iSamurai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iSamurai

I love me some Coffee and some Organic cigarettes but this shirt seems soooo...boring, bland, and just plain uncreative. I would have to agree with another poster, worst shirt.woot! I've seen.

Keep workin Oliver and I hope to see another (albeit more creative) shirt from you here in the future.

iSamurai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iSamurai
Siress wrote:Coffee....and...jesus god, never mind.

:-P

I like the movie, but this is just way too random for a shirt. Did people actually vote for this design to be printed? I don't keep up with the derbies, so I wouldn't know.

I'm really waiting for this print: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=22982

Derby winners are only Fri-Sun. Mon-Thur are commissioned shirts save for the editors picks and whatnot (correct me if I'm wrong guys, I'm a fairly new wooter and was confused about the derbys myself when I first came by)

brisashi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brisashi

Not a fan of coffee, cigarettes, or &.

brizday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizday

I watched my father die of lung cancer... this attempt at humor:

This shirt tells the world: “I plan to be wide awake for every thrilling moment of my lung cancer.”

...falls really flat for me.

sheila01801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheila01801

I like the concept of the shirt.

However I don't drink coffee or smoke.

1. 11-26-07 "Crappy Shirt"
  2. 04-11-08 Love of Money Shirt
  3. 05-27-08 Random Shirt
  4. 06-03-08 Nike Sport Kit Carrying Case for MP3 Players (2 for Tues)
  5. 6-13-08 It's going out faster than coming in shirt.
  6. 7-21-08 Happy Birthday, Shirt Woot tee.
  7. 7-30-08 Mighty Kite Mini Kite
  8. 8-30-08 Hungry Bento
  9. 9-02-08 Random Woot Tee (Perpetual Emotion)
  10. 10-03-08 Donut Panic! shirt
  11. 10-16-08 Random Shirt
  12. 10-23-08 Screaming Money (orange cape)

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Many, many jokes have popped into my head on first glance at this one:

Are these shirts subject to excessive taxing?

Maybe I could take it to a neighboring trailer park, and sell them for $20 each.

The people that would buy this won't buy this, as they need their money for the nicotine and caffeine...

so many jokes, so little time.

oh, btw, grats on the print, but I'll save my $ for another day....

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

What a terrible idea for a shirt. There's a reason cigarette ads have been banned everywhere- they work! People smoke more when they see something purporting to be cool that has cigarettes on it. This is shameful, and I hope you guys can't sleep for selling such a horror as this.

StillVictorious

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StillVictorious
Josephus wrote:What a terrible idea for a shirt. There's a reason cigarette ads have been banned everywhere- they work! People smoke more when they see something purporting to be cool that has cigarettes on it. This is shameful, and I hope you guys can't sleep for selling such a horror as this.

If someone is so dumb a shirt convinces them to take up smoking, then they deserve to die of lung cancer.

Chill out, people. This shirt isn't even close to being offensive.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
StillVictorious wrote:If someone is so dumb a shirt convinces them to take up smoking, then they deserve to die of lung cancer.

kids start out smoking to be"cool"
, so your saying kids should die? you are very dangerous.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Josephus

StillVictorious wrote:If someone is so dumb a shirt convinces them to take up smoking, then they deserve to die of lung cancer.

The trouble is that people start smoking when they're kids. and kids do stupid things, even smart kids, even kids that grow up to be really successful, even YOU, when you were a kid, did stupid things.
A shirt walks around in the world, and everyone sees it. Someone as cool and popular as you are, wearing a shirt like this, will probably induce a tobacco resurgence all over the county you live in, because all the kids will see you and think they ought to smoke too.
Woot ought to take this down and put up a link to the American Lung Association for the rest of the day.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
jackie31337 wrote:Does the PG-13 rule only apply to derbies? I don't quite understand how Woot will reject alcohol-themed derby entries, but print a shirt featuring a pack of cigarettes.

Good point!

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
jackie31337 wrote:Does the PG-13 rule only apply to derbies? I don't quite understand how Woot will reject alcohol-themed derby entries, but print a shirt featuring a pack of cigarettes.

woot is a company that is run by kids...sure theres some old people in there getting all the money the young ones work for, but the kids make the choices of the shirts being printed.which is why most of them are so bad...

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Josephus

TAYLORT5 wrote:woot is a company that is run by kids...sure theres some old people in there getting all the money the young ones work for, but the kids make the choices of the shirts being printed.which is why most of them are so bad...

actually they're all about the same age.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

i'd never heard of the movie. do not like the shirt. though the description is pretty funny.

already bought the woot, so i'm done for the day.

inzeos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inzeos

Gross, bad choice on woot's behalf. will be passing.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

No one deserves to die of lung cancer.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Jestik wrote:
The people that would buy this won't buy this, as they need their money for the nicotine and caffeine...

That was my first thought too!

I don't even want to put words to it as I fear that'll solidify it as destiny, but I'm now terrified of my next batch of randoms.

nanciejeanne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nanciejeanne

IT'S A PICTURE OF MY BREAKFAST!!!!

(sometimes I throw in those little powdered sugar donuts, too.)

projectkmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages projectkmo

I'm a woot fan

I'm just not a fan of cigarettes.....at all.

astronautcowboy3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astronautcowboy3

This shirt is really male, IMHO.

corey9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corey9

clip & art

yankeebird

Oh, and go figure, this is the one shirt that gets my home state of Montana to light up bright yellow. Nice job, MT! You sure do love your cancer there, don't you?

TeepoOBR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TeepoOBR

Ugliest boobies ever.

anitablake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anitablake

I think this shirt might have ruffled more feathers than the Bigfoot/Nessie Change shirt!!!

