AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Didn't you post before that you were a highly-paid business executive of some sort with an expensive car and a giant home? I'm sure you could afford an extra $12.

eHalcyowned!

scarrto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarrto
Re: Snake

...where do the copyright limits blur?... the usual lineup shirt was better than this and i bet more people can identify the characters on this shirt than that one?...WT2

scarrto

Re: Second best continuous line invention

This is also the second dumbest shirt on here...right after the paper clip "design"!

scarrto

Re: one line Obama

Get this koi off here...

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Re: On the Prowl

WOW

thembfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thembfam

Thanks to everyone for the votes!

thembfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thembfam

Thank you so so so much to everyone who has voted for me so far and especially to those who have left such great comments. I really had a lot of fun doing this and cannot wait to join in next week. All the great reception really gives me confidence for next week. You guys rock!!!

Selgeron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Selgeron

'I thought this place needed more abstract t-shirts.

New to this whole t-shirt thing, be nice :D

Selgeron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Selgeron

New at this so please critique !

crunchybitesized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchybitesized
Re: Do It Yourself Shirt Design

It's a little difficult to see the full image, so here is a link to VIEW A LARGER IMAGE OF THE DESIGN!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Angler

Anglerfish on navy -- fishing for votes. Hope you like!

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
jdn1400 wrote:I also live in WA and love the design. Buried in feet of snow here, too, and would relate more to a "snow snow go away" design, but this is great. GMV and good luck.

Another Seattlelite (or Washingtonian I should say) that is buried under snow and is actually wishing the rain would come back

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

This is excellent. I can easily follow it from start to finish, and it has wearability. Nice job.

crunchybitesized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchybitesized
Re: fibonacci

This is such and intellectually inside joke. I like it.

jackalopejoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackalopejoe
Re: Jumble

Welcome to shirt woot!! I may me missing something here - wouldn't be the first time!- but I can't tell what this is supposed to be...

jackalopejoe

Re: Tiger line

I really love the line width variation in this, it's really beautiful. GMV

jackalopejoe

Re: paisley peacock

Another colour scheme would make this soooooo much better, because I love the idea.

kingannoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingannoy
Selgeron wrote:New at this so please critique !

Its always a good idea to keep the standard quote in the first post, it helps people find your shirt from the "all comments" section.
You should try to show your design bigger, its hard to see what it is exactly, the preferred method for this seems to be to show your design as big as you can make it in the 600x600 space and the squeezing in a tshirt comp somewhere.
Good luck!

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge
Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy

i like the complex squiggles and negative-space text, but i'm just not a big fan of the subject. good technique.

moran31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moran31
Re: On the Prowl

I like both of them, nice work.

moran31

nicely done, but it will be rejected, I like it though!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
AdderXYU wrote:eHalcyowned!

ahuhu!

moran31

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin
scarrto wrote:...where do the copyright limits blur?... the usual lineup shirt was better than this and i bet more people can identify the characters on this shirt than that one?...WT2

I tend to agree. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who couldn't at least point out Pikachu. You bring up a good point with the rejection of the usual lineup shirt (though which is better is debatable). I didn't know what that shirt was referencing before it was mentioned that it was on the poster for the movie.
I'm a self-proclaimed Nintendo fanboy myself, but I still have to wonder just how legal this design would be to sell, especially since Nintendo sells their own clothing as well.

moran31

Re: Noah's Ark

nice, 3 of them? wow, I like all three. good job

moran31

Re: Owl

nice jimy! great gift, my mom would love this shirt.

moran31

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25735]one

ah boy! here we go, all the geeks are gonna cherp up, and start getting all excited. oh wait, thats me, this is awesome, nice lines!! GMV!

impala66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impala66

Thanks,

Well there's always next time...

jr-

moran31

Re: Burnt Out

I thought you werent going to do one? well, i am glad you did, i like seeing your talent, very cool. GMV

impala66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impala66

Thanks, appreciate the comment... wait till you see my next one.

jr-

moran31

Re: ...been hanging around this old town too long.

wow, great job, I am very impressed. Got my vote, fo sho!

moran31

Re: ...been hanging around this old town too long.

Just looked at this again, I want this shirt!! dang!

moran31

moran31

Re: So what if I can't fly? (v2)

very nice, mustve took you a long time, GMV, nice job!

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
NonDescript wrote:okay. so i've heard the pucker story,and i understand your need for tradition. and if you win a derby it'll make a cute blurb on the front page and all, but why not submit multiple shirts? i'd love to see what else you are capable of

Mr. Descript,

Thank you for the kind words and question. A long time ago I prepared a long-winded manifesto of sorts concerning my entries. I think it's buried on page 4 or 5 of the EBW pages, with a last post in March or May 2008. Of those who read it, more than a few ended up realizing that the pucker is more fun when it's shrouded in mystery. Part of the truth is that I am not the most creative or artistic person, and this is the card I play. It's fun for me to do, and I get enjoyment out of learning new tricks and skills every now and then with the drawing programs.

I like how the derby is open for anyone who can post an entry, and the whole democratic system of it all.

I have entered "non-pucker related" entries in the past, some of them under different login names as well, and the interesting thing is that in those weeks both the pucker and the non-pucker entries got almost the same number of votes, even without any public cross-promotion, so I concluded that my skills are good for about this many votes no matter what the subject matter I choose.

But I hope that some day I may get lucky and strike a chord with one of my attempts, because I think it would be really cool to walk around town wearing a T-shirt and telling people "I drew this shirt and it sold dozens!"

moran31

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: continuous solitude

Very nice. Wow, can you imagine how great this would look in gold foil?

Oeberon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oeberon

What was your thought process? How many rules I can break at once?
You must pick ONLY one color.
Celebrities/Politicians are prohibited unless parodied.
There is no way to tell that you have not retraced a line at any point.

And while I admire your talent to make a recognizable picture out of just a scribbled line, who, in their right mind, would want to wear Osama on their chest? Ffugly simply for the subject matter.

Imagine that! My Join Date is a palindrome: 8-11-8
It's finally available!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Metamorphosis

Very clean and simple. I like your color choice too.

Jezebel5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jezebel5

I considered the change in colors but they all went into the darker spectrum. Keeping things light and colorful was the plan. I literally drafted this idea from a string of yarn at my cubicle on Fri.

yeah, I was bored.

[thanks for the critique/comment. i enjoy feedback]