pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
daj59 wrote:Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I got an stupid vendor rep telling me that Microsoft Vista OEM product is no longer available.

And this is wrong?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kizat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizat

morning.

Woke up late this morning and got into work late. oops. I tried to bribe my ops manager with coffee but he had already got breakfast.

it's a good thing they love me at work... otherwise, I would have fired me by now.

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
daj59 wrote:Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I got an stupid vendor rep telling me that Microsoft Vista OEM product is no longer available.

There must be some OEM product available. Maybe they've renamed Vista to Windows 6.x, since the next version is going to be called Windows 7.0

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
kizat wrote:otherwise, I would have fired me by now.

you would have fired yourself? Why? Seems kinda odd doesn't it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:There must be some OEM product available. Maybe they've renamed Vista to Windows 6.x, since the next version is going to be called Windows 7.0

Oh, it's available. They just changed the part number because it now includes the SP1 update. She's just an idiot. I found the part number. This is one of the biggest Microsoft resellers too.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer

daj59 wrote:Oh, it's available. They just changed the part number because it now includes the SP1 update. She's just an idiot. I found the part number. This is one of the biggest Microsoft resellers too.

this person must have known you were a pain in the ass so the person had to give you a hard time.

Josephus

daj59 wrote:Oh, it's available. They just changed the part number because it now includes the SP1 update. She's just an idiot. I found the part number. This is one of the biggest Microsoft resellers too.

Gasp! you...you didn't smack her, did you?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:Gasp! you...you didn't smack her, did you?

If I could have pulled her through email, I would have. I wasted probably 1.5 hrs calling Microsoft and looking for the product on other vendor sites.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kizat

cruzer wrote:you would have fired yourself? Why? Seems kinda odd doesn't it?

since winter (fall?) hit, I've been late a lot. Otherwise, I'm a hardworker and I get all my work done. I've actually been given more responsibilities as of late, which is awesome... but I have an issue with tardiness.

I've been looking into a full spectrum light though, to maybe help get my sleep schedule back on track. It's dark when I get to work, and dark when I leave. I'm having a hard time going to sleep at night, and an even harder time waking up in the mornings.

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

terrimeyers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages terrimeyers
kizat wrote:

How's the new boots?

Thanks SS for my new togs!

kizat

terrimeyers wrote:How's the new boots?

It's casual friday today, so I'm sportin a hoodie and some skate shoes today...

But the duct tape worked out marvelously yesterday. Thank you sooo much for the recommendation. It stopped the material from bunching down and pinching. I think next time I wear those boots, I'll put on less cute socks and do it again. I think my socks are trashed... but that's okay. Was totally worth it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

For Dname

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

I think I'm getting a cello this weekend.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kizat

daj59 wrote:For Dname

that's hilarious... tha'ts how I saw it going down before I saw the tshirt!

pooflady

daj59 wrote:For Dname

Perfect!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PemberDucky wrote:I think I'm getting a cello this weekend.

do you play?

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:do you play?

No...just the violin right now. I've been interested in dabbling with other stringed instruments and have a few family members who are musicians and they happened across a cello. (Think it'll be easier on the ol' wrist for a while.)

no1

PemberDucky wrote:No...just the violin right now. I've been interested in dabbling with other stringed instruments and have a few family members who are musicians and they happened across a cello. (Think it'll be easier on the ol' wrist for a while.)

how so? aren't all stringed instruments basically played the same way, i.e. holding the bow in one hand, the ... uh... fingerboard? in the other?

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:how so? aren't all stringed instruments basically played the same way, i.e. holding the bow in one hand, the ... uh... fingerboard? in the other?

Easier on the left wrist because I wouldn't have to twist it to play(less pressure); easier on the right wrist because the nature of the bowing is different.
ETA: I have no idea if it actually will make a difference. I don't plan to quit violin anyway. Just paid mine off, so I'm pretty much in it for eternity now anydoodle.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:Easier on the left wrist because I wouldn't have to twist it to play(less pressure); easier on the right wrist because the nature of the bowing is different.
ETA: I have no idea if it actually will make a difference. I don't plan to quit violin anyway. Just paid mine off, so I'm pretty much in it for eternity now anydoodle.

strad?

i can see throwing (figuratively) a violin in the back seat, driving off to a secluded spot and whiling away a couple hours playing. less so with a cello.

kizat

PemberDucky wrote:No...just the violin right now. I've been interested in dabbling with other stringed instruments and have a few family members who are musicians and they happened across a cello. (Think it'll be easier on the ol' wrist for a while.)

I still dont really know ANYTHING about any of you... other than you're all very young and youthful, and dname has a dog that wont poop...

it's fun to learn new stuff about people. I would have never guessed something like "violin playing"...

no1

kizat wrote:I still dont really know ANYTHING about any of you... other than you're all very young and youthful, and dname has a dog that wont poop...

it's fun to learn new stuff about people. I would have never guessed something like "violin playing"...

i'm jessica alba.

