iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

hehe... too soon? ;)

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
blammoed wrote:Yeah I agree those bumps look great. This would be a hilarious costume.

thanks! glad to see the pirate costume taking off! good luck with it, it turned out great!

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
Kilagria wrote:I wanted to go so bad! How was your trip?

So much fun, I recommend doing it once in your life. I got my picture taken with so many WoW celebs

fablefire wrote:Actually I've been playing pretty solid since open beta, and am ready for WotLK. I'm just not a believer in the class swap. Pallies should remain on Alliance. Shaman should remain on Horde. ;)

I did end up lvling a BE pally though. Couldn't help it. They're just so OP. D:

Your nerd credentials check.

Undead Rogue 70, Human Mage 70 NE Druid 70, in beta and Nov 13th can't come soon enough :D I hate to admit this but I know it will mess with my submission capabilities heh.

[/url]

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
rachel1aaron wrote:My favorite parts of this are the texture and the faint shadows on the stitching. Nice touch! Was this done in Illustrator too? The file must have been huge! Will be sending you a pm about Toe's Tees. :o)

thanks! the file is 2.1 megs, which is one of the reasons i like it over photoshop.

got the PM and replied.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
BootsBoots wrote:"Manos, The Hands of Fate" is a really good horrible movie from the '60s. They did it on MST3K once. It's also what the woot filter writes when you try to type s***.
The design really has nothing to do with the movie or anything. I just couldn't think of a title other than "Big-Ass Hand!" Jestik suggested the "Manos" one. "Manos" means "hands" so I switched it to "Mano" ...cause there's only one. One Big-Ass hand.

So glad someone else asked. Thought it was some obscure reference from R&M's Laugh-In.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

Nice job DS, and congrats on fogging. Every time I see that alien popping out casting a shadow on the shirt I think "Uh oh, four more weeks of winter!"

Kamaiya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kamaiya

eh...

badTchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badTchap
Re: Skate or fly

LOVE IT!

badTchap

Re: Three Hole Punch You

Wasn't this supposed to be a joke? Your joke got a lot of votes

kjdal88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjdal88
ack154 wrote:As I said two or three derbies ago... it doesn't matter what "idea" you use... whether it has been used before or not. It is what you DO with it that makes it a good shirt or not. If something is copyrighted and not usable... they'll reject it. If it's copyrighted, but parodied enough to avoid lawsuits, they'll leave it.

I realize this is a joke and all.. but dude... really... grow up.

Well said. Also people need to realize these derbies aren't competitions for who can make the most original shirt that nobody has seen anything like before, is a competition for the shirt that people are most likely to wear, and I hate to break it to you but people like shirts with references to their favorite characters and movies and such. Don't get all immature and pissy because people like nintendo or superman better than your idea. Its just how things work. Its also why officially licensed video game tshirts are sold in store and your "original idea" shirts aren't.

badTchap

Re: Electric Slide Instructional Dance Pad

I laughed and then votes for this. I like a shirt that makes me smile. The only negative is the way it stuck the song in my head. It's electric! Oh nooooo...

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
Re: Using blatent copyright infringment seems to work!

So I've never played zelda in my life..ever.. I know i know. but I've actually found almost all of these shirts so far pretty cute, quite funny AND this seems to be a refreshing derby design-wise. maybe not idea wise but at least the actual prints.

the point i was getting at was. I don't know much about zelda at all, but i still like that shirt. the graphic design is good quality.

the design quality of your shirt is pretty... well... you know ...not that good. sorry. i mean, i know the point you were trying to get across but it seems that you definetly have some talent. use it to make a really nice shirt instead of taking time to jab at someone else with a poorly done design.

That leads me to agree with woot. dont be a jerkface man, just have fun and play the game. I don't like to support mean intentions.

i do think that your shirt could be funny in the terms of like a "supernerd" concept. or like a "comic con" goer. Thats cute.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
blammoed wrote:And now someone DOES need to do a ninja shirt, don't they? Volunteer, bradyson? ;D

It would just be a black shirt, wouldn't it?

Seriously though - ninjas don't wear clothes. They have honed themselves to the absolute pinnacle of physical power so it's not as if they need clothing for protection from the elements. Modesty isn't an issue either - they are never seen. A real ninja wraps himself/herself in the cloak of darkness and nothing else. Not even socks. For serious.

Blam - great design. I especially dig the the shine on the gold parts.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kramertron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kramertron

Man, there are lots of great entries this week.

