toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
bellyup13 wrote:I wish this one would win dang it! its the best f-ing shirt so far! WHY OH WHY do the best shirts go unsung! great job!

Thanks! I wish I knew the answer to that myself.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
eHalcyon wrote:So again, no slogan shirts, but text as part of a larger design would be ok. The question is, are speech balloons acceptable? Before the Emergency derby I would have guessed no, but dsladek's LARPing shirt made it through. That's why I think it strange that this design was rejected. But it's woot's call. Meh.

wait. are you saying you are confused as to woot not making sense and having no real rule system? silly silly boy you have been here long enough to know there are no rules in woot, just whims. their whim this round is not to say "hey this alien thing is WAY overdone" and leave it at that. no. they want to baffle the masses by saying the speech bubble is also an issue which is moot. cool huh!

anmllover86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anmllover86
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

This is such an awesome shirt!!!!!

anmllover86

Re: Powered By Gnomes

This is an awesome shirt, I love gnomes so this is perfect. I would so get this.

uber1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uber1337
fablefire wrote:Actually I've been playing pretty solid since open beta, and am ready for WotLK. I'm just not a believer in the class swap. Pallies should remain on Alliance. Shaman should remain on Horde. ;)

I did end up lvling a BE pally though. Couldn't help it. They're just so OP. D:

Ret Pally's do crazy damage since the last patch. I really wish I had one now, but they will likely be nerf'd soon. (70 UD Shadow priest, 70 Tauren prot warrior)

anmllover86

Re: I am a Confused Turtle

I love this shirt just as is hence the confused turtle, this is my favorite i have seen so far.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
naiad wrote:I definitely did not see that before I submitted this shirt. I got the idea for an etch-a-sketch shirt because I thought it'd be perfect for a red t-shirt and easy to do. When I was trying to figure out what to put in the frame (a blank etch-a-sketch) is kind of boring, I wanted to do an iconic piece of art because I thought that would appeal to more people. I've always been an Escher fan, I thought this pencil sketch would be well suited to the way the toy's drawings look, and I thought it was funny to have a sketch within a sketch within a sketch. It wasn't until I was trying to think of a title that I realized the pun of "Escher A Sketch," and then it was too good not to use. I did not mean any plagiarism, I was just unlucky enough not to come up with the idea first.

I think the thing that concerned me about this piece, in reference to the Escher A Sketch from that page, is that your positioning of your Escher piece is identical, as is the piece you chose. Those two coincidences make me lean towards the idea that you did, indeed know of the picture that was linked. I am by no means saying you didn't draw it out yourself, just that the design wasn't your idea first and you were aware of the photochopped version on that page (and if not from that page, elsewhere... I think I've seen it on a few pages)

anmllover86

Re: Fresh from the Shower

i love the idea.

anmllover86

Re: You. Are. A pirate!

this is great! It's so detailed, very nice.

anmllover86

Re: Escaped Convict!

very clever!

anmllover86

Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

this is very fun :-P too bad it was rejected. very good design though.

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: The OG Iron Man was made from Tin!

Nice shirt and concept.
Although, I don't think magnets stick to tin, I think they only stick to iron. l o l

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
blammoed wrote:Thanks a lot for the nice comments everyone. I had a lot of fun making this one, and having you are a pirate stuck in my head ALL day.

And now someone DOES need to do a ninja shirt, don't they? Volunteer, bradyson? ;D

I think your link is wrong. this is "you are a pirate" song here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsJyfN0ICU&feature=related

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

anmllover86

DavidShenoda wrote:My vision for this shirt was that the person wearing the shirt could use it as a "conversation starter" (<--- hehe) at a halloween party/celebration. The joke was supposed to be the fact that the alien is the life of the party - drink in hand, telling stories and what not.

I ROFLMAO when I thought of the caption, so there's no way I could sleep at night if I excluded it from the design. I'm sorry you don't like it. Maybe a "male" would enjoy the shirt more. ;)

I've just been waiting for an opportunity to show off my ridiculously long internet abbreviation skills. Check that one off my list.

Thanks to all who have supported me to this point and please spread the word. Maybe this will make it, and I can finally get rid of the "I can't get me first print blues".

completely mazing i absolutly love it the text made me laugh so much, its a great shirt.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

Anyone know of the rumor that woot can do gold fleck?

anmllover86

Re: I Wanna Be a Lego!

I so love this Lego's are the best!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
tgentry wrote:Anyone know of the rumor that woot can do gold fleck?

