jramsaran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jramsaran

had to get this for my bro...

it's so hard to shop for a 6'6'' geek now-a-days...thanks for making it easy!!

skeanthu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skeanthu

I am so gonna throw down in this one.

mkrauss123

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mkrauss123
cognitus wrote:how old sk00l are you talking about? because I remember both kinds of D4's as far back as the mid 80's... maybe someone's dicebag just wasn't big enough

More old sk00l than mid 80's obviously.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
IronClad wrote:Hey, I checked the sizing chart and it doesn't explain the difference between a WXL and XL? May be a dumb question, but does anyone know the difference?

The W-prefix is for women.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Aww... I can't buy this shirt and I really thought that I would. I may be a little dorky on the inside, but this is just too much. The only D&D I ever liked was the cartoon that used to come on Saturday mornings when I was little and me wearing this would just be... weird.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
rocketjohn wrote:The W-prefix is for women.

And the K-prefix is for kittens.

or kids... After seeing AGrant's tiny dogs in the shirts, I easily forget.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
BootsBoots wrote:Aww... I can't buy this shirt and I really thought that I would. I may be a little dorky on the inside, but this is just too much. The only D&D I ever liked was the cartoon that used to come on Saturday mornings when I was little and me wearing this would just be... weird.

this is why i read the forums... i didn't know it was a D&D shirt. i've seen the dice before, but didn't know what game they were used for. so first glance i was like, nerdy chemistry shirt.

not in for one then, and still not in for one now. but it's not as bad as tuesday's shirt, or yesterday's for that matter.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic

I'm apparently not nerdy enough for this one as these references and inside jokes about this shirt are going way over my head. I'm guessing those polyhedral die have something to do with a game, but that's as far as I understand it. Definitely not for me, but happy for everyone else that is soiling their shorts. *shrug*

JadenKale

Okay... I made a promise in the woot-off I'd do this so, here we go:

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! KippyJ bought WIL WHEATON'S SHIRT AT 3AM THIS MORNING!!!

and she bought one of mine, but that's not as cool as KippyJ buying WIL WHEATON'S SHIRT AT THREE A.M. THIS MORNING!!!

::flushed:: okay... I'm done now. Go about your normal daily comments.

nunyazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nunyazz

Nice Wil!... If you don't like this shirt, your NOT a geek!

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
JadenKale wrote:Okay... I made a promise in the woot-off I'd do this so, here we go:

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! KippyJ bought WIL WHEATON'S SHIRT AT 3AM THIS MORNING!!!

and she bought one of mine, but that's not as cool as KippyJ buying WIL WHEATON'S SHIRT AT THREE A.M. THIS MORNING!!!

::flushed:: okay... I'm done now. Go about your normal daily comments.

That was 3am EST. ;)

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

JadenKale

kippyj wrote:That was 3am EST. ;)

oh yeah... DAMMIT XP

kippyj

SpastasticNomadic wrote:I'm apparently not nerdy enough for this one as these references and inside jokes about this shirt are going way over my head. I'm guessing those polyhedral die have something to do with a game, but that's as far as I understand it. Definitely not for me, but happy for everyone else that is soiling their shorts. *shrug*

Let's fill you in, shall we? Wil Wheaton played a character on Star Trek TNG. He also gambles. He designed this shirt. That's the gist. The rest you have to figure out or not.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

emk1028

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emk1028

I ordered one to be sent to Arizona now I want one to be sent to Pennsylvania and they tell me I already bought one. ARRRRG! Surly they don't have a separate mailing address for each shirt if you buy two, do they???

kippyj

emk1028 wrote:I ordered one to be sent to Arizona now I want one to be sent to Pennsylvania and they tell me I already bought one. ARRRRG! Surly they don't have a separate mailing address for each shirt if you buy two, do they???

Nope. Just set up another account, then buy the other one. I'm pretty sure you have time.

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

I think the shirt will be a sell out as 50% of the people buying will buy because it speaks to them on a high school boy who hides in the corner with other high school boys and plays games with 60-sided die .... the other 50% will buy it because a b-list celebrity designed it. I'm of the latter. Unfortunately, as I sit here and stare at it, I can't help but to wonder if I know enough about D&D to even explain the shirt to people. Given that I'm a girl and the whole design will be skewed (read: boobies) I'm guessing I need to pass.

I poop while I Woot.

emk1028

kippyj wrote:Nope. Just set up another account, then buy the other one. I'm pretty sure you have time.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll give it a try. My son really NEEDS this shirt.

