jda318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jda318
Arnion wrote:Temporary suspension of the "no penguins" rule? =)

Either way I'm happy for it -- this is a great piece.

oops! i didn't know about that rule... i'm fairly new. I'm glad you can overlook that. Thanks for your support!

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah
Re: End of the Line

i wish that i could have this shirt. i would really wear it. please get it printed somewhere or send it to me. i've got a friend who screenprints shirts and i can get him to print one just for me. i know you'll probably say "no," but you don't understand how much i like this shirt.

i give you 700 votes. i wish.

*wishing that i could find a way to make this design fog. anyone know magic...?*

iamthefox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthefox

SMURFS! That's awesome.

jda318

BootsBoots wrote:I think this looks really great. I think I'd prefer a center chest placement and the face gets lost in there a little, but it's not enough to stop me from voting.

Thanks! it took me a while to choose the placement... it was a tough one for some reason...

jda318

consolecowboy wrote:What do mice and horses have to do with each other? And the middle animal is far too horselike to represent a midway evolution step between mouse and horse. Am I missing something? Because when I look at this, I think of the evolution picture, only it doesn't work or make any sense.

its a reference to Cinderella, when the mice pull the carriage

Kaliko2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005

this is AMAZING!!
hilarious random and well made
*standing slow clap*!!!!
i love it

Kaliko2005

Because there's no places like Ohm for the holidays. Please don't "resist" voting for my shirt! We could all use a little energy for Christmas!

sfabro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
Re: Gorilla Shark Powers, ACTIVATE!

inspired by a thread and photo from somethingawful.com: adding gorillas, sharks, and explosions to anything instantly makes it a hundred times better!!

great job!

Kaliko2005

Because there's no place like Ohm for the holidays. Please don't "resist" voting for my shirt design! We could all use a little energy for Christmas!

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge
Kaliko2005 wrote:this is AMAZING!!
hilarious random and well made
*standing slow clap*!!!!
i love it

This better win.

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

Plagiarism.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=RB-HIGHFIVE-HOODIE&Category_Code=RB

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
kingannoy wrote:Its a real nice zebra, I'm just really afraid they are going to count the nose and eyes as fills...

The only real argument is the eye. The nose is still very obviously a line. If they INSIST I could cut the eye into a more discernible line shape, but I think it looks better this way.

nakitae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nakitae
Re: Pwincess Buttercup

Ha
And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Do It Yourself Shirt Design

Great design, I voted. My only critique is that I think this would have made more sense on royal blue to give a blueprint feel, or on creme with a red/brown ink for a parchment-like style. Even so, brilliant design!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

derv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derv
Re: Papa Silverback

Jeez louise whoever drew this has skill. wow... holy cow... man O man... holy cow

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
StudyAbroadFund wrote:oooo..this is niiiiiice

I appreciate you taking the time to comment and am glad you like it, thanks.

eHalcyon

kdubbs29 wrote:So the background color of the comp doesn't matter, just the thumbnail?

The thumbnail image has to be solid (no gradients) and on the colour you intend for the shirt. The shirt comp image is somewhat sketchier - make sure to include an actual shirt image (be it the official cartoon shirt or a real shirt) of the intended colour. The background of the comp has a bit more leeway - people have used photos and gradients without problem. However, I've been told that shirts HAVE been rejected for gradients in the shirt comp, so it might be best to avoid it anyway. I used gradients once when I did a shirt on navy; the gradient was there to help differentiate the shirt from the background (since navy is so dark) and as a clue that it was, in fact, navy rather than black.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Tahoe85 wrote:. Unless they're not going to allow certain things (like the heartbeat line) at all because someone else used it on a shirt somewhere else. Yikes! What might that lead to?

Only to horrors, like unique shirts

fofmock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
Topspin14 wrote:There are ships in Vegas? I'm confused.

in the NY section there is a little lake with a fake tugboat in it

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
IndependentVik wrote:Ugh. A racist moron.

ba-ZING

however, that said, I really can't grasp why I'd want Obama on my shirt either. Especially since there is already an overflow of Obama shirts out there. I voted for him, and I'm ecstatic that he won, and I think that he'll do far more good for this country than his predecessor or opponents, but I just don't want to wear his face on a shirt. It makes him look like a joke instead of a president.

Though I'd rather that be because of too much merchandise than because of being old, robotic, and vetting a know-nothing Veep.

