jda318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jda318

basilisk??

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: A new beginning...

Cool design... are those halftones? Can't tell.

kaylamom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaylamom
jda318 wrote:basilisk??

yah!

BaldrickXYU

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaldrickXYU
AdderXYU wrote:Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.

As for matters of suspicion, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe in knowing your suspects. If RobGlenn steals ideas, we approach his work presuming he did it again. If CheeseSandwich steals images, we approach hers wondering where she got it. And if a user is known to create multiple accounts at other locations and use unsavory methods of self-promotion, we should be incredibly realistic that at a site where nearly everyone seems to have extra accounts, the chance of any given user having a second vote account is very high, and occam's razor states that someone associated in account fraud elsewhere has a very good chance of it somewhere where those accounts can make them serious bank. Unless we assume that someone was so blown away by seki's work that they created a fan account within 20 days of her first entry to the derby, before she ever even printed at woot. I prefer the tinfoil hat. I'd rather be alert and wrong than let my guard down when I shouldn't.

Wow, it's really easy to create a whole new account. I thought I'd at least need another credit card or something, but I guess not. I kind of like this new identity. Adder, I have a cunning plan.....

deaddude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deaddude
dekonstruct wrote:This reminds me of the fountain, a supremely sad movie.

fixed.

great design, though. got my vote.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Keelmy wrote:Pandering to animators. You should be ashamed. It totally has my vote, but you should be ashamed.

Don't be such a Pander Bear...

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
BaldrickXYU wrote:Wow, it's really easy to create a whole new account. I thought I'd at least need another credit card or something, but I guess not. I kind of like this new identity. Adder, I have a cunning plan.....

Yeah, but you can't vote yet.

I must profess that as much as I argue for the fun of it, I somewhat support most of Adder's frustration and even some of his points, even if I think there are better ways to make them. On top of that, I also seem to realize that I don't think shirt.woot is going to make some massive conversion any time soon, so it gets tiring to see the same thing over and over again.

I think I, out of curiosity, will start asking Adder and every other vocal complainer which three designs they would have picked to print. I think it'd be fun to do every derby. It'd also be interesting if someone compiled the vote number totals and compared them to actual votes. Hrmmm.

TurnipsOfJustice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurnipsOfJustice
Re: Birth of the Moon

::SWOOOOSH!::

BEHOLD! THE TURNIPS OF JUSTICE HAS ARRIVED! WHEREVER THERE'S AN EVIL FAKE ACCOUNT HOLDER, I'LL BE THERE! BALDRICK! SEKI-DOPPLEGANGER! BEGONE! LEST YOU FEEL THE WRATH OF MY HEFTY ORGANIC BOSOM! OFF I GO NOW TO DELIVER VICTORIA'S SECRET CATALOGS TO POOR YOUNG BOYS WHOSE PARENTS DON'T SUBSCRIBE, BUT I'LL BE BACK!

lxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lxa
ISO30 wrote:Cool design... are those halftones? Can't tell.

No, just airbrushing. Thanks for the words about the design

WLewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WLewis
bradyson wrote:I'm trying to understand the cord end connections. They look different, but I'm thinking they should be the same. I don't see why they would be connecting to each other, they would both be connecting/disconnecting to a life source.

Heres my explanation to my image. Children seem to begin life watching tv and surfing the web. So one of the umbilical cords is a cat 5 cable and the other is coax.

nayavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nayavin
Re: An Artist's Beginning

The supreme blank canvass, a window to the rest of the world, an outlet into our very existence: A blank tee shirt. Beautifully toned with white, this entry delivers all aspects of the beginning, both figuratively and literally. White, the absence of color, the absence of progress, shows us all that we can feel within ourselves, all that we can make of ourselves, and all that we can do with ourselves.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
eHalcyon wrote:No elitism. Just people who like poker.

Elitist comment is more along the lines of people nit picking over whether the letter A on the cards is text whereas I would consider it more of part of the graphics. The original submission was not rejected on text.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
databit wrote:Elitist comment is more along the lines of people nit picking over whether the letter A on the cards is text whereas I would consider it more of part of the graphics. The original submission was not rejected on text.

That's not elitism either. I'm sorry if it read that way. I was just attempting to help you understand Woot's rules. When they say "no text", they mean it - "text" includes all letters, numbers, punctuation, foreign characters (i.e. asian characters), basically anything that can be found on the keyboard. New designers often underestimate the breadth that Woot's "no text" rule covers. Anyway, the rejectionator isn't going to list off every single problem with every design.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
nayavin wrote:The supreme blank canvass, a window to the rest of the world, an outlet into our very existence: A blank tee shirt. Beautifully toned with white, this entry delivers all aspects of the beginning, both figuratively and literally. White, the absence of color, the absence of progress, shows us all that we can feel within ourselves, all that we can make of ourselves, and all that we can do with ourselves.

good luck with that.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.

As for matters of suspicion, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe in knowing your suspects. If RobGlenn steals ideas, we approach his work presuming he did it again. If CheeseSandwich steals images, we approach hers wondering where she got it. And if a user is known to create multiple accounts at other locations and use unsavory methods of self-promotion, we should be incredibly realistic that at a site where nearly everyone seems to have extra accounts, the chance of any given user having a second vote account is very high, and occam's razor states that someone associated in account fraud elsewhere has a very good chance of it somewhere where those accounts can make them serious bank. Unless we assume that someone was so blown away by seki's work that they created a fan account within 20 days of her first entry to the derby, before she ever even printed at woot. I prefer the tinfoil hat. I'd rather be alert and wrong than let my guard down when I shouldn't.