Nochipra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nochipra

Great design Wil, love it! Very cool in a geeky way

kippyj

iamjessica wrote:I think the shirt will be a sell out as 50% of the people buying will buy because it speaks to them on a high school boy who hides in the corner with other high school boys and plays games with 60-sided die .... the other 50% will buy it because a b-list celebrity designed it. I'm of the latter. Unfortunately, as I sit here and stare at it, I can't help but to wonder if I know enough about D&D to even explain the shirt to people. Given that I'm a girl and the whole design will be skewed (read: boobies) I'm guessing I need to pass.

I'm a woman with a larger chest. I bought one. Nobody cares about Wil Wheaton being B-list...it's the Star Trek mystique. I actually bought it just to taunt my best friend who will be jealous. I've been trying to convince him he needs a computer for years, but he's old and doesn't believe me. BTW...if I like a w00t shirt well enough, I spend the money to have it tailored so it fits my chest and smallish waist. I've only done it for three of them, though. The rest are just pajamas. ;)

kippyj

emk1028 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll give it a try. My son really NEEDS this shirt.

No problem...I'm multi-tasking this morning, unlike the w00ters at the w00t-off who didn't sleep last night, so I'm chatting with both forums and just happened to catch your question. Since shipping is free, I'd buy him two...also they shrink about two sizes when you wash and dry them.

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref

I really WANTED to get this... because I'm a big fan of Wil Wheaton, and his amazing blog.

I thought to myself, "I'll buy it, because Wil made it, and he seems like an awesomely cool guy."

But now that I see the design, which is not a bad design as far as basic designs go, I simply can't bring myself to give away $10 on something I would rather nail my legs to a chair than wear. Call me a snob, but I just can't imagine wearing RPG dice... on a shirt... for any imaginable reason.

kippyj

eneref wrote:I really WANTED to get this... because I'm a big fan of Wil Wheaton, and his amazing blog.

I thought to myself, "I'll buy it, because Wil made it, and he seems like an awesomely cool guy."

But now that I see the design, which is not a bad design as far as basic designs go, I simply can't bring myself to give away $10 on something I would rather nail my legs to a chair than wear. Call me a snob, but I just can't imagine wearing RPG dice... on a shirt... for any imaginable reason.

I tend to agree, but I have flaming red hair. I can't usually wear bright red. However, in small doses on a graphite background it will look spectacular, I think. If not, I'll gift it.

emk1028

kippyj wrote:No problem...I'm multi-tasking this morning, unlike the w00ters at the w00t-off who didn't sleep last night, so I'm chatting with both forums and just happened to catch your question. Since shipping is free, I'd buy him two...also they shrink about two sizes when you wash and dry them.

Right about the shrinking. Wooted the Birds of a Feather for myself in WL. It is more like kids large. I couldn't begin to fit into it.
NO luck ordering the second shirt, oh well.

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
nunyazz wrote:Nice Wil!... If you don't like this shirt, your NOT a geek!

Wow, that sorts out my identity crisis.

The shirts kinda sorta ok, but im not into the whole d + d scene.

Then again....

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

kippyj

emk1028 wrote:Right about the shrinking. Wooted the Birds of a Feather for myself in WL. It is more like kids large. I couldn't begin to fit into it.
NO luck ordering the second shirt, oh well.

Yup...they start out one size smaller than most American shirt sizes, then they shrink two more. I order a men's size to fit my chest, then shrink it, then if I really, really like it, I have it tailored to fit my waist and to shorten it. Otherwise, it's sleeping material.

TerriStorer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TerriStorer
thesis4eva wrote:When I saw the name "Wil Wheaton," I knew I recognized it. Then my jaw dropped. I might just have to get this because he designed it.

Stand By Me was my favorite movie as a kid. I rewatched it recently and realized how much I should not have been watching that movie when I was 11.

This is the main reason why I'm getting it. I love Wil Wheaton in SBM and TS and ST:TNG. Plus I used to play D&D a long long time ago.

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref
BootsBoots wrote:Aww... I can't buy this shirt and I really thought that I would. I may be a little dorky on the inside, but this is just too much. The only D&D I ever liked was the cartoon that used to come on Saturday mornings when I was little and me wearing this would just be... weird.

That cartoon? Pure awesome.

