dovy6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dovy6

I'ts "coughee", see, because Cigarettes make you cough!!!

great shirt

wait... what?

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork

Congrats on the print

JonSnow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JonSnow
mewlink64 wrote:It's great that all the people complaining that no one gets the movie reference aren't saying what movie it's referencing...

Gee would it be too hard to imagine the movie is called "Coffee and Cigarettes" ?

I can just picture your brain turning inside out right now.

barry1214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barry1214
HowardTheDuck wrote:Those are the chemical formulas for caffeine and nicotine. Two of the greatest chemical compounds ever invented! And it's very unlikely that the nicotine gave your relative/friend their lung cancer, so spare me the sob story. It's not tobacco's fault they chose to buy cigarettes laced with chemicals added to enforce the addiction, trick your brain and speed the effects of the nicotine. Smoking natural tobacco through a filter is the only way to smoke!

Yes, thanks, I did find that and I agree re: natural ones. So NOW I want a shirt with that formula on it which would be a little more subtle. Kinda like what the smokers should have worn in that great epic work of Kevin Costner. llo.

Archavious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Archavious
mewlink64 wrote:It's great that all the people complaining that no one gets the movie reference aren't saying what movie it's referencing...

http://www.hulu.com/coffee-and-cigarettes

kilcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kilcher

When is Woot going to wake up and make 3X shirts available!?!?!

gypsy101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gypsy101
iris420 wrote:If I still smoked, I'd seriously think about it. The coffee addiction is still going strong.

Or if I still hung out at Denny's til 4am. This looks like one of those shirts.

my thoughts exactly...

aleeks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aleeks

Never drink coffee and don't smoke. I also don't understand the witty reference :P.

But if I wanted to give this as a gag gift it would be great..............

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
JadenKale wrote:um grats Oliver, but I'm gonna have to pass... I don't smoke so it's not appealing to me.

I have the adam ant syndrome with this shirt..

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape

This shirt does not appeal to me at all, and movie reference or not, are there people out there who still consider cigarettes to be "cool" or something? I personally would not want to wear a shirt with a picture of a cigarette box on it because just the thought of a cigarette brings up all sorts of nasty images.

DasFishy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DasFishy

$10? That could buy a pack and a latte to feed someone's monkey. But I see your ploy woot, every shirt that you sell is another dime safe from the pusher's pocketbooks. Right on!

mewlink64

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mewlink64
Archavious wrote:http://www.hulu.com/coffee-and-cigarettes

thanks

TAYLORT5

thewronggrape wrote:This shirt does not appeal to me at all, and movie reference or not, are there people out there who still consider cigarettes to be "cool" or something? I personally would not want to wear a shirt with a picture of a cigarette box on it because just the thought of a cigarette brings up all sorts of nasty images.

and licking ashtrays ain't cool either.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67
kilcher wrote:When is Woot going to wake up and make 3X shirts available!?!?!

um... they do...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Fish293

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fish293

why all the frickin' animosity?
I havent seen the shirt forums this heated in quite a while
i think everyone needs to chill out...drink a cup of coffee, smoke a cigarette, whatever works for you.

Personally, i think this is a pretty cool shirt. I dig the simplicity of it.
gonna have to sleep on it tho

javandu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages javandu

I agree cigarettes are nasty. so I will add to the majorities support group, but I have a friend that will like it.

capsjackson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capsjackson

This shirt is amazing.

Did you know smoking makes you look cool? Also, drinking coffee is a popular activity.

Doing both of these will net you ladies. True story.

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67
kiwangowoowoo wrote:this shirt is tight.

buy a bigger size...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

javandu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages javandu

I Concur with
Fish293
"i think everyone needs to chill out...drink a cup of coffee, smoke a cigarette, whatever works for you. "

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Archavious wrote:I thought this shirt was a fan dedication to the movies Coffee and Cigarettes.
http://www.hulu.com/coffee-and-cigarettes

If you like improv comedy and dry humor you will enjoy the movie. The whole thing is on hulu.com

kinda slow. just random people smoking, drinkin coffee and talkin sometimes.

I like it!! makes me feel like im in a coffee shop while i work.

..... although i dont smoke, just quit, i dig the shirt. i have love for coffee and cigarettes. not the movie. the substances. zoink, bought one!

rfullert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rfullert

I have been raving about this combination for years. Now I have a t-shirt I can be slightly embarrassed to wear to showcase my addictive personality.

minktheshrink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages minktheshrink

o come on guys... i dont drink coffee and ive never smoked a cigarette in my life but its not a bad shirt. all you downers

27 Woots
13 Sellouts
18 Shirts

Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia 07.12.2011

compassstl

quality posts: 30 Private Messages compassstl

Not for me, but I'd love to have some of my customers do what it says in the "wear this shirt" section. I work at QuikTrip, ironically, and there's a group of customers that get exactly that.

