cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez

Holy schlaMOLY that's swee

the resub really helped. I want to wear it tomorrow! and the next day! right now!

incredible work, man

cerberez

I love the way you filled in the wings - I still doodle shapes like that all the time

cerberez

Josephus wrote:thanks, Skek.
I liked my original idea, but not my execution.

hmmmmmm i liked it better the first time, actually

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
Re: continuous solitude

I love the design detail in your tree! Absolutely beautiful! GMV :-)

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin
DavidShenoda wrote:Second Version on white - how I originally planned. Also, line is corrected, and the eye is now a more sucky, yet unambiguously rule compliant, line segment.

Erg, sorry, but this is still breaking the rules. I know you did your best to double check, but unfortunately it's still not fixed. Here, instead of trying to explain it I just highlighted it: http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/530/zebrasubmd6.jpg

The red part appears to be a separate segment, and the blue part appears to be a fork in the line (which I'm not sure is allowed or not). I thought I'd point this out quickly since you just resubbed it.

It is a cool design though, I'd like to see what you could do without all of the constraints.

Also for some reason to me it looks kind of... sporty? Maybe it's the white.

IG64Assassin

eHalcyon wrote:if the totals are relatively close with no apparent difference in popularity, just pick the one you personally like better.

Broooown. :p

cerberez

the design is awesome and your talent is indisputable, but there are just too many "ironic" old-school video game shirts out there.

IG64Assassin

Re: Sonica

Nicely done. I like the concept and the color choice. The execution was good, but is the leftmost part considered a fill or a thick line? Stuff gets confusing...

cerberez

StudyAbroadFund wrote:well thank you, we try

man, I want this one!

cerberez

FancyDad wrote:Some of us are born to play our roles in life, and some are just born to play. It is the rare occasion when the two paths cross, merging into one continuous procession of 8-bit perfection. While this controller knows no life beyond the confines of his home base, he happily serves as ambassador between reality and unbridled imagination.

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about the SNES. . . even accounting for nostalgia, it's worn out its welcome in the popular psyche. Sure, it was an advance for its day, but, let's face it, in the grand scheme of things the SNES kinda doesn't measure up.

Just my opinion.

cerberez

noooo this is way too cool

Cycospaz2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Cycospaz2
Re: On the Prowl

Absolutely love this, beautiful work you two!

IG64Assassin

Re: Bonsai Warrior

Since you're asking for a critique I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I like the tree part a lot, but I'm not so sure about the ninja... it's a little much. I personally believe that this would get more votes without that in it. Perhaps you could put something else there instead, to keep the balance? Hope that helps.

cerberez

booooooooooooo winter wonderland

booooooooooooo christmasy

if i hear another word about a "white christmas" I'll shove the little drummer boy's drumsticks where the sun don't shine. and i'm not talking about the north pole at midwinter, either.

IG64Assassin

Re: Dinnertime for the birds

GMV. It's nice.

joshf52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshf52

Reminds me of The Incredible Machine

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Heron Rising

The colors are just awesome. It sort of reminds me when you would do that glowing crayon trick. You know, when you draw a really thick crayon rainbow and then cover it in a thick layer of black crayon? Then you scratch out a picture? This is what that reminds me of. Haha, for some reason.

It's beautiful is what I'm trying to say. :P

iamdangermouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamdangermouse
Re: Noah's Ark

I love the design!
sorry i'm new to woot.. and im trying to find the vote button.. how do i vote for this shirt?

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
cerberez wrote:the design is awesome and your talent is indisputable, but there are just too many "ironic" old-school video game shirts out there.

It's like rain on your wedding day, huh?

Conrads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conrads
Re: My Angels

that is actually really cool! I like it

Conrads

Re: Offensive Line

ahuhu that is hilarious GMV!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
IG64Assassin wrote:Erg, sorry, but this is still breaking the rules. I know you did your best to double check, but unfortunately it's still not fixed. Here, instead of trying to explain it I just highlighted it: http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/530/zebrasubmd6.jpg

The red part appears to be a separate segment, and the blue part appears to be a fork in the line (which I'm not sure is allowed or not). I thought I'd point this out quickly since you just resubbed it.

