jrhall1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrhall1984
ramald01 wrote:To Communists:

In the words of Ayn Rand...
"When, at the age of twelve, at the time of the Russian revolution, I first heard the Communist principle that Man must exist for the sake of the State, I perceived that this was the essential issue, that this principle was evil, and that it could lead to nothing but evil, regardless of any methods, details, decrees, policies, promises and pious platitudes. This was the reason for my opposition to Communism then —and it is my reason now. I am still a little astonished, at times, that too many adult Americans do not understand the nature of the fight against Communism as clearly as I understood it at the age of twelve: they continue to believe that only Communist methods are evil, while Communist ideals are noble. All the victories of Communism since the year 1917 are due to that particular belief among the men who are still free."

And, to those Che Guevara-T-shirt-wearing-commies: Che Guevara was a communist murderer who created Cuba's death camp system and oversaw thousands of executions of innocent people.

Woot, I'm ashamed of you for featuring this shirt.. I do, however, acknowledge your right to sell whatever the public will buy.

I urge you to not buy this shirt and those of others who propagate hate. Embrace the teachings of Gandhi or the Dalai Lama. Wake up and do your homework.

Did you just invoke Ayn Rand and Gandhi in the same post? Wow. My head hurts.

I don't know about this shirt. Feels like two things that people like were slapped together without a lot of thought, kind of pandering. I like ice cream and I like cars, but I don't need an ice cream car shirt.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Samstag wrote:Очень хорошо товарищ!

Согласитесь!!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
narkus wrote:dover= woot filtered response

ha, thanks for that, narkus. It's obvious dover is just a troll, as mentioned in yesterday's thread. And not a very good one, making obvious attempts to get a response by namecalling.

eatstoomuch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatstoomuch

LOVE this shirt! I don't understand all this seriousness on this thread related to communism. It's a t-shirt. It's amusing; it's fun. My first woot. Now I can vote! I also picked up sunking monkey. Are there conspiracy theories surrounding this shirt too?

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

This shirt is perfecting for burning and salting the land of the kulak pigs, or walking the dinosaur.

In for one, like good soviet dinosaur!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

Congrats on the print GF!

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
jrhall1984 wrote:I like ice cream and I like cars, but I don't need an ice cream car shirt.

You only feel that way because you are bummed Suburban Blitzkrieg by tgentry is no longer available.

Congratulations on this fine print, though I am sorry that this tread has started to debate the merits of communism rather than the merits of the shirt, though I guess people could argue that because the dinosaurs are communist, it is relevant. But I will leave those matters to the communist dinosaurs themselves, because they know better.

And it's a red shirt, perfect for the dinosaur loving Valentine!

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
prateeko wrote:Are you an idi0t or just ignorant? The swastika does not equal the hammer and sickle and more importantly, it's been around since a couple thousand BC in Hinduism and Buddhism - that a-hole Hitler just copped it for his twisted needs since he was trying to create an 'Aryan' nation (the supposed superior race that conquered India...see where this is going?)

Educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

You just don't get it..... talk about *Ignorant*

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
Doverhere wrote:
And note please the meth heads on the woot shirt boards have been slavering with anticipation of this release for several days. This is what is apparently called 'freedom of expression', and what it has earned us.

The freedom part is obviously good and necessary but it would be nice to see a bit more adult thinking and conscientious restraint too.

excuse me? meth head? since when does liking a shirt equate with drug use? if anything, this shirt is AGAINST communism you dolt. the artist said it herself. dinos- extinct. communism should be as well. it says evolve...as in communism should evolve.

in terms of politics...communism in and of itself is not evil. how it has been applied has had evil results. you could just as easily point to examples of monarchies being evil throughout history. or current "democracies" which really are just fronts for dictators. just because you fell hook line and sinker for our governments campaign against the "evil empire" does not mean the rest of us are "meth heads". it is a far better argument that the greatest threat to our safety and wellbeing as a nation this century has been fascism rather than communism.

I will wear this shirt happily, and send my son to school in it as well. it is a fun shirt, and anyone who is stupid enough to think that dinos combined with communism somehow equals promotion of a communist dictatorship is the one obviously drinking the koolaid.

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

ErinS1121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ErinS1121

Glad this printed - I haven't been here long, but I haven't seen more people disappointed about a shirt not printing the first time around than this one. I'm happy that everyone has an opportunity to pick it up now.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
SaritaBeth wrote:(..) is the one obviously drinking the koolaid.

