eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: The Beginning of Sin

Wow! Your art is starting to remind me of MJ's... and that's an awesome thing!

Very nicely done.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
CarpoMarx wrote:A tree? A tree is beating out tgentry's biblical badassedry & jimiyo's gojira? WTFF? No offense, deucester, it's pretty & all, but wow.

crazy huh? : [

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
eyeslikesugar wrote:Wow! Your art is starting to remind me of MJ's... and that's an awesome thing!

Very nicely done.

I love her designs, and thus, I'm flattered.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
CarpoMarx wrote:But yet you're all over the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shirt? Bwahahaha! Irony rules.

L O L I agree.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
theinfinityloop wrote:This might be me just being picky, but this is a tree-- not a sprout, so how can it be the beginning?

agreed.

To take it further, I am not impressed to see yet more splatter to make an aspect of any your designs. It's boring and uninteresting.

baiguai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baiguai
mjc613 wrote:You need to fix your thumbnail, since it's background does not match the shirts. Also an explanation would be helpful and would probably bring in votes.

Oh! Thanks - I'll fix that tonight!

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: Pocket Aces (resub)

Not sure where I got the T-SHIRT color, thought I grabbed it off of the artist template but obviously did not. I have corrected the color.

On the off topic, I would like to assert that this submission is on topic for this reason:

This is the beginning move in Texas Hold'em. It is called the Flop when the first three cards are turned over. There is a lot of betting and two more cards to come out. A Texas hold'em player would recognize this as a beginning of a hand, a very interesting hand.

fofmock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
Re: Birth of the Moon

Adder is sometimes over-critical, but he wasn't insulting the design, he was pointing out the suspiciously similar account name that commented on this picture. If its not you, then sorry, but if it is, I couldn't agree with him more. I mean if you really feel the need to make new accounts when you buy something for that one or two extra votes, you deserve to be ragged on. That being said, this is a cool design.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: 1928. The birth of an icon.

This is gorgeous, beautifully and realistically sketched. I adore the concept too. My only thing is that the paper in the middle is so heavy and will require a lot of ink. Still GMV.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

effing brilliant.
even using the proepr coinage for the era... why oh why cant all people pay attention to the fine details like that?
you have my votes, and well earned indeed.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Very clever and extremely well done, I hope to see this in the fog soon

peppersagooddog

databit wrote:Not sure where I got the T-SHIRT color, thought I grabbed it off of the artist template but obviously did not. I have corrected the color.

On the off topic, I would like to assert that this submission is on topic for this reason:

This is the beginning move in Texas Hold'em. It is called the Flop when the first three cards are turned over. There is a lot of betting and two more cards to come out. A Texas hold'em player would recognize this as a beginning of a hand, a very interesting hand.

didnt notice this before for some reason, but upon reading your reason i just HAD to comment. as a person from las vegas i would be remiss not telling you that the beginning of a texas hold'em hand is the deal. you are first dealt 2 cards and choose to bet, call, check or fold then. quite a bit happens before the flop. more hands are won or lost in skill games before the flop to tell you the truth.
dont get me wrong, i dont think your design is terrible or anything because of that, im just nit-picking because "a texas hold'em player" knows better ;)

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
fofmock wrote:Adder is sometimes over-critical, but he wasn't insulting the design, he was pointing out the suspiciously similar account name that commented on this picture. If its not you, then sorry, but if it is, I couldn't agree with him more. I mean if you really feel the need to make new accounts when you buy something for that one or two extra votes, you deserve to be ragged on. That being said, this is a cool design.

No offense, but if I made an extra account for one (useless) extra vote, why the hell would I make it almost the exact same name as my account AND also comment on my own picture? That makes absolutely no sense, and I felt like he was being obnoxious (and dumb) for suggesting that.

I'm glad you think it's a cool design though.

MiKEYxCORE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiKEYxCORE
Re: The epic begins

I got it relatively immediately, but my brother had to stare at it for a minute or so. So it's kind of the best of both worlds in that it's not a blatantly outright reference to one's nerdiness (but not something that's totally obscure either). GMV for sure. I want to buy this.

epii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epii
BootsBoots wrote:Yeah. I kind of agree with you. I think it's kind of fun to find him, but only if you have the text with it. If I print this one myself later or sub it somewhere else, I think I'm going to incorporate the text into the design.

