eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
zenmaster84 wrote:Don't be sorry, I just know that I used 5 different colors with different size airbrushes...if this is halftones so yes...if not, so no

Actually, airbrushing with a soft-edged brush results in pixels that are partially transparent. It's akin to a gradient, which woot may not be able to do.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

BNLChris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BNLChris
Kaliko2005 wrote:mickey mouse?

This is a very good design. I love Disney, and Mickey...I am not ashamed...I want to be part of the college program they have. And again I love this...Walt is one of my heroes...and as someone else posted...It all started with a mouse.
Why oh why can't people see this amazingness?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Kaliko2005 wrote:For anyone who has stumbled upon this comment I am curious about the color limitations. Are we limited to only the colors on the template or may we use others (such as different shades of those colors)? It seems that the winning shirts are using other shades

The template gives you available shirt colours. For the actual design, you should choose from pantone swatches. If you don't mind, you can just use regular RGB colours and, should you print, woot will choose matching pantones for you - but that doesn't always turn otu well.

Kaliko2005 wrote:why is that?

It's "old", according to the rejectionator. Sometimes they get by, but for the most part, portal shirts are rejected. There's a portal-referencing shirt still available from woot.

Kaliko2005 wrote:i had a problem with my files being too large.
everytime i turned up the DPI it was over 20 MB
not sure how to fix it.
other than that what would you suggest i do to "clean it up"?

Turning up the DPI is not the way to go. Increasing resolution will cause the loss of detail and crispness of the design. You should create your design at 300 dpi on a 20" x 16" canvas. As for file size - I think it may depend on the colours in the design. My print ready files (PSD format) vary in size... most of the ones I've checked are only around 5 MB, but at least one was over 50 (which surprised me). Regarding clean up - the blurry edges on the arrow could be made crisper and the stray pixels around the blue portal could be removed.

Hope that helps!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Poop in someone's mouth

Why'd you have to submit this so late? This would've rocked if you entered at noon, man.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: The Frustration

NO MOTHA fraggin' PORTAL ON MY WOOT DAWG

Shenorock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shenorock

I also liked this design a lot. I'd buy it =)

LuminousMuse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LuminousMuse

Wait...I thought this was shirt woot, not shyt woot...

hotcha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha

[quote postid="2902415" user="gizmoduck1234"]It makes plenty of sense. The "artist" could have added his own personal twist on it...quote]

You've already tried to made this point. I don't see why you're repeating yourself, since you weren't very convincing last time. I also wonder why you waste so much time here, since you obviously have such a low opinion of everyone. That this tshirt seems to have so offended your standards for artistic integrity is morbidly hilarious.

What makes the shirt interesting is that it's a well done slightly oblique cultural refence. It's also simple, clean, and uncluttered. Adding alternate spins could also have made for a good shirt, but in an antithetical way. I'm glad it was designed the way it was, and my only concern is that too many people are going to buy it, and that i'll see it around town. I hate that.

sf25819

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sf25819

Will buy 3 if it prints!

ItsMrNick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ItsMrNick
Re: Confused Chicken

cluck!

hawleyjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hawleyjo

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
thethatcher wrote:nothing to be ashamed about

I was being facetious.
I voted for it.
I r an1mat0r two.

Group hug?

[/url]

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin
Re: A New Generation is Born

I thought that was John Locke with a clown nose for a sec there. :P

szacoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages szacoc

Thanks Al.

alexcampbell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexcampbell

Hater

alexcampbell

alexcampbell wrote:Hater

how the hell did this thing get a +6? it bothers me that 6 people would vote this

Stop being so Disgruntled :[

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32

BEST.SHIRT.EVER!

In for at least 1.

Re: The epic begins

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

piankeshaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piankeshaw

WOOT!!! This is fantastic!!! Love it. Finally, we get away from Kindergarten Kollage and get to the "meat" of the matter. ahuhu!!

Fortune favors the brave.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Spring Beginning

halfbaked, captainkeekles, smedgrick and tinkochu thanks very much for your nice comments!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: An Artist's Beginning

What does a white rabbit in a show storm have to do with a beginning? Or is this the cow eating grass picture? He ate all the grass then left.

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
gizmoduck1234 wrote:

And please don't bother with the "there's no original ideas under the sun" defense that's usually used when someone blatantly copies other people's ideas. There's plenty of new ideas to be had and twists on old ideas, you just have to TRY to find them.
Its a shame that i myself am a forum troll and cannot accept that i should be quiet about this subject .

Hmmm. Maybe you should take a second look at this shirt buddy. Its just four turtles and a vial of something. Yes its a parody of the TMNT, but it's DEADFROGS interpretation of that scene and not a complete blatant copy as you say it is. He added his unique cute style and the cool scratchy thing he does and added some humour in that cool upside down turtle.

I don't remember seeing that EXACT same thing in the movie or the cartoon. If you can show me this EXACT scene, the EXACT way that deadfrog has done it, in the movie, then i will happily eat my shoes, and maybe my hat too.

If not then kindly step away from that keyboard and stop going on and on about it.

P.S. If you don't like the way things work round these parts then please feel free to leave and take your futile arguments elsewhere. Or attempt to be nice to people.
Im sure the latter isn't too unacheivable??
Theres always a way to get your point across without ranting or being mean.

P.P.S. Deadfrog i think this design is awesome by the way. GMV!!!

Good day to you sir!!!

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
brizday wrote:Love this shirt and voted for it but confused by one thing... the bird to the right of Hector looks like he has a beak coming out of his butt... am I looking at it wrong? Where's the eye?

They're legs.

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32

The first time I have ever wanted to put in a negative vote.

I know its a joke and I'm usually not this square but seriously?

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
scuzzmaster11 wrote:christ almighty, i'm gonna get flamed for this . . . . . but, if you have a gut, do something about it. if you need an artist to modify the design to accommodate your stomach, you should maybe eat less and exercise more?

If you're going to make art with a practical purpose, face the reality of its use.

alexcampbell

omnipotent32 wrote:The first time I have ever wanted to put in a negative vote.

I know its a joke and I'm usually not this square but seriously?

Square Sally in the house

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Copo wrote:A) Neither were parodies

I actually disagree - I think the Pikachu shirt was a parodic.

B) Pikachu is a specific character whose rights completely belong to Nintendo, and it is way fragging illegal to profit off of such.
C) Nobody owns the rights to turtles and vials; therefore no parody must be made when using the aforementioned objects.

Yes, because it's not completely obvious what characters these are. *eyeroll*

D) Don't vote. No one cares. At all. Nobody. Really. If you haven't noticed, it's been consistently the top of the hotness. It would more than likely take an irrational disqualification for this not to win. Without that, there's a really high chance it's printing. In which case you can decide whether to buy it, and, still, no one will care because, obviously, a whole lot of people who aren't you are already excited to buy it.

Yeah, they should really get rid of these discussion threads on high-voted shirts. ahuhu

cyncity1347

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyncity1347
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)

I haven't bought a shirt yet, but this one I would definitely buy!!!!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Xanzibar wrote:Hmmm. Maybe you should take a second look at this shirt buddy. Its just four turtles and a vial of something. Yes its a parody of the TMNT, but it's DEADFROGS interpretation of that scene and not a complete blatant copy as you say it is. He added his unique cute style and the cool scratchy thing he does and added some humour in that cool upside down turtle.

I don't remember seeing that EXACT same thing in the movie or the cartoon. If you can show me this EXACT scene, the EXACT way that deadfrog has done it, in the movie, then i will happily eat my shoes, and maybe my hat too.

If not then kindly step away from that keyboard and stop going on and on about it.

