anonymous4507

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anonymous4507

boring

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

The detail may look good on your screen but you need to think about how its going to print. We'll see, though.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

moviewatcher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moviewatcher
JadenKale wrote:I'm glad dyslexia made your mouth water for Taco Hell

Dyslexia causes munchies? I always thought it was marijuana that did that. Go figure.

More to the point of the thread, congrats on the printing, cappy. Great design.

Regardless of willingness to buy or not buy, regardless of Trick or Treat placing or getting printed or neither, a person should be complemented on an accomplishment. Anything to the contrary is just rude and disrespectful to the winner who is not responsible for other people's expectations.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

well, 738 people voted for this, so i better see at least that many of this sold. though, i wonder how many of them bought jamescho's octopus shirt and are like 'well, i voted 'cause i liked it, but i don't actually want to buy -another- one'...

kpengin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpengin
AdderXYU wrote:In case anyone likes decent shirts with octopi on them, last week's is still on sale. If you are a normal wooter, though, grab this pile of carp up quick.

octopodes*

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
brizday wrote:AdderXYU, I am admittedly pretty new to this Woot thing, but I couldn't help but notice you continually post rude and snarky comments. This is a wonderfully designed shirt (not my cup of tea, but the art is amazing.) Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And it's not as if you personally design amazing shirts that give you the clout to refer to a winning design as "a pile of carp."

Just my two cents.

hence the name "Adder" (I'm guessing it relates to the venom produced, llo)

don't take Adder personally, just part of his charm

bchu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bchu

not going to buy, but I think it's pretty clever! I like that the spelling is subtle, but you can still see it if you try to good job, and congrats on the print!

bmckay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmckay
brizday wrote:AdderXYU, I am admittedly pretty new to this Woot thing, but I couldn't help but notice you continually post rude and snarky comments. This is a wonderfully designed shirt (not my cup of tea, but the art is amazing.) Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And it's not as if you personally design amazing shirts that give you the clout to refer to a winning design as "a pile of carp."

Just my two cents.

It's both predictable and ordinary to have these type of people on any type of message board on the internet. Conflict is just fun for people. There is never a "winner." If you are truly upset, don't respond to them as it only fuels them. If you don't care and enjoy laughing at them, post away.

instantkarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantkarma

Well, um...I like octopi, I think it's clever that this one has a "hidden" message, I like blue...and so I bought this shirt.
Everyone who wanted a Halloween shirt, chill out. shirt.woot more than likely is going to throw up a Halloween shirt at some point this week or the next; teefury did it a couple days ago as well.
Congrats on the print, regardless!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
thejakeyl88 wrote:Whoever said enough with the seasonal shirts, we got the zombies, let people have something else or whatever... Where have you been, lets say the entire year? Does that one zombie shirt outweigh the hundreds of shirts that had absolutely nothing to do with Halloween?

The good thing about it is its nice to see a blue shirt in the derby. Its nice to see colors we don't normally see in the winners spot.

I am just incredibly sad I will not get trick or treat. That was the coolest idea for a Halloween shirt and it took the art as text derby to get someone to make it. I don't think it would have been made even if the derby was a Halloween theme. Oh well, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a really sweet Halloween derby so I'll have a shot at three good ones. also got two nice Halloween shirts from teefury, but I would like as many as I can get to wear year round.

**As someone asked already which proves a great point, do you baseball fans not wear baseball clothing or hats during the off season? That right there is how I feel about Halloween shirts. I love the material that is generally associated with Halloween, the colors, the feel and emotion. So let me wear my Halloween shirts all year round without assuming and complaining that it can only be worn for a short period of time. Whether it is or not, is up to you in the end. Whether you conform to the expectations of people and what or when you should wear something is also up to you.

Jakeyl, although I personally did not want the Trick or Treat shirt, I find myself feeling really bad for you because you wanted it so passionately. I hope there is a Halloween derby that will suit your needs!

Carpe shirtem!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Jestik wrote:hence the name "Adder" (I'm guessing it relates to the venom produced, llo)

I always picture his name as more of a reference to Black Adder, that saucy Rowan Atkinson character.

Carpe shirtem!

logicalcooper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages logicalcooper
zsgoodin wrote:One of these days the mighty cuttlefish is going to get its deserved shot at a shirt on here.

The problem with a cuttlefish shirt is that it would be blank. They change color to match their background. Instead, go out and buy a solid color tee and tell your friends you bought a cuttlefish shirt. Same effect.

zsgoodin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zsgoodin

Some types of octopus can also change color.

Jestik

iris420 wrote:I always picture his name as more of a reference to Black Adder, that saucy Rowan Atkinson character.

yes! that might be it as well......

does AdderXYU care to clarify? I'm all curious now.

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337
sjgilbert4 wrote:relax, internet stud. it's just an opinion on a t-shirt.

The attitude is really getting old, though, to the point that when I notice a design is by AdderXYU, it makes me less likely to want to vote for it.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

I don't necessarily want a "Halloween" shirt but I loved draxxx's illustration just as I loved his Clockwork Orange. It's all a matter of taste. I've been octopus fishing in Greece and seen them turned inside out to kill them. I just am not that fascinated by them and, even though this design is nicely detailed, his head looks like...well, never mind.

Can someone link me to the page with the votes for all designs this derby? Thanks!

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
Jestik wrote:hence the name "Adder" (I'm guessing it relates to the venom produced, llo)

adder is a type of very venomous snake

Jestik

Kilagria wrote:adder is a type of very venomous snake

right.......that's why I made reference to producing venom.

specimenq5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages specimenq5
logicalcooper wrote:The problem with a cuttlefish shirt is that it would be blank. They change color to match their background. Instead, go out and buy a solid color tee and tell your friends you bought a cuttlefish shirt. Same effect.