It's a SHIRT people.

"Everyone has an opinion, just like everyone's got an...."

geeiverson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geeiverson

Even if this is based on a movie, readers of the shirt likely won't know that and it'll just leave a very bad impression.

wvtalbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wvtalbot

Whats the deal with the shirts lately?

First we get the chicken in a headdress deal.

Then we get the anti-obama shirt yesterday.

Today we get a shirt advertising cigarettes.

Has woot been bought out by Haliburton or something?

whitenl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whitenl

Wow. I always kinda thought of Woot as a realm for libertarians. I wasn't really expecting all the comments like "no one deserves to get lung cancer," "kids start smoking to be cool," and "I watched my father die of lung cancer." It seems no one can pass up the opportunity to jump on their soap-box to rail against a perfectly legal activity.

If god would not want us to get lung cancer, he would not have made cigarettes so damn delicious.

Great shirt. In for one.

bhaley20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhaley20

Man, I really wanted this shirt before I knew it was a movie reference. Now I feel like I need to watch the movie in order to be entitled to wear it... Oh, well, with this much hate for the shirt, I'm pretty sure it won't be sold out too quickly.

Oh, and yes, I smoke. It makes me appear "cool," because, of course, that is all I am concerned with. Also, I have been led to believe, by billboard adverts and popular culture, that the "coolness" I will acquire from smoking will assist me in becoming "popular," which, apparently, is crucial to living a quality life.

That is my one and only reason, and, if I die as a result of my conscious decision to indulge in something that I know is extremely harmful to my health, it is my one and only hope that my survivors will blame my death not only on cigarettes themselves but on other smokers, and use it as an attempt to make others around them feel guilty and uncomfortable about their personal choices.

Seriously.

br00klyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br00klyn

THis is totally off subject of today's woot, but I ordered a shirt (the clockwork orange), and haven 't received it yet. I tracked it's progress through the tracking number provided, and the USPS says it was delivered on Friday.... Well it is now Tuesday, and still nothing! Anyone know what I can do about this?

bhaley20

wvtalbot wrote:Whats the deal with the shirts lately?

First we get the chicken in a headdress deal.

Then we get the anti-obama shirt yesterday.

Today we get a shirt advertising cigarettes.

Has woot been bought out by Haliburton or something?

... -HOW- was the Bigfoot/Nessie 08 shirt anti-Obama!? I admit I only just glanced at it, because by the time I saw it it was sold out so I wasn't interested, but I thought it was pretty funny...

metallicafan1404

quality posts: 3 Private Messages metallicafan1404

I've had one of those, there called a smokeachino.

wvtalbot

bhaley20 wrote:... -HOW- was the Bigfoot/Nessie 08 shirt anti-Obama!? I admit I only just glanced at it, because by the time I saw it it was sold out so I wasn't interested, but I thought it was pretty funny...

I dunno putting an Obama campaign slogan beside a half man/half ape doesn't offend you?

Maybe they should have a McCain slogan beside a dinosaur next time.

Anyway with this shirt I am very suprised woot can even get away with it. Several states have laws against selling smoking related paraphernalia to minors.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
metallicafan1404 wrote:I've had one of those, there called a smokeachino.

In high school, we had about 20 minutes for lunch. That was approximately 5 minutes for eating and 15 minutes for smoking. I had two smokes going at the same time in one hand and a burrito in the other. Now THAT is a combination.

schizoreaper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schizoreaper

My favorite combination! Too bad the shirt design vacuums

yankeebird

wvtalbot wrote:
Anyway with this shirt I am very suprised woot can even get away with it. Several states have laws against selling smoking related paraphernalia to minors.

I don't think a shirt with a cartoon of a pack of cigarettes qualifies as "smoking related paraphernalia" any more than a poster of someone, say James Dean, smoking would.

bhaley20

wvtalbot wrote:I dunno putting an Obama campaign slogan beside a half man/half ape doesn't offend you?

Not... really? No? I didn't see that, though like I said I just glanced at it. I just saw what looked like a joke campaign tee-shirt for a Bigfoot/Nessie ticket. I thought it was funny because I love cryptids.

Either way, it's just silliness, like the "Republicans for Voldemort" shirts and bumper stickers. There's no reason to twist it into something offensive.

bhaley20

yankeebird wrote:I don't think a shirt with a cartoon of a pack of cigarettes qualifies as "smoking related paraphernalia" any more than a poster of someone, say James Dean, smoking would.

But didn't you know? Whenever there's a picture of a cigarette on anything ever, it's because people are trying to get little kids to start smoking. Because that's the main target for big companies -- large demographics with little to no income that can't legally purchase their products. That's brilliant, evil marketing.

wvtalbot

yankeebird wrote:I don't think a shirt with a cartoon of a pack of cigarettes qualifies as "smoking related paraphernalia" any more than a poster of someone, say James Dean, smoking would.

You don't think cigarette companies used James Dean to advertise their products?

A little Naive there.

And I am not saying that they are breaking the law however me personally would not take the risk that someone would complain to their state AG who would then get a hair up their butt and cause you trouble.

It is more about CYA.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

This shirt is confusing. Is it referencing a bad movie or is it advertising bad things? (I'll admit that I watched that bad movie and that I drink coffee and smoke, but I'm not really proud of any of these things)

deebaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebaser

Gratz on the print. Im in for one.

I suspect the haters are mostly mad that this shirt has neither a bird, a fish, nor a tree on it.

I love everything about this shirt.
I just can't see wearing it.
Also I dislike the color...
... and the graphic.
/end typical shirt.woot commenter (Csmos)