i love this one

godfreytemple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godfreytemple
peron57 wrote:i love this one

Thank you! ^_^

moran31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moran31
Re: Fish Out of Water

I didnt have time to do much, but I wanted to put this up because I have been feeling like this lately. Hope you all enjoy, thanks

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Mythic Creature [resub]

Very cool. A larger version to show that it doesn't open and close would be fun.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: continuous solitude

I was so anxious to see your entries as soon as I saw the derby theme this week. And you have not disappointed in the least. Beautiful, they both are. And a shame they aren't doing better. Shaaaaame!

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
DeadFrog wrote:You walk a dangerous line. While it is in the designers' best interests to create simple, cute, and kitschy designs for this particular arena, I don't think that such a direction is going to inspire ground-breaking artwork. And I honestly don't think that such shirts will attract a customer base that will support the direction that Shirt.Woot takes the other 4 days of the week. Yes, I am one to talk.(/sarcasm)

If you're looking for ground breaking artwork, Shirt.Woot is the wrong outlet to be a part of; as Adder has proven, this site will do nothing but frustrate you if you're coming on here looking for awe inspiring original art.

You don't go to McDonalds looking for a 5-Star, Zagat Approved, meal, you go there for a quick bite. The majority of people who come to Shirt.Woot come looking for cute, kitschy, T-Shirts, so that's what you get.

Instead of people constantly coming here and insulting the intelligence of people, those people should find a different outlet that appeals more to their specific tastes.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: rise again

Love the colour choice and your linework is holy amazing, artulo.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: Dunk

not on a shirt template. sorry, auto reject

I once ate a cricket.

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: Those raindrops...

Sweet guys! Thanks for all the votes, really didn't think I'd reach 100 with only my 2nd entry, even if 100 isn't even that much.

Shados

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shados

The line can only be one color.

OnyxEyez

quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
Re: It's not lost

As we progress to a more advanced, physically synthetic society, what parts of our humanity will remain?

My first Derby entry, I welcome any and all critiques anyone should choose to shoot my way!

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

Shados

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shados
Re: ...A Magical, Wonderful Toy...

Nice concept, but it looks a bit sloppy. =/

angusNluna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angusNluna

what what in the butt,
this things sweet, butt not as sweet as you

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Stick Figures Love Adder

Brilliant... too bad it got rejected!

>insert funny quote here<

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Like a Rat in a Maze

Thanks for the comments.

Wow, I am really surprised this is doing so poorly... especially after such a strong start. Better luck next week I suppose.

>insert funny quote here<

blazineagle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazineagle
Shados wrote:Nice concept, but it looks a bit sloppy. =/

I know...I've actually done all of my designs on a little touch pad on my laptop...it's so annoying. I'm hopefully going to be getting a graphics tablet in a few days (Christmas), but sadly that will be too late. Otherwise I could go into a lot more detail than this. Woot wont take scanned artwork though, and I don't blame them.

tehub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehub
blazineagle wrote:I know...I've actually done all of my designs on a little touch pad on my laptop...it's so annoying. I'm hopefully going to be getting a graphics tablet in a few days (Christmas), but sadly that will be too late. Otherwise I could go into a lot more detail than this. Woot wont take scanned artwork though, and I don't blame them.

Yeah, better quality and I'd vote for it.

TurboGraphx16

Re: Heartbeat

Are you kidding me? This was rejected because there's a Cafe Press shirt that looks like it? That's ridiculous, Cafe Press is a joke.

Woot just cost themselves $10, because there's nothing else remotely at the top of this Derby that I'd buy.

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Are you kidding me? This was rejected because there's a Cafe Press shirt that looks like it? That's ridiculous, Cafe Press is a joke.

Woot just cost themselves $10, because there's nothing else remotely at the top of this Derby that I'd buy.

I agree... this doesn't look enough like that Cafe Press shirt for a rejection. Oh well, it's been fun, and I am sure this rejection made a lot of people happy
Thank you to all the people who posted here in support of my design.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
Re: Watt?

