tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

lkackman wrote:Errr... for some reason I don't feel this design is as good as others you have done. It is just sorta... bla.

In fact, I would say this is my least favorite of all of the designs you come up with. I give you a light golf clap, but no vote. Sorry Travis, keep em coming though... can't wait for the next one.

No problem, they can't all be hits.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: The Open Road Outback

<3 the Platypus! GMV

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: The epic begins

Heh, love it.

Check out my blog:Here!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

This is great. I saw it and liked it for just the image, then I came back and looked at it again today and FINALLY got the reference. I'm slow. But what I mean is that the drawing is way cool and then it's TMNT, so even better.

zekecatz

Re: Beginning the Hard Way

Love the expressions. GMV

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Barnhill5 wrote:Hopefully the arrow won't count as text either, but I am not sure... I had read on the forums that anything found on your keyboard basically counts as text, and the arrow might fall into that category. Just something to consider... if anyone else knows for sure, please comment so that I know too

I hope not, I will poop my pants in anger if that happens.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
brwnrthanu wrote:While visually stunning, every time I return back to this it reminds me of a spider. Not something I would wear . . . sorry.

Gross. Now that you said that, I can't unsee a spider. Ewwww. I hate those things.

Carpe shirtem!

sailormoontsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailormoontsu
AGrant311 wrote:Actually, the first animal in space was a Russian dog named Laika. She ended up perishing in the mission.

Actually, if you want to get technical, the first animals were fruit flies. But the first mammals launched into space were monkeys. The dog was the first into orbit. source

Blog Vote! Visit my Spreadshirt Shop.

wisetara

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wisetara
Re: The Idea Precedes

So far, this is the only one I'd buy, and I REALLY want it. Very cool design.

jda318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jda318
mjc613 wrote:The horses are not the main focus of this drawing, and I think they need to be. I think this can be improved by
1 - making the ship smaller to seem further away and the horses larger
or 2- add more horses
or 3- some combo of these 2.

Love this idea, just concerned that you will lose votes

thanks! i appreciate the feedback. I'll try and work on it today and repost sometime.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
julnyes wrote:I would like to second this sentiment ... If you ever start to sell your designs on your own I would be a very happy repeat customer.

I'm going to soon, but it will be awhile before my good designs get there. I'm making the contest rounds with them first.

Thanks so much for the support everyone. I think I get the best comments ever. Really.

julnyes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages julnyes
Re: The Bad Egg

hee hee - I would totally get this shirt for my two nieces.

Stalemate by BootsBoots / Night Job by methepainter / I Just Can't Reach You by BootsAndRamy / The Cake is a Liar by geekfactor12 / Ablaze by mitohapa / Easy Optimism by sekiyoku / Less is More by crunchybitesized / The Dandy Lion by kdeuce

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

@eHal - I adore the Phoenix. My obsession with the it began with the item "Phoenix Down" in Final Fantasy games. I just got Jimiyo's Hope Phoenix (Tee Fury) in the mail yesterday and it looks incredible. It puts mine to absolute shame. Mitohapa did one for DBH that was beautiful too. It unfortunately hasn't been printed. What was Fantasma?

See, I admit the Phoenix is done, but on other sites, not Woot. Only one Phoenix that I know of has been printed at Woot.

@fairnymph - Wow! Grabby hands? L o L. Thanks! I agree about the lines. However, they were much better than the circles that I originally had. If I had time and more skill, I would have done my own halftone--like Jimiyo can do. Something more curvy like you said. As far as the black shirt is concerned, yes, there are a lot of black shirts, but black was the only color I thought suited this design.

@dekonstruct - Thank you!

@nbrosas - I've already posted something that would be a good response to that.

@epii - Yes, I agree. Thanks!

@pepper - Good call! I didn't think Phoenixes sounded right.

@baloonce - Epic first post! Thank you!

BootsBoots

Re: The Open Road Outback

Oh I LURVE it! Much lurve. This is your best one yet.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Hope Seed

This might be me just being picky, but this is a tree-- not a sprout, so how can it be the beginning?

