vonhearse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vonhearse
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22340]Inspired by The Pelican Brief

Thanks for the great comments everyone

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
Re: INSPIRED BY: A CLOCKWORK ORANGE V.2

Beautiful work.

My favorite of all the clockwork orange entrees. Good luck

[/url]

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
Re: Inspired by The Thing That Couldn't Die

Not familiar with the movie, but the shirt is super cute.

[/url]

Groowalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Groowalla
Re: Inspired by: Serpent of the Rainbow

For the record, I love this design. Unfortunately, I can't wear this in my homophobic bible belt deep south area though because too many people here equate the serpent with sin and the rainbow with 'teh pleasantly upbeat'...i wouldn't score any points trying to explain that "No, it's not a validation of your anti-pleasantly upbeat agenda, it's about voodoo". Yeah, that would get me about 2 yards farther down the street. Cue banjos.

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
Re: Inspired by Saving Private Ryan

Every time I have to search for something on my computer, I secretly like to picture a squad of Rangers coming through my drive, trying to find the file, only to tell it that a couple of older versions of it have been deleted, and that soldiers are here to bring it home to its motherboard.

Why yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands, why do you ask?

jackalopejoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackalopejoe
Re: Inspired by: A Clockwork Orange

ooo my first ever post!
really like this t-shirt- never seen the film, but totally get the reference!

jackalopejoe

really like this, purple and black always go good together in my book!!

jackalopejoe

wow! i could look at this for ages and still not see everything- congrats on the great image

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
BootsBoots wrote:This is fantastic.

Thanks

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Inspired by Stargate

Very dreamy Beefcoat. I like it! Fun seeing some of your new styles the past couple of weeks. Congratulations on gaining entry to fog-dom.

jackalopejoe

i wouldn't worry about people not knowing the film- i don't but i still love the design

jackalopejoe

lovin the monkeys! great design idea!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Inspired By The Silence Of The Lambs

Im glad this is doing well. You can silence all the naysayers who tried to dog this design before it was made. I don't like it when people complain before the derby about how a particular design is too obvious or when they say I wonder how many of "Whatever" we're gonna see in this derby. Often times these folks have never even submitted a design, which is perhaps the most frustrating part.

You prove them wrong with this design. It's funny clean and well executed - in addition to being simple.

klswoot

Re: INSPIRED BY: A CLOCKWORK ORANGE V.2

This is fantastic. I think it is my favorite of the clockwork orange entries. Love the sketchy lines and antiqued colors. Wonderful expression on his face too! Good luck and congratulations on your fogged spot. Great design!

jbkline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbkline
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22302]Inspired by

This is by far one of the best shirts ive seen on woot!

jackalopejoe

have to agree that maybe the overall design is a wee bit big, but i love all the sea critters!! especially the angler fish :-)

jackalopejoe

that little lamb is uber cute and the simplicity of the design makes it immediately obvious to anyone, well done!

DavidShenoda

Re: Inspired by Purple Rain

Somewhere in a land far away, in a mansion surrounded by piles of money and gold records, the artist formerly known as Prince is waiting to buy this shirt.

Maybe I'm just like my mother. She always liked shirts with purple.
Or, maybe I'm just like my father. He's a fan of lightning.

DavidShenoda

I like your take on it, although it is a bit "kiddish" for me. Maybe my daughter could wear it. Well done and nicely executed.

DavidShenoda

Horrorfan578 wrote:I just love this design, I wouldn't care what color it was printed on, I would still vote for it. But on I personal note I prefer the blue.

That was the trouble I had when I made the shirt. I tried putting it on a few different shirts, and it looked good on most of the lighter colors. I picked green to stay with the asian theme, but blue is probably a little more wearable.

Thanks to all for voting, viewing, and commenting.

klswoot

Re: Inspired by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

jackalopejoe wrote:wow! i could look at this for ages and still not see everything- congrats on the great image

Thanks Jack and RGlee for the comments. I'm thrilled with the votes so far. THANK YOU!!! After drawing the design, I want to go out and rent the movie again. Just loved it the first time...wonder if I'd view it differently now.

bhsuzycue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhsuzycue

I love the concept, but the execution needs work. Unfortunately, I am not an artist, so I can't offer specific suggestions. It just needs to be smoother somehow.

DavidShenoda

Re: Inspired By: The Fast and the Furious

Well, I find myself wanting to tell you the same thing that people often times tell me. I love your illustration, but I'm not so sure about the "wearability" factor of this shirt. I think the color scheme you chose does not do the design justice. Maybe brighter colors with some more contrast would help to really make the linework pop of the shirt.