This has been debated before, but I still vote for Tropical Punch flavor for the koolaid. heh

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref
Doverhere wrote:Couldn't have said it near as well myself as ramald01 has.

The only thing that will be seen by someone viewing this shirt on the wearer is a RED SHIRT with a SICKLE AND HAMMER on it....... thus the wearer will be thought a communist sympathizer or, at minimum, an air-head.

This design being placed on a shirt and sold to the American public (or to anyone else for that matter) is disgusting, just disgusting. As a heretofore avid woot fan it really makes me question who's in charge of the woot.shirt division over there in Texas or if the attorney/founder of woot is either aware of what is going on with the shirts or just what he is trying to accomplish with this foolishness.

And as a retired military person who did my bit standing on the line on some of those cold grey dawns I'm really disappointed with this. Seems clear that those protected at home through the sacrifices of others standing in vigilance have little idea the costs of freedom and seem to, instead, just wallow in their own naievete and stupidity.

And note please the meth heads on the woot shirt boards have been slavering with anticipation of this release for several days. This is what is apparently called 'freedom of expression', and what it has earned us.

The freedom part is obviously good and necessary but it would be nice to see a bit more adult thinking and conscientious restraint too.

Wow... with stalwart protectors like you, who the hell needs enemies?

lfiesta2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lfiesta2001

Wooooooo! I'm Russian, and I AM GETTING THIS! hahaha

zbusterzsabre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbusterzsabre

Awesome! Glad to see this win. Much better than the other two that printed.

kwilder

eneref wrote:Wow... with stalwart protectors like you, who the hell needs enemies?

Though you may not agree with him, his service is certainly nothing to laugh at.

superfo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superfo

Glad I got mine before the sellout! (It's only a matter of time, thanks to the Valentine's Day Bump.) Hope I get it in time to wear for the festivities! Fingers crossed.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Congrats MJ!!

Valis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Valis
Doverhere wrote:
This design being placed on a shirt and sold to the American public (or to anyone else for that matter) is disgusting, just disgusting. As a heretofore avid woot fan it really makes me question who's in charge of the woot.shirt division over there in Texas or if the attorney/founder of woot is either aware of what is going on with the shirts or just what he is trying to accomplish with this foolishness.

Woot didn't choose this shirt. We did. By voting for it.

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
superfo wrote:Glad I got mine before the sellout! (It's only a matter of time, thanks to the Valentine's Day Bump.) Hope I get it in time to wear for the festivities! Fingers crossed.

I love the whole joke of the Commie Dinos, but I MUST ask... How does this pertain to V-Day? I'm well aware as to why it was created, I don't need that explanation from anyone. I'm trying to figure out superfo's correlation between Dinos, Communism and Valentines Day.

ScarFan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScarFan

I love this shirt. I'm proud to say it's my first Woot!!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

Congrats geekfactor! I hope this makes it to the Wyo in time for my bf's birthday next Saturday! I'm bettin' it won't.

Carpe shirtem!

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
JadenKale wrote:I love the whole joke of the Commie Dinos, but I MUST ask... How does this pertain to V-Day? I'm well aware as to why it was created, I don't need that explanation from anyone. I'm trying to figure out superfo's correlation between Dinos, Communism and Valentines Day.

I think it's because it's red...and maybe the dinosaurs really rev up the engines of love? o.O

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

YESSSS!!!! This makes my 3rd woot!

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
dajackstah wrote:I guess the RESISTance didn't win against the communists. ;(

RESISTance is futile.

Sorry, this trekker couldn't pass that up.

iris420

M3wThr33 wrote:Actually, it's quite easy.
For some reason this shares a fairly equal heatmap with the Lincoln shirt.

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2139613

Pretty god damn funny how simple-minded people in the south can be.

The Civil War is over. Get over it.

Carpe shirtem!

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
mjc613 wrote:Greetings to Lenin's Party? Did I even get close?

You were close...Long Live Lenin's Party.

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
JadenKale wrote:I love the whole joke of the Commie Dinos, but I MUST ask... How does this pertain to V-Day? I'm well aware as to why it was created, I don't need that explanation from anyone. I'm trying to figure out superfo's correlation between Dinos, Communism and Valentines Day.

Because it's red, and he's in love with dinosaurs. And commies.

iris420

kcman011 wrote:Because it's red, and he's in love with dinosaurs. And commies.

