radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
EinnaFK wrote:CAN I EAT THIS SHIRT!?

Just add chili

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
fablefire wrote:Totally. Sushi is delish.

"it's ok to eat fish, cuz they haven't any feelings"

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK
radiomode wrote:Just add chili

Splendid idea! Alas, I have no chili.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AdderXYU wrote:I am a bigger fan of LandFish

mmmmm LandFish are delightfully tasty.

jmenik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmenik
HeartlineTwist wrote:Aw, congrats, but this shirt keeps me from going 3/3 on the weekend.

In other news: Why in the blue hell is Oklahoma so blue all the time now?

Hehe, it's by population density...two wooter friends of mine just moved to Norman, and they do it proud!

heh.

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse

Congrats on the print lokklyn!
Ever since this shirt came up I've been craving sushi. I finally gave in to my craving and ate some yesterday at Mitsuwa. Yum, it was eel and salmon. =)

rossismyname

quality posts: 10 Private Messages rossismyname

I've had some money set aside to get a shirt or two for awhile, but it's been months since I've seen one I wanted.

JadenKale

radiomode wrote:Just add chili

Whoah whoah there, radiomode... why just make it edible, when Manwich can make it a meal?

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark
EinnaFK wrote:Your computer is plotting against you. It's brown ;)

Thanks! My brightness and Contrast settings were all out of whack.

lokklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
Zenverse wrote:Congrats on the print lokklyn!
Ever since this shirt came up I've been craving sushi. I finally gave in to my craving and ate some yesterday at Mitsuwa. Yum, it was eel and salmon. =)

I want some eel so badly right now. :'(
I believe I was thinking about Philadelphia rolls when I was drawing this... And I kind of want those now, too.

ultrabot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultrabot

it's not my fault the fish just happen to graze themselves on my knife!

littlezilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlezilla

Yes freakin' yes!
I still think this should have won 1st place. I mean, look at it! Can't wait to try it out at Benihana's ^_^

Defeatist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Defeatist
yeawuteva wrote:finally a shirt people at PETA would approve of...unlike most of the animal shirts here, this one is in DEFENSE of the poor fishies, who, like humans, have a brain and emotions such as fear and loneliness. I applaud this artist for showing us in shirt.woot-land how eating animals for survival is cruel and should not take place. Viva la vegetarianism!

Its okay, for every animal you dont eat, ill eat three

Viva La Herbivarians

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
littlezilla wrote:Yes freakin' yes!
I still think this should have won 1st place. I mean, look at it! Can't wait to try it out at Benihana's ^_^

Benihana's < real sushi place

that was fun while it lasted!

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK
Stark wrote:Thanks! My brightness and Contrast settings were all out of whack.

No worries ^^

Though, I sense a conspiracy... You should look into that.

sald

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sald

Wait, I want my money back, that fish has no dorsal fin.

Zenverse

lokklyn wrote:I want some eel so badly right now. :'(
I believe I was thinking about Philadelphia rolls when I was drawing this... And I kind of want those now, too.

Oh yeah, philly rolls are great too. A little cream cheese goes a long way =). But stay away from Sea Urchin. I tried some once at a Sushi bar with my boyfriend and it was so weird. It was mushy like a paste and it didn't really taste like anything.

techspecs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techspecs

Nice. This is a pretty funny shirt however, I can't imagine myself wearing it though. Congrats on the print.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Congrats on the print! I really loved the colors of this one. And of course, I'm always up for morbid.

AdderXYU wrote:"it's ok to eat fish, cuz they haven't any feelings"

I went veg for a year but still ate fish. So essentially I wasn't vegetarian...but I was deluded enough to trick myself into thinking I was. I think 'fish don't have families' was my argument. ;)

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
AdderXYU wrote:"it's ok to eat fish, cuz they haven't any feelings"

Fish are friends AND food.

AdderXYU

Zenverse wrote:Oh yeah, philly rolls are great too. A little cream cheese goes a long way =). But stay away from Sea Urchin. I tried some once at a Sushi bar with my boyfriend and it was so weird. It was mushy like a paste and it didn't really taste like anything.

Funny thing is, if indoctrinating someone into the world of sushi, I would probably order uni if they felt super adventurous (because PTERODACTYLS!, I love it myself), but would steer them away from "philly rolls" or "california rolls". I much prefer straight nigiri or maki... really makes you appreciate fish for what it is. Eel, of course, is an exception.

chrisdazzo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chrisdazzo

This will go perfectly with my new Koi tattoo!!

I'll be your Apple man.

ryanrchurchill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryanrchurchill

Meh.

Pass.

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark
Zenverse wrote:Oh yeah, philly rolls are great too. A little cream cheese goes a long way =). But stay away from Sea Urchin. I tried some once at a Sushi bar with my boyfriend and it was so weird. It was mushy like a paste and it didn't really taste like anything.

If your Sea Urchin didn't taste like anything, consider yourself lucky. The one time I tried it, in addition to its gross consistency, it tasted just awful. Of course, most of their sushi was subpar to begin with.
Most Japanese people will vouch for Sea Urchin's deliciousness, but what do they know?

lokklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
AdderXYU wrote:Funny thing is, if indoctrinating someone into the world of sushi, I would probably order uni if they felt super adventurous (because PTERODACTYLS!, I love it myself), but would steer them away from "philly rolls" or "california rolls". I much prefer straight nigiri or maki... really makes you appreciate fish for what it is. Eel, of course, is an exception.

