vertigosia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vertigosia
Re: Please be careful; I'm fragile.

They definitely aren't clip art, but it'd look dumb if it didn't look like a real symbol. ;)

digitalmindy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages digitalmindy
bigbadbrad1212 wrote:This is the worst shirt ive ever seen and whoever voted for it should be ashamed

You have obviously never watched The Office.

namelessmonk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namelessmonk
wcsae wrote:Blah, not only has this design been done before by another t-shrit site, but I doesn't even look like you actually created this yourself. It looks like a cut and paste job to me.

The mouth on the front was, everything else wasn't.

namelessmonk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages namelessmonk
Re: Dare to scare?

And I am sorry I didn't check every single t-shirt in existence before posting my idea. I will get to work on that next time.

cls31s

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cls31s
Re: terrifyphone

GREAT USAGE OF COLOR!...wow

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
cls31s wrote:GREAT USAGE OF COLOR!...wow

you know i have to admit i hadnt even looked at this until this comment because i am rather un-thrilled with the calendar approach to shirts... for instance the one still for sale this tuesday, many tuesdays after i thought it should not be there ;)
but anyway, i am gonna have to agree this is a very good use of color. it doesnt even remotely feel redundant like these tend to.
in conclusion:
good job and good luck

(oh hey not attacking haxrox in any way here people so get off it. i dont like that other design and me saying so isnt messing up his sales now is it? so dont even bother complaining about it cause he can justifiably laugh at me with his thousands he has made off that thing now cant he?) oh and hax? :P

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: Jack O' the Lantern Cold 'n Blue

I can't find the jack 'o lantern?

I'm only human

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83
andrewlb wrote:I can't find the jack 'o lantern?

The face is the Jack o' Lantern. It's like when you take a picture of a lit one, you only see the cut-out area, not the pumpkin itself. Inside the mouth is a candle. Check out the first one I did in orange, maybe then it will make more sense. http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23633

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154
ack154 wrote:

Whoops... forgot to actually say something...

Anyway, not only has the Joe's plumbing thing been done already (getting old, real fast), but this will likely not be considered incidental text.

woots: 36
shirts: 25
sellouts: 4
sports: 2

ack154

SydneyB wrote:I wouldn't wear this - I don't think a lot of women will - but I most certainly VOTED for this because it REALLY follows the theme of Shirt-as-a-costume. IMMEDIATELY you know who / what this is supposed to be. It is very very well done.

See, there's something I haven't figured out about the Derbies (and I'm just using you as an example)... doesn't the button say "I'd want one"? As in, you'd buy it an wear it? Not "i think this is a great design but i wouldn't actually make the purchase"?

lorceie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lorceie
blammoed wrote:Thanks a lot for the nice comments everyone. I had a lot of fun making this one, and having you are a pirate stuck in my head ALL day.

And now someone DOES need to do a ninja shirt, don't they? Volunteer, bradyson? ;D

I believe you'll appreciate this particular youtubeness: The Captain's Wife's Lament. I almost expected this to be your link!

I would totally buy one of these just so I could give it to my ex boyfriend to wear!

tervel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tervel

It has my vote!

there is no spoon.

UnarmedBandit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UnarmedBandit

I want.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Yabba Dabba Doo!

Thanks for all of the votes everyone. I did a little research to see if there was one already, but I only found official full length costumes. Just goes to show how hard it is to come up with something completely original.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
kriscad wrote:Great Design! THis should be in the top 3

Aww, thanks. Shucks.

ack154

eHalcyon wrote:Originally I would have considered the text bubble NOT to be incidental text, but Woot let it go before. Just one more inconsistent wrench thrown into the derby rules, I guess.

David, you could have resubmitted it wthout the speech bubble and still had a shot. Monday entries have won plenty of times before, especially fixed resubs of rejected entries.

And yeah... I don't think Woot is out to get you. You're not the first to be rejected from the fog. Derek for one has had it happen to him plenty.

