peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: The Journey Begins Again

i am giving this all my votes JUST BECAUSE

peppersagooddog

fairnymph wrote:What kind of seed/tree is it? (as in, botanically)

why cant you see?
its the rare avacadocherryjuniperbonsai!

Hutif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Genesis in the Mind

This would make an awesome poster for sure. I personally think it would look better if it was off-center...somehow...
Anyway, its a nice design and I like the way you drew the birds. GMV.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
PopeYmir wrote:i'm not a very nice person

aww

OtakuRyu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OtakuRyu
peppersagooddog wrote:just cause you are being an ass i will point out that there sentence near the bottom that says, and i quote...
"Is it a copyright infringement."
you see, if you had ended that with a question mark, it might have oh i dont know, looked like a question and answer of no. instead you left it as a statement which technically makes no sense as a sentence, but closely resembles someone saying "copyright infringement" in a menacing sort of way.

Haha, way to go gooddog = 3

This design makes me so happy you don't even know-- but I HATED HATED HAAAATED LWW and the brush strokes thing is quite... well, reminiscent and that's just bugging me =_= But, I love the design... I'm so torn...
Either way I suppose, you've GMV. <3

"The maddest of all are those who see the world as it truly is, and not as it should be."
~Don Quixote

“We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”
~Goethe

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Reincarnation: Bite the Roots of Life!

BySkell sure makes some neat vectors.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: The Beginning of the End

I am so worried about this shirt seeing the TMNT climbing and this one not at all, as per the side 'in the past hour'....*crosses everything that can be crossed and prays to every deity that accepts worship*

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

TychPsych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TychPsych
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)

I'm not so sure about the placement of his pupils. They seem to be staring off the shirt rather than toward the center of the canvas.

I still voted and will definitely buy it if it wins.

funnymaniac34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnymaniac34

awesome platypus. i would definitely want your platypus on my shirt.

peppersagooddog

eHalcyon wrote:
I'm tempted by this one because I love phoenixes (phoenices?) .

my mythology may be mistaken, but if i remember correctly, there is only one phoenix.
as the one burns itself out after 1000 years the heat hatches the egg of the new one...
oh, anyway, what i am saying is... i dont think its supposed to be plural.

burnsy42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burnsy42

I totally dig this design. It's very sweet, but I'm concerned that it won't get the vote-lovin' it deserves because the thumbnail doesn't give one the impression of what the shirt actually is. The first time I was browsing through shirts I thought, "oh hey look, a tree one. Next." Even the words "to see much more" didn't really draw me in. It's already just a small portion of the tree, so I thought, "probably the rest of the tree." The concept is very cool, and the thumbnail doesn't draw 'em in, and that's a shame.

That being said: man am I happy I clicked. I love the shirt, and I hope that votes are soon to follow. And, to be fair, and don't know what I would have chosen as the thumbnail. . . it's a hard comp to represent in thumbnail form. Good luck!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
peppersagooddog wrote:my mythology may be mistaken, but if i remember correctly, there is only one phoenix.
as the one burns itself out after 1000 years the heat hatches the egg of the new one...
oh, anyway, what i am saying is... i dont think its supposed to be plural.

I believe you are correct. Touche.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
Re: begin the journey

MUST OWN

TKB788

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TKB788

LOVE the art work, but i don't understand the concept can some one esplain to me please.

TKB788

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TKB788
Re: A New Calling

i didn't get it at first glance; second glance - SAweet.

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
BootsBoots wrote:You know, people rarely leave the good ol' "this stinks" comment on my designs. This is probably because I never get printed and they all feel sorry for me, so they just keep their mouths shut. I see your stinky comment as a light at the end of the tunnel. Soon more stinky comments will follow! Soon everyone will beat me with hate sticks and I will win a derby! Sweet.

You've never really made it until everyone hates you. Btw, maybe I'm missing the reference, what what does this shirt mean a.k.a. stand for? I'm slow.

ydgunz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ydgunz

Excellent. I love this design and I really hope it wins. I will buy this shirt

random42s

quality posts: 2 Private Messages random42s
instantkarma wrote:I'll take the risk of looking stupid and say that I don't quite understand how this relates to the derby theme of "beginning". Personally, I think it would fit better with the theme of the "cabin fever" derby.

It also seems very similar to other shirts out there that illustrate the whole "there's all this stuff in my head just dying to get out" idea. I'm sorry if that's not what you were going for, but that's what I see when I look at it.

Besides that, I won't be voting for/buying this shirt because I just don't wear black shirts. Nothing against you for that one, it's just my thing.

It's not just ideas in someone's head, it's the story of creation, with Eve and the serpent and the tree.

