StewieGilligan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StewieGilligan
Re: *giggles*, I don't get it..?

I got it... here:
http://www.glarkware.com/productcart/pc/catalog/main-boobies.jpg

StewieGilligan

Re: Electric Slide Instructional Dance Pad

Ooh this looks fun!!! Can I dance? Stewie wants a turn!!!
Stewie likes!!!

StewieGilligan

Re: Human Black Hole

I'm confused... What does this have to do with Cleveland?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
bitz wrote:Thanks for pointing that out, this is my first entry (well technically second, I had originally submitted this as a simple vector work) so I was bound to get something wrong. I really don't think it matters anyway, mine is nowhere near as good as some of the ones on here, so it is really unlikely that I would make it into the top ten. I was just happy to enter the derby, it was fun making this too, expect to see me here with a submission every week now.

I just thought you ought to know before you DO have a chance and they tell you it can't be printed. That very nearly happened to me with my Halloween shirt last year because I had too fine of detail. I finally got them a print file that they could print, so it worked. They eventually clarified their technical lower limit quite a bit after that derby. Like most of their decisions, it isn't systematically stated anywhere, so there's no way for you to know from woot. Somewhere Derek FIlley has posted an unofficial rules of the derby thread, though I couldn't find it anywhere a few days ago when I was trying to find it. Maybe someone else can bump it up or post a link?

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

shoultdnt the placement be lower?

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister

shouln't the placement be lower?

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

bitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz
Josephus wrote:I just thought you ought to know before you DO have a chance and they tell you it can't be printed. That very nearly happened to me with my Halloween shirt last year because I had too fine of detail. I finally got them a print file that they could print, so it worked. They eventually clarified their technical lower limit quite a bit after that derby. Like most of their decisions, it isn't systematically stated anywhere, so there's no way for you to know from woot. Somewhere Derek FIlley has posted an unofficial rules of the derby thread, though I couldn't find it anywhere a few days ago when I was trying to find it. Maybe someone else can bump it up or post a link?

Thanks for the info, I had read (most of) the unofficial rules, but missed a few things. Anyway this has been really fun so far, I was actually in a creative slump, and the derby is just what I needed to give me a kick start, now I have something else to do when I'm parked in front of the computer during Woot offs! Thanks again.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Fish As Costume

Sorry, I have been neglecting my muse... goldfish. And although it's so late, I thought it was cool...

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
Re: BE THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, thought I'd add my .02 to this debate. I have no clue about the character/game this is based on. But because there are plenty of others who do recognize this, I think that the choice to use this design is legit. The point of a Halloween costume is to represent something recognizable. Whether this is "creative" is up to the viewer.
Yes, the allowable print area does cause this design (and many others) to fall short in the realism dept., but that's also one of the drawbacks of wearing a t-shirt as a costume.
The one artistic critique I have is that although the green texture is present to add to the look of the costume, I do feel like it falls short due to it filling the entire available print area. If it had been used in key detail areas, such as the pocket, around the collar, and other random highlight regions I feel like it would be more effective and a positive addition to the design. As it is, from a distance it does take on the look of an iron-on, which is too bad.
I have no particular ties to this designer. But I do have an interest in seeing honest & civil critique. Like Fablefire, a lot of the comments here make me sad. I know it's just words, but I believe words lead into actions. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. I believe that also. Though I don't presume to call myself a "good (wo)man" I do my best. Hence these comments.

Glad to get that off my chest, thanks for listening. :o)

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67
jackie31337 wrote:You see the irony in your comment, right?

Yep

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

StewieGilligan

Re: I Wanna Be a Lego!

I'm confused as to why this is doing so much better than the tetris pieces...

rachel1aaron

Re: Wanted in the Woods

I agree with the comments above - really nice illustration of Robin Hood! I think the cast shadow for the arrow & brown for the shirt would be good changes too. This is one of the few shirts I'd wear, even if it stays on asphalt. But I'd re-vote & buy it on brown! Nice work!

Shiba Ogami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiba Ogami
rodmoreh wrote:Incredibly unoriginal...ive seen shirts like this everywhere. Ive even made a parody version of it with some friends

It's not trying to be original, it's trying to be a cool shirt to wear on Halloween, or any other day.

murenrb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages murenrb
Re: Wall Flower

Really cute! I actually like the lack of color, it makes the flowers POP!

