Re: The Bad Egg

I absolutely love this design! GMV

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: Pocket Aces

Play it slow!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
theinfinityloop wrote:Oh, Fantasma was a little before my time, I see. I love it!

The DBH one I was referring to was this. She states herself in her comment that it's a Phoenix.

Mitohapa is teh awesome.

Oh yes, I remember that one too. ^^

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Birth of the Moon

O lawd. Best color usage EVER.

WidowFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WidowFrog

BootsBoots,

I really do like your designs. Keep them coming. I'll be watching for when you print some of your previous entries.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
tgentry wrote:Better today than next Thursday morning. ;)

True, there's still time to rally

And, LOOK! back in the fog!
(ok, I promise I won't do this all week )

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
Patchitect wrote:What.. no Rat?

Too controversial.

Was it a ninja that turned into a giant rat or a ninja's pet rat that became part man? Either way, the debate would have torn into this entry like Cinderella's stepsisters attacking a dress.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I personally would like Hector to stand out a little more, but otherwise, I agree with the rest of your fan club. ;)

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Birth of Video Gaming

The ultimate beginning of video games!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Birth of Video Gaming

Woot has rejected similar shirts in the past. I think it was because this is available elsewhere, but I am not positive. (In fact, there is one available that is animated. You might want to try a different way to convey this.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: begin the journey v2

I love this color palette. Nice one, artulo!

instantkarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantkarma
random42s wrote:It's not just ideas in someone's head, it's the story of creation, with Eve and the serpent and the tree.

Ramyb, this is an amazing shirt. The more I study it the more I find. I love the bar of music in there, and the bunnies and fish referencing (I assume) your other shirts.
You have my vote and my purchase should it win. It's beautiful. And I love black. ;)

Ah. Well, then, I guess that makes sense if you look at it that way. I *personally* don't think it's obvious enough to fit the derby theme (again, I reference all the shirts with "stuff in my head"), but I'm glad people are seeing things that I'm not.

I also don't understand why Eve is wearing clothes, then, but I assume shirt.woot wouldn't appreciate a nekkid lady too much. ;)

Good luck, regardless.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

This one is hilarious! I kind of like cream as a shirt color, and it looks great with this design! GMV.

Carpe shirtem!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

thanks, ansharp!

artulo

double post! that's lucky, right?

artulo

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
sekiyoku wrote:
Seriously just go away, no one likes you...

Speak for yourself. Adder's opinion, even if not always agreed with, is valued more than some people would like to think.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
BootsBoots wrote:I think he got it.

And I care. I really do.

Sorry, I mean no offense to anyone else, but I'm very sick of Adder. All he has done (from my viewpoint) is complain and harass me, and I really don't want to take it lying down. I'm generally a very nice person though.

From what I can tell, Adder is helpful at times and not a bad person in some situations, but also very offensive and hypocritical in others. You really can't blame me for not liking him when he follows me around flaming me.

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson

I hate you more. Great job!

SpastasticNomadic

OK, I'll have to vote for this one as well. I love the natural colours of your other submission, but this one changes the entire look and is beautiful, also. I'll take both! kthx!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
artulo wrote:double post! that's lucky, right?

silly comment

do you know that you can also resize your image by giving it new dimensions. works best if they are proportional to the old dimensions, i.e., if your image were 1200x1200, you could put in the image size thusly:
[ img=500x500 ] http://www. big 1200x1200 image.jpg [ /img ]

and it displays at 500x500.

SpastasticNomadic

Re: Listen To your Elders...

Ah. This, I like. Wonderful.

SpastasticNomadic

The 'different' eggs are always the good eggs in my book. Go Hector!

Love the muted colours here. Do I have to say it again? Ok, I will. GMV! Yeah!

eHalcyon

Josephus wrote:

Eh, his design has a lot of tiny details; the big image is actually warranted. What gets me is when people post giant "detail" images when the design is really simple. That's why I almost never post detail images - because I'm not skilled enough to put tiny details in my designs.

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
eHalcyon wrote:Holy? Hardly.

I'm just curious, that's all. I recognized the other one because it's been used in the derbies before. It's nice to give credit where credit is due.

