rakoni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rakoni
Re: Worst Date Ever. (with diagram)

Man, I wanted this shirt more than any other woot shirt ever except "the early worm gets the bird."

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
aflatearth wrote:i love the trusty steed in this, though i might not buy it if it won, just because apollo looks so stiff and inexpressive compared to his steed. Overall i still really like it yay.

Thanks, the initial concept actually did have a crazy Apollo too as well :P

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

colinski11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colinski11
Re: A is for Atlas RESUB

Uh, Atlas held up the sky, not the earth. Well, I guess he's not really holding it up here either, is he? Like the shirt.

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch
mjc613 wrote:BTW, I've been meaning to tell you that my husband's favorite shirt is Touring with the Big G. He wants me to find more shirts just like that.

Awesome! I wish it was still printing. I've had several people ask me about it.

lorenlin77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorenlin77
sekiyoku wrote:I love nine tailed foxes :D

how do u vote? i will vote this one Cuz i watch Naruto and of course this looks awesome.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
lorenlin77 wrote:how do u vote? i will vote this one Cuz i watch Naruto and of course this looks awesome.

you're about 2 hrs late.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: Dragon Slayer

Good luck on getting a print!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

unfurling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unfurling
lorenlin77 wrote:how do u vote? i will vote this one Cuz i watch Naruto and of course this looks awesome.

*face palm* i get it now...

Cerrida

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cerrida
re: how the world stays in the sky

This one reminds me of Discworld. A giant turtle carries 4 elephants which carry the 4 corners of the disc on their backs.

schneckerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schneckerl

yeah, well, now it's in the fog, but what are the chances of a shaky fog-candidate..

PeriwinkleHat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeriwinkleHat
illuminator wrote:Awesomeness dude... what program do you use to draw??? I can't get lines like that in Photoshop or Flash...

Yeah I'm wondering that as well. Drakxxx, what's your medium/program?

jaymzlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaymzlee
Re: A is for Atlas RESUB

sadly.... gorgons are cows.... not medusas =P
but i do like the art tho

Valis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Valis
PeriwinkleHat wrote:Yeah I'm wondering that as well. Drakxxx, what's your medium/program?

Earlier in the thread, he mentioned he is still using Photoshop 7. Now that's vintage!

For what it's worth, I voted for this shirt wnad would have loved to see it take down the wondertwins, but alas. Hopefully it still prints!
And thanks for your words of encouragement to new derbyists, Drak -- I've thought about submitting before but recently have wondered what the point would be. But it's stupid to give up without trying, so I'll see you on the 6th.

Puddytoes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Puddytoes
re: the leviathan

If it's not too much trouble, I would also like to be notified if this prints elsewhere, be it a shirt, poster, whatever. I've been coming back to look at it all week and would love to have it. Excellent job. And congratulations on the baby.

Love, Luck and Lollipops!

ThyGriever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThyGriever

whoa that is freakin awesome. So funny!

ThyGriever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThyGriever

aww man. freakin cute

angelgirl5004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelgirl5004
re: mythology-busters

ahhh!! This shirt was amazing!! I sooo would've gotten one. You should e-mail the design to Mythbusters just to see what they say

LightSpiral

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral

Congratulations on winning the derby!

I got mine! Beautiful job. Truly striking!

unc2988

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unc2988

I want this shirt...... why could we not have voted it higher?

shrewdfool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shrewdfool

And since when were unicorns not real?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
consolecowboy wrote:So the words really are part of the design on the shirt? I thought text is banned (unless it's on a sign or something that's part of the design). Did they relax that rule, or did I never understand it correctly?

Josephus already answered, but just to add to that - the thing where it can be part of a sign or something is called incidental text, which is a third stipulation woot sometimes uses. So sometimes it's text allowed (like this week), and sometime's it's incidental text allowed, though usually is no text allowed at all.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler
Re: Bigfoot

this was pretty good, oh well.

oelschlegel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oelschlegel
tgentry wrote:Sun Wukong (The Monkey King)

The text on the shirt reads "Sun Wukong" in traditional Chinese (I spent about an hour verifying this just to make sure).

Click for Large Version:

you got the simplified chinese script there, but close enough~ ^^ wikipedia has an entry on sun wukong fyi. great design, btw, in for one

woots: 16x1 2x2 3x3 ($1712.24)
shirt.woots: 16x1 2x2 1x3 ($255)
sellout.woots: 11x1 1x2 0x3 ($1064.88)
kids.woots: 11x1 2x2 0x3 ($559.85)
home.woots: 1x1 0x2 0x3 ($44.99)
all told i have wasted $3636.96 on this site

EzLink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EzLink
Re: Kitsune

If this one wins, it will be the first woot shirt I purchase. Good luck!

Lodyev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lodyev
re: bifrost - the rainbow fridge

Just saw this: PLEASE GET IT PRINTED SOMEWHERE after the 60 days are up. Thanks.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
consolecowboy wrote:Not obvious enough that it's the Easter Bunny. Would be much better if he was holding his basket of eggs. That would honestly make all the difference for me.

I know I know. I am still really new to the derby, and am still working on doing a complete shirt. So far my submissions are more of test runs than full comps. Gimme a few more weeks and I will do better.

Sakamonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sakamonster

HOW DID THIS LOSE AAHHHH

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito
re: a is for atlas resub

hey i thought no modern religious stuff: ie E is for eve?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
migelito wrote:hey i thought no modern religious stuff: ie E is for eve?

E is for Eris, I think? I hoped that also, but it was not to be.

kao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kao
Re: Stroll down the Styx

Oh! This shirt is great. I wish I'd voted in time... *pretends it might have made a difference*

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

will buy if printed

WhatsInAName

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhatsInAName
AdderXYU wrote:let's not play favorites here. Every other shirt this week is better, not just Drakxxx's

ahuhu I logged in just to second this.

I don't see how a rubber ducky here and there can somehow make this sub-par (at best) shirt wearable. Not to mention the overflowing creativity of doing a google search on deities whose name is compatible with the ABCs.

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK
Sakamonster wrote:HOW DID THIS LOSE AAHHHH

SERIOUSLY! ;o;

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK
Re: Impossible friendship

How depressing! I really like this design and LOVE the placement. You should make this available somewhere else and tell me so I can get it. :D

PeriwinkleHat

Valis wrote:Earlier in the thread, he mentioned he is still using Photoshop 7. Now that's vintage!

Oh, thanks. I didn't see that.

PeriwinkleHat

Valis wrote:Earlier in the thread, he mentioned he is still using Photoshop 7. Now that's vintage!

Oh, thanks. I didn't see that.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn

If this really gets beaten by the fox/lamp combo, please get it in the double-take derby - and if that doesn't work, get it printed somewhere else - i can't stand that this has been beaten by an ABC poster-shirt. :-(

lokklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
EinnaFK wrote:How depressing! I really like this design and LOVE the placement. You should make this available somewhere else and tell me so I can get it. :D

I'll let you know :O I'm really new to the t-shirt stuff, and am generally unmotivated to figure out where to send my old work. But I'll let you know if I suddenly have the burning desire to get this printed!

enterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enterman

dam I wanted the Kitsune one to win badly >< wish I could buy it somewhere!

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
rocketjohn wrote:If this really gets beaten by the fox/lamp combo, please get it in the double-take derby - and if that doesn't work, get it printed somewhere else - i can't stand that this has been beaten by an ABC poster-shirt. :-(

well shut me up... woo