AugustusPCat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AugustusPCat
EinnaFK wrote:Those poor tiny ketchup packets! What did they do to deserve such torture?

Anyways, great design - Congrats!

Are you sure those are ketchup packets? Look closer, sure looks like apples drawn on them to me.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
2thFairy wrote:Mmmmm.. I love cottage cheese and potato chips!

I dip french fries in my Wendy's Frosty.

Big congrats Artulo!! This made me smile first thing this morning.

jdipetrillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdipetrillo
smedgrick wrote:You guys are talking about that Pink Floyd song from The Division Bell, right? I know, it is a pretty good song.

The grass was greener...

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
theinfinityloop wrote:I dip french fries in my Wendy's Frosty.

Very interesting.. heh

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

This t-shirt comes with a recession rescue plan

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
artulo wrote:Yes, by all means you should if able to do so!

Artulo, Congrats on the print! Can you tell me the meaning of this print? Is it ketchup?

wootcrazed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootcrazed

congrats artulo !!! way to go ...
I have been wanting this shirt since the thrifty derby.
In for 2. I hope the neck hole size is back to normal. I dont like the new neck.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
donnaluvswoot wrote:Artulo, Congrats on the print! Can you tell me the meaning of this print? Is it ketchup?

Thanks, yes this was for the "Thrift" derby where it originally placed 21st. It's meant to be a ketchup bottle refilling itself with packets. You know, the ones from the drive thru or mall food court that seem to end up all over the place. I know I have a whole drawer full of them.

To the folks who think the packets look like they have apples on them instead of tomatoes, I can see that. I got a little overzealous with the illustrator tools and put a little extra on those. Think of it as a bonus! Like when you're at a concert and the lead guitar plays a few extra notes that don't really belong there. More for your money.

Thanks again to all for the good comments and those who bought a shirt or two. Lots of times I fly under the radar and it's nice to be noticed!

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
artulo wrote:Thanks, yes this was for the "Thrift" derby where it originally placed 21st. It's meant to be a ketchup bottle refilling itself with packets. You know, the ones from the drive thru or mall food court that seem to end up all over the place. I know I have a whole drawer full of them.

To the folks who think the packets look like they have apples on them instead of tomatoes, I can see that. I got a little overzealous with the illustrator tools and put a little extra on those. Think of it as a bonus! Like when you're at a concert and the lead guitar plays a few extra notes that don't really belong there. More for your money.

Thanks again to all for the good comments and those who bought a shirt or two. Lots of times I fly under the radar and it's nice to be noticed!

Too funny!! I like it!! Wish I weren't broke! Congrats again and let's hope you have some #1 derby winners in the future!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

I worked for some people once, and older couple, in their 60s & 70s. They were/are millionaires. I saw the wife doing this. Every time we went to a restaurant, if there were any kind of condiment packages on the table, she took them home. Every time. So, I bought this shirt for my sister. She will LOVE it.

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka
artulo wrote:(snip)

(snip)

Thanks for clearing that up, I was really confused :p.

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83

I really love the artwork, but I hate cream tees (I've only made one exception)...Gonna pass today, but I'll hope for it as one of my randoms next time it comes around...Congrats!

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83

I used to do that at Dairy Queen with their sundaes...Nothing like fries and vanilla ice cream! Yummo!

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

I so totally do that too! Fries + ice cream = yum!

We'll have to make sure our ketchup-loving friend sees this shirt. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

I have never understood those tiny packets... who needs just one of those? Why not make some bigger sizes.

2thFairy

mattlscc wrote:I have never understood those tiny packets... who needs just one of those? Why not make some bigger sizes.

They don't squish as easy when you step on them.

Belmarduk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Belmarduk

Edit: Never mind

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder
sekiyoku wrote:Ha, I called this one! Congrats, artulo. Unfortunately the cream will make it not as sellable as it could have been.

snarkygal wrote:Well aren't you Debbie Downer. I've noticed you make a semi-negative comment right at the top on people's shirts all the time. Uncool, very uncool.