Again I say, "if someone was to make an extra account for nefarious purposes, they wouldn't choose a username so close to their regular one." Even so, I agree with all your reasoning. I also agree that we should wear the metaphorical tinfoil hat, but that doesn't mean we should state any suspicions as if they were fact. For all we know, this is all a clever ruse by some sekiyoku hater who thought, "if I make a fake account name that looks very similar to sekiyoku's and post with it a few times, people will notice and she'll be accused of cheating." Hooray conspiracy theories?

Certainly, approach with caution. Certainly, state the facts and note how suspicious the circumstances are. But it's still just speculation, and stating that as fact just isn't good form. Assumptions, heh.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

BaldrickXYU

TurnipsOfJustice wrote:::SWOOOOSH!::

BEHOLD! THE TURNIPS OF JUSTICE HAS ARRIVED! WHEREVER THERE'S AN EVIL FAKE ACCOUNT HOLDER, I'LL BE THERE! BALDRICK! SEKI-DOPPLEGANGER! BEGONE! LEST YOU FEEL THE WRATH OF MY HEFTY ORGANIC BOSOM! OFF I GO NOW TO DELIVER VICTORIA'S SECRET CATALOGS TO POOR YOUNG BOYS WHOSE PARENTS DON'T SUBSCRIBE, BUT I'LL BE BACK!

I would love nothing more than to feel the heft of your organic bosom.

Adder: "First Name?"
Baldrick: "I'm not sure."
Adder: "Come on, you MUST have a first name."
Baldrick: "It might be Sod Off."
Adder: "Sod Off??"
Baldrick: "Yeah, when I was a young lad playing in the gutter, I used to say to all the other snipes, "'Allo, my names Baldrick". And they'd say, "Yes we know, Sod Off Baldrick"

BaldrickXYU

HeartlineTwist wrote:Yeah, but you can't vote yet.

Just wait, my dear Twist. Soon. Just as soon as a shirt that doesn't suck mightily comes up for sale.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

@Patchitect - If they reject mine, I'll turn it into a flaming penguin design and resub it.

@phoenixgirrl, HalfBakedScheme, thomaswaldh, firecat1968, bradyson - Thanks!

@CarpoMarx - l o l. It's okay.

@spike109u - I'm glad you think so! Thanks!

@Jestik - It'll glow. It'll even feel nice and warm. :P

@noisdois - Silly. We've had the same amount of prints. In fact, yours stayed up for sale A LOT longer than mine. Thank you though. :D

Tahoe85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tahoe85

LOVE this shirt! GMV for sure!

Tahoe85

I like this shirt - I'd buy one for sure. GMV!

Tahoe85

VERY cook shirt! I would SO buy this! Thanks! GMV.

Tahoe85

Beautiful shirt. So much said in one simple design. Love it! GMV!

Tahoe85

I belly laughed when I saw this. I have too many nieces, nephews, my own children (!!!) to give this to! GREAT job! GMV!

Tahoe85

I like it a lot. GMV!

theinfinityloop

sf25819 wrote:What's the fastest a shirt has ever sold out because I'm thinking this might beat it.

I could be mistaken, but I believe it was Bandolier Of Carrots. It was a detour in a Woot-Off. I think it sold out in, like, 30 minutes. Although the blue shell shirt sold out pretty quickly as well.

I was a HUGE TMNT fan when I was younger, so I might consider purchasing this. I'm just a little tired of the distressed look, though.

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog

nice simple design.

theinfinityloop

Re: A New Calling

Good job on this, Nois. Good use of negative space.

theinfinityloop

Re: Birth of A Tree

Nice job on this one. I think the only thing that would improve it would be to make the tree trunk a little more curvy. That's just my opinion though. Still GMV.

theinfinityloop

Re: Earth: some (dis)assembly required

Pangea! This is a pretty neat concept for a shirt. I think it would add to it a bit if the dotted lines were white. Not sure though. Still gmv.

theinfinityloop

Re: The Bad Egg

I really like this one Boots. I agree with MJ though about Hector needing to stand out more. It's still enjoyable though. As usual, wonderful color scheme.

ramyb wrote:Is it weird that it bugs me that there is nothing inside their mouths? The beaks look sort of like spikes coming out of their faces- Either way though, cute design and idea

I thought that was a little strange too at first, but then I liked it, because that's her style. It makes them different and not boring.

theinfinityloop

Re: The Open Road Outback

Oh, you did a wonderful job on the fur. This is super cute! GMV!

theinfinityloop

Re: The Start of True Love

Nice colors. The hedgehog may have to invest in some scuba gear--or at least snorkeling gear. ;) GMV!

theinfinityloop

Re: There Will Be Cookies

Dammit now I want cookie dough!!! Mmmmmmmmmmm. GMV just for reminding me how yummy homemade cookie dough is. Screw salmonella.

theinfinityloop

Re: A New Friendship

This looks like my doggie. I must vote now.

theinfinityloop

Re: Waiting for the rain

I like this. Good use of side placement and bright colors.

theinfinityloop

Re: The Race Begins

I like how the bananas are coming out of the exhaust. Nice touch. ^^

theinfinityloop

Re: The Creation of Artificial Intelligence

Good job on this. I like the tecture and colors. Interesting concept too.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
D1C0M wrote:Thanks for the reply and the mercy vote. l o l

Enh, you know. I'd certainly wear it, although I wouldn't buy it. I'm not sure why the votes are THIS low. Jeez. Maybe horror movies have become un-PC and we just didn't hear about it?

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005
ashleycrandle wrote:love it!!

Thanks everyone! and thanks for voting!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

if you submitted a black shirt it'd get rejected for having too many colors. ;>