DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
eharmon wrote:Why not resubmit without the text?

Also, this would be a great time to add the cigarette he NEEDS to the other hand.

Thanks, but It would be pointless this late in the game. If woot had rejected it early enough for me to still have a shot, then I would, but apparently they like smashing people's dreams of winning t-shirt contests, as well as, screwing them over by not giving them a fair amount of time to resubmit.

There really should be a time limit for how long after submission a design can still be rejected.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
DavidShenoda wrote:Thanks, but It would be pointless this late in the game. If woot had rejected it early enough for me to still have a shot, then I would, but apparently they like smashing people's dreams of winning t-shirt contests, as well as, screwing them over by not giving them a fair amount of time to resubmit.

There really should be a time limit for how long after submission a design can still be rejected.

Actually, before rejecting something from the fog, the rejectionator calls a meeting of the woot staff. Since your design fogged over the weekend, they couldn't hold a meeting until Monday.

sqwidd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sqwidd
tself87 wrote:Constructive criticism:

Woot will not be able to print that close to the seams. Make sure the design is within 1" from the seams and collar.

This just needs a little work and it'll be a great idea. Good Luck.

Thanks. I was just dinking around in paint..thought it would be a funny shirt. I honestly have no skills in making pictures...thus Paint. llo

instantkarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantkarma

Wow. I wasn't going to vote for any of the shirts in this derby until I saw this one. I love it, love it, love it...hopefully it makes it. ^^

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
ansharp wrote:Actually, before rejecting something from the fog, the rejectionator calls a meeting of the woot staff. Since your design fogged over the weekend, they couldn't hold a meeting until Monday.

Thank you ann, but pretty much irrelevant at this point.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
DavidShenoda wrote:Thank you ann, but pretty much irrelevant at this point.

I don't think it's irrelevant at any point. I thought it was something you should know before you start accusing woot of "screwing you over". In fact, they have a judicious process in place to deal with fogged entries. At least they got to it on Monday. Other entries have been rejected from the fog as late as Tuesday afternoon and with much more controversial rejection reasons.

Also, it's not Ann.

koopadaisy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy
Re: Devil Inside

The detail on your work is really wonderful. Good stuff.

vertigosia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vertigosia
Re: You. Are. A pirate!

I admit, when I saw this one, I feared for my entry's life. Now that it's been up for a while, I see I was right to.

It's a great design. It deserves to do well. It's making me anxious how great this deisgn is. ;)

Best of luck.

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
DavidShenoda wrote:Quote from WOOT's own rules "Text is ok as long as it's part of a larger design"
Well W T F do you think the rest of the shirt is?!
Not to mention you wait till the 4th day of voting to reject it. It's not like it was down out the bottom somewhere. Seems pretty obvious to me!

Take it back woot, or at least let it be a daily. I swear I'm done with you if you won't.

Hey man im sorry your shirt got rejected, i was looking forward to buying it! But please dont leave woot just because they rejected it! You make great shirts and im sure you'd win next weeks derby if you try really hard!

damnedreality

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damnedreality
Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

Well this stinks, this was one of the only shirts I really wanted from this derby.

madfrisbee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages madfrisbee
Re: UniPWNed

I just don't quite see how this is a costume...

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
ansharp wrote:Actually, before rejecting something from the fog, the rejectionator calls a meeting of the woot staff. Since your design fogged over the weekend, they couldn't hold a meeting until Monday.

I didn't know that. I think it's a good idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Hoffpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hoffpa

I really want this shirt but won't we not get any of these designs in time for Halloween unless you do express shipping? I don't know if i would want to spend 15 bucks on a shirt i prob won't wear unless Halloween

soupist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupist

Awww! This is the one shirt in the fog I would have bought for sure, which means it would have come in 4th anyway. Sorry David. I have only been voting in derbies for a short time, and I have been a fan of yours since tiger/dragon.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Definitely much more along the lines I was expecting when this derby started. The only shirt I'd buy this week.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

He's no good to me dead.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

who is this 'vertigosa'? never seen her designs before this derby.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Air Guitar Amp!

How'd you do the texture? It looks really good.

Shoppingdingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shoppingdingo
DavidShenoda wrote:Thanks to all the cool people who have voted for me and supported on woot up to now. You guys are awesome, and please feel free to stop by threadless or dbh to vote for my past designs, alien included. I don't want to hassle with woot's ridiculous inconsistent restrictions.

And to all the haters, congrats on being such mean people.

If you dont want to hassle.. should we assume youve asked to have this shirt removed from the competition too?

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
byrbwr wrote:who is this 'vertigosa'? never seen her designs before this derby.

first showing in the emergency derby and 18 total entries including this one.

oh and a best loser award in autumn.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: Caring Bear

Thanks for your votes and positive feedback everyone!

