visix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages visix

Buying this shirt if it gets top three.

StealThisGirl29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StealThisGirl29
WriteWay wrote:It's pretty and all, but what exactly is it envious about?

they are envious of the stars.

knightvision3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knightvision3d
Re: Lust is Like a Flame

Congrats on the fog, and an amazing design! I predict you will rack up residuals in Woots top sellers for weeks at the very least. Well done

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
IndependentVik wrote:Always happy to see derby entrants who are are informed, at least in part, by old school comics. If you don't mind my asking, me and another guy on here were yakking about Frank Miller. Is he an influence at all, in general or in this piece?

G'luck with this one. It looks like you've got a good shot at printing again. I'm in for one if you do.

i'm a big Frank Miller fan. but this piece isn't inspired by him at all. i don't think it looks anything like his stuff, to be honest.

KrazyKelz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KrazyKelz
Re: Cathedral of Lust

I freaking love this shirt so much. I really hope it wins because....welpz...

I WANT ONE!!!!! (really bad) =P

I might just be lusting after this extremely lusty shirt of lustfulness. =)~

Optimator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Optimator
Re: Restroom Sloth

It's funny, but i can't imagine wearing a shirt woth a roll of toilet paper on it

sublime3sixteen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sublime3sixteen

I'm positive this will get in. And I'm buying it. Awesome.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
mjc613 wrote:Congrats on tonight's shirt, radio!

Thank you!

cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez
Re: Gluttony: I can't believe I ate the whole village

No, this is perfect! probably one of the only 2 i would buy from this derby. I LIKE that the dragon looks fat and happy. it doesn't seem preachy. after all, if you were a dragon, wouldn't that be totally awesome? knowing you ate a whole village? the only thing i might add is like a cauldron of dipping sauce (spicy bbq). . . AWESOME

cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez
Re: Wrath for peace

YES! I love it. Concept and execution, both brilliant. Cynical without going over the top.

moran31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moran31
thatrobert wrote:

Thank You, that really means alot to me.

areneek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages areneek
maxikyd wrote:whatever...it's beautiful. I love it.

thnx

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Oeberon wrote:Just out of sheer curiosity....if you knew it resembled someone else's design, why would you not change it before submitting it?

because it's really not similar enough to be a problem? doesn't really matter since it's not even close to winning.

happy thxgiving everybody! don't be gluttons!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
MaliceDR wrote:Very nice! GMV. I don't see myself using this for wearing, though (wink wink, nudge nudge).

Oh, ew....

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
Kidgoldstein wrote: more lifelike.

Good! :D

silvurhuntress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silvurhuntress

**WANT!**

Snivets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Snivets

ohmigod, this is so awesome! Fantastic symbolism and style, too. :-)

Lovv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lovv

Brilliant use of colors. I'm not sure about the placement of it but I do love the design. :D

thatwouldbefun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatwouldbefun

Congratulations and thank you, Mamagiraffe, for your entry. "Height Envy" has been a pleasure to watch and from the amount of time it was in the top four and at or near the top of "New Hotness" I would guess that it finished first or second. I look forward to buying a few of your shirts. I was intrigued by the amount of drama that "Height Envy" generated and I was impressed by how well you took the "ridiculous" criticism that you got. I look forward to seeing any more of your entries and I'm interested in any of your other artwork. Do you have a website or anything on display elsewhere online?

thatwouldbefun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatwouldbefun
Re: Height Envy

Congratulations and thank you, Mamagiraffe, for your entry. "Height Envy" has been a pleasure to watch and from the amount of time it was in the top four and at or near the top of "New Hotness" I would guess that it finished first or second. I look forward to buying a few of your shirts. I was intrigued by the amount of drama that "Height Envy" generated and I was impressed by how well you took the "ridiculous" criticism that you got. I look forward to seeing any more of your entries and I'm interested in any of your other artwork. Do you have a website or anything on display elsewhere online?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: delicious gluttony

Depressingly undervoted.

