bebopasorus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bebopasorus

subtle, creative- accolades to the designer

krarsdale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krarsdale

I'd have voted for this, but the shirt color might have turned a lot of people off. Too far from both the original painting and missile command.

midorichi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages midorichi
Re: His Hat, Glove and Boot in the style of Realism

Awwww... I'm so sad that this didn't place. =( I so would have bought it!!!!

midorichi

Re: Piranha Still Life in the style of Van Gogh

I love this! Please let us know if you're going to try and get this printed. I would most definitely buy it. :D

midorichi

Re: Zoological Still Life Zone in the style of Flegel

Awww Tails and Sonic are sooooo cute! I hope I will be able to buy this in the future!

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: Chocobos in the style of Salvador Dali

i am so sad this didn't make it to the fog, and 18th?? seriously? ug...makes me embarrassed to be a wooter. oh well, at least i got your really cool waterslides shirt, that one is definitely a crowd pleaser =)

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

ParticleJT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ParticleJT
Re: To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci

Very happy I managed to pull in one of these. I'm totally looking forward to wearing this at Magfest. Terrific job!

CosmicJester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CosmicJester

Got home late from work to find this one very quickly sold out. I'm snagging one tomorrow, it's just too good.

SirMason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirMason

Your stuff is tattooable!

djfatben

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djfatben
fofmock wrote:This idea sprung on me at the last minute and I feel it turned out better than I had originally expected. Tetris is probably done way too often but usually its done for its simplicity, so I was only going to do something based on Tetris if it was fitting enough. Looking at Escher's waterfall, this just seemed like the perfect setting for tetris, cause the pieces never end! Anyways, hope you all like it!

This is awesome. Best VG design I've seen.

OneStepAhead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages OneStepAhead
Re: Mario in style of Matt Groening - Klasky Csupo

too bad about the rejection.. this design could sell a lot of shirts. maybe print it somewhere else?

KaneRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaneRobot

Not for me, but this is pretty cool. Would work better as a poster than a shirt though.

tyhollow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyhollow

I want to buy this shirt, how can I go about doing this?

HigHwing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HigHwing
wastedthelight wrote:DAMNIT!!!!! I wanted this shirt!

Me Too!!

HigHwing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HigHwing
Re: Zoological Still Life Zone in the style of Flegel

I was really hoping to be able to buy this shirt. I love the subtle of it all

drthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drthv8r
Re: Mario. Cubism.

Great design and colors. GMV.

Brak426

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brak426

The fish sprite is called Boss Bass or Big Bertha. He/she first shows up in World 3 (Water World) of Super Mario Brothers 3 on the NES. Giant World was World 4. In the levels where the water level rises up and down Boss Bass swims around at the bottom and tries to eat Mario. In levels where you are fully submerged and swimming this fish is called Big Bertha. Big Bertha doesn't try to eat Mario, but instead shoots a baby fish in and out of her mouth.

Brak426

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brak426

Forgot to mention:
"Mario with the tail" is Raccoon Mario, also from Super Mario Brothers 3 on the NES.

witoki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witoki

witoki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages witoki
Re: Mario Kart in the Style of Neon (Lighting)

If it wasn't so sloppily done (which is my first major gripe with this shirt), I would then immediately suggest you simply went into Photoshop with the original image and clicked on the Neon filter.

The point is to reimagine it, not just draw over it in shiny colors.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

Awww. I thought this was on Brown. Serves me right for not reading the comments.

neondion920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neondion920

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=24213

sorry but this isn't in the style of the artist whom you are trying to imitate. If you have seen art before Rene Magritte's painting was that of a pipe with words under it in French "this is not a pipe". The only thing surrealist about it is that you use the line "this is not a hedgehog".

loripierce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loripierce

Wow! This one's definitely the best.

stephanemoore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephanemoore

5of0

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 5of0

Wow, this is awesome - I might just have to get it if it gets through. I need more white (aka not black :P) shirts.

<creative signature here>

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy

I would buy the Manos, the Hands of Fate out of this shirt...if it were a little bigger =)

bshicoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bshicoff
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=24153]

In for 3!

santo51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santo51

this is the hottest shirt ive seen here in a long while

melektris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melektris
HigHwing wrote:Me Too!!

Me three...

kwago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwago
theafterglow wrote:I'd definately wear this. I to agree it looks more like Frank Lloyd Wright to me.

I dont post much but it would be a total crime to not print this one.

kwago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwago
qvtqht wrote:I like this over the other similar designs because it's more subtle.

This is AWESOME!

joedetroit

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joedetroit
Re: The Freeman 2 - Vangogh Style Impressionism

17th? What the heck?! I call voter fraud! Look most of the shirts that got more votes than this one! Just look at them, then look at this one!! Some have access to a lot more warm bodies to vote. =/

This one should be in the top 3, if not the winner. I want this shirt BAD.

brianbratcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianbratcher

if this wins, I'm buying it

akoimeexx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akoimeexx
Re: For All The Rings - Van Gogh Impressionism

Very awesome, I hope this gets made.

¬Akoi Meexx

Jason91887

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jason91887

Ugh, I wish I hadn't missed this derby to vote! I am a huge FF7 nerd and a huge dali fan, I actually have quite a few dali tattoos as well. I wish this would have made it in

steveo4237

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steveo4237
dances wrote:We'll see what happens with honorary mentions (I'm crossing my fingers.) but if it doesn't make it, you'll probably see this at least being submitted to another site.

sweet definitely post what site you submit it to

halopunker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halopunker

King Quest is amazing, but Space Quest was the best ;P I would have to Rank Space Quest > Quest For Glory > King Quest. Quest For Glory just because I could keep my character from game to game ;P

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha
Re: Plumber in the style of Rembrandt

I'm a TGentry fan from way back in the 'chop contest days & I think this is awesome. I'm sorry I didn't vote for it, but I didn't look at the derby until it was finalist time so I missed out on voting. But, I didn't miss out on buying. This is the first shirt that I have bought.

H3l3n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages H3l3n
kwago wrote:I dont post much but it would be a total crime to not print this one.

Ditto. I want to buy these for all the art history buffs in my family as christmas gifts. <<please win tonight!!>>

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: (Yet Another) Tetris design in the Mondrian Style

I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to all who liked and voted for this design. I'm so happy that you all liked it. It was a weird confluence of Tetris, Mondrian, and apparently Frank Lloyd Wright. Coolness. If it doesn't get printed at midnight tonight (likely that escher will beat it), feel free to send me a PM and I'll keep you in the loop when it eventually gets printed by me.

Thank you.