jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

This is really pretty, and I would wear it other times than just Halloween, too. GMV!

kagreeley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kagreeley
Re: You're the BOMB!

i think it's hilarious.

whateva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whateva

It's either hilarious, or I'm terribly disturbed.

jwilke77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwilke77

Still pretty scary...probably the scariest thing out there! ha.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
jackie31337 wrote:I'm also worried about whether this will get disqualified for too much text. Maybe resub it without the text bubble? I think it would still be funny. It's the pinky that puts it over the top.

Nope.

It is blatantly obvious that the text in this design took 5 seconds to make versus the several hours I put into drawing/coloring/rendering the alien, which is the FOCAL POINT. The text only compliments the design. It is not the main idea. Tgentry would calls this "plussing". If you haven't read his help thread, you should. I recommend it to everyone as a starting point.

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

With the right accessories, you could also use this to be a barber's pole.

kolorblindd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolorblindd
Re: My sources say YES

This shirt is pretty awesome. I would buy it.

DavidShenoda

female wrote:The text kind of ruins an otherwise well executed shirt. It's just not that funny and the shirt works well enough without it. Still a good job on the alien.

My vision for this shirt was that the person wearing the shirt could use it as a "conversation starter" (<--- hehe) at a halloween party/celebration. The joke was supposed to be the fact that the alien is the life of the party - drink in hand, telling stories and what not.

I ROFLMAO when I thought of the caption, so there's no way I could sleep at night if I excluded it from the design. I'm sorry you don't like it. Maybe a "male" would enjoy the shirt more. ;)

I've just been waiting for an opportunity to show off my ridiculously long internet abbreviation skills. Check that one off my list.

Thanks to all who have supported me to this point and please spread the word. Maybe this will make it, and I can finally get rid of the "I can't get me first print blues".

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy
bradyson wrote:The hammer is for smashing pumpkins. Good job Blammoed!!!

ahh, I totally see it now, thanks

DavidShenoda

Re: Steampunk Robot

Steam-tacular! Great illustration. How do you make it so clean and crisp? Do you use illustrator to make all your shapes?

DavidShenoda

Re: Steampunk Robot

Steam-tacular! Great illustration. How do you make it so clean and crisp? Do you use illustrator to make all your shapes?

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

Designs like this are why I love Woot so much! Clever!

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: By the Magic of Grayskull

If this is on red, I love it. If it's on cranberry, I hate it!

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: Stars Upon Thars

If you voted for this shirt, please consider also voting for my resubmission with a different detail picture:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23707

DavidShenoda

female wrote:Looks pretty slapdash to me. There's white crusties around a lot of the black lines and a big green square around the whole thing. I'd look to the mountie one as something that was done with artistry. This seems kind of sloppy.

I'm starting to think that this "female" screen name is just an alias created by one of my two arch enemies on woot to legitimize there slanderous haphazardy.

Despite the fact that I really shouldn't have to justify your remarks with a response, I'm in a fun mood, so I'll have a go at them. I also wouldn't want you putting naughty ideas in the heads of my other woot friends.

First off, the crusties are due to the resolution difference between the original design and the 600x600 dimensions that woot allots for the S-Comp. Furthermore, "female", if you had ever attempted making a design you would know about resolution and compression artifacts and how they relate to displaying a design.

Second, the green square is a result of the texture pattern I added "underneath" the design to give it the feel of a rough fabric (i.e. elf boy's tunic). The texture is composed of many very small white marks, so when viewed at a distance they make the whole printable area appear a lighter green. Just google "value recognition with patterning or optical illusion" to find a more detailed explanation of this visual phenomenon.

Thirdly, I love the mounty entry! That's why I voted for it, as you should - and anyone else who thinks canada is the funniest country. Shoot, they gave us Jim Carrey, and you know he's Hella-Funny!

sscibetta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sscibetta

Nice! Wedge would be proud

re: may the force be with me resubmitted

DavidShenoda

joescibetta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joescibetta

I have re-submitted this design. Please vote again for the new design.

Re: may the force be with me

DavidShenoda

aerodino wrote:Thanks for leaving the upper shadow in! That's the thing I really need - something magnifying my girls

HAHAHAHAHA! No you didn't just say that. More power to you. Cheers, to being comfortable with your body image!

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
DavidShenoda wrote:Tgentry would calls this "plussing". If you haven't read his help thread, you should. I recommend it to everyone as a starting point.

Link plz

[/url]

pavels07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pavels07

It's been Done:
http://www.terrortshirt.com/

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: Marathon Spectator

I really doubt this text is going to qualify as incidental.

florarin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages florarin
Re: Thriller Dancer

COOL ! ! ! ! ! ! I like it!

yankeebird

Re: Stars Upon Thars...

