bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
capttylor34 wrote:You should give him a little bit of a break. He is harassed every week on this site, by random people who spend too much time on this site. Anyone would start to lose their patience after a certain amount of time.

Agreed. His shirt designs aside, Cho has been a good and friendly member of this community and has taken *way* too much unjustified taunting and derision from a few members of this community. I think he is allowed, and has earned the right, to defend himself and even lose his temper after the year of weekly bile that has been spewed at him.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

capttylor34 wrote:You should give him a little bit of a break. He is harassed every week on this site, by random people who spend too much time on this site. Anyone would start to lose their patience after a certain amount of time.

I agree, because someone is successful on this site I think people feel like they have free reign to say whatever they want about them, then when they actually <gasp> stand up for themselves they have a bad attitude or are ranting or too sensitive or can't take a critique. If you had people analyzing and questioning your every move you might not be so quick to pass judgment on James. I think everything he said in his thread was spot on.

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
Re: The Hobby Train

I like the whole idea, but i'm not so sure about the colours. It's still good.

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

lynlynlora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynlynlora
Re: Let it show, let it snow

ahhh frick. why do the ones I want never print? It's like they don't want my money or something.

Jimmy... Is That You?, F5 Refreshes You!, At Last We Meet..., When Life Gives You Lemons, What Kitty?, 1986: The Legend Was Born, New Kid In Town, Fat Unicorn, The Cake is a Liar, Plan B, Eight Fists of Death, Rampage Wear, Easy Optimism, Tuesday's Gonna Be Rough, The Epic Begins, One more gargleblaster!, The Original Blue Hedgehog, Sun Wukong, The Monkey King, Navy Seals, Running Wild, I'm Sorry, Winning the Race, Read a Book, How We Roll

...and very proud of it.

treebirdoctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treebirdoctopus
lynlynlora wrote:ahhh frick. why do the ones I want never print? It's like they don't want my money or something.

Couldn't agree more. I'm more than bummed this one lost.

jal392

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jal392

amazing!

jal392

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jal392

amazing!

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
BootsBoots wrote:Agreed and well said by both of you. But, to play devil's advocate, you guys have to admit that you get some votes tossed your way just because you're both really good designers and have a decent fan base. ...

While this is true (and very well said) it should also be pointed out (mostly for the benefit of the haters) that in addition to the fan base, there are voters who specifically will not vote for a shirt just because they got caught up in the whole conspiracy theory thing.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
BootsBoots wrote:Agreed and well said by both of you. But, to play devil's advocate, you guys have to admit that you get some votes tossed your way just because you're both really good designers and have a decent fan base. You know... (some) people WANT to like your current designs because they like your past designs. They have it in their heads that you're good and whatever you do will be good.

Really? That's weird. I never even look at who designs the shirts. I vote and then sometimes I read the comments and see who designed them, but never just to vote.

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
Re: Pocket Dinosaur

Sweet! I just saw that this jumped into the fog before voting closed. I can only hope that it jumped 2 spaces & not just 1. Come on dinosaur! I want to buy my nephew a cool woot shirt!

lindalaverty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindalaverty

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
lynlynlora wrote:ahhh frick. why do the ones I want never print? It's like they don't want my money or something.

Same here, first south vs east, now this. Majorly disappointed. Radiomode, please submit this elsewhere when the time limit is up. Every derby it seems to be the same thing.

Xzanthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xzanthis
mrtonyclifton wrote:best shirt. should win, but probably won't. people only vote for squids or octopi.

Thanks, glad you like it. I think I could have made the composition a little more shirt friendly. It works as a prtin a lot better than a shirt. I also could have made it "Squidlection" I suppose! But live and learn I guess. Thanks for your support!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Ditto. Instead we get a shirt that should have been rejected due to similar shirts existing, and a shirt design that's so dark it probably won't even show up when printed. Hooray. At least my husband will be happy I'm not buying another shirt this weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Doitle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doitle

Migration? You mean this still has a chance of being printed? Hot dog I was so sad when this one didn't win but if there's still a chance I am excited again!

toe2254 wrote:generally i let the design dictate the shirt color, so the logical choice for this design seemed to be brown. if woot offered more colors we designers would have more options but they don't. still, thanks for the vote. i was hoping to at least make the top ten but it doesn't seem likely either.

not sure when migration will be available, but i think it's 30 days. if it were up to me i'd make the prices lower in the shop, but spreadshirt makes the lion's share of the price and i got a rather small percentage of it. thanks for your support!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Keelmy wrote:You could possibly do this right now if you think about it. Buy one shirt per account until you have 1,000 acounts. That's 1k votes but I have faith that this sort of shenanigans would raise a few flags over at el officina de woot.

