psycholionsgomoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psycholionsgomoo
Re: The Genesis Clock (Blue)

I really like both versions but I think it would really look good on an olive green shirt!

christermime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christermime
Re: First Drop

It's a cool idea, but why stick figures? You could do nice looking silhouettes with just a little more time put in ;)

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin
christermime wrote:It's a cool idea, but why stick figures? You could do nice looking silhouettes with just a little more time put in ;)

I would have. I actually spent a long time thinking about it, but I ended up trying a "fun" sketchy kind of look. I don't have my own line style, as my main medium is 3D, so a lot of this is just experimenting for me. I did have a more precise version before but I just didn't like it as much. So to answer your question, I guess I just really didn't know what to do. :P

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
DeadFrog wrote:Too controversial.

Was it a ninja that turned into a giant rat or a ninja's pet rat that became part man? Either way, the debate would have torn into this entry like Cinderella's stepsisters attacking a dress.

Cinderella's stepsisters were just trying to help! That hideous, ill-fitting frock looked like it was sewn by rodents.

HalfBakedScheme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HalfBakedScheme
Re: Spring Beginning

Very Nice. If I had voting rights (no purchases yet! >_<) you'd gmv... But if you win, this might very well be my first purchase

Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must. But never give up.

HalfBakedScheme

Re: Life Renewed

This is stunning. If you win, I'm definitely getting two

WidowFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WidowFrog
Re: The Bad Egg

Hi again,

Do you mind if I ask you what font you are using?

Thanks!

HalfBakedScheme

Re: Life Renewed

This is stunning. If you win, I'm definitely getting two

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Hope Seed

This looks way too similar to 335 Woolloomoo Way for me.

haishasan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haishasan

I want it!

TychPsych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TychPsych
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)

I love watching this shirt get closer and closer to the fog. Go shirt go!

haishasan

Re: Kiss of Death

Very well done!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
snarkygal wrote:This looks way too similar to 335 Woolloomoo Way for me.

I agree. There's also the high probability that it wouldn't print well, as it uses a dark brown ink on a brown shirt, which is already dark to begin with.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

extraimagination

quality posts: 0 Private Messages extraimagination
Re: Ribbon Building Blocks

Too contained. Break outside of the box.

extraimagination

quality posts: 0 Private Messages extraimagination
Re: The Pucker Singularity

I can't help but feel that I would buy this if not for the lips. Maybe if you made them look like lipstick stains...

haishasan

Re: Genesis in the Mind

This is still the best of the derby. gmv...

kira227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kira227
SpastasticNomadic wrote:Speak for yourself. Adder's opinion, even if not always agreed with, is valued more than some people would like to think.

except he didn't post anything on this thread that qualifies as an opinion about the design...isn't that why people post?

gorgeous design by the way

christermime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christermime
IG64Assassin wrote:I would have. I actually spent a long time thinking about it, but I ended up trying a "fun" sketchy kind of look. I don't have my own line style, as my main medium is 3D, so a lot of this is just experimenting for me. I did have a more precise version before but I just didn't like it as much. So to answer your question, I guess I just really didn't know what to do. :P

Ahhh I see. I'd like to see the other versions too!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Fishion

Great texture.

VOTE!

buddhawood

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buddhawood
extraimagination wrote:Too contained. Break outside of the box.

Well I guess beginners don't get a break.

buddhawood

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buddhawood

IF you squint, you can see here what might be the earliest stages of the building of life's building blocks or DNA. Starting with the ribbon floating in a rich morass of bubbly, a party ensues where partners pair up and start the first dance called the double helix two-step. Makes you want to grab a glass of champagne and put on your party hat.

Above is a closeup of the ribbon that is translucent to represent the naked DNA strand before it collected the building blocks and starts the party.

kira227

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kira227

wonderful concept

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: El Huevo

Ok, so maybe the egg isn't your best design ever. But I don't think you could make a design that was actually bad if you tried. It's not in you

CHILLI20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHILLI20

Cwyq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cwyq

Nice design, but I'm not feeling the face of the male lion (maybe more "chin" and less curve in the "bridge of the nose"?). The mane could flow more, too.

jpreddi1990

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpreddi1990
sekiyoku wrote:If you're not up to date with the cool new theory of the moon's creation, you should go to the Museum of Natural History. It's what I did. *dork*

glow in the dark ink definately

acline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acline

sf25819

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sf25819

Copyright infringement? I don't recall ever watching a series about young-adult deformed raver tortoises.

elwayman02

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elwayman02
nbrosas wrote:I don't really like the fact that it's the same style as the LWW one, but this idea is so freaking awesome I have to vote for it and I would buy it.

Yes, but where the LWW shirt was a horrible excuse for a design that should be forgotten more quickly than broccoli, this one is awesome in every way...

CarpoMarx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarpoMarx
Re: Hope Seed

A tree? A tree is beating out tgentry's biblical badassedry & jimiyo's gojira? WTFF? No offense, deucester, it's pretty & all, but wow.

CarpoMarx

CarpoMarx

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
BootsBoots wrote:Ok, so maybe the egg isn't your best design ever. But I don't think you could make a design that was actually bad if you tried. It's not in you

ahuhu! I kinda like it in a weird way, but it doesn't make a very attractive shirt.. :s

Oh, and I've made bad designs, without trying but trust me those will never get anywhere near the internet.. :D

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Rise n' Shine!

Oh! Mornings!!! That is a great way to get into the theme... wish I had thought of that, I'm not a morning person either!

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
BootsBoots wrote:Voting again, captain.

Thanks boots!

BootsBoots

WidowFrog wrote:Hi again,

Do you mind if I ask you what font you are using?

Thanks!

Hi!
It's called "Sweeep." I forget where I got it, though. Thanks for your first comment, too

CarpoMarx

TurboGraphx16 wrote:This looks like something a virgin would wear at a Star Trek convention; not for me, doesn't get my vote.

But yet you're all over the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shirt? Bwahahaha! Irony rules.

BootsBoots

mjc613 wrote:I personally would like Hector to stand out a little more, but otherwise, I agree with the rest of your fan club. ;)

Yeah. I kind of agree with you. I think it's kind of fun to find him, but only if you have the text with it. If I print this one myself later or sub it somewhere else, I think I'm going to incorporate the text into the design.

Sankya for the comments, you guys. Sankya very much.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Birth of Video Gaming

Rejected!

It may exist but this one has the bonus of not having an LCD attached to it!

:P

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: First meeting

sooo cute, is that a volleyball?