Please accept my blog as a consolation prize.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: delicious gluttony

Ah, there it is. The weekly bit of skirochester brilliance. As always, excellent work. Hopefully one day the woot voters will recognize your talent and give you the votes you deserve.

aluna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluna
Re: Wrath

amazing detail. Well done.

aluna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluna
Re: A Slothly Sloth repents for Slothful Slothliness

Awwwww, he looks so happy! I love it!

Adrenalin101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adrenalin101
Re: TOWER ENVY

very nice man, good luck!

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia

I really like the color choices here. The muted, monochromatic tones keep the shirt whimsical, but not over-the-top cartoony or strictly childish. It's a nice simple, clean palette.

I would say GMV, but voting has already closed. I was too busy w/ T-giving prep to remember to check the derby this week. Good luck on getting printed-- 75% chance is pretty good, though. ^_^

spartacus717

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartacus717

congrats on the print!

they totally screwed up the meaning in the intro to it though...

i didn't take it to mean lust as in love, like woot said, i thought it meant actual lust. more biblical interp i guess.

anyway, grats.

MicronXD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD
prateeko wrote:I think the design is cool but I'm tired of the off-center placement a lot of shirts on woot have since it leaves so much empty/unused space.

I do, however, think the face through the flames is done very well (not making a comment on originality since I doubt many original things can come up with a prompt as generic as the 7 sins...)

mine(green with envy) was original... imo at least :P

MicronXD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD
AnnaJo wrote:This is all I have time for in terms of a tutorial. I've done something like this before to show my flame work, but maybe some of you haven't seen it. So here it is!

ty ^ ^

I'll examine this and try to reverse engineer ur process and in the future, b'z in t3h durbiz stealen ur votez!!! muwahwahwahwahwa!!!! jk I would never do a thing devious as that... *shifty eyes*

Oeberon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oeberon
eHalcyon wrote:If you click on the post number in the top right corner it will take you to the comment in the derby comment thread (rather than in the individual shirt threads). There, you will see an edit link for your post.

Ahhh. Thank you very much!

Imagine that! My Join Date is a palindrome: 8-11-8
It's finally available!

nyman030

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyman030
Re: Restroom Sloth

Brilliant. Very clever. I only wish I was bold enough to wear it around my roommate...and everywhere else on Earth.

Myckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Myckie

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy

I am really bummed that this shirt did not make it. What makes it worse are the god-awful designs that _did_ make it. Seriously? F**king cartoon pigeons?? Woot! needs a "girl.short.woot" and a "guy.shirt.woot" because I am tired of seeing carp aimed at 14 year old girls and soccer moms.

I hope you find excuse to get this design in again in a future derby.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

ninjvampirate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjvampirate

i would buy this shirt because i love samurai and i love the Japanese culture. except, the problem is, I am SO partial to Japanese culture that it bothers me to see a samurai showing such emotions...as it was their tradition to show no emotion at all, as they saw emotion as wekaness.

limepinkchuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limepinkchuck
artulo wrote:how many can you eat at once?

I want one of thse shirts!!!

mamaGiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaGiraffe
thatwouldbefun wrote:Congratulations and thank you, Mamagiraffe, for your entry. "Height Envy" has been a pleasure to watch and from the amount of time it was in the top four and at or near the top of "New Hotness" I would guess that it finished first or second. I look forward to buying a few of your shirts. I was intrigued by the amount of drama that "Height Envy" generated and I was impressed by how well you took the "ridiculous" criticism that you got. I look forward to seeing any more of your entries and I'm interested in any of your other artwork. Do you have a website or anything on display elsewhere online?

I'm so excited that I made it to the fog, and that I stayed there once I got there! Thanks so much, everyone, for all the votes and comments! I hope mine gets printed, and if it does, I hope you all enjoy it!!
I'm pretty new at the t-shirt design; you can see my other designs by clicking on them in my signature. I do have a website for other artwork..... it is not finished, but if you're interested in seeing a little bit of my stuff, it's on www.ericaesser.com

ArgyleOnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArgyleOnion

I want this shirt times 3...love it! Hope it wins!!!!

warsawgirl83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warsawgirl83

i want one!!

warsawgirl83

Re: Green with Envy!

i want one!!

warsawgirl83

i want one!!