P.S. If you don't like the way things work round these parts then please feel free to leave and take your futile arguments elsewhere. Or attempt to be nice to people.
Im sure the latter isn't too unacheivable??
Theres always a way to get your point across without ranting or being mean.

P.P.S. Deadfrog i think this design is awesome by the way. GMV!!!

Good day to you sir!!!

in what way is it a parody? how does it comment on the movie? I'd say it's more like fan art, but for sale for $1000.

gizmoduck1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmoduck1234
Josephus wrote:in what way is it a parody? how does it comment on the movie? I'd say it's more like fan art, but for sale for $1000.

Don't bother. They don't understand. They'd just rather go into attack mode than address what's being said. I made a very clear point that isn't even being debated: It couldn't be more obvious that this is 100% NOT Deadfrog's idea. Even that shirt that was all Zelda references at least put them together in a scene that WASN'T in the original games. This makes that seem downright creative by comparison. I'm sure that's getting through to some, they just don't care. Others think that Deadfrog is very clever for using someone's ideas like this. This guy appears to believe that because the positioning of the turtles is different that makes Deadfrog's work "original" and not just schlepping someone else's work without adding your own commentary. Regardless of how well you make this point, they want a Ninja Turtles shirt. Let the babies have their bottle.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Kaliko2005 wrote:One more reason to ban all phoenixes

Says the person who submitted something that indeed has been banned.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: It was a dark and stormy night... (resub)

Nice lightning! GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: Genesis in the Mind

Nice design! I like the way you did the face!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: She Let Them Go

The hair reminds me of my wife's, so I just have to vote for this.

cobolisdead

Re: A New Calling

Nice BB reference! GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: The Bad Egg

This is so awesome! I love the eyes! GMV!

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha

Subtle & Sneaky. I like that.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
cobolisdead wrote:The hair reminds me of my wife's, so I just have to vote for this.

Your wife's hair has birds in it?

cobolisdead

Re: The Genesis Clock

Great Design! I love the biblical reference! GMV!

beefzaweef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beefzaweef
gizmoduck1234 wrote:Don't bother. They don't understand. They'd just rather go into attack mode than address what's being said. I made a very clear point that isn't even being debated: It couldn't be more obvious that this is 100% NOT Deadfrog's idea. Even that shirt that was all Zelda references at least put them together in a scene that WASN'T in the original games. This makes that seem downright creative by comparison. I'm sure that's getting through to some, they just don't care. Others think that Deadfrog is very clever for using someone's ideas like this. This guy appears to believe that because the positioning of the turtles is different that makes Deadfrog's work "original" and not just schlepping someone else's work without adding your own commentary. Regardless of how well you make this point, they want a Ninja Turtles shirt. Let the babies have their bottle.

Wow Gizzy, Let it GO!!!

(and DF I'll take as many as I can get before it sells out!)

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium
gizmoduck1234 wrote:Don't bother. They don't understand. They'd just rather go into attack mode than address what's being said. I made a very clear point that isn't even being debated: It couldn't be more obvious that this is 100% NOT Deadfrog's idea. Even that shirt that was all Zelda references at least put them together in a scene that WASN'T in the original games. This makes that seem downright creative by comparison. I'm sure that's getting through to some, they just don't care. Others think that Deadfrog is very clever for using someone's ideas like this. This guy appears to believe that because the positioning of the turtles is different that makes Deadfrog's work "original" and not just schlepping someone else's work without adding your own commentary. Regardless of how well you make this point, they want a Ninja Turtles shirt. Let the babies have their bottle.

I normally don't post on here but you are kind of pissing me off. Where's your supremely "original" design that everybody is voting for? Right now you are kind of coming off like an angry little brat who has nothing better to do with his time than tear someone else's work down because he doesn't have any talent of his own. DF came up with an awesomely original take on something that is familiar enough for everybody to recognize. Guess what, a ton of people like it. So get over your petty jealousy and quit wasting everybody's time. Besides, at least its not five flowers down the left side of the shirt. Now THAT was unoriginal.