Maximillian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maximillian
Re: Killer Splatter (re-resub)

It wasn't *too* painful... I promise.

78LAYERS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 78LAYERS
StewieGilligan wrote:I like the overalls, but horizontal stripes make me look pudgy

That' s why the shirt comes with a knife. People will think twice about commenting on your weight. "That shirt makes you look fat" will be much less likely to come up in conversation thanks to the addition of this handy metallic accessory.

tself87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tself87
BootsBoots wrote:I love the idea. Too bad woot can't print to the seams. That kind of ruins it. Good idea, though.

Which seems am I too close to?

rachel1aaron

Re: Bird Bath

Wow, this IS pretty! Don't know why it's not doing better :o( I'd wear this any time, not just Halloween. I like the colors you chose, and love the little bird! GMV

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

funny and well done. I like the hand written text. Good luck, gmv!

rglee129

Re: Steampunk Robot

Cool! Very well done, I hope it gets more votes (got mine!)

rglee129

Re: By the Magic of Grayskull

this is the only entry which makes me laugh out loud, and that I would potentially buy. Well done adder. perhaps you should sub under another name if it's an awesome design like this or the koi circling japan one. Well, gmv, at least.

rglee129

Re: Mano, Hand of Fate

turned out great- well done design. I like the brave choice on orange, too. GMV

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I'm pleasantly surprised to find this in the fog! I thought this derby would not be that great, but now there are two in the fog that I feel like I can't live without. Nice Job! The text is hilarious. I also wish the alien had a cigarette in his other hand, but I'm sure he's probably a health nut.

Carpe shirtem!

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

I wish the screen had Tetris blocks on it.

eharmon

Re: Killer Splatter (re-resub)

Cool shirt. Perfect for Halloween!

eharmon

Re: I am a Confused Turtle

Such a great idea. It really is a shame you can't print on the back, though.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: BE THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a Zelda fan, I love this shirt. Yeah, video game shirts are my weakness...call it a guilty pleasure.

So...I like the shirt, I voted for it...however, I do think it would be better without the texture. I get what you are going for, but since it can't cover the whole shirt, I think it would just be better without it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Maximillian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maximillian
StewieGilligan wrote:I'm confused as to why this is doing so much better than the tetris pieces...

Because have 4 shirts that all play on the same idea divide their votes.

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
fablefire wrote:Well, originally I had a High Elf Wizard on crimson, and then the pally on blue. Didn't really want to make them game-specific for copyright issues.

I could do a shaman for Horde I guess.

Must have been awhile since you've last played. The horde have blood elf pallies.

I swear I'm not a mega nerd (Tho I went to Blizzcon this year)

[/url]

Keelmy

Re: Measure Up

You must be this tall to get on this ride ;)

[/url]

kathnich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathnich
Re: terrifyphone

This is the only one so far that I'd pay the 5 bucks extra to have on Halloween.

Keelmy

vertigosia wrote:I think it's lacking in votes because it doesn't have that sense of.. surprise, irony, or humor that all the other shirts seem to have. I do really love the design and I think the execution is pretty much flawless.

Work on my irony, check!

That's a pretty good point actually. There's a few good shirts in this derby to draw inspiration from but even tho I had plenty of time this weekend, I keep drawing a blank (no pun intended).

At this point I'm just looking forward to the next derby.

[/url]

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eharmon wrote:Such a great idea. It really is a shame you can't print on the back, though.

but you can print on the back. or the front, just not both.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Josephus wrote:but you can print on the back. or the front, just not both.

Right & the artist chose to be different with the confused title. Way to think out of the box (turtle.)
=)

tself87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tself87

Who wouldn't want to be an olive in a martini glass?

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
iris420 wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised to find this in the fog! I thought this derby would not be that great, but now there are two in the fog that I feel like I can't live without. Nice Job! The text is hilarious. I also wish the alien had a cigarette in his other hand, but I'm sure he's probably a health nut.

That's a BIG no-no at my house. My wife is a nutritionist, so I should probably point out that he's drinking green tea and not coffee. Or maybe it's blood. It is red you know.

Tirann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tirann
Re: You Can Be Windows!

The Blue Screen of Death makes for a great Halloween costume. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot, or any key to continue. Click here for detailed image.

StewieGilligan

Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

Stewie likes!!!

StewieGilligan

Re: Joe The Plumber

Ooh, plumbers are so macho!!!

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
Re: You Can Be Windows!

sweet!