tinkochu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinkochu
Re: Spring Beginning

LOVE IT! vote vote vote
I like how the design is enlarged and the blue birds are pretty uber too

sylph01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sylph01
sylph01 wrote:So you get your amusement from denigrating other people and proving how you need to spew negativity in order to feel self-actualized. Try getting a life. Or some therapy. Any way you slice it, it's entirely pathetic that you can't enjoy your life without trying to make someone else unhappy. Perhaps you should do some growing up before you release your fingers on someone else.

That was supposed to be replying to Adder, who should learn the power of constructive criticism...

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
bradyson wrote:I hate you because this is not in the fog, but I love you because you give us such wonderful wallpaper. I am so confused...
:c)

I hate that you're confused!

BootsBoots

Re: 2009 Year of the Ox

I can't say that I'm completely crazy about the design itself, but I think this style really suits you. I think you should keep going in this direction. It looks good.

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: The Bad Egg

this is another amazing design. You have become my favorite t-shirt designer. I want to buy truckloads of your shirts.

BootsBoots

fofmock wrote:Hmmm... this isn't as well accepted as i thought it would be... I thought this one came out pretty good... oh well, another week another try :P

I think it came out really well too. There's no telling what people will like though.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
AGrant311 wrote:You know, if you go back back and check the voting number for some of the previous derbies, sometimes it is only a very small handful of votes (less than 10)that does make the difference between being printed as a third place or not being printed at all. So let's not consider a vote useless.

Technically speaking, even with your example, a single vote is still relatively meaningless...:-P.

BootsBoots

Re: Horror Beginnings

Not crazy about the style you used for this one, but the idea, composition and colors are just great, D1. It gets my vote for that.

BootsBoots

qdibble wrote:this is another amazing design. You have become my favorite t-shirt designer. I want to buy truckloads of your shirts.

Aww... thanks qdibble. I'm beaming now.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: The Creation of Artificial Intelligence

The Masterpiece "Creation of Adam" by Michelangelo from the Sistine Chapel in Rome has always been one of my favorite Piece of Art. Although I never been to Rome to see it up close. I would love to one day....we'll see. I hope everyone likes this design and I hope I didn't offended anyone. So here is the Second Chapter of a New Era. "Creation of AI"

agentandrew002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages agentandrew002

Thanks, I haven't sent it the print ready file yet so I'll change those things, Any other suggestions anyone?

Stellardig

mjc613 wrote:I love the inventiveness of this design.

Thank you mjc613,

I had fun designing this recreation of Michealangelo Masterpiece. Thank you Stellardig

macntosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macntosh
Re: 1928. The birth of an icon.

Daughter is going on a Make A Wish trip to Disney in February and I would love to have this shirt to wear! Simple but not too much Disneyfied.

Stellardig

I didn't get it at first, but after reading all the omments I got it! I like it! This is something that Disney could even pick up. Great job. GMV

BootsBoots

sekiyoku wrote:Sorry, I mean no offense to anyone else, but I'm very sick of Adder. All he has done (from my viewpoint) is complain and harass me, and I really don't want to take it lying down. I'm generally a very nice person though.

From what I can tell, Adder is helpful at times and not a bad person in some situations, but also very offensive and hypocritical in others. You really can't blame me for not liking him when he follows me around flaming me.

Yeah. I see your point. I just thought I'd jump in and say that I value Adder's opinion (which I do) since he always seems to have so many people against him. By the way, I'm hoping to get a really cool costume now that I've professed to being on the side of evil (or is it the side of good? Pssst... Adder, which side are we on?)

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
HeartlineTwist wrote:Technically speaking, even with your example, a single vote is still relatively meaningless...:-P.

But if 10 people think their single vote is meaningless (that's 10 votes)... And if someone has five or six accounts, each with a purchase... In the Optimism derby, only 6 votes seperated the printed third place from the unprinted fourth place.
Remember, all the single votes added together equal the big picture.

Stellardig

Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)

Nice job! Simple and Easy! Now... what are you going to put on the shirt? Just joking! Great job! Stellardig

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
BootsBoots wrote:Not crazy about the style you used for this one, but the idea, composition and colors are just great, D1. It gets my vote for that.

Thanks for the reply and the mercy vote. l o l

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
BootsBoots wrote:Yeah. I see your point. I just thought I'd jump in and say that I value Adder's opinion (which I do) since he always seems to have so many people against him. By the way, I'm hoping to get a really cool costume now that I've professed to being on the side of evil (or is it the side of good? Pssst... Adder, which side are we on?)

Boots, what side are the Turnips of Justice on? That earlier posting just made me laugh.

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy

Pandering to animators. You should be ashamed. It totally has my vote, but you should be ashamed.

[/url]

Stellardig

Re: Beginning of the Day

Even if the sun has gradients it's still an Awesome design. It reminds me of SoCal! Great job! GMV Stellardig

Stellardig

Re: The Bad Egg

Quick on the Draw! Get it! hahaha. This is Very Cool. Pretty Sweet!. GMV Stellardig

Keelmy

Re: She Let Them Go

Between your two subs, this is the one that does it for me. I love the colors and it's Tim Burton-esque style.