Considering this was my actual Halloween costume two years ago I'd love it if this shirt were printed.

elpepe

quality posts: 13 Private Messages elpepe
jackie31337 wrote:The eyes are gonna look a little odd on a female....

I find it a tad ridiculous that this is rejected for being Woot-related. Does Woot make Leakfrog? I was under the impression that an independent company made the Leakfrog. Are any/all products that Woot has ever sold now ineligible for use in the Derby? I guess you can say goodbye to any designs with MP3 players or computers in them.

briskbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briskbot
Re: Organ Donor

totally getting my vote

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy
Re: Be the Strawberry

thanks

MostBestestBuddy

Re: Stir Crazy

thanks for the compliments

MostBestestBuddy

Re: You. Are. A pirate!

nice, top of the hotness, congrats and may your shirt continue its climb

Keelmy

Re: Tony Stark

Very clever idea.

I hope you don't mind if I offer my humble suggestions. I really like the amount of detail you've added to the arc reactor. Check out this pic:

See how you don't really see the details so much as you do the glow? Would be great to also toss this on a darker T to really make the glow pop (I noticed that today's woot also offers glow in the dark ink). Would be great to also see a bit of the lumping the arc reactor is causing to the shirt like in the above pic.

Check out this entry: Preggers!!
In case that last part wasn't clear.

Of course you could put this on a cream shirt and have this be Tony Stark bare chested Shame it's such a late entry too, it really is great idea.

[/url]

Keelmy

Re: Tony Stark

My apologies. For some reason the link is going to the wrong spot.

Try: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23520

[/url]

antsyashley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antsyashley
Re: After Reviewing the Play...

I bet it would be better on black....

Keelmy

Re: Fe Man

I believe this isn't incidental text. Check out the rejected superman shirts.

[/url]

Xebby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xebby
Re: LEAK FROG!!

I would be kinda awesome to see an all Woot related derby. Wonder if that would ever happen (or has and I just didn't know about it)

GrandpaStu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrandpaStu
Re: You. Are. A pirate!

mmmmm pirates for the win! gmv.

Bhennain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bhennain
Re: Fe Man

not to mention resub from the elements derby.

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337
blammoed wrote:Thanks a lot for the nice comments everyone. I had a lot of fun making this one, and having you are a pirate stuck in my head ALL day.

You've also GMV, but argh! Now I have that song stuck in my head too.

benalpha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benalpha
spartanerik wrote:If this doesn't make it to the fog of war, please sell this somewhere else and post links!

Thanks for the comments and the votes guys. I really appreciate it!

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
samonasc wrote:if only u had the message without the computer screen. wudda looked 10 times better.

there was one much like that about a year ago... i think it was called Sugar BSOD

talbotini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talbotini
Keelmy wrote:My apologies. For some reason the link is going to the wrong spot.

Try: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23520

thanks for the suggestion. I considered doing the under the shirt style, but if you watch the movie there are some parts where he wears a shirt over it, and there are some where he has it coming through the shirt. I thought it would be cooler to see the detail. One part in particular he is wearing a gray t-shirt like this one.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
aradicallynewnerd wrote:Hilarious!

That being said, I'll probably buy the Game Boy shirt. Note to self: blatantly pander to nerd nostalgia next entry.

I wouldn't buy it , but I like what you said after it. I wouldn't mind making a grand from some kids on here.
I'm way too old to be here anyways.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
msj11 wrote:It's GRRRRRRRREAT!

Brilliant! I would so wear this! GMV

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Re: terrifyphone

GMV

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
Re: Using blatent copyright infringment seems to work!

LMFAO Obviously it was to make a point not be a serious shirt anyways funny way to do it, I got a good laugh.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
joescibetta wrote:hey it was my idea to copy starwars first.

Hey i guess great minds think alike.
and anyway, from what i've seen so far i haven't spotted any darth vader shirts.
If you have a problem please gimme some feedback i can use cos i'm only starting out.

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

Xanzibar

Re: I am SAUCED!

Nice shirt dude!! GMV!!

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Escher A Sketch

Hey, it's still an awesome shirt. Not sure about the t-shirt colour but i like the idea.

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Steampunk Robot

Awesome!! I'd buy it in a minute!! GMV!!

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Stab Jacket

Another one i came up with randomly. Looks a bit blurry unfortunately but i'll try and fix that somehow. Comments and Votes are welcome!!

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: patience, intelligence, and speed

Sorry but this is going to get rejected because it's way out of the printable area.
Better luck next time.

What is this?