Copo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
christermime wrote:Good suggestions, I went with the classic bright yellow raincoat for contrast. And the rain looked a bit better... not so small. Thanks for the crit, it always helps with future posts!

I think with a darker background, and darker/grayer everything, and a whole lot of shading, you could've accented it with bright yellow to bring it out. Then again, I know nothing about art; just my tastes.

Copo

BootsBoots wrote:Aye aye, Captain! And I'll swab the deck while I'm at it!

I'm just saying, no one buys that creme junk. This request was legit.
The other request was just an outrageous assembly of my favorite animals/colors.

nitrousoxide52

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
JadenKale wrote:::hands him a bullet:: here... do something constructive with that. It'll be far more useful than trying to figure out what atrocities are happening with this entry.

Fat lotta good that'll do!

::hands him a gun::

Alright, you're good to go now buddy!

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
JustJiggles wrote:Voted for it, but damn it would look better on Navy.

Good call.

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Re: Birth of the Moon

Nice looking shirt

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Re: Gonna Be Big in Japan

Definitely GMV

Copo

AdderXYU wrote:I like you more when you're making horrible humor. This is killing me.

I liked you more when your mom went back in time and aborted you. Sadly, 'twas only a dream.
As for your ridiculously meaningless conspiracy theories, which, I believe, give you a false sense of superiority over your fellow interweb users, I approve of the moon-thread placement. Couldn't be better suited.

Copo

Keelmy wrote:Mickey was a mouse, hence "Mickey Mouse"

Is that a pokemon?

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
Re: Rise n' Shine!

This just doesn't scream "beginnings" to me...it screams "continuation of morning coffee addiction"...the style is awesome though. The concept just doesn't fit this derby for me personally.

SarahPants5

Re: Birth of A Tree

I hate to be the one to say this, but as a female, I'd be worried wearing this shirt, because the brownish color of the tree and the "bushiness" look to the branches...? Yea, I would not want to wear this. If it were the other way around, with the tree going up, I'd like it more, but it would kinda go against the idea of it being a "shadow"...*shrug* Sorry.

SarahPants5

Re: when i was a baby ninja

Is it just me, or does this look like osama bin laden? >.>

SarahPants5

Re: First meeting

So cute! I might need to take up volleyball to meet the man of my dreams...arg, ahuhu. Love this shirt.

SarahPants5

Re: The epic begins

OHMG! I didn't think to click this one but finally thought "well, let's just SEE what it is..." and it's perfect!! I want this one to win so I can buy for me and my brother, and one as a spare for when I meet the perfect boy, because he will want this shirt. :P

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: Dawn

Daaaamn.. love the colors!

brainville

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainville
Re: Birth of the Moon

Nice design. Too bad it's on a black shirt

-brainville

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

if you got the right number of base pairs per turn, it would be great. a little more research before you do a dna shirt and you've got it made.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Rise n' Shine!

I like the whole thing! Except for the bloodshot eyes... kinda gross. And the tongue. Also, I'm not a huge fan of yellow clocks or gray coffee cups. I love what you did with everything else, though! Fantastic!

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Copo wrote:Is that a pokemon?

Jamaican Proctologist?

WLewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WLewis
cleothemuse wrote:Well, since cat-5 cabling is typically shrouded in blue, shouldn't those be swapped around?

True Dat! But, They are not always blue.

jzlosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzlosman
Re: Life Renewed

Just curious if this was your inspiration. I came across it today when reading a post about 45 cool wallpapers and it made me do a double take.

Disclaimer: This is not an accusation post, just a question to appease my curiosity

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jzlosman wrote:
Just curious if this was your inspiration. I came across it today when reading a post about 45 cool wallpapers and it made me do a double take.

Disclaimer: This is not an accusation post, just a question to appease my curiosity

That's a dragon, and this design in a phoenix, which is a creature known to be reborn from ash and fire. I'm not the artist, but I do know her...and I doubt she's even seen this dragon picture before. Her inspiration was simply that she loves the phoenix, so she drew what she believes its birth to look like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Copo wrote:I'm just saying, no one buys that creme junk. This request was legit.
The other request was just an outrageous assembly of my favorite animals/colors.

It was LEMON. Lemon is the new asphalt! (yes, yes, I know that it's even more unpopular than creme, but it looked the best that way. I suppose I could offer a blue version, though. Hmmmph!). I like your outrageous request.

cainja1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainja1

Simple. Short. And to the point. I like it but I'm not sure I'd wear it. Then again I'm sure about 93% of the wooter population would so I'm sure you'll do just fine. Good luck staying on top of the hotness!

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: Genesis in the Mind

damn I wanted this one soo bad

I'm only human

cainja1

If submitted on Friday, you'd be in the fog. It's a shame the idea didn't come to you until late...

cainja1

I really like the colors in this shirt. Everything really looks good and works well for the design. And I don't think the abrupt ending of the strand looks bad in my opinion

cainja1

This design has potential but I don't think it's as good as it could be. The idea is great and the execution is cool but it lacks a certain originality that would sell this shirt a lot faster. Good luck!

cainja1

I have a feeling those halftones will show up awesome on a shirt. I'd wear this, and that's something I don't say about most of these shirts... I hope you find a way to print

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin
Kaliko2005 wrote:thanks a ton! yeah ill take to heart many things you said im getting better at this stuff i love it thanks again! also, one more question, are we actually limited to those colors listed on the woot template? also, where can i go to find a better looking shirt template?

Those are the only colors that can be used for the base, the color of the shirt its self. The other 6 colors that can be used for the design can be any color, but they have to be converted to PANTONE Solid Coated colors somewhere along the line (by you or by woot).

ebopas08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebopas08

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! VOTE FOR IT!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: DNA Baby

I really like the colors. GMV.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: The Original Grill Master

That Caveman is awesome! GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: In the Beginning was the Command Line...

Actually, it began with switches I believe. Still, great colors, reminds me of my old college mainframe interface, GMV.

haterade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haterade
kdeuce wrote:thanks. it's more good than bad most of the time which is cool. there's always that handful of haters who find their way to my threads to take a dump but that got old quick.

I can't speak for all the haters... but I can speak for this one. I like it a lot. It has a distinctive style that is broadly appealing (regardless of whether some think it is redundant).

My only concern is the same as eHal's... dark ink printed on dark shirt and you loose too much of the detail. Still a good design people; don't hate!

cobolisdead

Re: Spring Beginning

Springtime is one of my favorite times on year. It's not too hot or too cold, and I get to ooggle my wife in her warmer weather clothes. GMV.

cobolisdead

Re: Guess Who Came First?

I like the way you have drawn the T-Rex chicken. GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: The Start of True Love

The animals are so cute. GMV!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
knobody wrote:if you got the right number of base pairs per turn, it would be great. a little more research before you do a dna shirt and you've got it made.

weeeelllll...It depends on a lot of things, doesn't it? for example, the usual statement is 10 base pairs per turn, but that is the crystalline structure, right? Here we don't have a bunch of dna helices lined up, packed tightly together as it would be in a sperm, but rather what appears to be in solution, it wouldn't be the same. Whether it could twist tighter is the question, as this appears to have about 11 base pairs per turn.

cobolisdead

Re: The Idea Precedes

I really like your concept, and while I don't like the shirt color, you still got my vote.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
SarahPants5 wrote:Is it just me, or does this look like osama bin laden? >.>

It's probably just you, though I think none of us would have known that you look like Osama bin Laden had you not disclosed it. ;^)