prateeko


quality posts: 70 Private Messages prateeko
brybry wrote:the swastika. the hammer and sickle. what is the difference. don't promote them in any way. sarcasym, spoof or shirts. the spreading of the wealth is the doom for all.



Are you an idi0t or just ignorant? The swastika does not equal the hammer and sickle and more importantly, it's been around since a couple thousand BC in Hinduism and Buddhism - that a-hole Hitler just copped it for his twisted needs since he was trying to create an 'Aryan' nation (the supposed superior race that conquered India...see where this is going?)

Educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

coal0101


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coal0101
Irenicmad wrote:I like how mostly the redneck states are getting the shirt.



Way to spread the hate. I didn't know states could be labeled like that...

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
goldenthorn wrote:Perhaps it's the honesty about what the design is? There's no trying to justify pairing dino's with Communism. The title says it all. Plus it speaks to the 7-year-old in many of us; it's two evil, scary, epic things thrown together in a ridiculous yet awesome manner. Honesty and fun: could one ask for anything more? I think not.



Dinosaurs are not evil.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

radiomode


quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
homer2you wrote:Oh, you are the one with

http://compete-tee-tion.blogspot.com/

Congrats!!!



Just notice that too

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
eHalcyon wrote:Dinosaurs are not evil.



I think I know some people who might beg to differ.

waacodemon


quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
geekfactor12 wrote:I think I know some people who might beg to differ.



they were just playin tag... dont be so naive.

I once ate a cricket.

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

eHalcyon wrote:Dinosaurs are not evil.



You're right, Dinosaurs are not evil as a whole. I profusely apologize for my mass generalizations about a diverse, productive and individualistic species.
But the tyrannosaurus rex is evil. Very evil. And anything you say to the contrary is wrong times infiniti. Because I grew up obsessed with the dino exhibits at the ROM and the Field Museum, and you know what all those visits upon visits taught me? Tyrannosaurus rex are evil and will haunt little kids' dreams until the age of 11. Especially if one was (edit:tense, past) obsessed with that old anime flick about the kids who travel back in time and that rex keeps following them through time and they have to kill it during a caveman ritual while it's raining and it's bloody and eeeevil like the Jabberwocky.

Rex = commie (but not actually commie since it was really more fascism) eeeeeeevil. The triceratops is just there because it feels badly for the oppressed people and it thinks that if it goes along with the rex's regime, it might actually be able to temper the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

So... yeah.

(Edit: Woah, waking up to last night's drunken attempts at humour is great!)

Boryspbg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Boryspbg

Да Здравствует Партия Ленина!!!

lareign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lareign

Only thing that would have made this better was if the color was "Tyrannosaurus Red Scare." Nicely done.

ramald01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramald01

To Communists:

In the words of Ayn Rand...
"When, at the age of twelve, at the time of the Russian revolution, I first heard the Communist principle that Man must exist for the sake of the State, I perceived that this was the essential issue, that this principle was evil, and that it could lead to nothing but evil, regardless of any methods, details, decrees, policies, promises and pious platitudes. This was the reason for my opposition to Communism then —and it is my reason now. I am still a little astonished, at times, that too many adult Americans do not understand the nature of the fight against Communism as clearly as I understood it at the age of twelve: they continue to believe that only Communist methods are evil, while Communist ideals are noble. All the victories of Communism since the year 1917 are due to that particular belief among the men who are still free."

And, to those Che Guevara-T-shirt-wearing-commies: Che Guevara was a communist murderer who created Cuba's death camp system and oversaw thousands of executions of innocent people.

Woot, I'm ashamed of you for featuring this shirt.. I do, however, acknowledge your right to sell whatever the public will buy.

I urge you to not buy this shirt and those of others who propagate hate. Embrace the teachings of Gandhi or the Dalai Lama. Wake up and do your homework.

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
ramald01 wrote:Woot, I'm ashamed of you for featuring this shirt.. I do, however, acknowledge your right to sell whatever the public will buy.

I urge you to not buy this shirt and those of others who propagate hate. Embrace the teachings of Gandhi or the Dalai Lama. Wake up and do your homework.



This shirt has communist dinosaurs. Perhaps the intended statement is to make the comparison that, like dinosaurs, communism should be extinct.

Obviously it's up to the viewer to decide what they think it means (or doesn't mean), but to pretend that there's only one way of seeing it seems a bit silly.

ps- I don't hate anybody, and I think Gandhi had some good ideas

rocketjohn


quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
goldenthorn wrote:Perhaps it's the honesty about what the design is? There's no trying to justify pairing dino's with Communism. The title says it all. Plus it speaks to the 7-year-old in many of us; it's two evil, scary, epic things thrown together in a ridiculous yet awesome manner. Honesty and fun: could one ask for anything more? I think not.