Either way, I think it is a great design. Keep up the good work, Sir - uhhh, or madam, and welcome to woot. I don't believe I've seen a posting from you before.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Inspired by: Sleepless In Seattle

Mostbestestbuddy I will explain the cigarette. When I created this character I explained why he was being created and warned him that he will be sitting there for at least a week and many people will come and look at him but not many would vote which is my fault of course as the artist and he shouldn't take it personally.
It was then that HE insisted on the cigarette to help pass the time and I simply could not refuse him after what I was putting him through. The cat on the other hand could care less either way.

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Inspired by: Sleepless In Seattle

Thank you Bootboots I'm a big fan of your work!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

i miss rainbows being just plain rainbows.

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey

Fantastic idea! I love it!

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo

This is really pretty. I love the way you created the look of gold. gmv!

DavidShenoda

jbkline wrote:This is by far one of the best shirts ive seen on woot!

Honestly, you're too kind. I'm glad to hear you like it. Even when I don't win, (which is, let's see..........Every Week) I keep submitting, because of the comments I get from others like you who are supportive and take the time to let me know that they enjoy the designs I create.

Also, to all fans of my designs, I am working on getting my previous shirts online. I am unsure whether to go with Spreadshirt, Cafepress, or Zazzle? Anyone want to chime in on the pros and cons of using these, or which is better?

AnnaJo

Re: Inspired By: The Fast and the Furious

I too, love your illustration. It gets my vote! While I don't have a problem with the color, I think it would do better without that black and yellow zig-zag panel behind the tortoise. I think it would make him stand out more. Great job!

gizmoduck1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmoduck1234
Re: Inspired by Purple Rain

I like the clouds and the color, but the lightning looks a bit... flaccid. There should be some angles in there, not all spaghetti like.

AnnaJo

Re: Inspired by:The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Your illustrations are really funny! Who doesn't like chubby angels and devils?

AnnaJo

Re: Inspired by APOCALYPSE NOW

This is really cool! I love your colors and the way you silhouetted the person on the swing. Really great.

DavidShenoda

Re: Inspired by: 300

I wanted to do a 300 design, since I'm definitely a fan of the movie. Check My website if you don't believe me. I love the cinematography in it, but I couldn't think of a way to draw a cool design from only the title of the movie. As I understand it, to use a spartan helmet would be against the theme, but I'm not clear on the rules.

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
Re: Inspired by Lord of the Rings

I'm disappointed but the Woot folks must have their reasons for rejection. Que sara sara.

bhsuzycue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhsuzycue

Love the monkeys, hate the color of the shirt. I think the shirt color is so loud that it draws attention away from the adorable monkeys. Perhaps a cream or light tan color for the shirt...

AnnaJo

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22384]Inspired by

Wow. This is simply fantastic. I prefer the blue, but just because I feel the green and red get a little distracting. On either shirt, this is a great design and congrats on getting into the new hotness! Here's hoping you continue to climb!

klswoot

DavidShenoda wrote:Honestly, you're too kind. I'm glad to hear you like it. Even when I don't win, (which is, let's see..........Every Week) I keep submitting, because of the comments I get from others like you who are supportive and take the time to let me know that they enjoy the designs I create.

Also, to all fans of my designs, I am working on getting my previous shirts online. I am unsure whether to go with Spreadshirt, Cafepress, or Zazzle? Anyone want to chime in on the pros and cons of using these, or which is better?

Hi Sir D - Love your designs this week. Dark Knight was on my list of possible designs, but your entry is fantastic. Glad I didn't try to tackle that one. My favorite of your designs is the green crouching tiger, hidden dragon. You always do great work! Good luck this week.

About Spreadshirt, Cafepress and/or Zazzle. I went with Cafepress mainly because Spreadshirt and Bountee were having problems with some of my designs...too fine of lines in some cases and difficulty with some of the details. But, they've increased printing capabilities at Spreadshirt and quite a few wooters have their designs on Spreadshirt. See Robert's BestLosers.com site where he compares several POD sites. I've been happy with cafepress, but I tend to sell more non-tshirt items. PM if you have any questions about cafepress, happy to help if I can. Can't help too much on the other sites however.

AnnaJo

Re: Inspired By Ghost Rider

This is too funny. I love the scale of the ghost to the figure, great design!

AnnaJo

Re: Inspired by Ladyhawke

This is a great design and I like the simplicity!