Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
Re: Stick Figures Love Adder

I wound up buying the stick figure optimism shirt and remembered Adder's strong dislike for stick figure designs. I thought it was a great shirt and was artistically designed. It could be worse. The stick figures could have looked like the one in this picture.

<insert something witty>

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
Re: Ablaze

Oh my goodness, fog. Thank you so much for all the votes and kind comments, everyone. I was shocked to get such a response on my second design (which was really meant to be more of a self-indulgent design than anything)! But honestly, I'm very glad you guys like it; thanks again for all your support.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Kidgoldstein wrote:I wound up buying the stick figure optimism shirt and remembered Adder's strong dislike for stick figure designs. I thought it was a great shirt and was artistically designed. It could be worse. The stick figures could have looked like the one in this picture.

OH that is funny.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Stellardig wrote:Nice Job! Well Designed. Stellardig

@ phil - well, the thing of a snake eating things and them bulging is pretty common. There's a video game called snake. I thought it would be amusing if it ate video game characters. xD

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Mythic Creature [resub]

Reminds me of that cartoon gargoyles show they had during the 1990's, fond memories of that show...

Check out my blog:Here!

lkackman

beck9057 wrote:Sorry, but as much as i like this...it's not one continuous line...just sayin'.

I just noticed what you are talking about and have resubmitted it with a correction.

lkackman

Re: Line-O-Elephant

Yet another for the line derby... this makes 5. I am not sure if this is the last or not. Anyway, it's an elephant I had used in a previous derby reworked with one line. I know people don't always like the baby blue, but it looked the best for this design. Hope you enjoy it.

Comments are welcome! Cheers!

lkackman

Re: Line-O-Mask (resub line fix)

I fixed a spot i must have missed with my eyes. It is now truly one line.

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: There Is No Shortcut

If this one gets rejected, shouldn't all the ones with varying line length get rejected? Just wondering, or is this too blatant use of varying line length.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: Heartbeat

I'd be happy if this prints solely because it's a take on exactly what I wanted to see in the forums when I posted that someone should do a heart monitor inspired design.

That being said, I'm flipping my normal position on simplicity. In the past, I have defended shirts with stick figures and other simpler designs over complex entries because I think they look better on shirts and other reasons. However, specifically given THIS shirt and the rest of the, oh let's say, top 10, I'd say that there isn't anything in particular there that DOESN'T look good on a shirt, and I think the time and skill employed into a design at that point should be considered.

I mean, it's left up to the voters in the end. I suppose I just thought that with a derby like this, most people would stray away from simplicity and get REALLY creative.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Did anyone else immediately think of that awful song by Don Johnson when they saw this shirt???

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin
Re: Lit up ( or Burnt Out v.2)

Not to be a rebel, but I actually like the other one better. I guess mostly it's because the grey would look better on me. But also it's because, since it's inverted, the other one looks like it has shading with shadows and stuff, and I like that. It's a good design though. It almost looks like velvet.

killasandra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages killasandra
speedcheetah wrote:can anyone else not see this? i'm confused...

i can't see it either... and it happens to me every derby, there is always one i can't see

killasandra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages killasandra
Re: T-rex vs Parasaurolophus in one line

this design appears slightly messy and confusing... at least to me it looks like your t-rex has two bodies, or a second set of legs and tail coming off its side, rather than there being two dinosoars

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

I'm lmao at this one - it'll never print (and no offense, I probably wouldn't buy it) but it's downright hilarious

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
sundbe10 wrote:Resist is spelled with a circuit full of resistors. All puns intended.

Got my vote too. My favorite concept in the derby

Teknikas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teknikas
Re: Freedom Guitar

Sweet design dude, got my vote!

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah

i absolutely love this shirt. i absolutely hate how so many great shirt designs go unnoticed and are passed over because of the fickleness of wooters. come on people! what is up with you?!? GMV on a great design. Let me know if you are gonna put it up elsewhere for printing. thanks.

sharptoothpiranha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharptoothpiranha

way to capitalize

andystj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andystj

Would definitely wear it; it IS perfect for the gym.

I do think I would have preferred it if the heart were a little further to the right. More left center of chest than far left. Still great as is though.

;->

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason

I love the design...just wish it wasn't on brown...

