eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Other reasons to wear a paper bag over your head:

5. You really, really like the smell of paper bags. I mean, it's scary how much you like it.

4. You're scared of the light.

3. You made faces as a child and your face froze that way. Shoulda listened to mama.

2. You're putting together a Fandango Costume.

1. You're ugly as sin.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Kaiki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaiki

As cute as this shirt is, I would have to say that I dislike the color choice of the shirt for this particular design. I have a woot shirt of the same color with the 2 donuts (one dead, the other freaking out about it). But when you're not close to it, those black limbs are hard to see...and as stick figures, it's kind of important that you see them.

I really like this design, I would just hate to get the shirt and have the design and the shirt color not being contrasting enough.

I've said "shirt" a lot...

yankeemanx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yankeemanx

In for 1

Prob would have liked a black shirt with the stick guys in white so they would stand out more.
In any case I bit

emcee2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emcee2k

Beady eyes, semi-circle mouth.

ferfong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferfong
sekiyoku wrote:Yay! Thanks for all the support! Not my ideal first shirt to be printed, but I'm glad people liked it.

Congrats on the print, anyhow! I'm in for one!

Now for that stick figure derby......

Check out JAKKL, Inc.'s Android apps!

deebaser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deebaser
AdderXYU wrote:And you like stick figures.

One makes the accused talentless, and one makes the accused foolish.

You'd probably be better served by speaking to the audience (consumers) as opposed to talking down to them.

In for one. When was the last time someone said that about one of your "masterpieces"?

I love everything about this shirt.
I just can't see wearing it.
Also I dislike the color...
... and the graphic.
/end typical shirt.woot commenter (Csmos)

ferfong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferfong
kylemittskus wrote:The abortion shirt has now made stick figures popular. I don't dislike the shirt. Just an observation.

*I* liked stick figures even before abortions made them popular.

And I had to walk uphill in the snow to get my stick figures!

BOTH WAYS!

Check out JAKKL, Inc.'s Android apps!

emcee2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emcee2k
ferfong wrote:*I* liked stick figures even before abortions made them popular.

This will be my new signature on every message board I visit.

jeslynkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeslynkid

This shirt rocks! It made me giggle, it's comin' home. I love stick figures. We had a geography teacher in high school that had a stick figure animation on the history of europe. It was awesome.

Azazelthefallen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Azazelthefallen

Oh man, I'd totally get this shirt if it wasn't maroon. I love the happy face paper bag! It makes me smile :D

ewrock76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ewrock76

Great shirt. How come I never see my name on the "last wooter to woot?" It makes me so sad. Thank God for this shirt. I'm inspired.

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

I was gonna buy this one, but I'm gonna gamble my chances of getting a shirt this weekend by hoping that A Wonderful Day prints tomorrow.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Ryfiel wrote:I was gonna buy this one, but I'm gonna gamble my chances of getting a shirt this weekend by hoping that A Wonderful Day prints tomorrow.

Well, it will be printing tomorrow, so it's not a gamble, but you can always buy both. ;)

skatewabbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skatewabbit

Cute idea, but stick figures and smiley faces? Clearly put a lot of effort into the art on this one. Pass.

lethlorian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lethlorian

1338 votes?

This shirt is more then elite!

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
ferfong wrote:*I* liked stick figures even before abortions made them popular.

And I had to walk uphill in the snow to get my stick figures!

BOTH WAYS!

Lmao. Old people jokes are so cute.

I like the shirt, I'm just waiting for two others so I figure that means I should wait before buying more...I'm not made of money.

azmanzanita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmanzanita
davechronic wrote:another stick figure shirt. woop e.

Yes. Ugh. Great. Nothing I love more than cutesy stick figure t-shirts. Almost certainly preferable to real artistic expression.

Jehremy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jehremy

Cool shirt, I'm in for one.

fullah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fullah

funny shirt..ordered one!

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref

I'm in for two. This shirt's awesome.

And you can whine about stick figures all you want, but I, and a slew of XKCD readers are liable to just sneer at your inability to imagine creativity upon simplicity.

And, of course, thousands of years of tribal elders sitting in caves depicting the lives of their people would totally beat you to death with an animal bone and toss your carcass out to be picked clean by vultures.

Do not taunt the drawers of stick figures, for they are legion.

pillin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pillin
AdderXYU wrote:I would rather wear...

Who also said this: Why yes, stick figures are SO avant garde. That is why children make them. From this thread

who previously submitted: this blaring evidence of hypocrisy

Do you just love being a total hypocrite and conveniently forget you are one or something? Or is it simply ok for you to make visual diarrhea and then critique other people's work that is much better than yours?

Skofo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skofo

Awe, how cute.

In for one.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

in for one

aluna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluna
zozzles wrote:Too bad it isn't a heavy plastic bag and a lot of duct tape. THEN we'd see who was laughing!

R O F L!! "Hey Mr Angry Stick figure guy, thats a mighty nice roll of duct tape you have there it is so useful and oh! A plastic bag, are we going to pick up trash on the beach? Hey! What are you..mmmmph!!!!" Muwahahahahaha!

