nontypicalmale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nontypicalmale

First time wooter here... and I must say, I'm no millionaire, so i've been picky; waiting and checking the shirt on sale every single day for months. Great buy, and I'm glad to have it as my first, and hopefully not last

Azazelthefallen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Azazelthefallen

Question: How small do these shirts run here? I usually wear a mens small, would it be wise to get a one size larger as the site suggests?

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles
dsatele wrote:Just for kicks, I e-mailed the owner of the photo in question and he kindly confirmed that the rights to use the photo weren't purchased until December 9th, the day the shirt went up for sale.

Tsk Tsk Tsk woot.

just so you know the broccoli incident isn't forgotten yet...

edit: I forgot to mention that the quote above was dated Dec. 18th.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

seriously? Seriously? -this- wins instead of the kitty and the dog? -shakes head- the kitty shirt has a million uses and a million different places it can be worn and each person who sees it will go 'awww, i love your shirt'.

this is good for maybe halloween and anything emo that needs complaining about. people will see this, and you know what they'll say? they'll say 'hmm. i don't get it. maybe if it was a kitty and a dog..'

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Azazelthefallen wrote:Question: How small do these shirts run here? I usually wear a mens small, would it be wise to get a one size larger as the site suggests?

I don't really think so, I'm quite tall and generally fluctuate between men's medium and men's large, but I always go for medium from woot- you can check the sizing chart though and try to estimate your measurements if you are concerned about it

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles
byrbwr wrote:seriously? Seriously? -this- wins instead of the kitty and the dog? -shakes head- the kitty shirt has a million uses and a million different places it can be worn and each person who sees it will go 'awww, i love your shirt'.

this is good for maybe halloween and anything emo that needs complaining about. people will see this, and you know what they'll say? they'll say 'hmm. i don't get it. maybe if it was a kitty and a dog..'

I know! You could have the cute little puppy on one side of the design and the adorable kitten on the other side and have Death in the exact middle - not being able to decide which one to take and thus is locked in logical confusion. The thing that Wikipedia begins describing by "Buridan's ass is a figurative description of a man of indecision."

edit: I forgot to mention - both the wonderful little dog and delightful kitten would have incredible smirks of optimism on their faces knowing that neither is gonna get the "axe".

GluonConcerto

quality posts: 9 Private Messages GluonConcerto
waacodemon wrote:today it hit 11, pretty good today, we are gettin a storm tomorrow tho... and a few days ago, with the blizzard was -40 with wind chill.. yea, go outside in a sweat shirt... damn wisconsenite... get a brain!!! (just given ya cr.ap, ... GO VIKINGS!!!) haha

but yea, its damn cold, and i hate minnesota!!

You guys and your cold weather...you should come out here to so-cal, it got down to 45 today and that's considered really cold! :D

And yesterday it like, rained all day, and I was like, ovaltina my goat what's the deal!!! </valley girl>

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
GluonConcerto wrote:You guys and your cold weather...you should come out here to so-cal, it got down to 45 today and that's considered really cold! :D

What? That's still above 0 C (32 F). It's not cold until it goes below 0 F. Come to Canada.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
byrbwr wrote:seriously? Seriously? -this- wins instead of the kitty and the dog? -shakes head- the kitty shirt has a million uses and a million different places it can be worn and each person who sees it will go 'awww, i love your shirt'.

I laughed. xD

KeyserSoze33

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeyserSoze33
bumpass wrote:Welcome to blackdom. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta... and also have 25 or so great shirts.

Yea, it's all downhill from here. Damn you woot!

*shakes fist*

whorlwind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whorlwind

My first woot shirt order. I love the perky goth look.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ramyb wrote:I wasn't aiming to beat any records, but this is definitely way more of a response than I expected for this shirt, I am very excited about it :D I think a big part of it, though, is that woot is just getting bigger. And thanks so much

Actually, it IS much lighter. I checked it against your original submission. It looks like you originally coloured the squirrel with pantone 7412 C, which is a rich, deep orange-brown. Instead, Woot here used pantone 721 C. I think the original looked better.

Forgot to say it earlier - mad props on the reaper. It looks better here than in your original comp because it was a bit blurry with artifacts and such. Also didn't notice the halftone skull-shadow in the original comp - it's a very nice detail.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Hengehog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Hengehog

I also did not see the skull. it adds more depth and an added bonus to the Grim Reaper

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas

This would have a least been wearable without the squirrel...the grim reaper is actually pretty cool. Why do you people keep including stupid frogs, turtles, etc in your designs? Must be getting your 'awesome' ideas from the childrens department at walmart or something eh? Whootshirt, you suck. Who keeps voting for this garbage?

cliffhopper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cliffhopper

does this remind anyone else of conker's bad fur day for N64?

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I said I looked forward to being able to buy this... my optimism paid off! In for one.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
ionix wrote:Im very happy with this shirt. This is actually my first woot shirt I bought I got a Medium I hope it doesnt shrink like crazy in the washer.

I hope you're not disappointed. I like to wear slightly loose-fitting t-shirts (there's no six-pack to show off here). I have many medium t-shirts that I've purchased over the years, and they all fit just right. I order the Woot! shirts (from American Apparel) in XL to get the same fit I get in any other brand's medium. My boss recently ordered his first Woot! shirt in medium (because that's his normal size)...he had to give it to his 11-year-old son. They don't shrink when washed, they're just that small from the start.