But damn did I ever want to slaughter that unicorn. Why did it seem all the cartoons from that era had to have at least one 'super-annoying character that always ends up getting people into trouble' ?

csmorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmorgan
csmorgan wrote:Yea thats what I was thinking. d10 is rather important. Now I'm on the fence.

Okay, I will let it slide, Designer gave a good enough reason for omitting it. Wooted.

FirstWoot:BFG 5700LE 256MB OverclockedAGPVideoCard
FavoriteWoot:CuisinartGrindandBrewThermal 10-Cup CoffeeMaker
RazerMouseQty:6
Friends:Leakfrog,BlackWootCapeMonkey,Powersquid

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
JadenKale wrote:no... I didn't say it was a 3k run.
and I corrected myself. I was talking about Cool Breeze.

The point is the BEST sell out for a shirt ever was 19 mins. In theory, he can easily outsell the other 3k shirts in record time.

I coulda sworn one time when there were two shirts for $10, the run ended after 7 minutes... I could be wrong though. I'd have to look back pretty far.

JadenKale

SkekTek wrote:I coulda sworn one time when there were two shirts for $10, the run ended after 7 minutes... I could be wrong though. I'd have to look back pretty far.

That doesn't quite count considering they split the print amount in half for the shirts. So if the print level was 2500 for a normal winner/daily, they'd split it 1250 for each shirt for that print.

And I don't believe that was a 7 min sell out, but I can go and check, if you insist.

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica
kippyj wrote:I'm a woman with a larger chest. I bought one. Nobody cares about Wil Wheaton being B-list...it's the Star Trek mystique. I actually bought it just to taunt my best friend who will be jealous. I've been trying to convince him he needs a computer for years, but he's old and doesn't believe me. BTW...if I like a w00t shirt well enough, I spend the money to have it tailored so it fits my chest and smallish waist. I've only done it for three of them, though. The rest are just pajamas. ;)

Oh yeah no doubt I get the shirt. I was just being mildly amusing to myself.
You have friends who don't own computers? That is just plain wrong!

I poop while I Woot.

Xzelick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xzelick

So part of this shirt creator's bio says he met the suicide girls.... Aren't there hundreds of suicide girls? Also, if you need to brag on your bio about meeting a gothic girl who poses naked on the internet ( at least half of them are butt ugly ) then your life kinda inhales sharply and creates suction... sorry.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
JadenKale wrote:That doesn't quite count considering they split the print amount in half for the shirts. So if the print level was 2500 for a normal winner/daily, they'd split it 1250 for each shirt for that print.

And I don't believe that was a 7 min sell out, but I can go and check, if you insist.

Naaah... don't do it on my account.

The shirt is cool I guess, though I'm gonna wait to see a printed version to make sure the dotted lines show up on the shirt.

Don't really care if it omits a d10, since we never used one (just took the last number on the d20). My 20+ year old d4 does indeed have the numbers on the flat sides (so it was unique in that it landed on the number), but that's minor- I like the usefulness of the new variant on the shirt. Nice concept!

Was waiting for some person to post a pic of someone SPINNING the d4 though... we used to do that a lot back in the day. Geeky but fun.

emperor187

quality posts: 2 Private Messages emperor187
eneref wrote: Call me a snob, but I just can't imagine wearing RPG dice... on a shirt... for any imaginable reason.

No worries then...just think of it as Roman gambling dice. The icosahedron die dates back to ATLEAST the 2nd Century AD. Other types of dice date much further back. Games other than D&D use dice of different types :o

TerriStorer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TerriStorer
rocketjohn wrote:The W-prefix is for women.

True but just get the regular XL size. The WXL is a lot smaller than a regular XL.

Signed,

Female who has XL and WXL from woot and prefer the regular XL. Or get one of each and check it out on yourself

sunseeker70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunseeker70

The atom should have a 4-sided, 6-sided, 8-sided, 10-sided, 12-sided, and 20-sided die.

You failed your saving throw vs nerd history.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead

Not really feeling the shirt.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
thesis4eva wrote:When I saw the name "Wil Wheaton," I knew I recognized it. Then my jaw dropped. I might just have to get this because he designed it.

Stand By Me was my favorite movie as a kid. I rewatched it recently and realized how much I should not have been watching that movie when I was 11.

Is this really designed by the actor Wil Wheaton?? The one on the Star Trek show??

Nuker43

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nuker43

I woulda totally bought the shirt if it was this shirt.

tehooper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tehooper

Great shirt, in for one.

But it's sorely missing the essential d8. How else will I know how much dmg my longsword deals?