(6/17/2006) RCA RT2390 500-Watt 5.1 Home Theater System

connekted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connekted
Re: Don't Run - Doyc

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=doyc
and i don;t think its the first one =P

vonhearse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vonhearse
niedernut wrote:I'm sorry, but I submitted a design without looking at the ones already submitted. Just letting you know I did not do that with the intention to just alter your design. Sorry bout that. I actually had this thought when the derby was first opened and just got around to doing it. Didn't think to look and see if anyone else had the same thought. Regardless, my bad for submitting something REAL close to what you did.
-Niedernut

Don't worry about it, there were a couple of tp ones ahead of mine even, seems it was kind of a popular idea. I think they are all different enough to warrant being here. I guess we all just panic about the same things

testure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages testure
Re: I Want My CO2!

bleh, poor idea, poor execution.

woot doesn't use iron-on transfers, so they can't print photos.

testure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages testure

this has nothing to do with panic?

Toasted7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toasted7
Re: Donut Panic!

I hope this one makes it... cause I'm in for one for sure!

jschway901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jschway901
Re: Within this World of Chaos...

Not sure if i would feel comfortable wearing a naked man on my chest.... Its very cool though. Great work!

connekted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connekted

of course it does... you wouldn't panic if someone try that to you?? llo

farmerbob1111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farmerbob1111
MostBestestBuddy wrote:"!" is text

Sorry guess it seemed somehwat incidental to me?

Notoch351

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Notoch351

AMAZING!!!

Babs3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Babs3
Re: Look Out Behind You!

Love the kid with the match. The monster looks familiar. I think I see it in the mirror in the mornings when I first wake up. Thanks for sharing the design process. That is really great!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
farmerbob1111 wrote:Sorry guess it seemed somehwat incidental to me?

This derby was no text. Sometimes they will allow incidental text, but they weren't allowing any this week.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Nemak wrote:It kind of looks like a panicking plate of Jello

strongly agree, maybe if someone was about to push or is pushing a button while it is freaking out...i dunno...i think the panic button is an obvious concept for this derby, just not really executible in reality.

bpeterson82

Re: ANTZ

I believe the light should be focused to a point on the ants not the other way around, llo though.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
ack154 wrote:As I was reading the comments here... this is pretty much what I was going to end up saying myself.

It's not that you are using the band or anything like that, but you very obviously picked the name and did the design around the name of the band... very carefully such that you didn't really step over the "bounds" of the contest.

Thank you, finally someone with common sense!

prepn15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prepn15
Re: Chute! (improved - resub)

frakking amazingly awesome
Ovaltina, my goat you
gmv

Just Keep Swimming

prepn15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prepn15
Re: Stranded

i cant' help but say awwwww when i see this

and awesome edges on the polar bears fur i like the ridged style

Ovaltina, my goat is voting for you

Just Keep Swimming

acornty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acornty

wait we were suppost cut right there? ah crud

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Uncle Steve tries to kill us all!

Wow... can a brother get some comments?

TychPsych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TychPsych

I loved it.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: Uncle Steve tries to kill us all!

This shirt desrves wayyyy more votes!!!

GMV

aaronX987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronX987

What would really make this the best shirt ever would be shape the design according to the ribcage not the maximum ammount of space you could use. I do not like the box effect. Love the design!

kagreeley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kagreeley

well. it's funny how because i think the entry isn 't good, i'm seen as a bible thumper. and, ooooh, you're a woman. you're just a regular ol' rebel! i have such a great sense of humor, but i just don't think that this is funny. at all. but i'll be sure to grow a pair.

i'm sorry that i assumed that it was to get a reaction. most people usually know how conservative this site can be, and things like this entry are always rejected, therefore i thought that it was just a way to get attention.

and just cuz my account said i joined in 2008 or whatever, doesn't mean i haven't been part of another account for years. i just decided to split accounts from my husband and have my own. but when it comes down to it, anyone with an account can vote or complain. so keep it in mind.

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: ANTZ 2

OK, let's try this one....geez so much for my imagination. Let's see which one does better. Go out and buy votes for the one you like the best.....

bluchez

Re: ANTZ 2

Great Idea! Glad to have you back mr. farm, you're missed when you take breaks.

Got My Vote!

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
jahrpm wrote:Don't See Panic in This One!!

Agreed, nice design though!! Would vote but I personally know what an eclipse of the sun is and I am pretty sure there is a song out there that refers to it in a heart sort of way..Not tooo panic like. Keep design, will be worth it for other themes and a possible winner!

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
bluchez wrote:Great Idea! Glad to have you back mr. farm, you're missed when you take breaks.

Got My Vote!

Thanks Bluchez! I've had a busy summer.

bluchez

highgrassfarm wrote:Thanks Bluchez! I've had a busy summer.

harvest?

neophyte77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neophyte77
Re: Donut Panic!

I really love this shirt. In fact, this shirt convinced me to register and comment. Kudos.

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: Gulp

This is great! GMV

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:This is very true, and I think this is largely a matter of usage. The turtle-fetish seems very woot specific... I may well have ignored, since I'm not a huge turtle fan, but I am just not seeing as many turtle shirts anywhere else, even in voting stages, as I do at woot. Something like Fable's turtle shirt this week is fine, because it utilizes a unique turtle aspect... the concept wouldn't have worked with most other animals. I found "Turtle Rage" totally charming largely for the style, which can often be a deciding factor. Again, also, the concept was one that benefit greatly from the choice of a turtle. Others, tho (and for better or worse, I think yours applied) seem to throw turtles in places where the design benefits less from them than the designer does. I'm not saying that was your inspiration to go turtle, but that your design would have been largely the same no matter what you drew. A lot of woot turtlework seems to work on this level... it has grown to be something many designers will work into a design for votes whether the concept is strong or not... they rely on the turtle for strength, as they rely on the bird or the tree or the koi or whatever. Like anything else, versatility is all about how it's used. Chicken is incredibly versatile, but if you only ever get it fried from KFC, you can't expect people to want dinner at your place. As the old idiom goes, familiarity breeds contempt.

I can respect that. I did have rationale for using a turtle, and when I created the original design (only my second derby entry ever) I wasn't familiar enough with woot to know that turtles were a meme. The idea just clicked with a turtle. But you're right - other animals could definitely have been substituted in. I don't think the design would have felt the same with another creature though.

We should compile a list of interesting, recognizable animals that haven't been done on woot. Preferably animals that aren't *too* hard to draw.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Eclipse - What Happend To The Sun!

The center of the sun will not come out. And there is no panic in an eclipse.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
yankeebird wrote:I LOVE the zombies!

Hands down, the best part. Again Mr. Riff, I find myself enjoying one of your shirts and consequently, voting for it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

The preview thumbnail does no justice to this one. Patch, this design rocks: GMV.

bpeterson82

Re: Picked the right numbers

Where's the panic?

bpeterson82

Re: Look Out Behind You!

How is it 10th! Weetabix? TALLY-HO!!!! This is better than the doughnuts, although they should be 4th!

claraoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages claraoc
Re: i must scream and have no mouth

I think this is my favorite of this derby. I love the detail on it, and the eraser shavings are perfectly executed. None of the ones I like are even close to winning though Great job you did on this.