Alopekos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alopekos
Re: The Genesis Clock

I really hope this makes it! I love the design.

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: Life Renewed

It's a gorgeous phoenix shirt, but I'm still unable to convince myself that the world is lacking in phoenix shirts such that this adds to it over some of the other designs in the hunt.

PhilSandifer

Re: 1928. The birth of an icon.

One of my favorites I've seen in a derby. Absolutely GMV, and may it fog. (Which it seems on track to do)

PhilSandifer

Re: Hope Seed

Pretty, I suppose, but it looks like background noise. I don't think, walking past someone with this shirt, I'd take a second glance. It just lacks that punch.

Alopekos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alopekos
Re: Evolution came first

ahuhu, I like it!

PhilSandifer

Re: The Bad Egg

Along with the Mickey Mouse one, my pick of the Derby. Really hoping this one gets into Double Take for a second shot.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
PhilSandifer wrote:Don't like the composition at all. This will look awful on anyone with even a little bit of a gut.

Do you have an constructive advice?

sniper9900

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sniper9900

Thats nice

khouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khouse

I would buy this immediately.

PhilSandifer

mjc613 wrote:Do you have an constructive advice?

Hm. Something going up towards the top - a tall ladder, perhaps. Just something that, for people with a gut, won't result in this shirt always amounting to a distorted image stretched over the stomach and curved.

khouse

Re: Poop in someone's mouth

This is the best shirt on shirt.woot.com EVER

alexcampbell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexcampbell
khouse wrote:This is the best shirt on shirt.woot.com EVER

+1

sniper9900

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sniper9900

yeah great!

khouse

I believe this is the beginning of an internet trend of people obsessed with fecal matter.

It's awesome.

Kaliko2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
Re: The Beginning of the Frustration

Because we all know that the beginning of the frustration starts with that darn blue portal.

thesis4eva

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thesis4eva
Re: The Open Road Outback

I love platypuses. They are not used often enough.

disgruntled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disgruntled
Re: It all begins with the candy like button

looks more like a hat than a button. perhaps if the ring around it was a different color.

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble

I just wanted to add my opinion about what you should change about this shirt: nothing. I love the freaky style of the pointy beaks and I also love the subtlety of Hector's position within the shirt. As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't stand out...it's not his style. ;o]

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Math Problem

It's been a few years since I've had to do a FBD, but I don't think the diagram for the pendulum is very useful. What forces are being represented by the arrows on the sphere? The downward force is gravity and the one pointing to the lower right is momentum or something (gah, memory failing me!). But I can't figure out what the one going to the upper left might represent. Also, for the two that make sense, I can't figure out why you would connect them with the dotted line or measure that particular angle. If you wanted to find the net force, you would translate one of the arrows so that match tip-to-end.

The upper dotted green line corresponds to the mystery force, so perhaps it's supposed to indicate the full swing to the left? But then I have to wonder why the diagram wasn't drawn with the weight at the end of a swing to begin with.

I may be interpreting it all incorrectly, and perhaps your diagram actually makes perfect sense. As I said, it's been a while. I only bothered to analyze it this much because it's a really interesting design. I'm an engineering student (computer software, which is why I haven't done a FBD for a while).

Also, I commend you for drawing your diagrams with colour. I never bothered. XP

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
eHalcyon wrote:They do call it the "Theory of Evolution". But can we not get into an evolution debate? I hate those.

The DA debacle concerns two people pretending to be many people in order to further their own interests. I think that correlates well to using multiple accounts. I'm not knowledgeable of DA, but people who are seem to know all about it, and the people who brought up the issue seem to have done their research.

I'd hardly call it research when the provided evidence is all hearsay. If extensive research were actually done, it would be seen that the claims about foul play started happening before it could even transpire, from people who sound a lot like adder does on this thread. I would love to fill you in on the details via PM, but I feel that this thread is not the place to do so.

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
khouse wrote:I believe this is the beginning of an internet trend of people obsessed with fecal matter.