Hutif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Blank Canvas (tan) (resub)

Yea,the color is a little odd, but it's a good design. I like the shading. GMV.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

oh wow! i love this!!!!!! you're amazing! i want : )

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sekiyuko wrote:Point DF.

Please keep your fake accounts straight

AdderXYU

sekiyuko wrote:This is my favorite design you've ever done! LOVE IT! Seki Rocks!

Because if you don't keep your fake accounts in check, this happens

AdderXYU

dsatele wrote:Weren't you just complaining about voting for or buying a shirt based on 'a story' that too many people take to literally?? Gee, I guess it is possible to buy/like a shirt even if you don't believe in the 'mythology' behind it.

Don't mind Turbo. He is a nitwit

BootsBoots

narkus wrote:oh wow! i love this!!!!!! you're amazing! i want : )

Pshaw, Narkus. Pshaw.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
AdderXYU wrote:Because if you don't keep your fake accounts in check, this happens

I was wondering when the retards would start showing up on this thread.

backthrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backthrab
Re: Math Problem

Whether on paper or in the mind, a diagram is the first step to solving a math problem.

instantkarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantkarma
julnyes wrote:I would like to second this sentiment ... If you ever start to sell your designs on your own I would be a very happy repeat customer.

Thirded.

ZiM1021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZiM1021

I love it. It's got my vote, seeing as I was a huge TMNT fan growing up and still am. If it wins, I'm buying one without a doubt. Fantastic job.

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Hope Seed

ooh sweet.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
krisrobinson wrote:no one likes a bit of slap and tickle eh?

i'm down.

zekecatz

Re: On the brink

Self portrait?

dangurous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dangurous

this week's winner by a landslide. i'm buying it when it prints for sure. god i love the turtles!

34 woots for shirts, most recent: 10/23/12: Fresh Cake Remix (L); 9/22/10 - iHome Optical Netbook Mouse; 7/12/10 - Woot Off Lights; 5/26/10 - Jolly Roger Floor Mat; 11/23/09 - Memorex 720p HD Mini Camcorder; 3/23/09 - iRobot Roomba 535 Robotic Vacuum

WLewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WLewis
Re: Beginning

Constructive criticism would be appreciated.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Barnhill5 wrote:Hopefully the arrow won't count as text either, but I am not sure... I had read on the forums that anything found on your keyboard basically counts as text, and the arrow might fall into that category. Just something to consider... if anyone else knows for sure, please comment so that I know too

Where is there an arrow on your keyboard? That is, a key that, if you press it, puts an arrow on the screen?

Arrows have been safely used in the past, so no worries.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

BootsBoots

bradyson wrote:please don't hate me. ;c)

I hate you. But you should take it as a compliment. I'm jealous of your beauty!

haishasan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haishasan
haishasan wrote:Awww!

Wish this would go higher!

eHalcyon

Re: TIME: The Beginning

So... is this one royalty free vector art as well, or your own work?

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
eHalcyon wrote:So... is this one royalty free vector art as well, or your own work?

We will let you decide that all holy one....

eHalcyon

theinfinityloop wrote:@eHal - I adore the Phoenix. My obsession with the it began with the item "Phoenix Down" in Final Fantasy games. I just got Jimiyo's Hope Phoenix (Tee Fury) in the mail yesterday and it looks incredible. It puts mine to absolute shame. Mitohapa did one for DBH that was beautiful too. It unfortunately hasn't been printed. What was Fantasma?

Fantasma, by Mitohapa!

The one on DBH - are you talking about the constellations design she did for the 10k? Because technically, that one didn't have a phoenix. It would have been the vermillion bird of the south (along with the other Four Symbols.

eHalcyon

Anthony3419 wrote:We will let you decide that all holy one....

Holy? Hardly.

I'm just curious, that's all. I recognized the other one because it's been used in the derbies before. It's nice to give credit where credit is due.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

Thanks for support everyone! I am just happy that it turned out so well.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

Nice, I so am the evil eyes... i could see him plotting in the egg before he had even cracked the shell. GMV!

Susanj2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Susanj2
Re: The Genesis Clock

Nice design! I'd love to order this one.