Touche!

dohcrx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dohcrx

2nd Octo-shirt in less than two weeks and like a sucker i bought them both!

setr99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages setr99

Where can I find a pic of the Trick-or-Treat shirt everyone is hyping up?

WonderPenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WonderPenguin

Im so happy to see you won! Gratz!

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
zsgoodin wrote:Some types of octopus can also change color.

the blue-ringed octopus change color when their in mating season (purple), or mad (yellow).

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
setr99 wrote:Where can I find a pic of the Trick-or-Treat shirt everyone is hyping up?

http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=6124

logicalcooper

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
iris420 wrote:I always picture his name as more of a reference to Black Adder, that saucy Rowan Atkinson character.

Jestik wrote:yes! that might be it as well......

does AdderXYU care to clarify? I'm all curious now.

From speaking with him, I do know that it's related to the show and not the snake.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

This design is gorgeous! Great colors, awesome texture, cool highlights, and really well drawn. Kudos.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee

Does anyone know the demographics of the Shirt Woot population? Cause I thought it was probably mostly around the 30ish age range and I can't see how that many adults wanted the Trick or Treat shirt. Not that it's a bad shirt, but it seems pretty weird so many older people wanted a kiddy shirt. Matter of fact, this goes for pretty much every derby where the more "Walmart/Target kiddie" designs do well. There's the "Threadless cute" which I get, and the "Woot cute" which I don't.

reflection

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reflection

I don't know what all the fuss is, but I loved this shirt. I didn't even realize that it spelled out Octopus until I read the comments here, I just liked the fact that it was a plain old octopus, no fancy stuff, no dumb tagline on the shirt, just an octopus.

This is my first Woot purchase too! That being said though, being a guy I don't think I'd wear this shirt... so I bought it as a gift for a close female friend of mine!

logicalcooper

reflection wrote:I don't know what all the fuss is, but I loved this shirt. I didn't even realize that it spelled out Octopus until I read the comments here, I just liked the fact that it was a plain old octopus, no fancy stuff, no dumb tagline on the shirt, just an octopus.

This is my first Woot purchase too! That being said though, being a guy I don't think I'd wear this shirt... so I bought it as a gift for a close female friend of mine!

I don't see how an octopus channels femininity, but ok. Congrats on your first woot! Lord knows, it won't be your last.

bootlegzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootlegzani

I still can't believe Trick-or-Treat didn't win.

reflection

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reflection
logicalcooper wrote:I don't see how an octopus channels femininity, but ok. Congrats on your first woot! Lord knows, it won't be your last.

Yes, but I'd still feel a bit silly wearing it... just me though! Thanks, been browsing woot for a couple years now and just now got my first purchase.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

Just my two cents.

adder is a well know woot member who cares about what kind of shirts get printed , And I'm glad because it's been a year and some weeks..... and woots shirts are slipping down the road of wal-martism. more and more I see things slip by in the derby , and on dailies that seem unbelievable to me...the map shirt fails to me mind as of last week. and I'm sure they put the placment on the side so not many people would see the phalic design and complain. I'm almost 98% sure of it. any ways read the board and have a chuckle or two and don't take things to personally here . the interweb is made out of false-ities and drama.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

BobDaTemp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobDaTemp

I am outraged! The exit polling clearly showed Trick or Treat the winner by at least 6 points! Were people afraid to say they were against Halloween when the pollsters asked? Damn Bradley Effect!
I demand a recount!
No justice no peace!
<insert more moronic liberal voter fraud platitudes when they lose>
</insert more moronic liberal voter fraud platitudes when they lose>

(just practicing for next month)

drayuh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drayuh

I couldn't tell it said OCTOPUS at first. Then I saw it, and was like, 'oh, okay'. Cool design, and I appreciate the work on it.

However, I was over at a friends when it came out at midnight, and I had to explain how it was 'Art as Text'. I then realized that I wouldn't want to go through explaining why I had an octopus on my chest just sitting there every time I wore it. I get frustrated too easily with stupid people, so I thought I'd pass on this one.

DawnOctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DawnOctopus

Glad I checked in thi slast 20 minutes of Octo - ber 13th. In for one for hubby. He needs more octo wear.

logicalcooper

DawnOctopus wrote:Glad I checked in thi slast 20 minutes of Octo - ber 13th. In for one for hubby. He needs more octo wear.

Ha! Check the pet derby for 3 more (and counting?).

biglflamboyant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biglflamboyant

not a fan of any of these shirts from the derby
octo was ok, to bad i just bought the octo shirt last week

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist

i think this is gorgeous, the bold design, the detailed textures, the stark contrast, and the subtle "text" are quite creative. trick or treat was a great design too, but like others have said, this won't be inappropriate in a month. big congrats on the print, i'm totally buying this as soon as i get paid

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sjgilbert4 wrote:do you even know what it means to troll on a message board? the person you're accusing of doing so is one of the best contributors to the site - both in their postings and their shirts.

relax, internet stud. it's just an opinion on a t-shirt.

I appreciate your support, person-I-do-not-know, but while I've done many shirts I'm proud of, I wouldn't even say I'm one of the best shirt contributors, or even a consistent one. I'm an amateur whose eye is better than his hand. I comment because I wish for the site to improve, but I enter for the fun of creating, and because if a coffee stain can almost place, I firmly believe I could luck out some day as well.

DING DING DING DING

Though really, I'm happy any time people grasp that it's a snake. I'd hate to perpetuate some sort of rumour that I love numbers.