ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
AdderXYU wrote:Like Andy Kaufman and Tony Clifton?

And here I was hoping you would come and comment that this was a intricate, detailed and complex design :P

Geoff12889

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Geoff12889
ramyb wrote:And here I was hoping you would come and comment that this was a intricate, detailed and complex design :P

Wow, very impressive you guys! I'm kinda noob around here, and I'm interested in doing some shirts for the shirt.woot derbies. Do you guys have any suggestions on how your work flow goes. Do you 1st. Draw it on paper 2nd. Scan it to computer 3rd. Trace it in Illustrator? Or something like that. I'm always impressed at how good everyone is on here, and it's seems like you get them out so quickly.

ramyb

Geoff12889 wrote:Wow, very impressive you guys! I'm kinda noob around here, and I'm interested in doing some shirts for the shirt.woot derbies. Do you guys have any suggestions on how your work flow goes. Do you 1st. Draw it on paper 2nd. Scan it to computer 3rd. Trace it in Illustrator? Or something like that. I'm always impressed at how good everyone is on here, and it's seems like you get them out so quickly.

Thanks so much I can't really speak for many other artists, but I sketch with a drawing tablet directly and then lineart over it (in this case stopping at the point of lineart) Hope that helps

78LAYERS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 78LAYERS
mwace wrote:Grah! Get back into the fog! I want this shirt =-(

Thanks for the comment. I was happy to be in the fog at all, but to have it printed would be awesome. Tried to make this more of a wearable than a theme so hopefully it becomes one! If you get the chance, check out my other entry I did tonight called "Da Bomb Line". Thx again

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
sekiyoku wrote:Can you guess who did which half? xD

Looks seamless to me. Hmm.... the tiger's right ear is less filled and the right eyebrow seems thicker. Clearly that means ramyb did the right side of the tiger (left to the viewer). Don't ask me why it's clearly so.

Edit: Or is the split between top and bottom? I think ramyb did the rear. ramyb and rear both start with the letter R - a very clear correlation.

AdderXYU wrote:Like Andy Kaufman and Tony Clifton?

I'm uncultured or something so I had to look those names up. Are you suggesting that they're the same person? Are you a fan of Kaufman/Clifton and thus giving them a compliment?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Had to resub this because I didn't like my previous detail image. Anyway, to recap, I only had enough time to do something simple. My cat was a great model for this one. This probably can't compete with the beautiful artistic entries this derby, but I wanted to do at least something.

Geoff12889

ramyb wrote:Thanks so much I can't really speak for many other artists, but I sketch with a drawing tablet directly and then lineart over it (in this case stopping at the point of lineart) Hope that helps

When you sketch do you sketch right into Illustrator using the brush tool or something? Then do you go over it with the pen tool to get the lines and everything how you like? If you don't want to give out your "secrets" that's fine, I'm just wondering how you put out such awesome designs! BTW I voted for this shirt!

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Owl

jimibird flies in and takes the derby.

oh and i will now totally call someone a g@y g@ytard just to see the look they give me for it. thx for that.

ramyb

Geoff12889 wrote:When you sketch do you sketch right into Illustrator using the brush tool or something? Then do you go over it with the pen tool to get the lines and everything how you like? If you don't want to give out your "secrets" that's fine, I'm just wondering how you put out such awesome designs! BTW I voted for this shirt!

Actually, I use a program called open canvas for my lineart (from portalgraphics.net) for both the sketch and the lineart (no illustrator involved here)- and thanks for the vote :D

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
jimiyo wrote:hey friends.

:D

i shoulda submitted to DBH. looks neat as a one color full frontal!

but what full frontals... dont look neat..
YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN!

im hoping super huge prints go out of style 2009. let's get back to modesty!

who's with me?!

I'm with ya!

Conrads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conrads
Re: Endless Pulse

That is a really cool shirt...but dont doesn't the derby require a start and end point? your connects.

Conrads

Re: HAZARDOUS!

prettty sweet shirt man.

Conrads

prettty sweet shirt man.

Conrads

prettty sweet shirt man.

Conrads

Re: Here They be Monsters

awesome shirt man

Conrads

Re: From the Ashes

that's a really nice shirt design

Conrads

Re: Heartbeat

That is one sweet shirt...

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

This GMV, even before I was biased due to knowing the author. :P

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Line-O-Quill

Here is number 3.
This is a shout out to the old school designers on woot... real old, almost dead.