Congrats Artulo, about time Woot recognized your work no matter what color shirt it's on!

Snarky, I agree, I noticed this on other shirt threads as well. It is a bit of a turn off.

I, for one, love the color of creme. I think it is such a pretty color, and can really be worn with anything. Congratulations on the print, artulo!

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos

first one i actually feel compelled to buy, but cream just doesn't go with my skin.

good job either way.

boomermayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boomermayne

just bought one of these badboys, hot Rollerball (2002)

missiaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missiaa

this is just like me at McDonalds, fill 'er up!

I'm so happy to have a ketchup shirt!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

HOT DAMN, IT'S ARTULO! And about damn time, too!

I was hoping for the virus shirt, but congrats no less. You certainly earned it!

pittjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pittjedi

This is my 4th woot to date. I even bought an extra one for my bro-in-law who is notorious for doing just this thing. He's going to LOVE this shirt.

I've only been a member since November, but I enjoy coming to the site every day and checking out the latest design, even if I don't buy them all.

Congrats Artulo, fun design. Being that I'm from Pittsburgh, the home of Heinz ketchup, this one will hold a special place in my home. (Well really the dresser drawer until I wear it, but you know what I mean, ahuhu.)

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Congrats Artulo. You're one of my fav t-shirt artist.

DomSantiago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DomSantiago

lmao i LIVE in saint louis, messed up yo

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
ChefRAZ wrote:Oggling my goat? ! bad story. but so funny! people look at me weird when I eat cottage cheese and potato chips.

Cottage cheese and potato chips is my favorite snack. It's the only useful thing I ever learned from my mother. Have you ever smashed chips and cottage cheese together in a bowl and eaten it like cereal? Mmmmmmm.....

Carpe shirtem!

2thFairy

iris420 wrote:Cottage cheese and potato chips is my favorite snack. It's the only useful thing I ever learned from my mother. Have you ever smashed chips and cottage cheese together in a bowl and eaten it like cereal? Mmmmmmm.....

YESSS!!!! bbq chips are good too, for variety.

sdsnowbrdr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdsnowbrdr

I love ketchup. In for one.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
mattlscc wrote:I have never understood those tiny packets... who needs just one of those? Why not make some bigger sizes.

dbl post flub-up

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
ChefRAZ wrote:[germany does]

2thFairy

ChefRAZ wrote:

'Cause the Germans know how to do it right. Ha!!!

busylizzy64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages busylizzy64

Love the design, but the shirt color is hideous with it. Too bad, I woulda bought one.

captain5157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captain5157

Congrats you got me to get my first shirt woot! Nice work I think its hilarious got 2 of em.
Thanks again

pianolin717

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717

I've been debating ALL DAY LONG whether or not to get this, because the cream might wash me out.. but I had to buy it! (I love red btw <3) But that bottle was one of the cutest things ever.. so I had to get it!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
eHalcyon wrote:I don't understand this sentiment. I think it's a good design, but by no means one of his best. To me, it's just another scared food design. I think he's done wayyyyy better.

Late to the party, but absolutely agreed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

lokklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
iris420 wrote:Cottage cheese and potato chips is my favorite snack. It's the only useful thing I ever learned from my mother. Have you ever smashed chips and cottage cheese together in a bowl and eaten it like cereal? Mmmmmmm.....

That sounds terrifying. But I do like chips and cottage cheese separately.
I like french bread and potato chip sandwiches. They're carbolicious.

And also, I've eaten these before:

They were, in a strange way, very delicious. I feel very compelled to try foods that I shouldn't be.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 11 Private Messages fleamarketadict

My wife does that!
I'm an old fart - for me its saltines with jello.
Cool design, but I already got two cream shirt.woot shirts, so I'll pass.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick

with all this anti-cream talk, maybe woot should have a golden-rod color available. Then again, it'd be nice if they had many more colors.

shakensparco

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shakensparco

The tomatoes look like apples

wootcrazed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootcrazed

come 'on guys....you must get this shirt. it is gonna be greaaattttttttt. it has to sellout, just gotta to.