That might not be as easy as it sounds. I think you have to have a different credit card or something for each account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

FishRockette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FishRockette
dcors wrote:[when a shirt doesnt win, where do people sell them at? I would love to have some of the ones that just don't make it into the fog but I can't seem to find them anywhere else.

Yeah me too!

FishRockette

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FishRockette
dcors wrote:[when a shirt doesnt win, where do people sell them at? I would love to have some of the ones that just don't make it into the fog but I can't seem to find them anywhere else.

Yeah me too!

lwoodnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwoodnj
IndependentVik wrote:Ya know, I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure David was just being facetious.

If that is the case:

Terrible, terrible Joke.

If not, I stand by my original statement.

I think that covers all the bases.
Any other interpretations?

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

I mourn for the penguin. I was pullin' for him.

Carpe shirtem!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
SailorButterfly wrote:Ditto. Instead we get a shirt that should have been rejected due to similar shirts existing, and a shirt design that's so dark it probably won't even show up when printed. Hooray. At least my husband will be happy I'm not buying another shirt this weekend.

Sailor butterfly, I've been biting my tongue (not even sure why) but this has finally cured me of my Woot addiction (especially in terms of shirt woot). One design most probably will print badly (respected artists here told them this but it was perceived as a big conspiracy against them) while the other is so similar to existing shirts it's crazy. I thought that was the major rule about the designs. After all, we see it every week. Why was the elephant with the red balloon rejected. Why was sokowa's that other time when others just blithely stayed in the fog. I guess it's all about the masses and the benjamins.

I'll be buying from other sites now and not even bothering to vote in derbies. The priorities here are really messed up.

lwoodnj

ISO30 wrote:No, really. Same applies to fireants. I specifically chose just a regular ant for my piece because to depict a fireant would of course require the ant to be aflame, which wouldn't work well in the snowy environment.

I don't know what your shirt is, nor will I bother to find out.

However, if you wanted to draw red ants that bite and you did not because you believed calling them fire ants would require they be on fire, I can be fairly certain that there is little to no hope of anything you did being less contrived than that belief, so I doubt I'm missing out on anything.

Thanks for clarifying though!

lwoodnj

prateeko wrote:I see. I would have thought it makes sense to be in the center of the shirt since it's central to our development and biology :p

Who cares?
No one. No one cares about your idea, and no one thinks it's cleverer, and trust me, NO ONE would prefer to have you designing this shirt.

That might be the worst reason ever to put something in the center of something else.

- "Hey, why does your shirt look like carp?"
- "Oh, because genetics are central to our development and biology so I had to put it here."
- "Oh...that's really, really stupid."

We all appreciate your input.

xkrimsonheartx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xkrimsonheartx
Re: The Dandy Lion

this design is simple and cute. I'd definitely buy this shirt.. crossing my fingers, hope it wins ^_^

Rybe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rybe

): Nuuuuu I was so looking forward to buying this shirt ; ;

lwoodnj

AdderXYU wrote:Allow me to shock you then.

I just cannot get into this "style" of splotchy backgrounds and lines that look like they bled ink. To me this is one more example of wooters being unable to really analyze what they're voting for

To me, this is just one more example of people using the word "wooters". That seriously needs to stop. I can take you about as seriously when you say that as I can when someone uses the word "Sheeple".

Was your anger over this shirt absolved in the same way my anger towards you was by posting?

lwoodnj

jjtenbensel wrote:I love your execution and style in this, but it does remind me a lot of this.

I'd love your execution.

Of course, I could be wrong. I'm sure there's a strong possibility that the artist saw a picture of umbrellas on some weird, random site and said: Here, here is my source of inspiration, here is what I will copy. And sure, maybe the two designs have only the idea of a dandelion in common, but COME ON, isn't that enough to convict a man of plagiarism? I mean, how many people could possibly find dandelions appealing in art? Like, 2? It's possible I should be down on my knees thanking you for your swift, efficient detective work in uncovering this heinous plot.

