ApolloShanofan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApolloShanofan
realitytwist wrote:hahahahahaha exactly what i was thinking! great shirt, great combo, great movie, n41

Hey Bill Murray, You hidin out?

shibz0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shibz0r

Why do people find this shirt offensive? Have you never seen a t-shirt that warrants anything above a G-rating? Go look at bustedtees.com where half the shirts contain sexual humor. Go look at penny-arcade's store where they have shirts that make fun of jesus. I don't remember woot ever claiming to endorse the views of their t-shirts, or to cater only to those who want cute little birds and bunnies to be in every design.

Lighten up. Different designs appeal to different people, it doesn't make them OR the designer deserving of "Ovaltina, my goat u r such a terrible person wahh wahh". If you know someone who died of lung cancer, chances are they knew what they were doing. They aren't going to look back and blame their addiction on a shirt some random person was wearing that happened to feature a pack.

Is this really that offensive to you? You do live in the same society as the rest of us, where South Park and Weeds and The Girls Next Door are enormously popular, right?

boehmcs1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boehmcs1

Definitely in poor taste. Shirt as well as the usually entertaining description... Big disappointment.

takz012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takz012

Every morning.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

You guys know these items were around before that 2003 monstrosity of a movie?
Murray was monotonous. Jarmusch, a joke.

WoodyDave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WoodyDave

I've always heard this was the "-ine" diet, Caffeine and Nicotine.

firecat1968

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firecat1968

I smoke, drink coffee, and I like this shirt. I was NOT going to buy it though until I saw all the whiners bitching about it. I am now going to buy one just as a S T F U point and wear it proudly.

tferoli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tferoli

Can't comment on the movie personally, haven't seen it. But I would probably be in for one of these if I still smoked... Now if they had a doobie + coffee...

aduthie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aduthie

It's just a shame the designer chose to use one of those adult sippy cups instead of an actual coffee mug.

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71
iris420 wrote:If I still smoked, I'd seriously think about it. The coffee addiction is still going strong.

Or if I still hung out at Denny's til 4am. This looks like one of those shirts.

wow, what she said. Exactly.

m2n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2n

Woot what's up Cigarettes? If I submitted a shirt with cigarettes you would have rejected me.
Plus Cigarettes are for Losers!
Death to all Cigarettes users! (this will happen sooner than you think)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
deebaser wrote:
I suspect the haters are mostly mad that this shirt has neither a bird, a fish, nor a tree on it.

I was actually waiting for another shirt with sentient food items being terrorized on it.

At least it's not asphalt.

swilgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swilgar

I agree about the yerba mate.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
wvtalbot wrote:You don't think cigarette companies used James Dean to advertise their products?

A little Naive there.

And I am not saying that they are breaking the law however me personally would not take the risk that someone would complain to their state AG who would then get a hair up their butt and cause you trouble.

It is more about CYA.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that the tobacco companies didn't use James Dean. Sure they did. Product placement existed then. I'm not an idiot, nor am I naive, thank you very much.

However, a minor would not be forbidden from buying the poster I linked to because of the cigarette. My point was that the shirt is not "smoking-related paraphernalia". Don't read anything else into it.

Oh, and I don't smoke, so please don't misread me to think I'm defending it in any way. It smells nasty and is bad for your health, as well as those around you that are forced to breathe in your leftovers.

DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406

I don’t smoke but do love coffee! The movie was ok, had a couple good moments. I am not a fan of the shirt, but seeing all the hypersensitive people makes me want this!! I love F—ing with hypersensitive people!! Trust me it's much better then watching TV. I always had this problem even playing the fabulous game operation!! I would purposely hit the sides as I dove in for the wish bone to make his nose glow!!!

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster

I just quit smoking...but I'm not sure If I would wear this if I was still smoking.

Though, for smokers who like coffee...together it is a pretty orgasmic way to start the day.

Ahhhhh...the good ol days!!

deebaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebaser

I just forwarded this woot to several of my friends for purchase.

I expect they'll either wear them on the couch or as an ironic workout shirt.

I love everything about this shirt.
I just can't see wearing it.
Also I dislike the color...
... and the graphic.
/end typical shirt.woot commenter (Csmos)

shotonce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shotonce

Way to target and alienate a whole demographic all at once!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
brisashi wrote:Not a fan of coffee, cigarettes, or &.

Yes! Ban ampersands today!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Gatzby

TAYLORT5 wrote:woot is a company that is run by kids...sure theres some old people in there getting all the money the young ones work for, but the kids make the choices of the shirts being printed.which is why most of them are so bad...

We tried hiring adults, but most of them won't work for animal crackers and demand more than half-melted crayons as a benefit package. We've got to keep the shipping costs low somehow, right?

Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
remlog wrote:Maybe if the packet of cigs was replaced by a doobie I'd buy it.

Yep, coffee + doobie=breakfast of champions.

Carpe shirtem!

5kw3r1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5kw3r1

What you might not know this shirt is a ticking time bomb! Cigarettes and coffee can be a lethal laxative combination! Watch out people...I've warned you.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Gatzby wrote:We tried hiring adults, but most of them won't work for animal crackers and demand more than half-melted crayons as a benefit package. We've got to keep the shipping costs low somehow, right?

