+ Add a Comment

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
jimiyo wrote:i really dig your stick woman with baby.

Ha ha ha thanks Jimiyo, I think perhaps I might have peaked with this design. It's all downhill from here.

dekonstruct

eHalcyon wrote:I know that's a tree, but darn it dekon, all I see is broccoli.

You must not be familiar with the broccotree.

itsmytimeout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsmytimeout
Re: Birth of the Moon

beautiful ..

TychPsych

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TychPsych
eHalcyon wrote:Ha, I told you white would be best.

Hurry! Resub!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
eHalcyon wrote:Ha, I've got too many black AND navy tees now. And both designs that I might buy this time around are on black.

I have 5 black tees (3 woot), 1 kelly green woot, 1 grass green woot, 1 royal blue woot, 1 asphalt woot and that's it for woots. So I exaggerated a bit, but I am not really a t-shirt girl (funny how woot has changed that). I'm guessing 7 woot shirts is not a big deal, and 10 tshirts total isn't too excessive. (I have about 30 tank tops.)

I really want a navy and a cranberry shirt. I had a navy one but I decided I couldn't handle the cream in the design and sold it for a loss.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
jimiyo wrote:i really dig your stick woman with baby.

ditto

fairnymph

Re: Life Renewed

This is the first phoenix item ever that has not only tempted me, but has me making grabby hands at my monitor. I will absolutely buy this, though I do wish it didn't have:

-the diagonal stripe accenting
-black background (yes, appropriate and visually appealing, but TOO MANY BLACK SHIRTS, and I think navy would be rad, with the current blueish design as a cobalty-purple (purple against orange is especially awesome)

But, those are not huge quibbles. I love the mix of dramatic, artsy fantasy with the cute (but not cutesy) baby phoenix - it's a really unique take. <3
-

fairnymph

FancyDad wrote:Let me say it looks great, but what is with the phoenix thing? Has this been a long running joke on the woot?

It's like the dragons, giant squid, kraakens, & unicorns...basically any popular fantasy creature is going to be appealing because many of us are very nerdy and were you find nerds, you find fantasy.

fairnymph

fairnymph wrote:It's like the dragons, giant squid, kraakens, & unicorns...basically any popular fantasy creature is going to be appealing because many of us are very nerdy and were you find nerds, you find fantasy.

*where

(*stabs lack of comment edit feature*)

fairnymph

Re: The epic begins

Hilarious but I would never wear this. And I did love the show, like obsessively.

fairnymph

Re: Hope Seed

What kind of seed/tree is it? (as in, botanically)

burntorange27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burntorange27

DeadFrog- this shirt is absolutely adorable. If/when it prints, im getting myself one. and one for my boyfriend! what a cute idea for the derby theme!
true, you didnt invent the teenage mutant ninja turtles, but using that idea for this "Beginnings" derby is perfect!
I support this design and you and i cant wait to wear this shirt!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
fairnymph wrote:*where

(*stabs lack of comment edit feature*)

Click the number in the upper right of your post. It'll take you to your post in the comments thread, where you'll see an edit link in the bottom right.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
gizmoduck1234 wrote:I'm just quoting this because it's clear I didn't say a single thing about copyright issue. Everything I said was definitively about how unoriginal and uncreative it was. That you would then pull some childish thing about how I "admited I was wrong on the copyright thing" and went back to edit your own post because you basically couldn't defend it as being different says to me that even you don't think it's very creative. But this is woot, so congrats on the easy money. I'm going to go recreate some scenes from Ghostbusters now.

dude, don't be an adder.

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog

Gizmoduck,

Yes, I interpreted your "direct shot from the movie" comment as having a bit of a copyright infringement tone to it. If that is not what was meant by it, sorry that my interpretation was off.

I'm sorry you don't like my design and I am sorry that it has irritated you enough to come here and toss around insults.

I do like my design. I never said I was trying to be "original" (if anything in this day and age can be classified as original) or some creative genius. I know the story, but like I said I have never seen the movies. I thought TMNT would work for this derby theme as it is iconic enough for people to get it when they see it. In its own way it symbolizes a beginning to a much enjoyable part of my childhood (and probably several others).

fairnymph

Re: Genesis in the Mind

Beautifully intricate and almost mesmerising, as well as fantastical and mythological...I'd buy it. I don't totally like how large the design is or the head as a feature, but I see that it's important for the concept. I also think another colour shirt would work better. Still, lovely art.

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
Re: The epic begins

it's a glow stick!

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: Gonna Be Big in Japan

Heh. This made me giggle. And Mothra has always rocked my socks. Kudos, jimiyo.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
TurboGraphx16 wrote:It's not animosity, it's an opinion. I think this shirt stinks, and I stated such.