I would say that communism is not evil by nature, only by implementation.

Granted, it's difficult to see how it wouldn't turn evil during implementation, but that's far more related to humans than the ideology itself, and is actually just as true of capitalism.

Edit: Oh, and dinos aren't evil either. :-P

waacodemon


quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

you people are acting ridiculous with all the negative talk about the shirt...
ITS A FREAKIN SHIRT... stop tryin to make everything into a controversy. Either ya like it or ya dont.

Seriously people, if ya wanna have a endless argument, go stand in front of a mirror.

I once ate a cricket.

SaritaBeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth

woohoo!!!!! yay!!!! I am so happy to see this!!! in for 3! I can't wait to get it! *does a commie dino dance*

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

dajackstah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dajackstah

I guess the RESISTance didn't win against the communists. ;(

M3wThr33


quality posts: 8 Private Messages M3wThr33
coal0101 wrote:Way to spread the hate. I didn't know states could be labeled like that...



Actually, it's quite easy.
For some reason this shares a fairly equal heatmap with the Lincoln shirt.

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2139613

Pretty god damn funny how simple-minded people in the south can be.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

GF, I got one for ME! yay!

Belmarduk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Belmarduk

Just woke up to a very pleasant surprise! I'm very happy this didn't sell out already!

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Heck ya!!!

So happy these Red Dino's finally came to print! I'm in for 2 !
So that's 6 total Dinosaurs that are, for some reason, Communist!

Great shirt, MJ. Congrats on the well deserved print.

My first red woot, and I can't wait to wear it!

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Boryspbg wrote:Да Здравствует Партия Ленина!!!


Greetings to Lenin's Party? Did I even get close?


mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
M3wThr33 wrote:Actually, it's quite easy.
For some reason this shares a fairly equal heatmap with the Lincoln shirt.

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2139613

Pretty god damn funny how simple-minded people in the south can be.



That may have been true 40-50 years ago, until many companies moved south for tax reasons, and brought people with them.
Since the only states in the south that aren't black right now are Texas and Georgia (which have large metropolitan cities with businesses that moved south), I would think that the redneck label does not apply.

blahmcblah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
mjc613 wrote:Greetings to Lenin's Party? Did I even get close?



Close. It's "long live Lenin's Party." Google Translate for the win.


mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Jestik wrote:Heck ya!!!

So happy these Red Dino's finally came to print! I'm in for 2 !
So that's 6 total Dinosaurs that are, for some reason, Communist!

Great shirt, MJ. Congrats on the well deserved print.

My first red woot, and I can't wait to wear it!



Good point! Thank you GF for giving me the RED shirt I've been asking for!

blahmcblah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah

I considered addressing a few individual comments, but let's just suffice it to say that the level of stupidity in this thread is really astounding, even for woot. I'm really not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway, congrats MJ! In for one, etc.


albuu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages albuu
yeawuteva wrote:just another shirt to scare the children with...c'mon shirt.woot, get with the program...lets see some cool threads, like artsy tie-dye, cool sayings, shirts with happy people...if I see one more animal shirt, extinct or not, I'm gonna scream!!! this is the twenty third dinosoar shirt in the last two months it seems



i can agree with ur comment bout animals, yet i feel this shirt will sell very well due to its " up yours, ways of the past" appeal. nothing youth or pulse conscious ppl like more than a leg up on the old or the sleeping.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
blahmcblah wrote:I considered addressing a few individual comments, but let's just suffice it to say that the level of stupidity in this thread is really astounding, even for woot. I'm really not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Anyway, congrats MJ! In for one, etc.



Second!

I find myself more amused, and am hoping that people really aren't that obtuse, they're just trying to stir up discussion.

Me? I'm just happing to be buying this shirt

(psst. PM'd you, blahmcblah)

xylemicarious


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xylemicarious

God loves me.
On the other hand, now I'm friggin' broke because of buying this shirt. Oh well, Communist dinosaurs are totally worth it.

All I want in life's a little bit of love to take the pain away.

coal0101


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coal0101
M3wThr33 wrote:Actually, it's quite easy.
For some reason this shares a fairly equal heatmap with the Lincoln shirt.

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2139613

Pretty god damn funny how simple-minded people in the south can be.



Are you for real? It couldn't possible have anything to do with the fact that time zones exist and this shirt has been available to the east coast from 1AM-7AM? Have you ever been to the South? I have lived in the mid-west, the west coast, and in the south. Simple minded people live all over, even on Woot (you being a prime example).

I don't see how throwing around terms like "redneck" can bring anything to the thread. Why spread such hateful terms when you don't even take the time to get to know people.

groosalugg


quality posts: 4 Private Messages groosalugg
coal0101 wrote: Why spread such hateful terms when you don't even take the time to get to know people.



