Mordiceius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mordiceius

This shirt was a no brainer and instawoot for me. I love it!

• 29 woot.com (9 bouncing orange cats)
  • 47 shirt.woot.com

nehinbin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nehinbin

Interesting shirt for the science and gambling lovers but not for me.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Wow, good job to the artist. :D This should sell well.

I considered getting one for my Magic playing moments, but I decided my Living the Dream shirt is still more relevant. xD

mageakyla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mageakyla

My first Woot goes to Wil. You spoke to my inner and outer geekiness. Got one for me and one for the hubby!

mkrauss123

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mkrauss123

Come on people

None of you have any real cred. And this design makes Mr. Wheaton an obvious poser IMO. Old sk00l D4 had the numbers mid-line on the sides and not on the corners.

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant

i definately do not understand this shirt...the comments here seem to indicate it is about that dungeons and dragons game...does it use dice then? it's not something kids dress up and play? either way, it's over my head, so i will not be in for one tonight.

however, i will say that stand by me is a top five flick for sure.

Shenorock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shenorock
nehinbin wrote:Interesting shirt for the science and gambling lovers but not for me.

Wrong dice, these are the dorky kind =P

csmorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmorgan
Kayla1092 wrote:two words. one song. and its "Conventional Lover"

check it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Oh no! Saving throw!
This is also in Rock Band 2 ;)

FirstWoot:BFG 5700LE 256MB OverclockedAGPVideoCard
FavoriteWoot:CuisinartGrindandBrewThermal 10-Cup CoffeeMaker
RazerMouseQty:6
Friends:Leakfrog,BlackWootCapeMonkey,Powersquid

etoile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etoile

What is with Twitter going down for maintenance the instant this was released? I had to go make a blog post about it instead. Damn you, Twitter!

Anyway, I'm already in for one. Love it!

ETA: This was my first shirt.woot purchase. I have seen many awesome designs on here. But this one pushed me over the edge, BECAUSE OF WIL. more celeb shirt designers plskthx!

woots bought: 11. still in use: 5.

silfron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silfron

In for one, and my first woot purchase (but not my first tee - I've gotten a few gifts).

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
rglee129 wrote:I cannot think of a shirt that typifies woot more than this one- a pun, physics, Wil Wheaton, and D & D. Pretty neat!

(And on asphalt, of course!)

Wow, so true, haha- especially the asphalt part.

reiyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reiyou

Got one.

The only thing better is that Star-Trek inspired corset (see it in Wil's blog). In his words, "Set phasers to rawr."

MykalB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MykalB
thesis4eva wrote:
Oh, Picard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVjOuoGnZU = Best video of Patrick Stewart ever.

Negative. THIS is the best Patrick Stewart video ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURfntimnlA

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

rdpollard

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdpollard

This concept is tired. Almost as tired as everything Wil Wheaton puts his hand to. Do something original for once. Use your considerable nerd following for something other than perpetuating the bland status quo.

Pass.

Irrelevant

hey, is there a pool going for when we think this will sellout? what's the time to beat in the 3,000 print runs?

JadenKale

Irrelevant wrote:hey, is there a pool going for when we think this will sellout? what's the time to beat in the 3,000 print runs?

2 hrs, I believe for 3k level.

He's missed the best sell out time already.

Irrelevant

JadenKale wrote:2 hrs, I believe for 3k level.

He's missed the best sell out time already.

how so? it's only been 1/2 hour. am i wrong?

JadenKale

Irrelevant wrote:how so? it's only been 1/2 hour. am i wrong?

The best time was 19 mins for a sell out. That was on 'Cool Breeze'

Best time for a 3k shirt was 2 hrs 22 mins: 'The Epic Begins'

edit:
corrected.

ryanrchurchill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryanrchurchill

...everybody who plays real RPGs knows you need a couple of ten sided dice to roll percentile...

Very cool shirt though, congrats to Wil. I think I will pass however, as it does not have a monkey (and wasn't designed by Brent Spiner).

Kiddn, of course.

manofsteel420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manofsteel420

awesome .. almost as good as the choose your weapon shirt with the dice .. not quite as funny but more nerdy and bad ass .. met wil at watchmen screening today .. he's cool and anyone who likes the shirt should check his website .. cool nerd with excellent taste .. thanks for shirt

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

just in case wil wheaton is reading this...

i don't care what people said, i loved you in star trek tng. i got an action figure of you for Christmas many years ago and it was the best gift ever. you were my favorite ensign ever :D

cephalon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cephalon

heh, i am such the nerd.
i saw this shirt and *knew*
and it became my first woot.

--
more elaborate .sig pending outcome of litigation.

Irrelevant

JadenKale wrote:The best time was 15 mins for a sell out. That was on 'Decomposition'

was decomposition a 3K run though? if not, he can could still go for the record in theory, on a level playing field.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

Man, seeing some of these youngsters asking what these dice are for (or assuming they're for the wrong thing) is making me feel old.