I've only ever seen the silver glitter on the back of the screaming monkey shirts.

oh.. and the gold shirts from the woot shirt party ( pic of my shirt ), but that was a special occasion..they also had rainbow gradients for those shirts, too.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
TAYLORT5 wrote:I think your link is wrong. this is "you are a pirate" song here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsJyfN0ICU&feature=related

Ah, yeah. I couldn't decide which to link to. Of course that's the real one, and best one. I should make an edit.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

eyeslikesugar wrote:I've only ever seen the silver glitter on the back of the screaming monkey shirts.

oh.. and the gold shirts from the woot shirt party ( pic of my shirt ), but that was a special occasion..they also had rainbow gradients for those shirts, too.

That gold looks great! I thought it might be a dark bronzed color, but it it has a nice gold quality about it.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
impetus wrote:Re: Hero. Unplugged,

Looks great but the air guitar/Guitar Hero thing has definitely been done before:
http://62466.spreadshirt.net/en/EU/Shop/Article/Index/article/The-Hero-Guitar-6135604
http://www.likecool.com/Air_Guitar_Hero--Apparel--Style.html

The subtle point and difference is that this guitar is a Wii guitar, and the Wii remote is disconnected (removed, actually). Hence, 'Hero Unplugged'. Unfortunately, no-one got it, and it withered away into not enough votes or attention. my error.

knightvision3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knightvision3d

Best concept yet.. I'd buy one!
However the image doesn't look separated into solid colors, so woot will likely reject it. I'd love to make this my halloween costume, though. If you have time, maybe you could re-submit one just like it limiting yourself to six solid colors (I think that is the limit). Good Luck!

Re: Hold my hands...

Colleen970

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Colleen970

It's AWESOME!

IgnatiusD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusD
Re: Banking Crisis

Brilliant! I dig it!

Marcopolohere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcopolohere
knightvision3d wrote:Best concept yet.. I'd buy one!
However the image doesn't look separated into solid colors, so woot will likely reject it. I'd love to make this my halloween costume, though. If you have time, maybe you could re-submit one just like it limiting yourself to six solid colors (I think that is the limit). Good Luck!

This is my first submission, so I am new to this whole thing. I will try to resubmit if I get rejected. Good luck on your costume... and thanks for the helper advice.

Marcopolohere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marcopolohere
knightvision3d wrote:Best concept yet.. I'd buy one!

This is my first submission, so I am new to this whole thing. I will try to resubmit if I get rejected. Good luck on your costume... and thanks for the helper advice.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: B00b Tube

Too bad the Boob Tube's not doing better. If it's any consolation, it's my favorite in the derby.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Rock on Angus!

I'll give you a vote because I love Angus and I like where you were going with this.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
tgentry wrote:That gold looks great! I thought it might be a dark bronzed color, but it it has a nice gold quality about it.

I state now that if Woot magically decides to use gold for this shirt, I will definitely definitely purchase for my first tgentry and my first olive.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson
Re: Rock on Angus!

Very timely w/ the new album!!! This shirt is for those about to rock!!!

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson
eHalcyon wrote:I state now that if Woot magically decides to use gold for this shirt, I will definitely definitely purchase for my first tgentry and my first olive.

Now thats just unfair!!! tgentry gets to use gold???
That's it!!!
Halloween is OFFICIALLY CANCELLED!!!

Just kidding, this shirt is great without the gold, but gold would be niiiiice.

Ltrain8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ltrain8

I wish this had more votes... C'mon Lego!!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: domo kitten

me-e-owww! Domo Kitties escape!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
BootsBoots wrote:Too bad the Boob Tube's not doing better. If it's any consolation, it's my favorite in the derby.

Aww thanks boots! I wish it was doing better as well. Maybe it'll get a BL or HM.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

I will be buying two of these for my kids. Just gotta figure out which size will work for a 10-year-old girl...

greenriverdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenriverdog
Re: Stars Upon Thars...

I like it!!! yea Dr. Seuss, When is someone going to design one about the Lorax?...such a great book!

Vigilent24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vigilent24
Re: I Wanna Be a Lego!

Although this shirt doesnt seem very "woot", legos basically defines my childhood, i would buy this in an instant.

clogan98

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clogan98

Awesome. I wish you would have entered it sooner. You should have entitled it "open your mind", llo.

greenriverdog

Re: Water

I really like this, I would totally wear it, I think this is the only shirt I would actually wear in this derby! So simple and nice! Good luck! GMV

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
uber1337 wrote:Ret Pally's do crazy damage since the last patch. I really wish I had one now, but they will likely be nerf'd soon. (70 UD Shadow priest, 70 Tauren prot warrior)

I keep on trying to tell my friend that tauren prot warriors are better then draniae (however you spell it) prot warriors but he thinks draniae are better.

greenriverdog

Re: Be the monster

I dont get it...