RagsLax4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RagsLax4

amazing design, so clever too

IG64Assassin

Re: Hero of Time

Zelda shirt... where's byrbwr?

eHalcyon

IG64Assassin wrote:Plagiarism.

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=RB-HIGHFIVE-HOODIE&Category_Code=RB

Mmm, I was going to say that. Don't steal from Dr. McNinja!

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Metamorphosis 2

For those who might like it on another color...

IG64Assassin

Re: Twine Travel

Looks good. Might need some sharpening, and the top flower has a bit of a "skewed" feel, but those are nitpicks. It looks nice and it's a nice concept.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Metamorphosis

For those interested in this design on a cranberry shirt, feel free to vote for that one also/instead: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=26019

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Metamorphosis 2

I like this color too... hard to pick. Voted for both

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Here They be Monsters

very nice design, good composition on the shirt. Love the image in the background too

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Pride Lord

I like this, great colors, nice drawing. I wish the two elements overlapped a bit, but GMV regardless!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley
Re: On the Prowl

Wow! Great design. I won't say its the best design ever, but I will say it is MY favorite design ever. I'm already to be in for three.

charlebon2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charlebon2

Nice Design!!!

hope it Wins!!!

CK

wils9745

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wils9745
CreationsFromChaos wrote:What do you mean?

Is this really one line? I'd like to see some detail of the design because it looks like the stroke between lines would be way too fine to print. Nothing about this design seems "one-line" to me - if it is, I think the designer missed the point of the theme.

a2theharris wrote:At first it looks like blood spurting out, but then you do a double take and you get the cuteness.

Awesome Entries!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
AdderXYU wrote:ba-ZING

however, that said, I really can't grasp why I'd want Obama on my shirt either. Especially since there is already an overflow of Obama shirts out there. I voted for him, and I'm ecstatic that he won, and I think that he'll do far more good for this country than his predecessor or opponents, but I just don't want to wear his face on a shirt. It makes him look like a joke instead of a president.

I'm pretty much in the same boat: voted for him, not anxious to have him on my shirt. Sorta wish all the Obama voters felt the same way because, besides being slightly cheesy, all of the merchandise and the IM avatars and so forth just really brings out the ugly racism.

AdderXYU wrote:
Though I'd rather that be because of too much merchandise than because of being old, robotic, and vetting a know-nothing Veep.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Stormink wrote:The concept for this shirt is fine, but IMO the line work is really sub-par. There is so much you could have done to actually create space in this design with lines instead of creating "clutter" as Adder says.

I wish you'd spend more time in each derby on one design, instead of outputting three quick ones. But that's just my personal opinion I guess. I imagine I hold very different (in my opinion higher) standards in shirts than the average Woot go-er though. (At least judging by that broccoli design that was printed by god knows who...)

I'm not sure what makes you think that I don't spend time on my designs as a general statement, while this one and the phoenix may not have taken as much time as other entries I haVe done, my tiger entry this week took me (and my partner on the design) many many hours to put together, and some of the designs I've entered in previous derbies (such as my one fish two fish design) also took considerable time. I am not always successful with my designs, but have been lucky to have people that like them, but the fact that I sometimes enter more than one image doesn't mean that I don't spend time on each one. On the other hand, though, a lot of time is obviously relative so this could be a meaningless comment depending on what your standards are

I can see what you mean about the line work potentially being sub-par on this design, but it doesn't really have a chance of going to print anyway so I don't think it's a major issue

Lovv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lovv

Beautiful. I'd get it.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

wow. this is amazing, crunchy!

Conrads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conrads
Re: Dunking

Thats really cool...but it is outside the printing area....Try making the imge a little smaller.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

I hate to be one of "those" people, but this is not one line. The area under the car is a separate line, as well as the area under the arrow and balloon. Everything else looks valid, but you need to fix those parts otherwise woot will probably reject it.

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
sekiyoku wrote:I hate to be one of "those" people, but this is not one line. The area under the car is a separate line, as well as the area under the arrow and balloon. Everything else looks valid, but you need to fix those parts otherwise woot will probably reject it.

when I looked at the larger image, I was able to follow it as one continuous line. you did a great job of going over and under with the line, sometimes its on top, sometimes on bottom. very impressive, got my vote.

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

Lomky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lomky

I get thinking you might be able to rip off general art, but I doubt anyone can slip an existing tshirt design by a few hundred tshirt enthusiasts.