starwind99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starwind99

eh! brown. Good shirt bad color T_T no buy for me

Shnargophagus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shnargophagus

i wish real pie looked like that...

kernodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kernodle

*giggles* love it. too bad im not THAT big of a nerd.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

grats on the print Jack. But I can't justify buying it. 1/3 of me loves pie, but the other 2/3rds are sure this is a bad design and the colors will only confuse those who look at it and go W T F???

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

this is incredibly bad. Congrats on the sellout

sharks9022

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharks9022

*giggles*, made me smile

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

i dont get it

animegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animegirl

It looks like it might even taste like Cardboard on the outside.

andreashaukas

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andreashaukas

mmm, nothing like eating sweet potato in the desert with all that sand - and cactus juice to wash it down with no less.......

Dorkvader

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dorkvader

I gotta say that's pretty imaginative. Overall, a good shirt, I like it a lot, but not -quite- enough to buy, besides, I just bought one...

I wonder what everyone else thinks. Is pie a zero-sum dessert?

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
AdderXYU wrote:this is incredibly bad. Congrats on the sellout

We are getting exasperated, Adder.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

Hmmmm...my mom's side of the fam is named Piper. And I do love pie. No, I could never wear this.

Carpe shirtem!

eH9116

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eH9116

I'm going to try and make a pie like that, the world's first pumpkin/cherry/lime pie...

raseld

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raseld

Interesting concept...

Shnargophagus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shnargophagus
eH9116 wrote:I'm going to try and make a pie like that, the world's first pumpkin/cherry/lime pie...

i want

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

No thanks. I already had 6 kinds of ice cream tonight. I have no room for pie. Or pi.

cortinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cortinator

Very clever =]

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
andreashaukas wrote:mmm, nothing like eating sweet potato in the desert with all that sand - and cactus juice to wash it down with no less.......

i think i'd rather have a shirt with a glass of cactus juice on it
thanks for saving me a lot of money lately woot!

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

skateasian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skateasian
aoviss wrote:i dont get it

yea...me neither

gguess123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gguess123

now thats a good looking pie chart!

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
skateasian wrote:yea...me neither

same

I once ate a cricket.

animegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animegirl
eH9116 wrote:I'm going to try and make a pie like that, the world's first pumpkin/cherry/lime pie...

Make three different pies, in similar shape & crust, then cut the pieces out and reassemble. Put wax paper inbetween the slices so the middles don't mix together. Or, make a jell-o pie with same concept. Great shirt, nice pie chart. I would use some fabric markers and label the sections.

skateasian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skateasian
waacodemon wrote:same

i think its the excel color scheme, but mine has blue instead of orange

davechronic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davechronic

Wow... Even if the caption was on the shirt, people still wouldn't get it (I barely do and I'm a nerd). That my friends means I'm in for a big goose egg on this one. I'm starting to lose faith in this site to find some cheap and awesome t-shirts. Maybe I should come back in the spring when t-shirts are more "IN."

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

Smells Like Teen Spirit?

I very rarely "llo". However, I honestly did a double-take on this one and found myself laughing loud enough that I thought I was going to wake up my GF (the one who still works, I'm retired).

Very clever.

Edit: Are there REALLY so many people out there who haven't used Excel (or other spreadsheet program that has a pie-chart graphing mode)? Is it the feature itself or the lack of Excel use that makes a difference? You don't have to be a geek to understand this - even your typical sales, administration, or business types have seen these things for years - LONG before personal computers were available. In fact, I can hardly imagine a hardware or software engineer even USING this feature on such software (or a lot of other supposed "geeks"). Somehow, I get the feeling that there are a lot of ignorant folks posting messages tonight.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

excel.

llo. this is awesome!

Lurntospel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lurntospel

I don't get the concept of it :\
I really like the design though :o
Nice colors and a brown shirt that doesn't look too bad. I would consider this shirt if I understood it more hah. Unless... there's nothing to understand!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
davechronic wrote:Wow... Even if the caption was on the shirt, people still wouldn't get it (I barely do and I'm a nerd). That my friends means I'm in for a big goose egg on this one. I'm starting to lose faith in this site to find some cheap and awesome t-shirts. Maybe I should come back in the spring when t-shirts are more "IN."

Eh, I got the joke right away. I actually think it's a pretty neat shirt, though I would guess that most people wouldn't understand the joke. Congratulations on the print, Jack.

More pie chart jokes?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

conhopper

quality posts: 19 Private Messages conhopper

I love how a good chunk of early buyers are in Washington State.

This shirt is easy to get (come on. Pie charts use different colors to represent different slices) for people who frequently deal with them, but it still takes some thought and it's not easy to validate one's idea of what the shirt is without asking... which makes people just go "*squirm* I don't feel like asking. I'll just stick with calling it a weird shirt"

tl;dr: design is currently impractical and hard to get as a shirt. It needs more detail.

derp

lareign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lareign

Well, on one hand, I like pie.

On the other, I also like to eat and not have an overdrawn bank account, and payday isn't till Thursday.

So I better wait for now.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
AdderXYU wrote:this is incredibly bad. Congrats on the sellout

I feel like I should be hating on you for this comment, Adder, but your ability to squeeze in so much contempt for both the site and its audience is strangely charming in its succinct misanthropy. It's quite possible, though, that I only feel this way because I was sick from work and spent most of the day on the couch watching Season 3 of 'House'

To get back on topic, the shirt . . . meh. Not for me. Its not really offensive in its aesthetic, just kinda bland. Too bad, b/c I've been really itching to buy a good brown design. Looking forward to the editors choice picks!

sakshi2212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakshi2212

recession IS kicking in...too few shirts sold

chipgreen

quality posts: 177 Private Messages chipgreen

I can see how people might not get it immediately just by looking at it, but the title "Tastes Like Excel" should have been a dead giveaway- c'mon peeps, try to keep up!

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM

I do wish there were markers you could write on clothing with, and they'd come out in the wash; that and a lighter color shirt (or that in white?) would make this so much fun, labeling and relabeling the chart.

(My mom had some sort of blue washable pencil she used for laying out clothing before she cut and sewed, but it was much too faint, IIRC. So maybe there is some cool new sewing tech to do this...)

eHalcyon wrote:More pie chart jokes?

Ooohh, classic!

Maybe I'm nuts, but I thought most people would get this one.

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
IndependentVik wrote:I feel like I should be hating on you for this comment, Adder, but your ability to squeeze in so much contempt for both the site and its audience is strangely charming in its succinct misanthropy. It's quite possible, though, that I only feel this way because I was sick from work and spent most of the day on the couch watching Season 3 of 'House'

I also have a horrible time keeping well-shaved.

And really, I don't understand the woot "get it" fetish. I understand the joke... it's a pie that's made like a pie chart. Does that somehow make it less bland or trite?

jawajohn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jawajohn

in for 1!

fruit cocktail

Sure I know what sex is....a kind of cake....right?

crv711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crv711

Brown woot shirts run small people so u may want 2 order a size up. I love woot but I just wish all the shirts fit the same...some run smaller/bigger than others depending on the color.fyi