Why did you resubmit this? You submitted the exact same shirt 12 hours before this one. You're probably splitting your votes.

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
yankeebird wrote:Why did you resubmit this? You submitted the exact same shirt 12 hours before this one. You're probably splitting your votes.

I'm sure you're right. I decided a detail image showing a Sneetch would get more clicks (and votes.) I wish I could close the first one and transfer the votes to this one! Anyway, I'm hoping voters will vote for this one!

kuwert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuwert
Re: Snowman

I need this. D:

sscibetta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sscibetta

murenrb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murenrb
Re: Using blatent copyright infringment seems to work!

Ok, is anyone else sick of how dumb designs about zelda and starwars always get more votes then original designs? I know I am. So to point out how male people are, I spent a few minutes putting together this beauty!

http://http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/murenrb/Mutant_proposal-3covtc-d.jpg[/img" src="[/quote]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/murenrb/Become_a_dinorawr!-kv7vz8-d.jpgg" border="0" />[/quote]

murenrb

Ok, is anyone else sick of how dumb designs about zelda and starwars always get more votes then original designs? I know I am. So to point out how male people are, I spent a few minutes putting together this beauty!

[/quote]

dickbead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dickbead
Re: Dear John/Jane,

I originally conceived this "costume" as someone who's heartbroken...had their "heart
ripped out". Then I almost yanked it thinking, "this is hardly a costume" and "it doesn't really translate that well". But then I looked at it again, and left it up for the pure and simple reason that I would totally wear it. year 'round.

josmul123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages josmul123
Re: BE THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great idea for a costume as a shirt. However, woot's shirt printing requirements force this one to be executed poorly.

The thatching on the shirt to make it look like a burlap material would be great if the entire shirt could be printed with it and/or the shirt itself could be patterned as such. The fact that it stops as a rectangle is not ideal, and I think it would look like someone printed it onto a t-shirt transfer and ironed it onto a shirt, even if professionally printed by Woot. I think the shirt would be better without them.

This is also a design that needs to be printed to the edges of the shirt and/or printed on the shoulder of the shirt to pull it off correctly. The belt should go to the edges of the shirt, and the shoulder storage packs should go over the shoulder to the seam, but they can't be printed like that under current derby requirements.

The fact that the shirts already have collars on them makes the second collar look out-of-place. My fear with this (and everything else I've mentioned) is that the person wearing the shirt would look like they're wearing a shirt that's made out of a shirt that's made for a smaller person. The belt won't line up to peoples' belt lines (because the shirt is too short), the collar will be too low (because it has to be printed there), and the shoulder satchels will just look wrong.

I love the design, but I just think it's trying to put a square peg into a round hole. Unless Woot is willing to print this one to the seams/over the shoulder, I'd pass on it, though.

TychPsych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TychPsych

josmul123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages josmul123

I llo'd
then tattled

Nice reference to the other shirts, though. A+

murenrb

Hey everyone, sick of male zelda/starwars/NES ideas getting more votes than original ideas? Yeah, me too. I am not saying my shirts are worth voting for. I don't think I would vote for them. I am saying: at least I thought of them and did not piggy-back off of someones work. Oh the shirts int he fog today half are blatantly copying from other ideas. That is shameful!!!!!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
theinfinityloop wrote:This is such a clever idea. I love how it's a pun. Really good job, Jaden!

Thanks loop!!!

murenrb

josmul123 wrote:I llo'd
then tattled

Nice reference to the other shirts, though. A+

Tattled on what, they all stole there ideas from copyrighted things anyway. I did not steal the idea of zelda from what's his name, I stole it from the classic videogame just like everyone else! Please ban this shirt and all the other stupid zelda/superman/starwars/alien shirts!!!!!!!!!

yankeebird

eharmon wrote:I'm sure you're right. I decided a detail image showing a Sneetch would get more clicks (and votes.) I wish I could close the first one and transfer the votes to this one! Anyway, I'm hoping voters will vote for this one!

You submitted the first one less than 24 hours ago, so you should be able to delete it. There should be an "X" up in the top right by the "tattle" button.

joescibetta

I think your right, I re-submitted the design. its a little cleaner.

muellemc wrote:Is the print actually going to be able to extend up to the shoulders and to the sides?

joescibetta

Hey thanks. I re-submitted a new one at a higher res.

cak3 wrote:awesome shirt, GMV. picture could use some anti-aliasing, though (or higher res.)

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson