+ Add a Comment

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Andy47240 wrote:What pantone is the actual bolt? This looks great by the way.

Thanks. The bolt is 167 at 10%.

jawajohn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jawajohn
Re: Birth of the Moon

Well I've got too many black shirts already, but this is absolutely beautiful. Really. Amazingly gorgeous. Easily has my vote and my $10 if it prints ;)

fruit cocktail

Sure I know what sex is....a kind of cake....right?

woemcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woemcat

wow! this is so beautiful!

lynlynlora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynlynlora
Re: The epic begins

I love this shirt. being a girl, I am unsure if I can wear a Turtles shirt, but I might be willing to risk it for this.

Jimmy... Is That You?, F5 Refreshes You!, At Last We Meet..., When Life Gives You Lemons, What Kitty?, 1986: The Legend Was Born, New Kid In Town, Fat Unicorn, The Cake is a Liar, Plan B, Eight Fists of Death, Rampage Wear, Easy Optimism, Tuesday's Gonna Be Rough, The Epic Begins, One more gargleblaster!, The Original Blue Hedgehog, Sun Wukong, The Monkey King, Navy Seals, Running Wild, I'm Sorry, Winning the Race, Read a Book, How We Roll

...and very proud of it.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
lynlynlora wrote:I love this shirt. being a girl, I am unsure if I can wear a Turtles shirt, but I might be willing to risk it for this.

You'll be the belle of the sphere... or at least any comic book conventions.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

GCap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GCap
artulo wrote:I think it's well drawn, and obviously a wheel made by that inventive caveperson. GMV.

Thank you

eHalcyon

This is really tempting because of the colours. The streaks remind me of water, and water is my favourite of the classical elements. Undecided though. Hmm.

woemcat

Re: iFetus

cute! even though it looks like an ipod, it could be *any* mp3 player. gmv.

eHalcyon

theinfinityloop wrote:Okay I just looked through the past eight Derbies and I only found one printed Phoenix, one non-printed Phoenix and one non-printed design that had a very small Phoenix included in the composition.

Now there were a whole lot more dragons, chicken and eggs, penguins, etc than Phoenixes.

There are many things that people complain are memes, but I really don't see them all that often, and especially not printed. Meh.

I'm tempted by this one because I love phoenixes (phoenices?) and don't yet have a shirt featuring them, and this one is one of the best I've seen (though I still regret Fantasma not printing ). The dark colours worry me though.

woemcat

Re: In the beginning

too bad! this is so cool! resub!

eHalcyon

Re: iFetus

If you put this on a blue shirt, you could integrate the design far better.

seekayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff
byrbwr wrote:the problem is that while this is pretty i doubt anyone would understand what it represents from looking at it. as such, i have no desire to vote on it. i like things that look like the things they are.

I knew exactly what it was when I saw it but then i'm a science dork.
I think its one of the best offerings i've seen on here in a while.
and i would have no problem explaining it to anyone not as smart as me.
GMV

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Fishion

I'm thinking it's not a fish egg... looks like a star to me. And he's sweating... I think?

madgab32928

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madgab32928
Re: first day of school

I love the colors of this shirt. IMO, there aren't many green shirts in the derbies.
This shirt made me smile.

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
gizmoduck1234 wrote:A broken canister of "ooze" with four little turtles crawling around it. That's the scene from the movie, which is exactly what you have here. The comic book has the four turtles covered with ooze with a broken canister next to them. What then in this design is your idea?

The arrangement, the composition, the expressions.

Yes, the design does contain four turtles and a test tube. I did not invent those things. You win.

eHalcyon

Re: first day of school

I'm afraid your shirt comp looks oversaturated, such that it appears to be a green not offered by woot rather than the grass shirt you intended (judging by the design detail image). I suggest a resub...

gizmoduck1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmoduck1234
DeadFrog wrote:The arrangement, the composition, the expressions.

Using symbols in a new way to convey something that has not been conveyed before, the way writers use words they did not invent. (No insult intended to those that do, I LOVE YOU JRR TOLKIEN AND JK ROWLING!!!)

So because you have the turtles in slightly different positions you've said or added something that wasn't in the original versions? What exactly? Expressions? They all have blank turtle faces, just like the turtles in the originals . You're not using these "symbols" in any new way, nice try. It's still turtles crawling around ooze, the idea of which you didn't originate, you're just ripping it with no added comment of your own. Is it a copyright infringement. No. Is it unoriginal, uncreative, and downright shameful that you're getting any kind of credit for it. Yeah.

DeadFrog

gizmoduck1234 wrote:So because you have the turtles in slightly different positions you've said or added something that wasn't in the original versions? What exactly? Expressions? They all have blank turtle faces, just like the turtles in the originals . You're not using these "symbols" in any new way, nice try. It's still turtles crawling around ooze, the idea of which you didn't originate, you're just ripping it with no added comment of your own. Is it a copyright infringement. No. Is it unoriginal, uncreative, and downright shameful that you're getting any kind of credit for it. Yeah.

