Devilofabird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Devilofabird
MykalB wrote:Negative. THIS is the best Patrick Stewart video ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURfntimnlA

double negative... THIS is the BEST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo

not into the d&d dice but might have to get this shirt, the designer was my biggest crush in junior high! then i stepped up to riker.... ;)

Irrelevant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant
JadenKale wrote:You've been here too long... you've drifted into the unknown... Once your eyes adjusted, you saw the reality of woot as we know it. You've been...

wait for it...

assimilated.

OH DEAR GOD NO!

sporky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sporky
peppersagooddog wrote:

HA! Love it!

pm2501

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pm2501
oddlyjen wrote:While waiting on my bastion of consternation I happened to glance over at the picture for tomorrow (today's?) shirt.woot. Why, that's a cute design. *click* "Oh my god, it's *$%&ing Wil Wheaton!"

*buy*

Similar sitch for me to.

"Oh, that's an interesting woot-off item. Hey, that looks like a 'dice atom' ... haha. that's pretty funnOHMYGAWDWHAWHAWHA??!?!?!?"

My first woot tee.

cognitus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cognitus

how old sk00l are you talking about? because I remember both kinds of D4's as far back as the mid 80's... maybe someone's dicebag just wasn't big enough

mkrauss123 wrote:Come on people

None of you have any real cred. And this design makes Mr. Wheaton an obvious poser IMO. Old sk00l D4 had the numbers mid-line on the sides and not on the corners.

bightie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bightie

Where are the percentile dice? or at least a d10? How am I supposed to make my system shock rolls?

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

I played D&D in the winter of 85? with my brothers ans sisters, yeah so I've done that once. my yunger brother looks a lot like Chris Pirillo he was way more into it. so nah I can't buy it.

dfriedenbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfriedenbach
bightie wrote:Where are the percentile dice? or at least a d10? How am I supposed to make my system shock rolls?

<3 old-school. First time I met the girl of my dreams, she was running a 1st Ed./Hackmaster mix, my first real gaming session, I think.

StingRay02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StingRay02

No hesitation. I'm in for one.

jobble wrote:That was my first reaction as well. D10 needs to be added or drop the D6 and replace it with the D10.

You gotta have the d6. Dropping the d12, though, would work. It's only good for greatswords, so no real loss if it goes. ;-)

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

I couldn't NOT get this. This is... just... *cries*. The nerd I am will sleep gleefully tonight.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
StingRay02 wrote:No hesitation. I'm in for one.

You gotta have the d6. Dropping the d12, though, would work. It's only good for greatswords, so no real loss if it goes. ;-)

Yea I was just thinking that. My first character used a greatsword, so I got some spiffy D12's for that campaign, after that never again...and I just had a bunch of pretty and useless D12's...*face palm* XD

Thordain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thordain

If I wasn't such a cheapskate I'd go for overnight shipping and have it for game day. I guess the party will have to wait a week. Seriously though, Wil, where's the d10? You even put a d12 up there! What are you, a barbarian?

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Irrelevant wrote:OH DEAR GOD NO!

Welcome to OUR world...

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
Thordain wrote:Seriously though, Wil, where's the d10? You even put a d12 up there! What are you, a barbarian?

LMAO! Nice! :D

CalculatinAvatar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CalculatinAvatar
b1aCkDeA7h wrote:Aww, no love for the d10.

My guess is that's because it's not a Platonic solid.

ramato42

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ramato42

Huh, Wil's picture looks ripped straight out of Questionable Content or something...maybe it is? Haven't read in a good while.

Anyway, in for one. I don't think I'd ever respect myself if I didn't buy this shirt...eh, wot?

n8lewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n8lewis
mkrauss123 wrote:Come on people

None of you have any real cred. And this design makes Mr. Wheaton an obvious poser IMO. Old sk00l D4 had the numbers mid-line on the sides and not on the corners.

Remember: Wil Wheaton says "Don't be a some dude's uncle!"

rogatywka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogatywka

In for one.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence

I like the little avatar. Heh heh heh. Definitely jeph's work.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn

BAH.

And my shirt budget was spent for this month.

In fact, my shirt budget was probably spent for the the next three months.

But I gotta have it.