You know, people rarely leave the good ol' "this stinks" comment on my designs. This is probably because I never get printed and they all feel sorry for me, so they just keep their mouths shut. I see your stinky comment as a light at the end of the tunnel. Soon more stinky comments will follow! Soon everyone will beat me with hate sticks and I will win a derby! Sweet.

eHalcyon

fairnymph wrote:I have 5 black tees (3 woot), 1 kelly green woot, 1 grass green woot, 1 royal blue woot, 1 asphalt woot and that's it for woots. So I exaggerated a bit, but I am not really a t-shirt girl (funny how woot has changed that). I'm guessing 7 woot shirts is not a big deal, and 10 tshirts total isn't too excessive. (I have about 30 tank tops.)

I really want a navy and a cranberry shirt. I had a navy one but I decided I couldn't handle the cream in the design and sold it for a loss.

Hmm, actually, I guess I don't have "too many". I have 2 each of black, navy and asphalt. Then I have 1 each of olive, white, creme, cranberry, royal blue, kelly green and baby blue. This is only counting woots I've gotten for myself. I also have Insomnia from Threadless (kelly green), which is probably my favourite shirt of all time.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ISO30 wrote:Thanks. The bolt is 167 at 10%.

I don't quite understand. A 10% tint? I didn't think we could use tints? I thought that they are spot colors and we had to use the pure color. Did I misunderstand them, or did they change that, or did I misunderstand you?

mwace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwace

I would buy it without the stars. And if it was slightly less ...curly.

ssbaudi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ssbaudi
loserxresol wrote:cute n.n

(Original content not provided.).

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: First meeting

The colours make me crave that neopolitan coconut candy. Mmmm candy.

ssbaudi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ssbaudi
ssbaudi wrote:(Original content not provided.).

(Original content not provided.)!

thebrokenbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebrokenbox
Re: The Beginning of the End

Love this shirt! Hope it makes top 3.

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson
TurboGraphx16 wrote:It's not animosity, it's an opinion. I think this shirt stinks, and I stated such.

I think this shirt smells like success.

BootsBoots wrote:You know, people rarely leave the good ol' "this stinks" comment on my designs. This is probably because I never get printed and they all feel sorry for me, so they just keep their mouths shut. I see your stinky comment as a light at the end of the tunnel. Soon more stinky comments will follow! Soon everyone will beat me with hate sticks and I will win a derby! Sweet.

People usually hate when they are jealous.

dekonstruct

I think this might be where TMNT fans and raver culture meet.

thebrokenbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebrokenbox
Re: It was a dark and stormy night... (resub)

Amazing shirt! Hope it makes top 3, it's got my vote.

dekonstruct

As a cosmo dork I approve this message. Not too sure on the cool colors because I think the planets crashing should be HOT... like my pants when I saw this...

dekonstruct

Re: Life Renewed

I really like the diagonal lines in lieu of using halftones or crosshatching. A very elegant solution.

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah

Not sure what I'd do... I took the color straight from woot's template. Thanks for the advice. I'll check to see why it is off...

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Rube Got Mail (Or The Creation Of The Internet)

Every creation starts with a blueprint. The internet is no different.

mikej7193

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikej7193
ste7enl wrote:Every creation starts with a blueprint. The internet is no different.

No words.

eHalcyon

speedcheetah wrote:Not sure what I'd do... I took the color straight from woot's template. Thanks for the advice. I'll check to see why it is off...

Well you've got the correct colour in your design detail image. It's just the comp that seems off.

eHalcyon

Re: Rube Got Mail (Or The Creation Of The Internet)

No text this week. Nice blueprint though.

dekonstruct

Re: Gonna Be Big in Japan

Jimiyo, I'm glad you're exercising some futility with the rest of us wooters. This design is interesting, mainly because it's far removed from what we normally see from you. What's the inspiration? I can see some early Japaneses print style here, which would explain why I don't dig the colors that much. I am excited to see unicorns farting in Jimiyo style.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Cold War Begins

Cute, Brady! I really like the green against the blue.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
mikej7193 wrote:No words.

koi. I did not see that. The irony of putting that in bold, is that I only read the brief text above it. Will remove it.

dekonstruct

Josephus wrote:I don't quite understand. A 10% tint? I didn't think we could use tints? I thought that they are spot colors and we had to use the pure color. Did I misunderstand them, or did they change that, or did I misunderstand you?

At 10% sounds like a tint, which you'd be correct, they don't do. You'll have to find a spot color that is similar to it or just use white. This may not be cause for a rejection though as I hear they might match it themselves with something similar.