logicalcooper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages logicalcooper
drainhts wrote:But all I wanted to buy was Trick or Treat. I don't know what to say.

Exactly--Trick or Treat and Octospelled were so close in the race that even a few votes could have changed which one came in third.

popcornloverxoxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popcornloverxoxo
drainhts wrote:Wow. Guess I signed up for Woot for nothing. Probably should have known better.

noo!!! u signed up for woot for some ultra-cool shirts and thats what you'll get!!!!! just wait a little bit longer

2n2is5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2n2is5
AdderXYU wrote:I hate seasonal shirts as much as the next guy, but at least seasonal shirts have a season when they are appropriate. This will look dumb year round.

Both Woot and the people who vote in the derbies are not under your control. You either need to accept this or walk away. Please stop trying to ruin others experiences. You may find your life is much happier not worrying so much about other people looking dumb or purchasing ugly shirts.

ThaDuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThaDuke
thejakeyl88 wrote:I'll be straight to the point tonight. What a tremendous let down, and I'll refrain from really saying what I want to. I think its pretty obvious, though.

I feel exactly the same about it, but would like to add that it's total BS that this took out Trick or Treat. Who cares if it was seasonal or not, it was times 10 a better shirt than this piece of CARP!! Those of you who voted for this were either stupid or 12 years-old.

valarking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valarking
drainhts wrote:Wow. Guess I signed up for Woot for nothing. Probably should have known better.

oh no dear god, you had to spend a few moments to register ALL FOR NAUGHT!

cry more

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
2n2is5 wrote:Both Woot and the people who vote in the derbies are not under your control. You either need to accept this or walk away. Please stop trying to ruin others experiences. You may find your life is much happier not worrying so much about other people looking dumb or purchasing ugly shirts.

so... you agree that people are dumb and are purchasing ugly shirts?

drainhts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drainhts
valarking wrote:oh no dear god, you had to spend a few moments to register ALL FOR NAUGHT!

cry more

What are you, five?

valarking

drainhts wrote:What are you, five?

keep crying

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
2n2is5 wrote:Both Woot and the people who vote in the derbies are not under your control. You either need to accept this or walk away. Please stop trying to ruin others experiences. You may find your life is much happier not worrying so much about other people looking dumb or purchasing ugly shirts.

So either give up or give up. Great options.

I prefer to fight. There's a reason drugs and suicide are illegal. We as humans are morally obligated to protect people from themselves.

JadenKale

To be fair... there's a lovely selection of shirts from last week you can still pick up on the reckoning list I suggest the ones near the bottom of the list. Then you can vote in the future for designs that are worthy of a print.

drainhts

valarking wrote:keep crying

Learn punctuation.

ThaDuke

drainhts wrote:Learn punctuation.

*giggles*

puppetsbane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puppetsbane

This is the best shirt that woot has ever had! Stop crying about not getting your disposable novelty shirts. You already got zombies, wear that trick-or-treating and let the people with a little taste have a shirt for once.

Congratulation's! You deserved it!

valarking

drainhts wrote:Learn punctuation.

damn, you're right. i had no idea what these little symbols do.

drainhts

JadenKale wrote:To be fair... there's a lovely selection of shirts from last week you can still pick up on the reckoning list I suggest the ones near the bottom of the list. Then you can vote in the future for designs that are worthy of a print.

Oh, don't get me wrong, they're all neat shirts in one way or the other, I just specifically wanted a Halloween-themed shirt because I wanted to buy a few and link the shirt through a Halloween feature on the site I work for, which is the only reason I signed up. It's not that I want a cool shirt, I wanted that specific shirt, not anything else. Sorry.

ThaDuke

puppetsbane wrote:This is the best shirt that woot has ever had! Stop crying about not getting your disposable novelty shirts. You already got zombies, wear that trick-or-treating and let the people with a little taste have a shirt for once.

You have no taste - don't be surprised when people look at you funny when you're wearing this one!

JadenKale

drainhts wrote:Oh, don't get me wrong, they're all neat shirts in one way or the other, I just specifically wanted a Halloween-themed shirt because I wanted to buy a few and link the shirt through a Halloween feature on the site I work for, which is the only reason I signed up. It's not that I want a cool shirt, I wanted that specific shirt, not anything else. Sorry.

well... you should be able to see one or some in the next week here. This current derby has a couple Halloween entries you should watch for too.

sjgilbert4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjgilbert4
JadenKale wrote:well... you should be able to see one or some in the next week here. This current derby has a couple Halloween entries you should watch for too.

but are there any octopi in the current derby?

ya know....pet octopi.