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:i'm jessica alba.

I thought you were a 12-year old girl looking for the companionship of an older man!

You are right about the convenience of the violin. It's also more...versatile, I guess. I can play bluegrass (poorly) or a lovely etude (also poorly). And because it's SO unforgiving, it's very rewarding when something works really well.

But the cello has its merits, too. It's said to be the one perfect instrument because of the way it's built. (In terms of pitch/tone, etc.) And it really can have a beautiful sound. Aaand...it's probably easier for a clumsy duck like me to play.

PemberDucky

Staff

kizat wrote:I still dont really know ANYTHING about any of you... other than you're all very young and youthful, and dname has a dog that wont poop...

PWA peeps are the proverbial bomb!

ThunderThighs

Staff

PemberDucky wrote:I thought you were a 12-year old girl looking for the companionship of an older man!

You are right about the convenience of the violin. It's also more...versatile, I guess. I can play bluegrass (poorly) or a lovely etude (also poorly). And because it's SO unforgiving, it's very rewarding when something works really well.

But the cello has its merits, too. It's said to be the one perfect instrument because of the way it's built. (In terms of pitch/tone, etc.) And it really can have a beautiful sound. Aaand...it's probably easier for a clumsy duck like me to play.

I switched from playing violin to bass violin for a year in middle school. It was an easy switch because it used the same clef. Comfy to lean against too. Mom made me switch back the next year. Quit playing after 9th grade because the orchestra teacher was lazy & worthless.

Edit: I still have my violin.

ThunderThighs

Staff

We're young! Did you hear that!!??! She said we're young!!!!

no1

PemberDucky wrote:I thought you were a 12-year old girl looking for the companionship of an older man!

that too!

pooflady

daj59 wrote:We're young! Did you hear that!!??! She said we're young!!!!

Yeah, I've been sitting here preening ever since she said that! What a nice girl!

PemberDucky

Staff

daj59 wrote:I switched from playing violin to bass violin for a year in middle school. It was an easy switch because it used the same clef. Comfy to lean against too. Mom made me switch back the next year. Quit playing after 9th grade because the orchestra teacher was lazy & worthless.

Edit: I still have my violin.

Nice! We'll play a duet!

ThunderThighs

Staff

PemberDucky wrote:Nice! We'll play a duet!

Only if it's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I can still remember the finger patterns for that. It was the first song we learned -- 4th grade.

2 1 0 1 2 2 2 1 1 1 2 1 0 2 1 0 1 2 2 2 1 1 2 1 0

kizat

daj59 wrote:Only if it's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I can still remember the finger patterns for that. It was the first song we learned -- 4th grade.

2 1 0 1 2 2 2 1 1 1 2 1 0 2 1 0 1 2 2 2 1 1 2 1 0

I wonder what binary violin playing would sound like.

01010000 01010111 01000001 00100000 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 01110011 00100000 01110110 01101001 01101111 01101100 01101001 01101110 00001101 00001010

Josephus

kizat wrote:... other than you're all very young and youthful, ...

I think she means some are young, and the rest are "youthful for your age"

ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:I think she means some are young, and the rest are "youthful for your age"

You were the one that ran around popping everyone's bubbles at the party, weren't you?

kizat

Josephus wrote:I think she means some are young, and the rest are "youthful for your age"

no no.. outta context.. no such thing as an old person on woot. I just said it in another thread...

You're all young... AND youthful.

and good looking at that!

Josephus

daj59 wrote:You were the one that ran around popping everyone's bubbles at the party, weren't you?

heh.

cruzer

kizat wrote:no no.. outta context.. no such thing as an old person on woot. I just said it in another thread...

You're all young... AND youthful.

and good looking at that!

...except for daj...

Josephus

cruzer wrote:...except for daj...

you better duck.

no1

Josephus wrote:better duck.

Waitin', watchin' the clock, it's four o'clock, it's got to stop
Tell him, take no more, she practices her speech
As he opens the door, she rolls over...
Pretends to sleep, as he looks her over
She lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better duck...
She dreams in color, she dreams in red, can't find a better duck...
Can't find a better duck
Can't find a better duck

Ohh...

Talkin' to herself, there's no one else who needs to know...
She tells herself, oh...

Memories back when she was bold and strong
And waiting for the world to come along...
Swears she knew it, now she swears he's gone
She lies and says she's in love with him, can't find a better duck...
She lies and says she still loves him, can't find a better duck...
Can't find a better duck
Can't find a better duck

She loved him, yeah...she don't want to leave this way
She needs him, yeah...that's why she'll be back again
Can't find a better duck (can't find a better duck)
Can't find a better...duck...

kizat

my bestfriend and her husband apparently have some sort of a surprise for me...

i can't guess it either... this is gonna drive me bonkers.

PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:
Can't find a better...duck...

Don't you forget it!