I didn't edit fast enough. :]

You were right to correct yourself when you claimed it was copyright infringement. Thank you for admitting you were wrong. It takes a big person to do that.

gizmoduck1234

DeadFrog wrote:I didn't edit fast enough. :]

You were right to correct yourself when you claimed it was copyright infringement. Thank you for admitting you were wrong. It takes a big person to do that.

Are you actually lying and claiming I said it was copyright infringement? I never said it was, I said it was unoriginal and uncreative. Wow. If that is your claim than you are truly a sad person.

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Conceptual Good Looks

no one likes a bit of slap and tickle eh?

loserxresol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loserxresol
Re: Braid Tug

We all went through elementary school. We all know the routine. The more we hurt em, the more we like em- girls or boys, it doesn't matter. The only way we know how to express love in the beginning, is to stomp on their feet, call them names and pull their hair.

Those two. Are gonna marry one day. You just know it.
(But don't go telling them that)

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: The Beginning of the End

You don't like horizontal designs do you? as with the optimism tee you threw in a vertical piece to square out the composition. The sword ruins the shirt for me, perhaps I'm just too picky, nice design otherwise.

loserxresol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loserxresol

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
byrbwr wrote:a bit risque.

w t f are you talking about. its a boy and a girl, cutely drawn.

eHalcyon

D3lusional wrote:You don't like horizontal designs do you? as with the optimism tee you threw in a vertical piece to square out the composition. The sword ruins the shirt for me, perhaps I'm just too picky, nice design otherwise.

Even with the sword, the design is still very much horizontal - not nearly a square.

Great work as always, tg. Something about orange on red rubs me the wrong way, but you definitely need that red background for the piece - fiery skies and all. It looks splendid. I especially like that one end of the flames looks like a scroll. Intentional, I presume?

DeadFrog

Gizmoduck1234,

Your original post certainly had a copyright infringement tone to it. I'm sorry you do not like the shirt.

Can't please them all right?

Thank you so much everyone who has voted so far and have been so supportive in your comments!

jskunze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jskunze

Awwww, makes me want to take the dame out for a nice midnight walk.

Spira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spira

Pardon the nylon title, my mom submitted it for me because I was at work... Please tell me if you have suggestions or like the idea because I was going to rework and submit a better version if I got a positive response.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Spring Beginning

Oh look, it's a tree branch....and come birds. How original. Give us a break Riff. You can do better than this drek over and over.

gizmoduck1234

gizmoduck1234 wrote:What a clever twist on the Ninja Turtles! Oh wait, it's practically a direct shot from the movie with absolutely nothing added. But it's distressed! Who cares if there's no thought or creativity involved beyond putting a scene from a movie on a shirt!

Shame on all of you for giving this design any credit at all.

I'm just quoting this because it's clear I didn't say a single thing about copyright issue. Everything I said was definitively about how unoriginal and uncreative it was. That you would then pull some childish thing about how I "admited I was wrong on the copyright thing" and went back to edit your own post because you basically couldn't defend it as being different says to me that even you don't think it's very creative. But this is woot, so congrats on the easy money. I'm going to go recreate some scenes from Ghostbusters now.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional

Awesome, voted.
It's funny to hear the theory described as new, it was around before I was born, although I understand that still is relatively new.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

Stunning design and I will definitely buy this one - I'd love it even more though if it didn't have so many flashes/streamers on the left/open side of the shirt, and were instead a more concise design. Still, a must have. I think something I like will win for once (on black, as usual of course...*sighs as she is smothered by a mountain of black woot tees*. Navy would have been pretty sweet, I think...

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fairnymph

fairnymph

Stupid tricksy return key.

Gorgeous design, awesome theme, brilliant colours....and I really want a red shirt. This is my favourite this time 'round, so far.

eHalcyon

fairnymph wrote:Stunning design and I will definitely buy this one - I'd love it even more though if it didn't have so many flashes/streamers on the left/open side of the shirt, and were instead a more concise design. Still, a must have. I think something I like will win for once (on black, as usual of course...*sighs as she is smothered by a mountain of black woot tees*. Navy would have been pretty sweet, I think...

Ha, I've got too many black AND navy tees now. And both designs that I might buy this time around are on black.

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005
Re: Beginning the Hard Way

everyone knows you dont just jump in head first. You gotta test the water first - begin slow. If not- you might end up like poor kitty with a few new scars to show for your test run.

eHalcyon

Re: Instant Puberty

HA! Hilarious title, sir. I don't think it's conveyed very well in the design - after 60 days, I think you should add some detail to the image, including a big "Instant Puberty! in the background, and submit it on Threadless.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: The Journey Begins Again

This is kind of a cleansing idea for me. Onward my trusty steed!

Oh, and here's a big version of it in case you want to see it clearlier:

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

i really dig your stick woman with baby.

eHalcyon

I know that's a tree, but darn it dekon, all I see is broccoli.