greenriverdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenriverdog
Re: Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot

This is great I hadn't seen it till just now! The print is a bit big for me but I really like it, GMV!

cheesydud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesydud
Re: domo kitten

I would definitely buy this. This is fantastic.

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
soothedbyrainfall wrote:I guess the idea of being a bird bath for Halloween wasn't as enticing as I'd hoped, but thanks for the positive comments! If any of you really, really want this design, it'll probably make an appearance in the WE3TEES shop at some point.

Good to know! Thanks!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
Re: You. Are. A pirate!

This shirt is sweet, and I want to be a pirate! wo00oo0o0o0o0o0ot!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
tgentry wrote:Anyone know of the rumor that woot can do gold fleck?

i'm going to say that it will be unlikely for woot to throw any gold on this, even if it would look sweet, for the same reasons woot has done beer and cig designs for dailies and not derbies, and the same reason glow ink still isn't allowed. Lord knows exactly what those reasons are, but I quite believe it's so woot doesn't have to shell out specialty ink prices on what are often amateur grade winners, one more way skilled designers get the shaft in the derby. If it's possible, the derby ain't the place, and since woot has hangups about printing derby artists as dailies if they're successful, we may sadly never get to see what you can do with specialty inks.

naiad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naiad

Well, you have seen the original drawing right? I just placed an image of the drawing in the screen of my etch of sketch, traced it roughly in what I tried to make an etch an sketch style, then deleted the original sketch.

I REPEAT, I did NOT see this idea first before I made it. If you notice my placement is not exactly the same because I brought the drawing up to the edges whereas it is not in the link. I'm by no means by saying that my idea was so amazing and awesome that no one else thought of it, but I think it's just as likely that I happened to think of the same idea as someone else as that I would blatantly copy their idea. After all, there's more than one jack-o-lantern shirt in the derby right now, and other similar ideas have been done before. People do come up with the same idea you know. I wish I would stop being accused.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cheesydud wrote:I would definitely buy this. This is fantastic.

thank you. I fear it was entered too late. Still, the Domo hasn't caught the kitty yet!

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
AdderXYU wrote:i'm going to say that it will be unlikely for woot to throw any gold on this, even if it would look sweet, for the same reasons woot has done beer and cig designs for dailies and not derbies, and the same reason glow ink still isn't allowed. Lord knows exactly what those reasons are, but I quite believe it's so woot doesn't have to shell out specialty ink prices on what are often amateur grade winners, one more way skilled designers get the shaft in the derby. If it's possible, the derby ain't the place, and since woot has hangups about printing derby artists as dailies if they're successful, we may sadly never get to see what you can do with specialty inks.

Agreed. Imagine if they actually printed it in gold! You think TGentry gets alot of flack now?

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Mancho wrote:Agreed. Imagine if they actually printed it in gold! You think TGentry gets alot of flack now?

That's a good point. I think if you want special inks, travis, you should submit them as dailies. You'd have a MUCH better chance

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: I'm Staying Home This Year

I like your design! It made me smile out loud. Great idea, well drawn but very cleanly and simply executed. GMV

rglee129

Re: UniPWNed

That's funny! Sure to get compliments. If this were to print it would be a huge hit. gmv, btw

rglee129

Re: B00b Tube

Well executed, Jaden. Great job! gmv

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
naiad wrote:Well, you have seen the original drawing right? I just placed an image of the drawing in the screen of my etch of sketch, traced it roughly in what I tried to make an etch an sketch style, then deleted the original sketch.

I REPEAT, I did NOT see this idea first before I made it. If you notice my placement is not exactly the same because I brought the drawing up to the edges whereas it is not in the link. I'm by no means by saying that my idea was so amazing and awesome that no one else thought of it, but I think it's just as likely that I happened to think of the same idea as someone else as that I would blatantly copy their idea. After all, there's more than one jack-o-lantern shirt in the derby right now, and other similar ideas have been done before. People do come up with the same idea you know. I wish I would stop being accused.

well i cant honestly know if you had seen the image in any way before or not. therefore i WONT accuse you. what i WILL do is tell you why i LEAN in the same direction as the others. not to berate you or piss you off, but if by chance you are being honest, im gonna tell you how to not let this happen again.
now i have a book of hundreds of escher graphics (taschen 1989) and for you to have chosen the same one AND put it in nearly the same position is a remarkable coincidence wouldnt you agree? it is a possible arguement though not in the least plausible.
you can also be absolutely sure that our resident pit bull, lipstick or no, jaden will hunt you down. dont fret. she has had as many acusations as she has given of the same crime. if you really want to avoid such a thing in the future, make google searching all possibilities part of your pre-draw routine. idea to search to draw period every time.
as far as the jack-o-lantern shirt repetition you mention... please note: in every derby there is a theme. in every derby you will see at LEAST one if not 3 or 4 WAY over done ideas because woot likes to make incredibly limiting themes on a regular basis. any people not familliar with woot OR with no creativity will make one of the "memes" of each derby and it has always been that way. seasoned woot designers will then proceed to comment how they had THOUGHT of doing that idea and decided against it. this go round we have jack-o-lantern belly, alien thing escapes, and secret superman to infinity. no one really complains about the over done designs because they usually cancel each other out to get low votes, unless marvelously done.
now i hope this helps you in one of two ways.
1. you didnt really see the image and therefore you are now prepared to never be side swiped again OR
2. you did see the image and therefore know that the wrath of woot (and jaden) for such an act is not worth the heat and will no longer do it.
either way, i hope this means we get one more artist making original designs we can vote for.