To get reactions like yours.

Relax, he's just trolling, dude.

fleamarketadict


quality posts: 11 Private Messages fleamarketadict
Bmop wrote:FINALLY. I bet this sells out by 6am CST.



Uh, no.
Interesting idea, but where are you people going to wear this? I know it comes from the "Alternate History" derby, but average joe on the street isn't gonna get that from this shirt. You're gonna have to explain it over and over, for if you don't people will form all kinds or weird ideas about what this shirt says and what is says about the wearer.
Must say I'm glad to see my state still not lit up on the woot map, and no, I won't be the one to light it.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

YES! i dared not hope! so love this shirt! in for 3 : )


Doverhere


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere
ramald01 wrote:To Communists:

In the words of Ayn Rand...
"When, at the age of twelve, at the time of the Russian revolution, I first heard the Communist principle that Man must exist for the sake of the State, I perceived that this was the essential issue, that this principle was evil, and that it could lead to nothing but evil, regardless of any methods, details, decrees, policies, promises and pious platitudes. This was the reason for my opposition to Communism then —and it is my reason now. I am still a little astonished, at times, that too many adult Americans do not understand the nature of the fight against Communism as clearly as I understood it at the age of twelve: they continue to believe that only Communist methods are evil, while Communist ideals are noble. All the victories of Communism since the year 1917 are due to that particular belief among the men who are still free."

And, to those Che Guevara-T-shirt-wearing-commies: Che Guevara was a communist murderer who created Cuba's death camp system and oversaw thousands of executions of innocent people.

Woot, I'm ashamed of you for featuring this shirt.. I do, however, acknowledge your right to sell whatever the public will buy.

I urge you to not buy this shirt and those of others who propagate hate. Embrace the teachings of Gandhi or the Dalai Lama. Wake up and do your homework.



Couldn't have said it near as well myself as ramald01 has.

The only thing that will be seen by someone viewing this shirt on the wearer is a RED SHIRT with a SICKLE AND HAMMER on it....... thus the wearer will be thought a communist sympathizer or, at minimum, an air-head.

This design being placed on a shirt and sold to the American public (or to anyone else for that matter) is disgusting, just disgusting. As a heretofore avid woot fan it really makes me question who's in charge of the woot.shirt division over there in Texas or if the attorney/founder of woot is either aware of what is going on with the shirts or just what he is trying to accomplish with this foolishness.

And as a retired military person who did my bit standing on the line on some of those cold grey dawns I'm really disappointed with this. Seems clear that those protected at home through the sacrifices of others standing in vigilance have little idea the costs of freedom and seem to, instead, just wallow in their own naievete and stupidity.

And note please the meth heads on the woot shirt boards have been slavering with anticipation of this release for several days. This is what is apparently called 'freedom of expression', and what it has earned us.

The freedom part is obviously good and necessary but it would be nice to see a bit more adult thinking and conscientious restraint too.

Azzyally


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azzyally

Ah... I was looking forward to picking up two Resist shirts. Commi Dinos and Resist were my two favorites from this derby, inhales sharply and creates suction that only one could make it. Congrats to the artist.

This is a signature. You are reading it. Thank you for your time.

gChinkin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gChinkin

I really want to buy this shirt... but I've already bought like 3 this past month. What shall I do....

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
sekiyoku wrote:Maybe, all I know is that woot is not very good at printing colors that are similar to the shirt color. xD Hopefully that's only a problem on its darker shirts.

On an unrelated note, is that like a T-rex and an Allosaurus, or two T-rexes, or what? :O



buy one and you'll see how great it prints. best dino shirt EVER!


Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
fleamarketadict wrote: average joe on the street isn't gonna get that from this shirt.



I don't buy (or wear) my shirts for average joe on the street. I buy them and wear them for me.

If anyone or anything else influences you to buy or wear a shirt, check yourself.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
tattooedbear wrote:Uhm....
Where have I seen this before? Hmmmm...



Sad.



maybe in the alternate history derby, wean bag?


Doverhere


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Doverhere
Jestik wrote:I don't buy (or wear) my shirts for average joe on the street. I buy them and wear them for me.

If anyone or anything else influences you to buy or wear a shirt, check yourself.


------
[Text removed by mod]

-------------------------------
NOTE TO STEVE BALLMER OR OTHER MONIED GOOD-GUY:

Please come in and buy up all the remains of this garbage shirt asap and burn the pile as quickly as possible.
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Samstag


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Samstag

Очень хорошо товарищ!

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Doverhere wrote:------
Jestik=dolt. Nuff said.
-------------------------------
NOTE TO STEVE BALLMER OR OTHER MONIED GOOD-GUY:

Please come in and buy up all the remains of this garbage shirt asap and burn the pile as quickly as possible.



dover= woot filtered response