Sankya for the comments, you guys. Sankya very much.

I agree the text included would be nice, but I kind of like it without--since most people wouldn't see him right away, he'd be like your own little eevil secret...=)
I love it no matter what, though, and want to own it!

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: Pocket Aces

It has text too, though.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

As a big Disney fan (no I'm not ashamed) I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Hope it prints! Nicely done.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: Pocket Aces (resub)

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: The Beginning of Sin

Oh this turned out great, Sharp! I love the detail on the snake and his red eyes. GMV!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
planeshifter2 wrote:Do you ever shut up?

I'm betting he doesn't speak his posts as he types them.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Aw, this is moving down. This was one of my favorite designs of yours too.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
sekiyoku wrote:Aw, this is moving down. This was one of my favorite designs of yours too.

W.t.f. woot, why do you do this to me. I need to just give up on these damn derbies.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

punkfiveo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkfiveo

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Darquis wrote:I'm betting he doesn't speak his posts as he types them.

And you would be wrong. I am actually releasing a CD of my Greatest Forum Hits.

CherrieGirl31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CherrieGirl31

I think it would be cute on a cream colored shirt!!

Re: First meeting

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
databit wrote:The shirt is on topic as anyone who is familiar with Texas hold'em can attest to. The beginning move is the flop in which the first three cards are put out.

But before the flop, there's already betting. The flop is hardly the beginning.

But even if they counted it as on topic, it's not on an available shirt colour, and you used text (the A on each card counts).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
tgentry wrote:The Beginning of the End

I like the concept, I just feel like I'm on a warm color overload here - for my taste it's too much read and orange without much to offset it. Still gonna vote it up though.

thomaswaldh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomaswaldh

ooohh i know that...
spiderman, right?

thomaswaldh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thomaswaldh

great!

loving it!

eHalcyon

databit wrote:This is the beginning move in Texas Hold'em. It is called the Flop when the first three cards are turned over. There is a lot of betting and two more cards to come out. A Texas hold'em player would recognize this as a beginning of a hand, a very interesting hand.

I guess I can say it again... the flop isn't the beginning - there's betting before the community cards are even dealt. Also, no text is allowed this week, and the A on an ace counts as text. =\ Better luck next week.

eHalcyon

fofmock wrote:Adder is sometimes over-critical, but he wasn't insulting the design, he was pointing out the suspiciously similar account name that commented on this picture. If its not you, then sorry, but if it is, I couldn't agree with him more. I mean if you really feel the need to make new accounts when you buy something for that one or two extra votes, you deserve to be ragged on. That being said, this is a cool design.

I do find it a bit unfair of Adder to jump to that conclusion. He should know better than anyone about dopplegangers what with AdderYXU about.

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
Re: Math Problem

I predict the next fashion wave will be... math shirts. I already have a physics shirt and two math shirts, but this design nicely combines the two.

peppersagooddog

eHalcyon wrote:I guess I can say it again... the flop isn't the beginning - there's betting before the community cards are even dealt. Also, no text is allowed this week, and the A on an ace counts as text. =\ Better luck next week.

dont bother, he just keeps taking it out and resubing it. i told him already as well. check the thead he cant erase ;)

spike109u

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spike109u

This is a great portrayal of what makes a phoenix a phoenix. You most definitely have my vote.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

Clever! You have my vote!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

eHalcyon

peppersagooddog wrote:dont bother, he just keeps taking it out and resubing it. i told him already as well. check the thead he cant erase ;)

Yeah, I didn't notice you already said something. XP

Ho hum...

toadann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toadann

As a cast member of the Disney franchise I WILL buy this and possible more then just one. Love this idea! Remember it all started with a mouse!

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
bitz wrote:Not a big fan of the franchise, but man, this is good!

Ditto. Gets my vote because it's so well done.

epii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epii
Re: Birth of the Moon

I really want to like this--I do love the intensity of the colors and the concept--but the swirly lines coming off the side really kill it for me. To me, it takes away from the feeling of impact you should expect from two massive bodies colliding. Swirls remind me of leisurely floating, not violent collision.
Just my thoughts.