It's awesome.

beginning of a fetish?
beginning of a bowel movement?
beginning of a relationship?

check check check

alexcampbell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexcampbell
goldfishinapicklejar wrote:beginning of a fetish?
beginning of a bowel movement?
beginning of a relationship?

check check check

Vote!

eHalcyon

ramyb wrote:I'd hardly call it research when the provided evidence is all hearsay. If extensive research were actually done, it would be seen that the claims about foul play started happening before it could even transpire, from people who sound a lot like adder does on this thread.

There was photographic evidence. It was impressive. And the people who brought it up seem to have based their claims on their collective observations, not on hear-say. But as I said, I really don't know much about DA or the goings-on there. I was just disagreeing with your assertion that "there is no real life equivalent" for Adder's analogy.

brizday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizday

Love this shirt and voted for it but confused by one thing... the bird to the right of Hector looks like he has a beak coming out of his butt... am I looking at it wrong? Where's the eye?

Anteatr23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anteatr23

This shirt very much reminds of the beginning of my life

eHalcyon

Among _other_ problems, this design is outside the printing boundaries - woot won't print all the way up to the collar.

eHalcyon

brizday wrote:Love this shirt and voted for it but confused by one thing... the bird to the right of Hector looks like he has a beak coming out of his butt... am I looking at it wrong? Where's the eye?

The one above hector doesn't seem to have eyes either. I think that's perspective though.

Hector is teh awesome, boots. I really like the texture on the eggs too.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
eHalcyon wrote:There was photographic evidence. It was impressive. And the people who brought it up seem to have based their claims on their collective observations, not on hear-say. But as I said, I really don't know much about DA or the goings-on there. I was just disagreeing with your assertion that "there is no real life equivalent" for Adder's analogy.

Sent you a PM

disgruntled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages disgruntled

how the hell did this thing get a +6? it bothers me that 6 people would vote this

Kaliko2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
Re: The Beginning of the Frustration

This was practice for myself really, I was trying to figure out the whole proportions of the shirt and design images.
How does it look?

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Wonderbunny wrote:I know this is a fish egg...but every time I see it all I can think is a gooy sphere of cheese. hehe.

I'm pretty sure it's the Sun.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

Thanks for the support everyone! This noble creature needs more love.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Soup's On!

Hehehe, this one is very funny Very cute, too.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: An Artist's Beginning

Do you know how long I sat there, waiting for the image for this shirt to load, looking at all the other shirts' little icon thingies, but this one was still never there? So finally I clicked on it.

HAH! Such a waste of time.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

octo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octo

this shirt is made of win. 100% win.

eHalcyon

SydneyB wrote:I'm pretty sure it's the Sun.

Fable confirmed that it's a fish egg.

scuzzmaster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scuzzmaster11

christ almighty, i'm gonna get flamed for this . . . . . but, if you have a gut, do something about it. if you need an artist to modify the design to accommodate your stomach, you should maybe eat less and exercise more?

wootvan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages wootvan
Re: The Cold War Begins

Could this be Sarah Palin looking out of her back yard at Russia?

crunchybitesized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchybitesized
Re: First Spark of Kindred Love

Anyone wanting a larger view, Click Here!

burnsy42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burnsy42
masterkraig wrote:burnsy42: Thanks a lot! Yeah I spent a while on the thumbnail, it was very difficult due to its shape and focus on two separate items. I hope it gets the votes!

ms4guy: Thanks, the birds are actually upside down to match the tree, best seen in the thumbnail with the bird on the branch. I changed the color because they didn't stand out as being an important part of the shadow, and the birds really mark this as a tree and not messed up roots. (I loved mgs4 by the way.)

burnsy42 (again): I guess that was my decided hook for the thumbnail, someone wondering why the birds were upside down in a tree.

Thanks

I didn't realize they were upside down in the thumbnail. One of 'em has it's sings up, the other has 'em down. Who's to say that one isn't the other? And the one sitting in the tree didn't even register as a bird until I realized that it was SUPPOSED to be upside down. Which only came after I had clicked. You see the problem. . . Either way, I see you're moving up. Good luck!