2n2is5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2n2is5
AdderXYU wrote:So either give up or give up. Great options.

I prefer to fight. There's a reason drugs and suicide are illegal. We as humans are morally obligated to protect people from themselves.

You're advocating a dictatorship, albeit a benevolent one. You must realize this is exactly the opposite of the democratic nature of woot.

ThaDuke

sjgilbert4 wrote:but are there any octopi in the current derby?

ya know....pet octopi.

I really hope you're being sarcastic

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
2n2is5 wrote:You're advocating a dictatorship, albeit a benevolent one. You must realize this is exactly the opposite of the democratic nature of woot.

Can you imagine what a mess real businesses would be if customers got the ultimate say in what prints with no overseeing by the corporate honchos?

Business is not a democracy. Unless you want to sell utter bollocks.

JadenKale

ya know....pet octopi.

there is, actually... but it doesn't have a great amount of detail in it.

shark131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shark131

ya know....pet octopi.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23344

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM

You're right. Your options are really give up, give up, or troll. Thanks for choosing the latter, but...

Ron Paul FTW!

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

sjgilbert4

well, I hope people vote for the pet octopus. one can never have enough octopus shirts.

sjgilbert4

BensonM wrote:You're right. Your options are really give up, give up, or troll. Thanks for choosing the latter, but...

Ron Paul FTW!

do you even know what it means to troll on a message board? the person you're accusing of doing so is one of the best contributors to the site - both in their postings and their shirts.

relax, internet stud. it's just an opinion on a t-shirt.

sjgilbert4

ThaDuke wrote:I really hope you're being sarcastic

very much so. =)

JadenKale

shark131 wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23344

that's what I linked above ;)

OWT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OWT
sjgilbert4 wrote:well, I hope people vote for the pet octopus. one can never have enough octopus shirts.

I actually love octopi, and am on a huge octopi kick right now, so the past week has been great. I really don't see why some people get so horribly offended just because a shirt isn't their style. No hope for tolerence in our futures I see!

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

Well, I never knew an octopus could stir up such intense feelings.....

Not a shirt for me...clever use of the theme of the Derby, but its just not nice to look at...

sjgilbert4

OWT wrote:I actually love octopi, and am on a huge octopi kick right now, so the past week has been great. I really don't see why some people get so horribly offended just because a shirt isn't their style. No hope for tolerence in our futures I see!

personally, I'm not offended by any means. disappointed that the better shirt didn't get printed, considering I was planning on buying multiple copies? yes.....but definitely not offended.

sixxer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sixxer

What does the shirt spell??

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
JadenKale wrote:that's what I linked above ;)

Some people dont trust these new fangled linky things you know ;)

bmckay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmckay

Adder also proposes that only educated voters should be allowed to vote for the president of the United States. Everyone else should have their right to vote taken away from them.

fortgeorge

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fortgeorge

I don't know, I see drugs as more of a population control tactic.

"Television is a medium of entertainment which permits millions of people to listen to the same joke at the same time, and yet remain lonesome." T.S. Eliot

If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion. - Edmond de Goncourt

Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense. - Robert Heinlein

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator

Wow.. no tie still... I really liked that trick or treat shirt.. good design though.

z64dan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z64dan

YES! God yes. I love this shirt, and have promptly purchased one.

Wow what do you know, a shirt I can wear like, more than one month out of the year. As opposed to Trick or Treat.

And its a shirt that Woot has any chance of actually selling after Halloween.

bloodred37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloodred37
sixxer wrote:What does the shirt spell??

octopus

sjgilbert4

bmckay wrote:Adder also proposes that only educated voters should be allowed to vote for the president of the United States. Everyone else should have their right to vote taken away from them.

and?

cpe123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpe123

man, i am at this bar tonight doing the usual. the usual = drinking and hitting on women out of my league. anyways, all i wanted to do if fill up some chick's word hole with myself and take a nap. the first part didn't happen, and the second part is going to happen after i have hand romance. then i come home to this octopus shirt and all i can think about is the time i accidently puked on this toddler. then, you know, yeah.