[/url]

agentandrew002

agentandrew002

Keelmy

Re: Not yours!

Heh this is super cute. Shame to not see this doing better.

[/url]

WidowFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WidowFrog
BootsBoots wrote:Hi!
It's called "Sweeep." I forget where I got it, though. Thanks for your first comment, too

Thanks! I found it ^.^

Anyway, I just wanted to say again that I really love this shirt... and if you print it (I hope with the text!) I really want to buy it.

I find myself wanting to follow Hector on his adventures. Would be a lovely Children's book series.

Gosh, I really want this... :D

Keelmy

Re: First meeting

I think it would have worked better w/o the shadows but it's cute otherwise.

[/url]

agentandrew002

Does the palm tree on the left look good? And the little things on the sun are birds, btw,

Galaxie64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Galaxie64

That's actually pretty funny, gets my vote.

acleogirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acleogirl
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)

This is one of the cutest shirts I've ever seen. I hope it makes it to the fog. I would definitely buy one.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
databit wrote:People do get a bit elitest here don't they.

It is not like as if this entry is actually going to win, there is no real threat to your entries.

No elitism. Just people who like poker.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SarahvonAwesome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SarahvonAwesome
BootsBoots wrote:You're not slow, you're probably just deeper-minded than me. It doesn't stand for or reference anything other than releasing caged birds (your standard new beginning cheesy symbolism, I guess). I like to put a lot of weird elements into my designs just to make them interesting. People can interpret them any way they want. That's part of the fun, I think. Like, the birds are kind of creepy looking, so maybe she's just released evil into the world, but feels that keeping it locked up was unnatural? I dunno. That wasn't going through my head at the time. I usually just try to make images that are slightly bizarre (hence the goggles and scarf) and that try to evoke some feeling. It's what I like.

Thanks, thanks, thanks for the comments, peeps. Both the good ones and the stinky ones.

Okay, this is my first post, so get ready...

My first interpretation was that it was the beginning of the journey the birds were taking her on. I saw a hint of aviation in her goggles and scarf and assumed that the birds were tangling in her hair and taking her away...is that not what you were going for?

Either way, it's a beautiful design.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:My dopplegangers are blank-boxed trolls. Seki's is not.

Also, let us not forget forum dynamics. There are explanations for why someone would make a fake Adder account. If someone really wanted to be Sekiyoku that badly, they could just register Ramyb.

And there's also that little spurt earlier re: Ramy and Seki's questionable convention ethics. I feel there is plenty reason enough to be inquisitive.

Inquisitive? Certainly. But however suspicious I am, I avoid assumptions and give people the benefit of the doubt until some hard evidence shows up. sekiyuko could just be a crazy fangirl. And there is the point that, in all likelihood, if someone was to make an extra account for nefarious purposes, they wouldn't choose a username so close to their regular one.

HeartlineTwist wrote:Technically speaking, even with your example, a single vote is still relatively meaningless...:-P.

In the past, there have been designs in the fog that ended only a single vote apart, not to mention several ties. I think sokowa's Lighthouse design in the Home derby lost by 1 vote.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

CarpoMarx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarpoMarx

BootsBoots

SarahvonAwesome wrote:Okay, this is my first post, so get ready...

My first interpretation was that it was the beginning of the journey the birds were taking her on. I saw a hint of aviation in her goggles and scarf and assumed that the birds were tangling in her hair and taking her away...is that not what you were going for?

Either way, it's a beautiful design.

That's actually pretty close to what was going on in my head when I did it. The goggles and scarf were an afterthought, but they seemed to fit in nicely. It was just a very vague idea, though. I didn't really think it was fleshed out enough to say, "Here! This is what I'm saying with this design!" Good call, though

(Yay to your first post! and I love your name)

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson
viper88c wrote:This is Great! Very creative. got my vote

Thanks, I figured it would be different. But it looks like it is not working for a shirt design.

crunchybitesized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchybitesized
Re: An Inauspicious Beginning

...and anyone who knows anything about mythical creatures knows that this is only gonna' get worse...

ashleycrandle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashleycrandle
zekecatz wrote:Love the expressions. GMV

love it!!

Ashley Crandle

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:In the past, there have been designs in the fog that ended only a single vote apart, not to mention several ties. I think sokowa's Lighthouse design in the Home derby lost by 1 vote.

Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.

As for matters of suspicion, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe in knowing your suspects. If RobGlenn steals ideas, we approach his work presuming he did it again. If CheeseSandwich steals images, we approach hers wondering where she got it. And if a user is known to create multiple accounts at other locations and use unsavory methods of self-promotion, we should be incredibly realistic that at a site where nearly everyone seems to have extra accounts, the chance of any given user having a second vote account is very high, and occam's razor states that someone associated in account fraud elsewhere has a very good chance of it somewhere where those accounts can make them serious bank. Unless we assume that someone was so blown away by seki's work that they created a fan account within 20 days of her first entry to the derby, before she ever even printed at woot. I prefer the tinfoil hat. I'd rather be alert and wrong than let my guard down when I shouldn't.