Ramyb, this is an amazing shirt. The more I study it the more I find. I love the bar of music in there, and the bunnies and fish referencing (I assume) your other shirts.
You have my vote and my purchase should it win. It's beautiful. And I love black. ;)

Why? Forty-two...you see, it doesn't work.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Barnhill5 wrote:WOW. I had to stare at this for a long time counting the colors, thinking surely it was more than 6. But NO!!! Excellent job on the color selection, Jewel. This just jumps off the shirt!

ditto!

jadziadax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadziadax
Re: The epic begins

I think this would look a lot better without the fake distressed look.

baloonce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baloonce
Re: Life Renewed

I joined woot! today, bought a shirt (after I found out that a purchase must have been made at some point prior to voting) and wanted to share my thoughts on this design. This design first caught my eye because it is a simple IMO, yet, a very cool concept. The more I thought about it though, I came up with this. Another woot derby has ended, a new one begins. Just as 2008 has ended, 2009 is just beginning. Hopefully, we shake off the soot and ash from the recent years both domestically and globally to rise up and pick the best damn shirt for the first woot! derby of 2009.

thumper62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thumper62
Re: Birth of the Moon

This is so beautiful. A real eye catcher. Great work! I want one!

redevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redevil

Interesting. I'd wear it.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I love it Boots, but then again I love most of your stuff.
You most certainly got my vote!

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: Knowing your roots

Ever wonder how all your sports stuff is made?

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Ha, this just made me think of George Costanza's hilarious "My world's are colliding" speech.

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
skawty wrote:This is hot.

Nice! Thanks for the votes!

sharptoothpiranha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharptoothpiranha
Re: The Start of True Love

Two male species in love, how cute. Who is the female in this relationship?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
ya2sabes wrote:You've never really made it until everyone hates you. Btw, maybe I'm missing the reference, what what does this shirt mean a.k.a. stand for? I'm slow.

You're not slow, you're probably just deeper-minded than me. It doesn't stand for or reference anything other than releasing caged birds (your standard new beginning cheesy symbolism, I guess). I like to put a lot of weird elements into my designs just to make them interesting. People can interpret them any way they want. That's part of the fun, I think. Like, the birds are kind of creepy looking, so maybe she's just released evil into the world, but feels that keeping it locked up was unnatural? I dunno. That wasn't going through my head at the time. I usually just try to make images that are slightly bizarre (hence the goggles and scarf) and that try to evoke some feeling. It's what I like.

Thanks, thanks, thanks for the comments, peeps. Both the good ones and the stinky ones.

ms4guy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ms4guy

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was metaphase of mitosis under fluorescence microscopy. But the whole moon formation thing is cool too I suppose.

Excellent design!

ms4guy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ms4guy
Re: Birth of A Tree

Are the birds at the bottom part of the shadow? If so, shouldn't they be upside-down?

If they aren't part of the shadow, then why are they green? (Just asking).

Great design overall, GMV.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
eHalcyon wrote:So is it supposed to be a back print? Because if so, you need to show that on the comp. XP

No, it's a front print. I was just putting the idea out there - if other people want that I'll resub. I wanted to see what anyone thought.

Thanks for the great comments! That makes me feel better about how late I was up working on it.

RepsychoedArtist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RepsychoedArtist

True True.

prpettet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prpettet
Re: The Beginning of the End

Great designs week in and week out. GMV

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: The Open Road Outback

As a professional nomad, I must have it. And I really love your style, lkackman. GMV.

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Rise n' Shine!

Gotta start the day... ugh... I am so NOT a morning person. And my coffee cup is actually MUCH bigger than the one depicted in this design

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: She Let Them Go

Boots, you're the bee's knees. The birds and birdcage remind me of your robot entry from the past - and I really wanted that one, as well. Hopefully this one makes it. Love her scarf and goggles. GMV, of course.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Birth of A Tree

burnsy42: Thanks a lot! Yeah I spent a while on the thumbnail, it was very difficult due to its shape and focus on two separate items. I hope it gets the votes!

ms4guy: Thanks, the birds are actually upside down to match the tree, best seen in the thumbnail with the bird on the branch. I changed the color because they didn't stand out as being an important part of the shadow, and the birds really mark this as a tree and not messed up roots. (I loved mgs4 by the way.)

burnsy42 (again): I guess that was my decided hook for the thumbnail, someone wondering why the birds were upside down in a tree.

Thanks

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: The epic begins

I disliked the style for the LWW shirt, but I LOVE it here because it portrays an actual action instead of three things just chilling.

As for the vacuous debate the giz started, um...wow. Do you have this same outrage to tgentry's design? I mean, to say there is NO difference between this and the movie/comics is completely asinine. On top of that, this rage is just plain silly. Look at ALL of the other designs that have been heralded as genius in the history of woot that are basically just directly stealing a familiar product and pasting it on a t-shirt without any real tweaks other than a CYA. Examples, you say? The gameboy shirt, every shirt ever to have a game controller on it, etc.

DF, I think you're fine on this shirt. Don't worry about him. It's great.

As for anyone else: The beating on the unoriginal/uncreative drum is getting REALLY tired, especially given the state of this derby, the derby before it, and the derby before that. Believe it or not, this site seems to actually be getting to the point where artistry is also being rewarded alongside a perfectly executed concept. I'm just happy that a chicken/egg entry is still a few places back.

If this prints, definitely in for one. The turtles rule!

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419

They sure do....Gotta love royalty free art..