It is a cool design though, I'd like to see what you could do without all of the constraints.

Also for some reason to me it looks kind of... sporty? Maybe it's the white.

I originally drew it in photoshop, but I traced with illustrator to clean up edges and smooth it out. I guess when I vectorized it some of the really small gaps connected. Oh well, it doesn't have a shot anyway. Thanks for taking the time to trace it.

Conrads

Re: I lub you (Ode to a Tennis sphere)

WOW that is an amazing shirt....You are an amazing artist! GMV!!!

Conrads

Re: To Ale or not to Ale?

Wow that is really cool....As long as it isn't rejected it has my vote. But i dont think the designs can have alcohol reference....Just call it a mug of root beer :P

Conrads

Sheneron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sheneron

I have no idea why this shirt was rejected. It met all the criteria. Thank you for the support person above me, I appreciate it and I am sorry this design was rejected. If anyone feels they were wronged, which is a perfectly fine feeling because we were all wronged, please write a letter to shirt.woot and demand that they sell at least one blank shirt as a public apology.

Conrads

Re: WHY ME!?

ahuhu that's funny

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Sheneron wrote:I have no idea why this shirt was rejected. It met all the criteria. Thank you for the support person above me, I appreciate it and I am sorry this design was rejected. If anyone feels they were wronged, which is a perfectly fine feeling because we were all wronged, please write a letter to shirt.woot and demand that they sell at least one blank shirt as a public apology.

I appreciate your quest for a cheap blank shirt, but this is a design contest and you can't really call it a "design" if it's blank. Anyway, Woot has already printed a blank shirt in the past - Green Space. They're very, very unlikely to do it again. Just hope that Woot suddenly has no designs to print one day, so they're forced to put up a blank shirt again.

Heck, you could just order Nevermore. Apparently the text disappears after a wash or two. Voila, blank shirt.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

powstudios

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powstudios

Thanks!...and I've been thinking the same thing...

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
iamdangermouse wrote:I love the design!
sorry i'm new to woot.. and im trying to find the vote button.. how do i vote for this shirt?

You actually can't vote unless you've bought something from woot before, that's why you don't see the vote button

poohyuki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poohyuki

GENIUS. I want it just for the Chocobo.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:
Heck, you could just order SOME POO THAT WILL REMAIN NAMELESS. Apparently the text disappears after a wash or two. Voila, blank shirt.

While I appreciate the subtle jab, don't encourage that sort of behaviour

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
cerberez wrote:booooooooooooo winter wonderland

booooooooooooo christmasy

if i hear another word about a "white christmas" I'll shove the little drummer boy's drumsticks where the sun don't shine. and i'm not talking about the north pole at midwinter, either.

Well aren't you just a little breath of fresh air, sparky!

Conrads

TurboGraphx16 wrote:You instead want people to believe you're a mindless fool who doesn't think scientific facts prove anything?

I like the shirt man....It is just opposite of what I BELIEVE. I think the shirt is funny, but i dont want to make people think i believe that.....Nice design i wish it well, just not for me.

xpolosp0rtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xpolosp0rtx

Holy koi guys. Wow.

PS - Oh Ramy. You sure love your left side designs, don't you?

PPS - You should know who this is :P

jda318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jda318
Re: yincat-yangcat

SO COOOOOOOLLLL!!!!

tsimody

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsimody

I like it, but I think it is upside-down...ill-prepared to come to the aid of disheveled documents.

Conrads

Re: Because you had a bad day...

i dont get it?

godfreytemple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godfreytemple
Re: Spidersilk

After doing Deadline, I wanted to set myself something of a challenge. And a spiderweb seemed just the thing to do it.

Here's what I told the judges:
"Even though the preview looks a little tight in places the entire design is all one distinct line."

Thanks for looking.
Don't forget to vote.

mamaGiraffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamaGiraffe
Re: Do It Yourself Shirt Design Brown (resub)

This is AWESOME! Love it! Congrats on being on the "new hotness" list! Hope this makes it into the fog!