If you read the rules for the Derby you pointed to, they're slightly different than just "no incidental text" ...

incidental text is allowed as part of an illustration, but no slogan shirts

Sounds a little more forgiving to me. And what you're pointing to seems to be allowed as it's no slogan and is part of the illustration. Just my opinion though...

Sean2625

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sean2625
Re: Shirt Kebab

Cool Shirt

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
davidszcz wrote:Awesome shirt, but the slide's done wrong on the shirt. It's actually a 22 step dance.

http://the-electricslidedance.com/id3.html

You're probably right. I googled it and there were a lot of different versions, so I just went with the one that I knew. I might have left out one of the step touches when you're rocking back and forth

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
Re: Wallflower Revealed

I really dig the pattern, it all came out really well. Kudos!

[/url]

hedwigvdb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hedwigvdb
Re: You. Are. A pirate!

Now I know I am going to dress up as a Pirate this Halloween!

SolidAsSnake

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SolidAsSnake

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
mjc613 wrote:Aren't shirts with bar codes available already?

technically, isn't a barcode text?

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
SydneyB wrote:This is hysterical and very well done! I LOVE the stitching!

Sure, it is a short lived "joke" (commentary), but people buy political Tees and Bumper Stickers all the time, and those are certainly "dated" materials. And heck, this is only $10, not out of line at all for that type of thing.

Definitely GMV

Thanks SydneyB!!! I am glad you get it!
I appreciate the kind comments and everyone who voted.

wreckoning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wreckoning
Re: Yabba Dabba Doo!

Holy carp, I think there's some awesome submissions this derby, but this is the one that I would most likely buy. Mainly because I don't have any orange shirts yet, and because Fred Flintstone's a beast.

Vote for it people!

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Andy47240 wrote:Thanks for all of the votes everyone. I did a little research to see if there was one already, but I only found official full length costumes. Just goes to show how hard it is to come up with something completely original.

Yours is still waaaay better. That other one is a Yabba Dabba Don't. Good job on yours.

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon

Great, great shirt. I hope I can buy it.

JAGBeaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JAGBeaver

Nice! Welcome to the Brotherhood!

ratfink7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratfink7

So this is pointless now, being rejected and all, but would superman really sweat?

payton1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages payton1

I can't believe this hasn't been voter in the top 3. LOVE IT!!

Kevin P. Heraty

fgarriel1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fgarriel1
Re: Congratulations, it's a Marsupial.

My wife is 4 months pregnant. I'd definitely buy this shirt for her!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

Ouch, sorry man Never feels good having this happen. Just keep going. Your next one might fog too, you never know.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

I remember when pirates were cool. Before that miserable Johnny Depp came along.

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: Rorschach Test

Cool idea. Not something i'd personally wear, but an cleverly done shirt nonetheless. GMV!!

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

StillVictorious

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StillVictorious
Re: Human Black Hole

Don't worry about the haters, dude. I really love your work and the humor and originality you bring to your shirts is admirable.

Xanzibar

Re: Lemonade Stand Worker Costume (make a Pucker)

Yay for lemons!!! Definitely GMV!! Hope it goes further!!

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Mr. Input

Interesting design.

What is this?

Xanzibar

Re: Hands!

Very Very Clever!! I do agree it would look a bit better with a green Shirt to make it seem more Zombie like or something but it's still GMV!

What is this?

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: Women Only

These would be perfect for a couple...the woman could wear this one, and the man could wear the other one...(this will probably be what me and my other will wear for halloween) see, thinking ahead here! L O L

Xanzibar

Re: Skate or fly

Awesome!! I've always wanted to be a human skateboard!! GMV!!!
Now all we need is for someone to actually attach skateboard wheels to a shirt!! Now that would be really cool!!

What is this?

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: Snowman

I could see myself wearing this but constantly asking "Does this costume make me look fat?" GMV!