sjgilbert4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjgilbert4

regarding seasonal shirts.....do those of you commenting on the limited wearability of the trick or treat shirt really care that much about the "season" when it comes to shirts?

if you're a baseball fan, do you avoid wearing your baseball t-shirts during the offseason?

I have no problem wearing my christmas boxers in July, and wouldn't hesitate to wear a halloween themed shirt with them.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bmckay wrote:Adder also proposes that only educated voters should be allowed to vote for the president of the United States. Everyone else should have their right to vote taken away from them.

What's the purpose of voting for someone if you don't know or understand their position on the issues? Voting is well and good, but voting as the mood strikes you is as asinine as saying, everyone should be able to graduate from school even the ones that failed to learn how to read.

sjgilbert4

oooh....octopi even bring out the political debates...god bless the octopi.

z64dan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z64dan
JadenKale wrote:What's the purpose of voting for someone if you don't know or understand their position on the issues? Voting is well and good, but voting as the mood strikes you is as asinine as saying, everyone should be able to graduate from school even the ones that failed to learn how to read.

Octopus for president. He knows how to spell.

z64dan

sjgilbert4 wrote:regarding seasonal shirts.....do those of you commenting on the limited wearability of the trick or treat shirt really care that much about the "season" when it comes to shirts?

if you're a baseball fan, do you avoid wearing your baseball t-shirts during the offseason?

I have no problem wearing my christmas boxers in July, and wouldn't hesitate to wear a halloween themed shirt with them.

Woah woah woah, wait a minute. You wear underwear in July?

cpe123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpe123

dude, bollocks is a rad word. not as cool as ninjas and robots, but still friggin sweet. people don't use the word "swell" enough anymore. or speakeasy.

icecue7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icecue7

I used the word "swell" yesterday when I was playing tennis. It was rather strange <_<.

As for the shirt, I had no idea it spelled something until I read some of the posts. That would explain the name. It's not quite my style though :[.

JadenKale

sjgilbert4 wrote:regarding seasonal shirts.....do those of you commenting on the limited wearability of the trick or treat shirt really care that much about the "season" when it comes to shirts?

Depending on the design, I agree with this. things that flat out say 'trick or treat' or 'halloween', they may only see the light of the Great Pumpkin during the year. I have a shirt that has an embroidered message on it with a ghost:
"I got the Boos in Wisconsin"
It's the only Wisconsin shirt I'll proudly wear in public (and I wear it all year round because I approve of the pun)... but I do have some halloween shirts that make it out and about during the rest of the year. I just bought TeeFury's 'The Butler' and he'll make it out and about during the year besides the fall season.

sjgilbert4

z64dan wrote:Woah woah woah, wait a minute. You wear underwear in July?

yeah, but not as "under"wear.

=)

JadenKale

sjgilbert4 wrote:oooh....octopi even bring out the political debates...god bless the octopi.

to be fair... the Cthulhu did it best... I'd vote for that winged and tentacled monster any day

rocks2359

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocks2359

I can't believe this beat out trick or treat. I really wanted that one! I'm soooo tee'd off, I may never buy another woot shirt!!!!!!!!!!!

sjgilbert4

JadenKale wrote:to be fair... the Cthulhu did it best... I'd vote for that winged and tentacled monster any day

this just made me want a chalupa.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
cpe123 wrote:dude, bollocks is a rad word. not as cool as ninjas and robots, but still friggin sweet. people don't use the word "swell" enough anymore. or speakeasy.

This post makes about as much sense as any of the other rubbish on the board tonight ... but at least this one was mildly entertaining for a fraction of a second.

JadenKale

sjgilbert4 wrote:this just made me want a chalupa.

I'm glad dyslexia made your mouth water for Taco Hell

bmckay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmckay

So you think voting should be restricted? Who chooses who can and cannot vote?

JadenKale

bmckay wrote:So you think voting should be restricted? Who chooses who can and cannot vote?

TBH, I think there should be a test to determine if you're at least educated enough to go vote. I'm not trying to say they have to determine your side, but you have to know of at least some of the issues. Seriously, I have a roommate who would probably write in a cartoon character since he doesn't know anything of the issues. Nor does my own husband, which is disturbing... he complains about gas prices but doesn't know who he'd vote for because he doesn't know who is going to work towards resolving those issues best.

manncarol

quality posts: 5 Private Messages manncarol

Shoot. Really wanted the Trick or Treat shirt...like this one, though, and congrats on the print!

Hey woot, how about throwing us the TorT for tomorrow???

iSamurai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iSamurai

Not really my style, but I like the subtlety and amazing detail so I'm grabbing one. Gratz on the print!

And holiday shirts are REALLY not my thing so I'm glad Trick or Treat didn't win.

And to the community...you really let me down tonight...one of the reasons I choose to buy from woot is the wonderful, respectful, and friendly community. Some of the comments here are ridiculously disrespectful and rude, please clean up your act guys.

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel
iSamurai wrote:Not really my style, but I like the subtlety and amazing detail so I'm grabbing one. Gratz on the print!

And holiday shirts are REALLY not my thing so I'm glad Trick or Treat didn't win.

And to the community...you really let me down tonight...one of the reasons I choose to buy from woot is the wonderful, respectful, and friendly community. Some of the comments here are ridiculously disrespectful and rude, please clean up your act guys.

Nah. It seems to be fun.

In all seriousness however, I prolly wouldn't have bought either one unless it was tied, in which case I would have both.

tommyt827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827

Congrats on the print! I was really hoping for the trick or treat though.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
AdderXYU wrote:I hate seasonal shirts as much as the next guy, but at least seasonal shirts have a season when they are appropriate. This will look dumb year round.

something fishy is going on here.... and I'm not talking about that octi... or am I.?