F3l1xL33ch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages F3l1xL33ch
ramato42 wrote:Huh, Wil's picture looks ripped straight out of Questionable Content or something...maybe it is? Haven't read in a good while.

Anyway, in for one. I don't think I'd ever respect myself if I didn't buy this shirt...eh, wot?

Well, that is because it was ripped straight out of QC.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1246

Get reading, slacker!

ramato42

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ramato42
F3l1xL33ch wrote:Well, that is because it was ripped straight out of QC.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1246

Get reading, slacker!

Teehee, thanks for that. I stopped around comic 1100, I think...I should seriously catch up :P

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

Wil Wheaton posted on his blog to explain why he chose to omit the D10 dice.

I chose a d6 instead of a d10 because I thought the d10 looked too much like the d8. The gamer geek in me won't shut up abut how nylon the d6 is compared to the d10, but the rest of me thinks it was a good choice.

So there you go.

MischievousGrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MischievousGrin

In for one. My boyfriend is going to love it!

F3l1xL33ch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages F3l1xL33ch
ramato42 wrote:Teehee, thanks for that. I stopped around comic 1100, I think...I should seriously catch up :P

I think the truly sad thing is that I knew within about 10 strips what number that comic was.

I believe I may have perused jeph's archives one too many times.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
isparabola wrote:Wil Wheaton posted on his blog to explain why he chose to omit the D10 dice.

So there you go.

it's only cool if he actually said 'nylon'

sleepyjen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sleepyjen
jobble wrote:That was my first reaction as well. D10 needs to be added or drop the D6 and replace it with the D10.

On Wil's blog, he states:
I chose a d6 instead of a d10 because I thought the d10 looked too much like the d8. The gamer geek in me won't shut up abut how nylon the d6 is compared to the d10, but the rest of me thinks it was a good choice.

aceattorney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceattorney

In for one. Thanks Wil.

BTW, my first shirt.woot purchase!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

i was gonna say reading some of these D&D comments makes me feel a lot cooler, but then i realized, i'm on a site with a bunch of D&Ders

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
Irrelevant wrote:Cool. That's what I was going for. Apparently this dude has a legion of fans, so I'd assume if any shirt is going to reset the 3K run sellout time, this would be it.

Good work JK getting the times and shirts down.

The JadenKale is always on the mark, factual, tactful and always willingly to explain anything or admit the occasional error.

Thanks JK

renofett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renofett

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
AdderXYU wrote:This is both exactly as painfully nerdy as I thought it would be, and at the same time not half as poorly designed as I'd presumed.

Thanks for that, Wil. I was expecting a lot worse.

Wil, around here, this is actually a compliment.

Congrats on the print!

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen

"Am i in the room?"

Yeah, no d10; but he probably didn't want to spoil the symmetry with a spherically irregular polygon. Easy enough to wing it with a d20.

(In for 2, btw.)

Fuzzympb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fuzzympb

Sorry folks. No D10, No Likey.
Nice try though.

Fuzzympb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fuzzympb

Sorry folks. No D10, No Likey.
Nice try though.

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen

As for "he was one of us all along": Wes was every bit as much a geek as Wil—perhaps even moreso—building force field and tractor-beam generators, amongst other audacious projects, in his spare time. The little hardware hacker! ;P

OtakuRyu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OtakuRyu

I can't NOT have this X-x
Mrrr... I'm in.

"The maddest of all are those who see the world as it truly is, and not as it should be."
~Don Quixote

“We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”
~Goethe

revderrick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages revderrick
Where are the percentile dice? or at least a d10? How am I supposed to make my system shock rolls?

You win the best reference derby, IMHO. Just made my morning.
Wouldn't feel right wearing it w/ no d10s, sorry Wil.

Planes and trains and boats and buses characteristically evoke a common attitude of blue,
unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport and the cargo that they're carrying is you.
-Tom Waits

SaucyPackrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaucyPackrat

In for one, first shirt.woot, long-time lurker, HUGE FREAKING WIL WHEATON FANGIRL.

Yeah, hi guys. - SPR

IronClad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IronClad

Hey, I checked the sizing chart and it doesn't explain the difference between a WXL and XL? May be a dumb question, but does anyone know the difference?