Comments are welcome! Cheers!

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

Oh... and i just noticed the title sounds like a type of cough medicine.

Geoff12889

ramyb wrote:Actually, I use a program called open canvas for my lineart (from portalgraphics.net) for both the sketch and the lineart (no illustrator involved here)- and thanks for the vote :D

Cool. I noticed that the program is in Japanese (or Chinese or Korean). Does it have support for English?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Line-O-Quill

lkackman wrote:Here is number 3.
This is a shout out to the old school designers on woot... real old, almost dead.

Comments are welcome! Cheers!

It would help people find your design if you didn't delete the default quote when you comment on your design. It contains the design title and your design detail image, linked.

I like this, but I'm a sucker for anything that has to do with poetry and prose.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

rejecteddounut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rejecteddounut
ramyb wrote:That's actually the only animal on there, the rest are all imaginary

How is the alligator the only animal on there and the rest are imaginary? ... Perhaps it's too late in the night, but I'm seeing tons. (or if you want to go for the literal sort of way. I'm seeing none because you're not supergluing a real elephant to the shirt)

ramyb

Geoff12889 wrote:Cool. I noticed that the program is in Japanese (or Chinese or Korean). Does it have support for English?

Theres a button on the site that switches everything to English for you (just look for the word English in the bottom right)

thembfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thembfam

My first entry ever! Hope everyone likes it okay. This has been more fun than anything and I am definitely going to start joining in every week!

ramyb

rejecteddounut wrote:How is the alligator the only animal on there and the rest are imaginary? ... Perhaps it's too late in the night, but I'm seeing tons. (or if you want to go for the literal sort of way. I'm seeing none because you're not supergluing a real elephant to the shirt)

I was just kidding about that, last time I counted I found around 28 animals (plus the ones that are in the back, of course), but the number changes every time, I swear- how many do you see?

dhhclaremont

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhhclaremont

Anyhoo, this is a resubmit...changed the design detail.

Re: Bright Idea

matthematical

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthematical
uglyfatjoe wrote:I can't believe this was rejected...it looks like one line to me.

woot seems to be very inconsistent with who they are rejecting for the various line thickness rule as "filled" in objects.

Geoff12889

ramyb wrote:Theres a button on the site that switches everything to English for you (just look for the word English in the bottom right)

Awesome, thanks. I'll try definitely try out this program.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
SailorButterfly wrote:Love it! The only one I don't get is the last one on the top line.

It's Snake in a box.

Thanks for all the comments <3

isotopian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isotopian
fwed1 wrote:It does say no portal designs in the rules.

Plus that pun was just TERRIBLE :P

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

yincat-yangcat

Cats and toy mouse... one line squiggly thing based on an original sketch I came up with last night. Definitely an interesting exercise. Thanks for your votes, and especially comments.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Ablaze

Love the red on black, love the design. Totally got my vote.

ferfong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferfong
littlejetties wrote:Please ignore the pixelly nature of the image. As usual, it was just a result of shrinking the image for submission.

Thanks for looking.

I really like this one! Then again, fibonacci numbers amuse me, so I guess I'm a little biased. What color is your shirt, there? My monitor is making it hard to tell today...

Check out JAKKL, Inc.'s Android apps!

ferfong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferfong
eHalcyon wrote:Goes well with Row vs. Wade?

Good lord, that's terrible.

And I laughed and laughed.

I like the simplicity of this one, although I do think the immediate association with wire hangers is either:

1) Joan Crawford
or
2) Row vs. Wade ;]

Check out JAKKL, Inc.'s Android apps!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: yincat-yangcat

man thats kinda awesome... its so subtle. i wonder if its like the mock up where one will only be able to see it from a distance.

cats. im a suckah for em.

marypuppe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marypuppe
Re: yincat-yangcat

I....wow. Just wow.
I love that people standing close to you may not know why you have a squiggle sphere on your shirt, but people across the room will assume you like cats.

Awesome.

I'm picky, I just don't always express it

Vote on Threadless!:

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

This one is great... I'm confused as to why it's rejected

fullah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fullah
Re: Home for the Holidays

haha cute shirt

smil3e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smil3e
NonDescript wrote:One of it's legs is the same

And how do you get down off an elephant?

....you don't - you get down off a duck.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.