TAYLORT5

this one even fits the theme of this weeks derby.http://olivermunday.com/index.php?/project/fire-in-the-hole/

You're on probation!

enisslabotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enisslabotnik

I love coffee, and if I smoked this might be a decent shirt. But I don't, so it's a pass for me.

YeahImJosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YeahImJosh

If you are a smoker, whats drinking coffee without smoking a cigarette? This shirt is perfect for those who smoke and enjoy coffee. Congrats on the print, may be in for one...I will decide if its still available when I wake up in the AM (and drink a cup of coffee and smoke a cigarette).

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Man, caffeine *and* nicotine together on one shirt? I'M IN. Thank you!

Matingas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matingas

I was gonna buy .. and my ex-gf said .. "that's a really hipster shirt" .. and made me not buy it ... but .. now that i think about it .. she said "i was being a hipster" for anything she didnt like.

i dont really smoke though.. and that is pretty hipster...

(i secretly want it on my random shirt woot)

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

Does the PG-13 rule only apply to derbies? I don't quite understand how Woot will reject alcohol-themed derby entries, but print a shirt featuring a pack of cigarettes.

Siress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siress

Coffee....and...jesus god, never mind.

:-P

I like the movie, but this is just way too random for a shirt. Did people actually vote for this design to be printed? I don't keep up with the derbies, so I wouldn't know.

I'm really waiting for this print: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22982

magnesfox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magnesfox

There had to have been a more clever way to make a movie reference. If you were referencing the Lion King, would you put a lion with a crown on its head or something? It's really unimaginative. As an aside, usually when you try to make a subtle reference, you don't make it so that the interpretation for people who aren't in the know is so negative.

If I wore this to work, half of my coworkers would think "eww, a smoker." I have, like, one movie aficionado friend, and I don't even think he has heard of this movie.

atpifer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages atpifer
capsjackson wrote:This shirt is amazing.

Did you know smoking makes you look cool? Also, drinking coffee is a popular activity.

Doing both of these will net you ladies. True story.

He has a point. His logic is seamless.
I love how that is your first post. Been saving it for that, awesome.

redstickman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redstickman
Fish293 wrote:why all the frickin' animosity?
i think everyone needs to chill out...drink a cup of coffee, smoke a cigarette, whatever works for you.

you missed the chicken/headdress one. that was some serious carp.

cls31s

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cls31s

nice...but disappointed...especially since where i'm at they banned cigarettes basically anywhere you go...and i don't smoke...don't care if you do it...but not in front of me please...

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Fish293 wrote:why all the frickin' animosity?

So I take it you weren't around for the infamous ''Chief of Many Feathers'' shirt?

I just don't care for the cigarettes on it and the simplicity just doesn't cut it for me... Movie reference or no, I'm just not a fan.

remlog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages remlog

Maybe if the packet of cigs was replaced by a doobie I'd buy it.

feels good man

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

I get the feeling the exasperated movie reference guy who likes following his insults with nonsensical double grammar weirdness is wrong? I think it much more likely this is just a shirt trying to exploit smokers who drink sludge in the morning? I mean exploit in the nicest possible way of course.

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer
slomer wrote:I get the feeling the exasperated movie reference guy who likes following his insults with nonsensical double grammar weirdness is wrong? I think it much more likely this is just a shirt trying to exploit smokers who drink sludge in the morning? I mean exploit in the nicest possible way of course.

Is that a question? Why yes.. yes it is! It is also a vague reference to sideshow bob!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
JonSnow wrote:It's a f**king movie reference what is wrong with you retards? Do you only watch the movies that come on abc family?

Everyone here is either way younger than I thought, or a lot dumber.

Either way. Either way's fine.

Congrats. How's the weather up there?

Yeah I thought of the movie. I found it terrible. I'm 22 and I don't think I have ever watched a movie on ABC Family--maybe a few minutes of Harry Potter but no original made-for-tv-movie programs.
Not all words used in reference to a movie are always purposely associated with that specific movie throughout the rest of history. Cigarettes and Coffee have the most addicts in our country--oh it's a reference to the movie "Traffic"--it HAS to be.
Right?

Koniro

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Koniro

I don't give a carp about any references, I don't think it's funny at all. I wouldn't wear this if I was paid to.