I remember melting crayons as a kid. Get a nice big pan of boiling water, dump in the crayons, and make a big waxy rainbow mess. Good times, good times. And I like animal crackers... hey, are you guys hiring? ;)

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

This thread makes me want a cigarette. I haven't smoked in over two years, but I still crave! When I was a smoker, I relished every single cigarette, each magnificent puff, the intoxicating burn in my lungs, the way the smoke would roll out of my nose and mouth. I liked the repetitive aspect of hand to mouth, I liked having a reason to take a break at work (cuz smokers always get the breaks). I loved opening a fresh pack and always felt sad when I threw away an empty one. I loved the feeling of camaraderie I'd get with the other smokers who were banned to a far corner outside of any building while the wind howled and the snow blew all around us. I loved cigarettes so much that I smoked at least 30 a day. From the ages of 16 to 28 I had a best friend and her name was Camel Wides--though in the last few years I switched to her daughter, Camel Lights. In fact, the only reason I quit was because I had a hacking cough for about three years that I couldn't shake. Please, all smokers in the world, next time you light up a cigarette, think of me and I'll smoke vicariously through you. Thank you.

Carpe shirtem!

Gatzby

yankeebird wrote:I remember melting crayons as a kid. Get a nice big pan of boiling water, dump in the crayons, and make a big waxy rainbow mess. Good times, good times. And I like animal crackers... hey, are you guys hiring? ;)

Why, yes, yes we are!

johnneal5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnneal5

Great shirt! Didnt even think twice about ordering this one.
I love coffee and dont really smoke but still think the shirt is funny.

Its better than my last woot shirt (random shirt day) which was a gilled cheese sandwich on a black shirt.

bFusion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bFusion

Reminds me of the Scrubs episode where the Janitor invented the "smokachino" by dropping cigarettes into coffee to make an insanely addicting drink

I write music you may enjoy. --> http://www.abstractionmusic.com <-- Download the album for free.

oliviavillacorta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oliviavillacorta

i absolutely love this shirt! im sportin it as soon i receive it!

thanks,

Bendial80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bendial80

Hmmm, yeah not a big fan here...I guess if I was a smoker I'd be all about it.

sdrochek4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdrochek4

I feel so hated based on an addiction that I do not press on others. I also try to smoke alone (with my coffee) to avoid secondhand smoke... yet the hate... the hate... it makes me sad....

IN FOR ONE! Love the shirt either way..... Damn hippies

-Semper Fi

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
ApolloShanofan wrote:Hey Bill Murray, You hidin out?

you're JZA the genius, and you're RZA,

aka ba lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu

bobby digital

wu tang clan aint nothin to...

iris420 wrote:This thread makes me want a cigarette. I haven't smoked in over two years, but I still crave! When I was a smoker, I relished every single cigarette, each magnificent puff, the intoxicating burn in my lungs, the way the smoke would roll out of my nose and mouth. I liked the repetitive aspect of hand to mouth, I liked having a reason to take a break at work (cuz smokers always get the breaks). I loved opening a fresh pack and always felt sad when I threw away an empty one. I loved the feeling of camaraderie I'd get with the other smokers who were banned to a far corner outside of any building while the wind howled and the snow blew all around us. I loved cigarettes so much that I smoked at least 30 a day. From the ages of 16 to 28 I had a best friend and her name was Camel Wides--though in the last few years I switched to her daughter, Camel Lights. In fact, the only reason I quit was because I had a hacking cough for about three years that I couldn't shake. Please, all smokers in the world, next time you light up a cigarette, think of me and I'll smoke vicariously through you. Thank you.

+1

when im 98, im gonna drop a blue lighter into the sea from the eleifant of a boat, and think of my star crossed life long love.

kahawken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kahawken

I'm good with the coffee and color of shirt, but the cigarettes ...not good anywhere especially on a t-shirt.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

jimiyo wrote:
when im 98, im gonna drop a blue lighter into the sea from the eleifant of a boat, and think of my star crossed life long love.

Hahahaha!

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Gatzby wrote:We tried hiring adults, but most of them won't work for animal crackers and demand more than half-melted crayons as a benefit package. We've got to keep the shipping costs low somehow, right?

ROFL best thing ive read on this whole thread!! llo

I would defiently apply for woot, like, dead serious, if i lived near TX or missouri. Sadly im in MN. Once i get my degree in college, which is just a year away, if you guys are lookin for help again, i would move. I love this website

I once ate a cricket.

anonymous4507

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anonymous4507

*giggles* so funny. not

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqq6yvpw-4

Marty Robbins singing "Cigarettes and Coffee Blues"

njharrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njharrel

So I think that it AWESOME that they mentioned QuikTrip in the description of the shirt. I work for them and it is the best Company to work for. For all of you who don't know what Q.T. is.... go to www.quiktrip.com and ask them to build in your state next. it is the right thing to do

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I seriously love this shirt. I don't smoke but I am still considering buying it. I see nothing offensive and all you candy-ass whiners should get over yourselves. If you don't smoke, sweet. If you don't drink coffee, sweet.

Does a shirt with a dog on it when you like cats offend you too?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

I have a coworker who this would be perfect for. He spends his whole day sucking down (while slurping!) coffee and puffing away on cancer sticks (which I'm allergic to).

Too bad I can't stand him enough to talk to him and tell him about this site and the shirt...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

MissLinda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissLinda

just bought it.
so perfect.
my diet consists of skinny lattes and marlboro lights ...
it fits me to a Tee... har har *drumfill*