Really though, it's just my dad that's old. Haha. I was lucky (lucky?) enough to have a nerd dad who enjoyed the true 'old school gaming' ways..

I'm considering buying this for the old crumb, as he looks good in charcoal. Still, for some reason the red/charcoal together is screwing up my eyes..

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen

I squealed like the little girl I once was after seeing yesterday's shirt (and then promptly bought it). While waiting on my bastion of consternation I happened to glance over at the picture for tomorrow (today's?) shirt.woot. Why, that's a cute design. *click* "Oh my god, it's *$%&ing Wil Wheaton!"

*buy*

manofsteel420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manofsteel420
ryanrchurchill wrote:...everybody who plays real RPGs knows you need a couple of ten sided dice to roll percentile...

Very cool shirt though, congrats to Wil. I think I will pass however, as it does not have a monkey (and wasn't designed by Brent Spiner).

Kiddn, of course.

ahuhu .. he actually comments on the d100 vs 2d10 subject on his website .. it's hilarious and he knows his nerd stuff .. he's down with 2d10 .. don't hate

thesis4eva

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thesis4eva
MykalB wrote:Negative. THIS is the best Patrick Stewart video ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURfntimnlA

I think that's the second best Patrick Stewart video ever.

Just because at the end he is flabbergasted the guy's not seen Star Trek.

But something bothers me about Patrick Stewart's eyes in that clip. It must be some makeup or something. They look weird.

dfriedenbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfriedenbach

Stupid woot, I bought one for myself and now I want one for my GM/girlfriend and I can't get her one because she has no credit card and you won't let me make another purchase on mine even though I only bought one.

(and I couldn't really have just ordered them together since we're sadly a few hundred miles apart in college atm)

JadenKale

Irrelevant wrote:was decomposition a 3K run though? if not, he can could still go for the record in theory, on a level playing field.

no... I didn't say it was a 3k run.
and I corrected myself. I was talking about Cool Breeze.

The point is the BEST sell out for a shirt ever was 19 mins. In theory, he can easily outsell the other 3k shirts in record time.

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
dfriedenbach wrote:Stupid woot, I bought one for myself and now I want one for my GM/girlfriend and I can't get her one because she has no credit card and you won't let me make another purchase on mine even though I only bought one.

(and I couldn't really have just ordered them together since we're sadly a few hundred miles apart in college atm)

Setup a new account and use paypal.

Irrelevant

JadenKale wrote:no... I didn't say it was a 3k run.
and I corrected myself. I was talking about Cool Breeze.

The point is the BEST sell out for a shirt ever was 19 mins. In theory, he can easily outsell the other 3k shirts in record time.

Cool. That's what I was going for. Apparently this dude has a legion of fans, so I'd assume if any shirt is going to reset the 3K run sellout time, this would be it.

Good work JK getting the times and shirts down.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Got one!
Had to.
Too many years watching Star Trek
Hope my son doesn't steal it.

Stand By Me is one of the movies I buy every time the technology changes. Classic, timeless movie.

Thanks for all the hours of entrainment!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ryanrchurchill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ryanrchurchill
manofsteel420 wrote:ahuhu .. he actually comments on the d100 vs 2d10 subject on his website .. it's hilarious and he knows his nerd stuff .. he's down with 2d10 .. don't hate

Definitely not hatin, sorry if it came across as if I were. I will check it out at work tomorrow...

Good night wooters. Good night Wil.

JadenKale

Irrelevant wrote:Cool. That's what I was going for. Apparently this dude has a legion of fans, so I'd assume if any shirt is going to reset the 3K run sellout time, this would be it.

Good work JK getting the times and shirts down.

People need to remember where to go, though. that takes effort that some are not willing to put into it.

Irrelevant

JadenKale wrote:People need to remember where to go, though. that takes effort that some are not willing to put into it.

people like me. ha.

dfriedenbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfriedenbach
dsatele wrote:Setup a new account and use paypal.

I've never used paypal, actually.

tgzuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgzuke
jobble wrote:That was my first reaction as well. D10 needs to be added or drop the D6 and replace it with the D10.

The d10 is not a platonic solid, though.

HA! +1 to nerdness!

JadenKale

Irrelevant wrote:people like me. ha.

You've been here too long... you've drifted into the unknown... Once your eyes adjusted, you saw the reality of woot as we know it. You've been...

wait for it...

assimilated.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

Ok, so I got tired of the woot off, watched a movie, came back before bed and saw this and before I even blinked I bought one. I just had to.

This shirt is awesome. I met the love of my life thanks to D&D, (well, then he broke my heart, but you know the love and lost cliche, I believe in it!) made some of the best friends I've ever had through D&D, and my biggest fascination is with the dice themselves, I have quite a little collection. ;) THANK YOU!!!!!