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

TheLarrikin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarrikin

I wanted to use a chestnut, but shirt.woot doesn't offer it. And I don't think it would have pulled off well on creme. I was trying to stick to coffee colours.

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge

I like the placement on this shirt more.

capricornzzchild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capricornzzchild
Kidgoldstein wrote:In ways... this could be considered a soundwave... instead of a lifeline... but I feel you on the lifeline disgust.

funny you mention... my original idea was going to be a soundwave.. but a) it didn't turn out so well when I tried that, b) I think it's more powerful to have the heart associated with the music

altho I can see where the anger against the ekg images can come :-P

speedcheetah

me too. i find that very odd.

speedcheetah

ahh! ha ha ha

whadawino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whadawino
Re: redline

Wow, I like this.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
nbrosas wrote:If this one gets rejected, shouldn't all the ones with varying line length get rejected? Just wondering, or is this too blatant use of varying line length.

Woot is being inconsistent with their rules. I had a shirt get rejected, and yet there are other designs with the same "violation" that have not been rejected. I liked this design. I think it is still one line. I think your varying line thickness bends, but does not break the rules. I like it.

werikblack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werikblack
Sheneron wrote:Conrads good to see you. I beg you to not be a hurdle for this shirt to overcome. This is my real design thats why I submitted it. I like blank shirts, thats my deal. What do you have against them? Haven't you ever wanted to be normal?

Here ya go. Blank t-shirts as low as $1.59. :P

http://www.blankapparel.com/

Gotta admire your perseverance, I guess. My issue is that it seems that you're mocking the people who put a ton of time and effort into their designs.

FancyDad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FancyDad
Re: Line Play

I Like the creepy dug out faces

Spiteless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spiteless
Azadondo wrote:Great design that I would totally buy, but it is way to clever to win a derby. Do you design anywhere else?

Wow man, thanks for the compliment. That's the first design I've ever done. Is there another place I should be submitting my stuff for better results?

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

What do you mean?

wils9745 wrote:What is going on here

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
breckenedge wrote:Why? The whole point of the derby is that the most popular designs win...

So congrats on a popular design!

Sadly, too many people on this forum seem to think that T-Shirts should be artistically aesthetic pieces. They think the art on a T-Shirt should send a message, make people think, and impress yuppies across the world due to the deep meaning behind a design.

These people (Original content not provided.) to realize that it's a friggin' T-Shirt, and that the one criteria for any T-Shirt is how good it would look while being worn. You can show me the most ambitious, complex, drawing in the history of art on a shirt, but if I'm going to look like a fool while wearing it there's no chance I'd buy it.

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
breckenedge wrote:I don't know, there are a lot of people alive today, like 6 billion, man... and it would only take one living inside a whale at some point, and you'd be totally wrong... I guess I'm an optimist! :sarcasm:

Good design on the shirt, I would be down for two if this could get back into the fog!

ahuhu ... in the event I ever turn on CNN and the top story is about a man who spent time inside of a whale, I'll gladly eat my words. Until then I'm simply going to watch CNN to ogle Kiran Chetry ...

FancyDad

Jestik wrote:Did anyone else immediately think of that awful song by Don Johnson when they saw this shirt???

well now i am, thanks jerk.

philiph7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages philiph7
EricaWeasley wrote:I used to love this book! Great job!

Thanks!

FancyDad

TurboGraphx16 wrote:Sadly, too many people on this forum seem to think that T-Shirts should be artistically aesthetic pieces. They think the art on a T-Shirt should send a message, make people think, and impress yuppies across the world due to the deep meaning behind a design.

These people (Original content not provided.) to realize that it's a friggin' T-Shirt, and that the one criteria for any T-Shirt is how good it would look while being worn. You can show me the most ambitious, complex, drawing in the history of art on a shirt, but if I'm going to look like a fool while wearing it there's no chance I'd buy it.

amen

alh8422

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alh8422
Re: continuous solitude

love the color choices, voted~

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Wow! Thanks everyone for the huge number of votes and nice comments.

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
sekiyoku wrote:Thanks :D

@ phil - well, the thing of a snake eating things and them bulging is pretty common. There's a video game called snake. I thought it would be amusing if it ate video game characters. xD

Oh. OK. That makes sense.