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco

I love woot shirts. They always make people look for a second, after which they usually laugh. This one was too cute to pass up. I voted for it, and SWORE that if it won, I'd buy it. Lo and behold! I gotta quit buying stuff D:

notsomuch

quality posts: 7 Private Messages notsomuch
06metzp wrote:The only thing I have against this design is that you can't tell if genuinely-happy-man is adding the bag to, or removing it from, the area surrounding not-genuinely-happy-man's head.

That's like asking if the glass is half empty or half full. It's all a matter of perspective. He's putting the happy bag on the grumpy guy in my world. It's a beautiful New England winter day today, and I choose half full. (until I try to get my POS minivan out of the garage, anyway)

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

fredv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredv
emcee2k wrote:This will be my new signature on every message board I visit.

O.k. made me laugh out loud, and that doesn't happen often. Although more often here than many other places.

notsomuch

quality posts: 7 Private Messages notsomuch
kylemittskus wrote:The abortion shirt has now made stick figures popular. I don't dislike the shirt. Just an observation.

Row v. Wade was a water shirt. Boat or get wet. it didn't have anything to do with abortions, though I can see where some might get confused. ;)

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

fredv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredv

Love this shirt, too, by the way. I teach, dyslexic and ADD teenage boys, and I would love to wear this as my ideal solution to grumpy teens. But, alas, can't wear t-shirts to work. May still get for my daughter, though.

I thought Woot might use "If your happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it" in their write up.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
AdderXYU wrote:I would rather wear an abortion than this.

hahaha! Regardless of how anyone feels about this shirt, that's a great statement.

drkwaters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drkwaters

I love the simplicity and amusement in this shirt.

In for one!

Urtawkin2adork83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Urtawkin2adork83

most rediclous shirt ever.
cyanida & happiness rip off.
who wold spend ten dollars on this?

capture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capture
AdderXYU wrote:And you like stick figures.

One makes the accused talentless, and one makes the accused foolish.

Actually this just makes you look like a sore loser. Don't cut down every single design because it gets the point across without much detail. I think simple designs are some of the best ones especially on a t-shirt. People want to instantly know what is on the shirt. If it is weird or not straight forward no one will vote for it or buy it. This one got the votes and we'll have to see if they got the "buys" either today or tomorrow.

BigMofo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigMofo

ROFLMAO! That shirt is like sooooooooo funny, it's ridiculous. I'm wondering if he just took the bag off dude's head and whizzed him off, or is he about to whizz him off thus further by putting it on to begin with.

Stop with the scammy image links, dingus.

jesswong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesswong

I've been checking shirt.woot since someone showed me the cake is a liar shirt, and this is the first shirt I've actually ordered. Fun design - thanks!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
zozzles wrote:There are a number of things that I look for when I post on this forum. They are:

1) Am I actually able to make a cogent comment. For example, with this design I imagine it in "real life" and think how immensely angry I'd be if someone stuck a paper bag over my head. I certainly wouldn't be optimistic, and the person doing it would perhaps learn that merely being optimistic isn't always a good idea.

2) Exactly how quickly the shirt.woot censors delete my posting. The faster it disappears, the more satisfied I am in some bizarre way.

3) How much outrage, consternation, or debate I cause in the community by my posting. It isn't so much as that I wish to make people angry, it is more that I want to see them thinking.

4) Sometimes, the really cool things people write about my posts. Y'know, praise never hurts.

5) Here is what I call the show-stopper. On the one hand, it could simply be that there is an ordinary delay between postings, something utterly arbitrary. But then there are the things that I write that seem to cause the discussion to come to an absolute halt for much longer than one would expect. I'm not sure if this is a genuine social phenomenon or not, but it is almost eerie to experience.

All told, of course, I most enjoy writing something that truly deals with the t-shirt's design: whether for good or ill. It is always wonderful to tell a designer what a good job they've done, it isn't the same if you genuinely dislike a design - but you'd better have some decent reasons why. Pure emotion (sort of the "I don't like your face" in the Cantina scene in Star Wars comes to mind) is always a perfectly good reason - sometimes you can't express what it is that is wrong... On the other hand, there are designs that are ugly or puerile or poorly done or have an excruciatingly bad sense of color balance and you can always argue against those on more logical grounds.

All told, I've got to admit that I enjoy this form quite often more than the t-shirts being sold. There are some real characters here, and you never know what you'll read next. It is definitely worth the experience.

Heh, believe it or not, I accidentally deleted this. (Clicked on the wrong link.) Sorry zozzles!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

southamptonkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages southamptonkitty

In for 2! I've been waiting for this shirt, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Kitty Ski

nmyers12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmyers12

in for one, glad i voted

stripestore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stripestore
06metzp wrote:The only thing I have against this design is that you can't tell if genuinely-happy-man is adding the bag to, or removing it from, the area surrounding not-genuinely-happy-man's head.

Actually now that you mention that, I like the shirt more.

I like the design, I personally can't see myself wearing it though. Congrats on the print.

niter1dah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages niter1dah

I love it! Haha In for 2

Current damage total....