No problems....I agree....

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

Maaawwwww.

*poke*

Suh kewt.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eHalcyon wrote:Eh, his design has a lot of tiny details; the big image is actually warranted. What gets me is when people post giant "detail" images when the design is really simple. That's why I almost never post detail images - because I'm not skilled enough to put tiny details in my designs.

I was just amused. surprised me to see this giant, wider-than-my-screen image. Still, it really isn't terribly hard to put a link to a large image as a url around the displayed image so that people can click on it to see the large image...
[ url=http://www.GIANT IMAGE 1400x1400.jpg ][ img ]http://www.REGULAR SIZED PICTURE 700x700.jpg[ /img ][ /url ]
with text: click to see the detailed image.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

This is good too, but I think I'd only actually buy the other color scheme. I love that one. A lot. Ima vote for this one too though. It's an awesome design regardless of what colors you use.

BootsBoots

Re: A New Calling

I vote too. It's really good.

BootsBoots

Re: The Journey Begins Again Again (resub)

Voting again, captain.

BootsBoots

Barnhill5 wrote:WOW. I had to stare at this for a long time counting the colors, thinking surely it was more than 6. But NO!!! Excellent job on the color selection, Jewel. This just jumps off the shirt!

Agreed on the color choices. I'm in love with the colors. It was worth all the time you spent, I think.

masterkraig

mjc613 wrote:Woot has rejected similar shirts in the past. I think it was because this is available elsewhere, but I am not positive. (In fact, there is one available that is animated. You might want to try a different way to convey this.

I saw the animated one, and yes this is quite cliché but I figured I'd post it for fun.

Plus, it's just so simple ^^

www.craigwinslow.com

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

It's the anticipation that gets me.

I also have one with a brown track if anyone wants me to submit it: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/IG-64_photos/coastershirtbrown.jpg

Any other comments are welcome.

casey7725

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casey7725

masterkraig

Re: Hope Seed

Into the fog!

I love the style of this design, as well as the design itself. Nice job

www.craigwinslow.com

eHalcyon

Re: The Beginning of the End

The colours are growing on me now...

If by some miracle this makes it back into the fog and gets printed, I'm definitely in for one as a gift (don't know to who yet). I've yet to decide if I'd want another for myself though.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

NICE! I was thinking, why a bad egg? I don't see any - Oh! There he is. Wow, that's cool.

artulo

Josephus wrote:I was just amused. surprised me to see this giant, wider-than-my-screen image. Still, it really isn't terribly hard to put a link to a large image as a url around the displayed image so that people can click on it to see the large image...
[ url=http://www.GIANT IMAGE 1400x1400.jpg ][ img ]http://www.REGULAR SIZED PICTURE 700x700.jpg[ /img ][ /url ]
with text: click to see the detailed image.

Ahahaha, sorry to do that, I know it's annoying. WIll put up a different link.

agentandrew002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages agentandrew002
Re: Beginning of the Day

Here's my personal woot for this shirt.
Every morning the sun rises and begins a new day... Actually the sun doesn't rise - it never has. Us Earthlings have been fooled into thinking that the earth just sits on it's butt while the rest of the universe revolves around us in worship. Scientists though, claim that we, in fact, revolve around the sun. The sun actually stays stationary while the planets worshipfully revolve around it. Come to think of it, even the sun moves. It is relvoving around our galaxy.
Ok! Thats enough! Just stop it! You sound so geeky. And I'm getting a migrane from all this spinning.
Well, I was just trying to hype my woot shirt design. Wouldn't you love to wear the sun on your shirt? Just stay inside though - you don't want to make the real sun jealous! I hear he has these solar flare hitmen that will eat your lunch before you know it. They'll cook it to. Along with you and your offensive shirt.

Please Vote for This Shirt! Thanks!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sekiyoku wrote:
From what I can tell, Adder is helpful at times and not a bad person in some situations, but also very offensive and hypocritical in others. You really can't blame me for not liking him when he follows me around flaming me.

"Follows me around". Ymean around the derby threads?

I like you more when you're making horrible humor. This is killing me.