Of course, more likely, you're just a moron.

How did you even find that?

Twistedmonkey22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
lwoodnj wrote:Who cares?
No one. No one cares about your idea, and no one thinks it's cleverer, and trust me, NO ONE would prefer to have you designing this shirt.

That might be the worst reason ever to put something in the center of something else.

- "Hey, why does your shirt look like carp?"
- "Oh, because genetics are central to our development and biology so I had to put it here."
- "Oh...that's really, really stupid."

We all appreciate your input.

you know you don't have to be so harsh, its a neat idea, although not applicable to the coolness of this shirt.

lwoodnj

iris420 wrote:Definitely fits the theme. I used to stare into the snow globe I had as a child and wish that I could live there instead of the real world I actually lived in.

The snow globes I owned tended to just be snow, a desolate wasteland void of all life, joy and happiness in which human beings wandered in the blinding, relentless rush of ice and water burning their skin and eyes until finally they collapsed and the snow buried their frozen, life-less bodies and they were forgotten, completely alone, their final tears immortalized in glass-like-ice across their eyes.

But yeah, totally.

crazyharry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyharry
ricerocketeer wrote:I'm surprised no one else thought of this.

I thought about something similar but didn't have time to finish it. Wasn't executed nearly as well as this one though. That's ok, I'm just practicing at this point, maybe some day I'll have a design good enough to make the fog.

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
AdderXYU wrote:Allow me to shock you then.

I just cannot get into this "style" of splotchy backgrounds and lines that look like they bled ink. To me this is one more example of wooters being unable to really analyze what they're voting for

I am so glad that are on this site to continuously point out to us 'ignorant' wooters what true tee-shirt art is all about. You are a shining beacon of hope, showing the poor misguided rabble here at Woot what true tee-shirt artistry is all about. Please forgive all of the many misguided fools who voted for shirts that you didn't like. Anyone who created something as beautiful as this is truly a tee-shirt master.

garot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garot
AdderXYU wrote:It's not that he even has sources. It looks common. It looks thoughtless. It looks like the imitation of art. It's not that he uses vector art, but it has that same impersonal look, that same generic feel. It's almost all in the same "style", but I don't see much of anything stylistic. It's an Emperor Has No Clothes situation to me.

Hey numnuts, if you could actually draw you might even be worth listening to.

Until then: S.T.F.U

k thx

ellobie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellobie

WANT!

lwoodnj

snarkygal wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Concur.

jasontromm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontromm
Re: Pocket Dinosaur

I'd love to be able to buy one of these for my son. It would look so cute on him!

Jason A. Trommetter

bitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz
Oeberon wrote:People thought it was more birds?! I want some of what they're smokin'! How can anyone think the shoe is anything but a shoe? They've gotta be the same people who can't see the vase in the left image and the faces in the right image here and, thus, would never appreciate any negative space design like this unless it came with an interpreter.

I thought this was an excellent design and you GMV. And I love that the volcano is erupting in your re-sub which also GMV.

Hey thanks alot, its appreciated

paulhep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulhep

Too bad it didn't win. Hey maybe you should submit it to the shirt contest at www.bluehouseskis.com

GO VOTE!! This shirt is the Awesomeest!!! supermegavirus

darkcape

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkcape

Cho I totally agree and look forward to buying this tonight at midnight :-)

jamescho84 wrote:Incredible. Are you all grown ups? Seriously.. i'm dumbfounded. What the frak is wrong with you people. Let's get back to reality for a moment - This is a frakking T-SHIRT SITE. .

crowjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crowjane
krouth wrote:I am so glad that are on this site to continuously point out to us 'ignorant' wooters what true tee-shirt art is all about. You are a shining beacon of hope, showing the poor misguided rabble here at Woot what true tee-shirt artistry is all about. Please forgive all of the many misguided fools who voted for shirts that you didn't like. Anyone who created something as beautiful as this is truly a tee-shirt master.

hahha... i laughed out loud. xD

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Jacuzzeggs

Charm and whimsy have served you well. You Have Been Blogged.