Mitch434poj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mitch434poj
Re: I Am Phelps

May I suggest adding something that would hint at it being Michael Phelps? Like the little Olympics logo for a swimmer.

Good shirt though!

One day (mitch434poj is better than everyone else)

I'll just have to keep going day by day till then..

Annie22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Annie22
Re: domo kitten

Isn't Domo Kun kind of copyrighted? And this is inspired from the shirt from Pineapple Express of the shark eating the kitten

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
peppersagooddog wrote:now i have a book of hundreds of escher graphics (taschen 1989) and for you to have chosen the same one AND put it in nearly the same position is a remarkable coincidence wouldnt you agree? it is a possible arguement though not in the least plausible.

See, I am with the artist on this one. I have about 3 or 4 M.C. Escher books, as well as stereoscopic 3D versions (yes, they are amazingly cool). And, if I were to choose an Escher piece to put in an Etch-a-Sketch, I can guarantee you that this would be the one that I chose.

sid3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sid3000

I just figured out the joke with the "neck". llo.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

This was the only one i wanted to buy. The rest suuuuuck sooooo bad it isnt even funny. Woots derbies have been a huge bust. and now, when a good, awesome shirt comes along... the reject it. Thanks woot for savin me 10 bucks!

I once ate a cricket.

mmormino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmormino

I'm SO in for 3 when this wins. Awesome work. Love the waistcoat.

mmormino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmormino

Wouldn't a ninja shirt be, uh, black?

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

i want this so badly

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson
mmormino wrote:Wouldn't a ninja shirt be, uh, black?

Majide?

Wootoff..nevermind you probably did not read that either... ;)

Glad to see this in the fog!!!

jago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jago
Re: You. Are. A pirate!

Um yeah, this is amazing.

I have only one quality post.

slinton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinton
Re: Snowman

love this!
I really want one!

stanftx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanftx

I like it and I'm going to vote for it, but why does the wider prong go in the right-hand slot?

Bernardmarx138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bernardmarx138
Re: Stars Upon Thars...

Great shirt. I have been reading that story to my 7 month old son every night. Good luck!!

btylermargison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btylermargison
Re: Joe The Plumber

If this wins, I promise you I will buy it and wear it on Election Day. I'll even have footage to prove.

Send me a message with your e-mail so I can be able to send you the video when it happens. ;D

GREAT shirt idea. GMV, for sure.

-btyler

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
Re: Smile!

i don't know what it is, but i really like this shirt.

richiexluu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richiexluu

this is one of the craziest ive seen in a while. good stuff man

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman
Re: Barcode!

tell me what the barcode says, then i might be interested

temporaryescape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temporaryescape

this is awesome, i hope you submit similar sketch art for future derbies

kazzmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazzmonkey

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
female wrote:They don't copyright them, but they do trademark them. They get design trademarks on various shapes and configurations that define the product. The Game Boy design was officially trademarked in 1992, but it's not an active trademark anymore. It expired in 2003. Hope this helps clear things up.

Thanks for actually taking the time to do some research to answer the question of whether this should be rejected or not. My boyfriend is in love with this shirt, but since he refuses to open his own Woot account, I get the veto power on this one. I will not allow him to walk around looking like a giant gameboy.

Carpe shirtem!

debiegirl364

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debiegirl364

I love this, I wish my iphone had these icons instead of the male normal ones

engineary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages engineary

I absolutely love this and would buy it in a heartbeat - great job!

tvnerd101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tvnerd101

Awesome shirt...I definitely hope it wins because I am in for 3...or maybe more if I can coax some friends to buy em.

tvnerd101

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tvnerd101

Dam hilarious. Hope it wins..id be in for 3, so would my cuz. Good luck.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
rglee129 wrote:Well executed, Jaden. Great job! gmv

Thanks Robbie!

Voted for you at threadless too! Great Job!

nevershoutJAKE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nevershoutJAKE
Re: Joe The Plumber

INCREDIBLE!

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154
Re: God's Gift

Sorry man... been done.

http://www.t-shirts.com/printed/default.asp?cmd=detail&type=I&item_id=6636