Oh, and in for one. My friends have called me Death for years (it's a long story), and I've always liked squirrels (they're all named George, you know).

DustyChalk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DustyChalk

Hurray! In for 3...I so <3...

I remain,
:-Peter, aka :-Dusty :-Chalk

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

hope these don't sell out. i'm broke

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bpr2 wrote:hope these don't sell out. i'm broke

Just buy them the next day. They'll still be there, just at $15 instead of $10.

Realistically, you'd WANT them to sell out so they stay on the reckoning list longer... But damn my logic and all, if you wish, and hope they don't sell out.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

ya see, the squirrel, so timid and meek, is not intimidated by The Grim Reaper. He offers him an acorn, and says "Here, Mr. Death...cheer up"........

I'm definitely rockin' this one on Christmas Eve with my family!
(that means = I'm in for one)

stunna123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunna123

AMAZING!
in for 2

xupthree60

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xupthree60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rW-YvYmUE

djatwill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djatwill

Nice shirt in the mood of Christmas too.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Teknikas wrote:This would have a least been wearable without the squirrel...the grim reaper is actually pretty cool. Why do you people keep including stupid frogs, turtles, etc in your designs? Must be getting your 'awesome' ideas from the childrens department at walmart or something eh? Whootshirt, you suck. Who keeps voting for this garbage?

Um, because something along the lines of the squirrel was necessary for artistic juxtaposition and because the theme of the derby was OPTIMISM.

As for who keeps voting for this "garbage," apparently enough people for this to receive the second highest vote total in shirt.woot's history.

I find it funny that you're so against "stupid" animals, but think the shirt would have been wearable with just the grim reaper. The squirrel is the ONLY thing that saves this shirt from not being completely goth and distinguishes it from something you could find at Hot Topic.

I love the design of the reaper, but combined with the squirrel, it's THAT much better.

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref

Yay! I'm SO glad this shirt got printed. Such an fun and artistic design.

Albireo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Albireo

Yeah, I'm with you, man. Who cares about the more than 800 people who voted in favor of the winning shirt, rather than our endeavor to attract people with kitties and doggies on our manbreasts!

Haters! Homewreckers! The lot of them!

GwenMarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GwenMarie
mouseandcat wrote:I've heard of the Death of Rats, but the Death of Squirrels?

I was so hoping I wasn't the only one who thought this was Discworld-esque

My woots: Screaming Monkey, Random Crap, Sandisk Sansa View 8GB
Shirt woots: Now Let Me Get This Straight, Happy Birthday to Us, Hungry Bento, Jimmy... Is That You?, Tuesday is Gonna be Rough, Friends are Forever, Donut Panic!, Random Shirt, Ghosties, You are a Pirate!, Pirate Exercise, Random Shirt, PAINata, Cake or Pi?, Nevermore

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass

Well maybe you should have gotten your 1800 kitten/puppy-loving friends to vote for the shirt you are referencing then... Did you?... No?... Well then myself and 1799 others would beg to differ. This shirt has just as many uses if not more. It has the "awww" factor you're looking for while at the same time adding the juxtaposition of the "death" factor as well. The best of two worlds AND most importantly, it makes good use of this week's theme.

toxichobo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toxichobo

I hope the squirrel is decently sized. First time ordering something on the first day it's out - yay for 5$ savings

JerraCom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JerraCom

In for 1, SoCal

crossgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crossgirl

Yay!! First shirt I'm tempted by in weeks. Congrats, I love it. Now if only I had the $10. Damn, damn, damn.

crossgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crossgirl

What the hell, I've got a credit card and it's Christmas and if I call it a gift for my boy then I won't feel guilty. In for 1!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

Congrats Ramyb on your second print Nice job!

aluna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluna

Ohh, so cute and disturbing at the same time! Love it!!! Well Done. Cheers Wooters!

bhousler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhousler

very very similar to a shirt sold on burnswell.com (under construction now)

bugladen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugladen

In for 1. I try to stay away from the cutesy designs, but this excellent!

My 18th woot..... Woot!

"Go then Gunslinger, there are other worlds than these..."
Jake, from The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger by Stephen King

wilhelk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wilhelk

That description was awesome... Come Squirrel, your time is at an end... haha

mactraveler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mactraveler
JadenKale wrote:You damn Minnesotans... can't you learn to adjust to the cold like the Wisconsinites do? I'm still wearing a sweatshirt only, in most cases. When the wind chill is bad, then I'll change my mind and put on the coat.

i think those crazy north dakotians got ya both beat. i went visiting there in mid-winter one year and there was a 'heatwave' in the middle of my visit... the temp was 33 degrees outdoors. driving around in that blazing sun, i saw dakotians in shorts, washing their cars in driveways.

deebaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebaser

I hope Easy Optimism is tomorrow. I haven't wooted in months and now I finally see two things in the fog Id buy. Great theme!

(Oh yeah, in before sold out)

I love everything about this shirt.
I just can't see wearing it.
Also I dislike the color...
... and the graphic.
/end typical shirt.woot commenter (Csmos)