Here is a larger image of the design:

SailorButterfly

Hoffpa wrote:I really want this shirt but won't we not get any of these designs in time for Halloween unless you do express shipping? I don't know if i would want to spend 15 bucks on a shirt i prob won't wear unless Halloween

You might get it by Halloween, but there's a good chance you won't unless you pay for overnight shipping. I know my shirts take 2 weeks to get to me, and I don't live very far from Texas. >.<

I want this shirt for everyday wear, not necessarily for Halloween...so I'll personally be cool with saving the $5 and letting it crawl its way to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SailorButterfly

Re: By the Magic of Grayskull

Will you put this in your shop once the 60 days are up? If I can find a cranberry skirt to wear with it, I'd really like to get the shirt and make a cute little costume for a sci-fi convention next year.

Ubb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ubb
ChronoSquall14 wrote:Definitely much more along the lines I was expecting when this derby started. The only shirt I'd buy this week.

Me too. I wasn't going to buy a shirt but if this won, I don't think I could resist it.

Shigwarm

Re: Electronic Memory Game Costume

Wow! I actually can't believe how cool of a shirt this makes!

Shigwarm

Re: Voodoo Doll

Nice, I particularly like the sketchy-style background.

12sunflowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 12sunflowers
Re: I have a long neck I am a giraffe!

*sigh* another giraffe shirt that probably won't win- oh well, i'd buy it!

Shigwarm

yankeebird wrote:Woot can't print all the way up to the collar.

Regardless, this shirt design is flippin' sweet.

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Xanzibar wrote:Love the idea though i think it may be better on a brown shirt !! But anyway GMV!!

I agree on the brown shirt suggestion. Still, a cool idea.

Jenna9797

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jenna9797

Got My Vote! I just wish it was a long-sleeved shirt so there could be silk-screened "cuffs" with more of those buttons! And more lace, too!

Jenna

Shigwarm

Re: Go as the Floor of a Movie Theater

Very clever! Nice use of color and splattering.

moviewatcher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moviewatcher
andrewlb wrote:Ok so I have a question, and colourless don't take this personally.

Why does this design have 100'ish votes vs. my design http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23677 that has only 30'ish

Woot community help me out, I want to know what appeal this has over my design, and no, I'm not saying mine is better

Color may play a part, the blacklight purple coloration isn't standard and that in itself has some appeal. I personally like things that are a bit off kilter, but I like symmetry quite a bit too. Whether you agree with the theory or not, perhaps this design more closely following the golden ratio than your design makes it more appealing. I like both designs, but I think I'd end up buying this one first.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007

Re you going to re-sub?

~D

vertigosia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vertigosia
Re: Congratulations, it's a Marsupial.

Indeed. I got an HM for the Cold Shoulder in the dessert derby and an HM in the Movies Reinterpreted derby for Be Kind, Rewind. And one for Best Losers for an Autumn entry.

I am pretty humbled I'm fogging right now. Thanks a lot, guys.

peppersagooddog

andrewlb wrote:Ok so I have a question, and colourless don't take this personally.

Why does this design have 100'ish votes vs. my design http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23677 that has only 30'ish

Woot community help me out, I want to know what appeal this has over my design, and no, I'm not saying mine is better

just to play devil's advocate, as i tend to do...
i like yours better cause the jaggedness and "off" sizes, along with the wonderful little candle detail make it "scarier"
this one in the purple is vastly tamer IMO and though not unappealing, is more something i would put on my daughter than myself.
i think its just generally easier on the eyes, which is nice in its own way, but very unhalloweenish. is that a word?

jschway901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jschway901
Re: Twister!

Hmm this could get you into some trouble...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
SailorButterfly wrote:Will you put this in your shop once the 60 days are up? If I can find a cranberry skirt to wear with it, I'd really like to get the shirt and make a cute little costume for a sci-fi convention next year.

I could always put it up right this second, since woot doesn't seem very concerned about people breaking their contracts, but the honorable side of me says that I'll put it up in the new year. I'll even make it available in, like, 6X, so it can make a real cloak ;)

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

do what you want cause a pirate is free!

peppersagooddog

vertigosia wrote:Indeed. I got an HM for the Cold Shoulder in the dessert derby and an HM in the Movies Reinterpreted derby for Be Kind, Rewind. And one for Best Losers for an Autumn entry.

I am pretty humbled I'm fogging right now. Thanks a lot, guys.

this is right where it ought to be
the style of this being so very like ernest shepard's makes it just right for a roo ;)

popcorndog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popcorndog
EPMailman wrote:Nice bat

ha! I like this one!