SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
sundbe10 wrote:I'm thinking of resubmitting on creme with some muscle definition, or would that be too creepy?

As a girl, that would probably look pretty odd on me.

Michael had his jacket and pants on for at least most of his medal ceremonies, so I think this works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
roofdiver wrote:Rad design but is this really a costume? If I'm wearing this at a party and someone says, "what are you dressed as?" what do I say? Maybe I'm just out of it and there's some well known character than goes around with a hand poking out of his stomach.

You're a guy with a crazy third hand under his shirt. That wants to grab things. Very chic

SailorButterfly

lkackman wrote:I work in the Advertising business. I would have major concerns over copyrights on this shirt... Still kicks ass.

I don't know if they could copyright a screen and some buttons...especially since there's no text on the design. I hope it stays, but it's ultimately up to Woot to take the chance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

This one made me laugh. Any chance there could be more detail on the buttons? I mean if something like this is going to do good, shouldn't it be completely awesome?

ThaDuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThaDuke
rachel1aaron wrote:I like this! Cute, clever & well done! Mouse is a nice touch, too.

Me too, me too!!

SailorButterfly

Re: I've Been Staked!

I like this.

badTchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badTchap
Re: I Love My Mummy

I had the same idea. Unfortunately the picture I used of it makes it look like a bug shirt, which it's not. Check it out.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
SailorButterfly wrote:Love it! I would be so tempted to make it a full costume if I got this shirt. I'd have to order the biggest size I could so it would be loose like his.

I think that would be amusing. Could you see a floodgate of little kids in Orko costumes with their battered and recolored Harry Potter hats from a couple halloweens back and purple scarves running up to houses for candy? I see a great resurgence of the least recreated of the characters. (put them in black long johns and make it look like they're floating) easy costume

oswandel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oswandel

aradicallynewnerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aradicallynewnerd

Almost forgot to post my quip:

Simply pull the shirt up over your head and *POOF* - Instant ghost! Blindly stumble in your ghostly rampage, or for you cautious types, cut out eye holes. Note: eye holes may become sultry nipple holes upon reapplication to torso.

Good for costume occasions or just to wear to work. Go show it to Jen a couple cubicles down, it's probably cool. I mean, she won't be expecting you, but you'll say "BOOGA BOOGA!" and it'll just be silly. She'll be fine.

flashhq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flashhq

Gotta have one, terrific!

-Flash

Larry 'Flash' Alexander
http://flashalexander.com

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
SailorButterfly wrote:As a girl, that would probably look pretty odd on me.

Michael had his jacket and pants on for at least most of his medal ceremonies, so I think this works.

I'll probably stick with this then

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

I totally forgot what to say this costume is, though I think it's easily discernible. It's an apple. Ta. Da.

FishRockette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FishRockette
Re: I've Been Staked!

I just bought vampire teeth, this would totally make the outfit!

fHalcyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fHalcyon
tgentry wrote:Thanks for your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree. Yes, I could have added a bunch of stuff all over the shirt like buttons, patches, vests, etc. but it's my opinion that it would look cheesy and no one would want to wear it. It's the equivalent to a tuxedo shirt, which rightfully has the place as one of the dumbest fad shirts ever conceived. I very purposefully exercised restraint in adding extraneous details.

It doesn't have to have a bunch of fake stuff plastered all over the shirt to make it a costume, it simply has to convey the concept that when the person is wearing the clothing, he or she "becomes" something else. Since everyone seems to be clear that the person wearing this is the giant in Jack and the Beanstalk then it definitely qualifies as a costume. And as for coasting, I spent 3-4 hours on this and it wasn't particularly easy.

I absolutely agree that you did this tastefully by not adding tons of cheesy details. For an attractive shirt it was the right choice to make.

However, that doesn't change the fact that when I saw this I thought robin hood, and it wasn't until I read the title that I got what you were going for. Every person here has read the title, and I bet that's why they're clear on what the costume is. However a person wearing this won't have a title on them to explain who they are. Although I guess they could walk around saying "fee fi foe fum" all the time.

I'm not asking for patches or a vest. Just some little detail to show that it's a giant. I'm sure you could figure out how to do it tastefully. You're good at this stuff.

hoshman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoshman
jewelwing wrote:This one made me laugh. Any chance there could be more detail on the buttons? I mean if something like this is going to do good, shouldn't it be completely awesome?

Some how, i feel like there should be a mario picture on the screen, it would really give the gameboy life. just a though, otherwise its great!

mysticazian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysticazian

i <3333 strawberries!!! that'd be cool if the bottom half was dipped in chocolate. yuuuummy, chocolate cover strawberries. *giggles* good job!