This is nicely done and would have fit the art as text derby but for this one your entire design needs to be made with one continuous line, not just each element of your design.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

OnyxEyez

quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
Re: It's not lost (ReSub

As the world advances, and we become physically synthetic, what will we retain of our humanity?

I resubbed this as the picture of the first one did not save correctly. Any feedback is more than welcome!

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

dolphin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphin76
Re: Noah's Ark

Great design! GMV...I promised my daughter I'd get one for her if it wins (she's 6), so I definitely hope to buy 2!

w: 10 w.w: 15 s.w: 60 so.w: 3 k.w: 7

werikblack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werikblack
Andy47240 wrote:Very cool. A larger version to show that it doesn't open and close would be fun.

Looks like the lower knee is the start/end point.

Jezebel5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jezebel5
Re: yarn_bird

I know this one isn't winning any Complex Design of the Year award, but I just loved the modesty of it too much to toss.

Great shirts from this derby.

dolphin76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphin76
Re: I Walk the Line.......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Awesome shirt, GMV.

w: 10 w.w: 15 s.w: 60 so.w: 3 k.w: 7

wcsae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wcsae

It's probably just me, but the way the two lines go out above the head at the top makes it seem like this hear broken guy is hanging himself. I'm guessing that's not the intent, but that's all I can see now.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
MHBoston wrote:This is nicely done and would have fit the art as text derby but for this one your entire design needs to be made with one continuous line, not just each element of your design.

It appears to be one line. Each bulb can be made with one line and the ends are used to connect to other bulbs.

JonnyboyH23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JonnyboyH23

I can't believe this was rejected.

This was by far the best shirt design in this derby.

Seriously Woot? Seriously!?!?

*disappointed head shake*

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SkekTek wrote:Wow...

thanks, Skek.
I liked my original idea, but not my execution.

TurboGraphx16

Barnhill5 wrote:I agree... this doesn't look enough like that Cafe Press shirt for a rejection. Oh well, it's been fun, and I am sure this rejection made a lot of people happy
Thank you to all the people who posted here in support of my design.

I could see rejecting shirts if they're exactly the same, but because this is "similar"?

Similar is so vague. The bird shirt in the Fog right now is "similar" to countless other bird shirts that have printed. The rose shirt is "similar" to countless other rose shirts you can find all over the mall.

Plus, like I said, it's CafePress; shirts on that site shouldn't be the basis of a rejection.

iamthefox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthefox

Agreed. Simplicity works well on this shirt. I actually prefer the continuous line designs that stick to simplicity. The beauty of my plan is it's simplicity! Once things get to complex, evvvverything can go wrong. ;-)

Not too hot on the color though.

mikectc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikectc
Re: Blank me up before ya go go

Why rejected there is only one line? anyways I don't get that it is blank what with the line and all. Oh well.

Barnhill5

Re: Metamorphosis

I love this design - - wish it was getting more votes, I would buy a bunch! Maybe since the heartbeat shirt got rejected those votes will swing this way - to another clean and sharp design. Good job, ISO!

koopadaisy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy
sekiyoku wrote:This may look familiar..

That it does.

Barnhill5

OK, I have a legal question... since my design was officially rejected, am I now "allowed" to sell it on Cafe Press or any other T-Shirt selling web site? And then post the link to it here for those people who wanted it?

rayharenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayharenberg

yeah why was this rejected? this shirt was a breath of fresh air GMV

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

sure, go ahead.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Stick Figures Love Adder

I'm a woot reference <3

But yeah. Stick figures can love whatever they want. I prefer curved figures.

Barnhill5

byrbwr wrote:sure, go ahead.

So my design is no longer locked for 60 days (as per the Woot submission guidelines) based on the rejection? I couldn't find anything to the contrary, but I want to be 100% sure before I post it for sale elsewhere.