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

grafty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grafty

Trick or Treat sucked. So does this one. Come on designers. Quit giving us sh/t.

z64dan

grafty wrote:Trick or Treat sucked. So does this one. Come on designers. Quit giving us sh/t.

not cool man. not cool.

JadenKale

grafty wrote:Trick or Treat sucked. So does this one. Come on designers. Quit giving us sh/t.

It's not the designers... it's the voters. You guys choose what makes it and what doesn't. We simply create the designs. If you don't like it, vote for something that you feel fits the bill

zsgoodin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zsgoodin

One of these days the mighty cuttlefish is going to get its deserved shot at a shirt on here.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Whoever said enough with the seasonal shirts, we got the zombies, let people have something else or whatever... Where have you been, lets say the entire year? Does that one zombie shirt outweigh the hundreds of shirts that had absolutely nothing to do with Halloween?

The good thing about it is its nice to see a blue shirt in the derby. Its nice to see colors we don't normally see in the winners spot.

I am just incredibly sad I will not get trick or treat. That was the coolest idea for a Halloween shirt and it took the art as text derby to get someone to make it. I don't think it would have been made even if the derby was a Halloween theme. Oh well, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a really sweet Halloween derby so I'll have a shot at three good ones. also got two nice Halloween shirts from teefury, but I would like as many as I can get to wear year round.

**As someone asked already which proves a great point, do you baseball fans not wear baseball clothing or hats during the off season? That right there is how I feel about Halloween shirts. I love the material that is generally associated with Halloween, the colors, the feel and emotion. So let me wear my Halloween shirts all year round without assuming and complaining that it can only be worn for a short period of time. Whether it is or not, is up to you in the end. Whether you conform to the expectations of people and what or when you should wear something is also up to you.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

congrats on the print and 3rd place, cappy. great shirt!
thought about someone making the comment about the octopus "throwing gang signs in the ocean" or somesuch, llo....

shame about no tie, though :-(

btw, I am definitely in for my one!

Jefkrause

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jefkrause

i

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
Jefkrause wrote:Isn't it??? In America you have to be 18 & not a felon... so it is restricted as it is on the site by having to have at least bought one shirt. Restrictions are on EVERYTHING!! I am disappointed about the Trick or Treat shirt.

Whats the big deal if the shirt is seasonal? I know the economy is in the crapper, but $10 for a shirt most could wear atleast 25 times over their lifetime if they chose to, I see no problem. Speaking of which I have to dig out the PacMan Halloween themed shirt from last year. (And to the previous poster I wear only Baseball Shirts during the season, unless the team has won the Championship. In all honesty I think people look stupid in football jerseys during spring, Draft Day is the only exception.)

I was raised on the ice, and I'll always be a hockey player, and I wear my hockey hats during the spring/summer. It is the same with the Red Sox around here, everyone wears their stuff year round. I don't think people give much thought to that kind of stuff around here. They'd see me in July with a Halloween shirt on and think it was either a cool shirt, or not.

Maybe it depends on where you are in America, or the people you hang around. But here on Shirt.Woot we have one extreme all the way through to the other extreme when it comes to people, what they wear, how they wear it and when they wear it so, oh well, I've lost track of the point because I just made myself realize there isn't one.

Buy up, buy up! You'll want the second octopus shirt, because there is going to be a small, and relatively quick explosion of octopus designs and who knows how long the voters will be bringing them to the winners table.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Djskype

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Djskype
drainhts wrote:But all I wanted to buy was Trick or Treat. I don't know what to say.

I agree with you. not the signing up for no reason. I love woot. I just wish they would have chosen trick or treat. Do they only do 1st place 2nd and 3rd?

DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406

Ha I like this shirt! It cracks me up. It’s very subtle and random which I like. Voted and bought!

dwikowsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwikowsky
gacibula wrote:Damn... really wanted a Halloween shirt this month...

Me Too

moonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonster

I had octupi with my dinner the other night. Stirred up in some pasta.
If this shirt was edible???????????????????

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Holy crap, children, you all need to chill out. Accept the outcome whether you agree with it or not. Buy it if you want, don't buy it if you don't, but either way it's time to put on your big girl panties and move on.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
yankeebird wrote:...it's time to put on your big girl panties and move on.

Hahaha! I like that.

yaksplat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yaksplat

Boooooo..... Where's Trick or Treat? There's always hope for tomorrow..

Chronotrigga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chronotrigga

People seriously need to STOP trashing this shirt as well as this thread. First of all, it's October 12th. That means, there's still plenty of time to get a halloween shirt. The detail on the Octopus is where it mainly stands out and I commend that. Anyone who cannot see the detail is blind.

In addition, seriously, stop whining. Waa Waa Trick or Treat Shirt. There's still time left, don't get your frakking panties in a bunch.

Cheapassgamer / Digitalpoint / Webhostingtalk

unc25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unc25

in my opinion its better than "zombies"

congrats on the print!

siguewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siguewoot
JadenKale wrote:...
"I got the Boos in Wisconsin"
It's the only Wisconsin shirt I'll proudly wear in public...

What? You don't wear a "Home of the World's Largest Old Style Six Pack" shirt?

brizday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizday
AdderXYU wrote:In case anyone likes decent shirts with octopi on them, last week's is still on sale. If you are a normal wooter, though, grab this pile of carp up quick.

AdderXYU, I am admittedly pretty new to this Woot thing, but I couldn't help but notice you continually post rude and snarky comments. This is a wonderfully designed shirt (not my cup of tea, but the art is amazing.) Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And it's not as if you personally design amazing shirts that give you the clout to refer to a winning design as "a pile of carp."

Just my two cents.