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
Re: I ain't playin kid! (Re-Submission)

GMV once again. Best of luck.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

ThaDuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThaDuke
Re: Joe The Plumber

I do like this idea, but I agree with some of the folks in the derby thread - this will only be funny for a limited time - maybe without the state of ohio it would have been something wearable forever, but. . .

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

fHalcyon wrote:I absolutely agree that you did this tastefully by not adding tons of cheesy details. For an attractive shirt it was the right choice to make.

However, that doesn't change the fact that when I saw this I thought robin hood, and it wasn't until I read the title that I got what you were going for. Every person here has read the title, and I bet that's why they're clear on what the costume is. However a person wearing this won't have a title on them to explain who they are. Although I guess they could walk around saying "fee fi foe fum" all the time.

I'm not asking for patches or a vest. Just some little detail to show that it's a giant. I'm sure you could figure out how to do it tastefully. You're good at this stuff.

How about the needle and thread that's 100 times bigger than it should be for a character that size? Also the harp in his bag is from the story Jack and the Beanstalk. There's enough there that even without the title people would be able to figure it out. I'm quite happy with it as it is.

JadenKale

BootsBoots wrote:I love it so, Jaden. Everything about it.

Thanks boots!! I love your hand too this week

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
Re: Gumball Machine

Ha! This is great!

[/url]

JadenKale

ansharp wrote:Nicely done, Jaden. I'd wear this just so I could listen to the chorus of "Wow, you're cheap!" all night long. :D

hey better than 'Free' which is what my one bar does. They have an old street vendor popcorn machine in the corner that makes popcorn for the bar patrons all night long (it's cheap and salty to get you to buy more... I think it's a good strategy)

fHalcyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fHalcyon
tgentry wrote:How about the needle and thread that's 100 times bigger than it should be for a character that size? Also the harp in his bag is from the story Jack and the Beanstalk. There's enough there that even without the title people would be able to figure it out. I'm quite happy with it as it is.

As long as you're happy. And you're getting votes too. I didn't intend to be mean. I went to an art school where every single piece we did was bluntly (and often viciously) critiqued by the entire class and I think sometimes is best to hear what people really think instead of just the good things.

chester3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chester3000
Re: UniPWNed

Maybe if the unicorn was pink or purple...black and white dont do unicorns justice.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

Great design tgentry.. as always..

And who are you fHalcyon? Are you eHalcyon? A wannabe? I'm confused.

fatbob309

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatbob309
Re: *giggles*, I don't get it..?

Thats good stuff. I have an ex gf that needs this...

lexingtondk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexingtondk
rkshelton21 wrote:Awesome, I love it. Totally GMV.
What are the 3 little gray slashes on the bottom right corner of the shirt?

My girlfriend wants one. GMV

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83
Re: McAlien!!!

Hilarious, but I'm afraid they might reject this one...

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=23633
Vote for mine!

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

78LAYERS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 78LAYERS
Silverpsycho wrote:GMV once again. Best of luck.

Thanks for your vote again. This is my first Woot submission and re-submission, so I really appreciate the support. At least now I know for next time to make the colors closer to their template.

Thx,
78Layers

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Zeusandhera
Re: Be The Penguin

Why are penguins so adorable?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
andrewlb wrote:soooo, not to be a spoil sport, but back in my early days of noobdom (first competition) I did something a lottt like this, so not sure if this warrents rejection or not
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=10013
and yes yours is a lot better than what I was doing a year ago

Surprised it's been done before as a woot design, but I doubt it would be rejectionable just on the merit that fake cow udders on a splotched up shirt was done before. Especially since if you search for "cow costume" you get pretty much the same thing. I actually wore a costume like this about 10 years ago to a party, so I would be surprised if this was a completely novel concept. IE- I'm surprised it isn't already being sold somewhere else...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
helix031 wrote:both look good, but i think you're shooting urself in the foot posting two of the same design.

I figured I'd see which one did better, which is obviously v1. I'll probably remove this one later today.

dirtdirt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtdirt
Re: It Happens

Hee hee! GMV!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

So where do you stick the cartridge in?

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

Great concept, awesome work!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

S4wks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages S4wks
Re: Snowman

My favorite this Derby, hopefully it makes it!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
toe2254 wrote:good for halloween or wear it to an Anime Convention!

Clever!!

shirtwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtwoot
Re: Stir Crazy

very clever I would love to wear this! Great color choices

punkfiveo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkfiveo
Discobiscuits wrote:So where do you stick the cartridge in?

your mouth obviously.