Philly rolls don't exist in Japan, as far as I know. I really like Americanized sushi. I'm a terrible person. I also like Americanized Chinese food.

I enjoy tuna and salmon rolls if I want something non-bastardized.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
yeawuteva wrote:finally a shirt people at PETA would approve of...unlike most of the animal shirts here, this one is in DEFENSE of the poor fishies, who, like humans, have a brain and emotions such as fear and loneliness. I applaud this artist for showing us in shirt.woot-land how eating animals for survival is cruel and should not take place. Viva la vegetarianism!

you've seen the movie "Nemo" too often.

Zenverse

AdderXYU wrote:Funny thing is, if indoctrinating someone into the world of sushi, I would probably order uni if they felt super adventurous (because PTERODACTYLS!, I love it myself), but would steer them away from "philly rolls" or "california rolls". I much prefer straight nigiri or maki... really makes you appreciate fish for what it is. Eel, of course, is an exception.

I think the taste for uni is kind of hit or miss. I could have just received a rather tasteless piece but I might find it better somewhere else. I think it was more the consistency that turned me off to it. As for nigiri and maki, I like them equally. Although I tend to like the maki because of the extras in it like the avocado and cucumber. I generally don't eat the Cali rolls because they are...kinda boring...heh. Although I like them, I don't usually get Philly rolls but it depends on what my mood/craving is at the time. I think the cream cheese adds an interesting element to the taste. I would definitely like to try some fugu sometime since I hear that they were able to successfully raise poison free fish.

But are you saying you do or don't like eel?

AdderXYU

Zenverse wrote:I think the taste for uni is kind of hit or miss. I could have just received a rather tasteless piece but I might find it better somewhere else. I think it was more the consistency that turned me off to it. As for nigiri and maki, I like them equally. Although I tend to like the maki because of the extras in it like the avocado and cucumber. I generally don't eat the Cali rolls because they are...kinda boring...heh. Although I like them, I don't usually get Philly rolls but it depends on what my mood/craving is at the time. I think the cream cheese adds an interesting element to the taste. I would definitely like to try some fugu sometime since I hear that they were able to successfully raise poison free fish.

But are you saying you do or don't like eel?

i'm saying that unagi is traditionally barbecued, as opposed to raw.

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

[quote postid="2974466" user="lokklyn"]My first print! How exciting. :') Thank you for your support.
This printing is dedicated to my #1 biggest fan in the world, AdderXYU!

Great design, got mine, that makes three for three this weekend, can't wait to get them all in. Congrats on your first print, I am sure it won't be your last.

Adder must just be so excited for you.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
filpenny wrote:kind of depressing, no?

yes

IchiTheKiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IchiTheKiller

funny but true fact, in florida at our aquarium, we have a anual sushi competition/fund raiser.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Some will like this for sure, but it's just not for me.

If I'm buying any aquatic creature today, it'll be the Prairie Squid.

But, technically, it might be a land creature...

refriedbeans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages refriedbeans

Two of life's great mysteries:

1) Why does the title block show "Re: Loss" when posting and I can't clear it?

2) If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Yo

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick

I thought this shirt was gonna tank...
So there's definitely something fishy going on with the voting system...
But who knows, sales for this shirt may turn out to be off the scales...

okillstopnow

JadenKale

I have to say, after having real sushi at a restaurant out east, I have a whole new appreciation for it that I couldn't achieve here in the Midwest. And since I am the adventurous sort, I was the one who ordered the uni, the friend was very hesitant to even try it. I think I would have been rather upset had I not ordered and tried it. She just pushed the quick order menu over and said "order what you think you want". And while it is a buttery consistency and unusual flavor, uni would be something I'd try again, absolutely.

We had a modified rainbow roll, modified california roll, and one called a burrito roll (basically tuna, scallion and avocado), but I really quite enjoyed the traditional sushi the most. And I've never had fish melt in my mouth... that was the best part about the nigiri. I also felt bad she couldn't have the eel I ordered but damn... grilled eel is amazing. I could eat eel and nigiri forever. I get a little teary knowing I won't have decent sushi again for a very long time.

We took a picture of all we had:

and yes...
that is Animal Hat in the picture

zach99998

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zach99998

Ugh, this theme has really started to run its course. That's not to say I don't like the shirt; I think if this shirt was submitted a year and a half ago I would be all over it.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Fairly well drawn, I guess - maybe the scene outside of the fishbowl is a bit off, tho. NEway, I can't see me wearing this - pass.

damnedreality

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damnedreality

In for one...
this shirt kinda reminds me of donut panic though, but I bought that one too so I guess it only makes sense.
I was kinda hoping it be a lil bigger on the shirt though and occupy a lil more of the chest area, but alas I will love it all the same.

Once I get my scanner I might start submitting to the derbies

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

Congrats on the print lokklyn!

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fleamarketadict

The bloody knife kills the design as well as the sushi. Does sushi bleed?

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.