That's the same reason I'm buying it for my boyfriend. One of the first things he hung up in my apartment when we moved in together was his prized hammer and sickle commie flag. I just took a deep breath and reminded myself that sometimes relationships are all about compromise, and let the flag stay up. He's going to LOVE this shirt.

Carpe shirtem!

Smilevampy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Smilevampy

YESSS!!!

My boyfriend will love this one! Big dino freak (already got him Gearassic Period). Big commie freak, too...

I think he would have dug the Resist tee, too... (science geek). So it would've been a win-win either way.

In for 1.

Shirt.woots total: 3

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref
kwilder wrote:Though you may not agree with him, his service is certainly nothing to laugh at.

I'm not laughing at his service. I'm sneering at the fact that he uses that as a justification for intolerance and negativity. I don't give a rat's ass WHAT you do for me or my security. That doesn't give you carte blanche to treat people badly or with contempt.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

SaritaBeth wrote:excuse me? meth head? since when does liking a shirt equate with drug use? if anything, this shirt is AGAINST communism you dolt. the artist said it herself. dinos- extinct. communism should be as well. it says evolve...as in communism should evolve.

in terms of politics...communism in and of itself is not evil. how it has been applied has had evil results. you could just as easily point to examples of monarchies being evil throughout history. or current "democracies" which really are just fronts for dictators. just because you fell hook line and sinker for our governments campaign against the "evil empire" does not mean the rest of us are "meth heads". it is a far better argument that the greatest threat to our safety and wellbeing as a nation this century has been fascism rather than communism.

I will wear this shirt happily, and send my son to school in it as well. it is a fun shirt, and anyone who is stupid enough to think that dinos combined with communism somehow equals promotion of a communist dictatorship is the one obviously drinking the koolaid.

I strongly concur with and repeat what you wrote for the benefit of those lacking a sense of humour and/or understanding of opinions and points of view outside their own narrow, little worlds. I could not have articulated it better myself!

For an extra perspective: my mother's family came over to America from the Soviet Union. I grew up listening to them discussing their friends' and their own time spent in gulags and under the communist regime. They lost large parts of their families and friends to the gulags, so they have as much reason as any of you (if not more so) to hate Communism. Their unanimous conclusions? That Soviet communism was not communism, but fascism disguised as communism. And you know what else? They're going to find this tshirt hilarious.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

though i like the red colour shirt and all, i just can't bring myself to jump on the dinosaur wagon...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

kwilder

If you don't see the connection between communism, dinosaurs, and Valentine's you must be crazy :P

(personally I chalk it up to the shirt being red)

kwilder

eneref wrote:I'm not laughing at his service. I'm sneering at the fact that he uses that as a justification for intolerance and negativity. I don't give a rat's ass WHAT you do for me or my security. That doesn't give you carte blanche to treat people badly or with contempt.

Fair enough, eneref. Thanks for your explanation.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
brybry wrote:the swastika. the hammer and sickle. what is the difference. don't promote them in any way. sarcasym, spoof or shirts. the spreading of the wealth is the doom for all.

There is a significant different between communists and Can someone recap World War 2 for me?, fundamentally. The end result of either has ultimately been oppression, but where the Can someone recap World War 2 for me? systematically killed thousands for their race and beliefs, the communists just tried to make a system of government in which everyone is equal. It doesn't work of course, but it doesn't help that typically communist leaders are corrupt and power-hungry, and therefore do not spread the wealth appropriately, so the vast majority is poverty stricken. Don't get my wrong, I don't believe communism is good, but at its core it's far more well-meaning than nazism ever was.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
eneref wrote:I'm not laughing at his service. I'm sneering at the fact that he uses that as a justification for intolerance and negativity. I don't give a rat's ass WHAT you do for me or my security. That doesn't give you carte blanche to treat people badly or with contempt.

To be completely fair, his service is most likely fictional anyway.

Shun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shun

I really just like the name of this shirt.

superfo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superfo

You mean your Valentine's Day celebrations have never included dinosaurs in any way, shape, or form? You must know the basic equation that Dinosaurs = Love. What is the world coming to?

kwilder

superfo wrote:You mean your Valentine's Day celebrations have never included dinosaurs in any way, shape, or form? You must know the basic equation that Dinosaurs = Love. What is the world coming to?

Finally a post that makes sense!

And now we have a shirt that is appropriate for the celebration of love and consumerism approaching us. Go dinos, show your sweetheart how much you love them.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Jestik wrote:
If anyone or anything else influences you to buy or wear a shirt, check yourself.

B4 U WRECK YO'SELF!