rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
Maus24 wrote:It's not like it's difficult to stay out of arm's reach of a T-Rex...

Its not their arms that you need to worry about!

Sarcastik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sarcastik

This...is terrible.

koi, i wanted to buy one!!!

*sigh* Put me in for an imaginary 1...*hands over leftover monopoly money*

Sarcastik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sarcastik
nrarmen wrote:You know...I said in the derby thread that if this shirt prints I'll start running 2 miles a day...ahuhu...guess I've got motivation to do so now (to avoid being chased by an angry mob).

haha, great shirt man, make more

woodszilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woodszilla

man, finally a shirt I actually like and it sells out before 3am... Are only the ugly shirts still going to be available when I wake up?

nrarmen

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nrarmen
woodszilla wrote:man, finally a shirt I actually like and it sells out before 3am... Thinkin shirt.woot is pretty useless to me, apparently only the terrible shirts are still around when I wake up in the morning.

You can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

firasion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firasion

hmm, if anyone receives this shirt, can you post up pictures of it being worn? not quite sure if i want to buy it...

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

grats on the sellout. i really love the text but personally would have liked to see a better image to go with it. guh, dinosaurs.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

alerataivar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alerataivar

I think a lot of people are against this design for the wrong reasons.

The point of shirt design is not to be artistic in the same way that a painter or a writer is artistic (though they certainly can and do overlap). The point is to produce something that someone would want to wear. You can go for specific demographics, as this one does, or a more general public audience, but either way, you are pandering to a public of some kind. This shirt does what it is supposed to do: it produces a product and a catch that people are willing to pay for. And it is well proven that popular humor sells. Not everything has to look good on a canvas as well.

I'm fine with it. No, its not my favorite design and no, I don't think its incredibly witty. But it doesn't have to be. There is no minimum high-brow marker you have to reach before you get on the ride. That's OK.

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
AdderXYU wrote:Half of woot spends every day at the tech side saying nothing but "THIS THING IS SO nylon I WILL POST A LOLCAT".

I'll relinquish my position as resident shirt.woot curmudgeon when they relinquish their positions as dolts.

very well put. KUDOS!

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

NeverEnoughToys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NeverEnoughToys
Rampant wrote:I cannot believe the overwhelmingly negative responses on page 1 for something that sold out by 2:48 AM CST (earliest I have ever seen something sell out on shirt.woot when paying attention, at least).

I agree. I laughed out loud when I saw this in my RSS reader. As someone who struggles with exercising, this was relevant and funny! Especially with the comment someone made about this dinosaur being closest an overweight Giganotosaurus (he's overweight because of people like me with low motivation).

He who dies with the most toys is STILL dead!

EinnaFK

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK

ARG! The *one* time I go to sleep early and the only shirt I wanted gets sold out. Grrrrr. Now I have to wait for reckoning. nylon.

But, congrats!!

markvsocal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markvsocal

Hey, I want one of these!

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Wow, congrats on the really early sellout :D

nrarmen

ramyb wrote:Wow, congrats on the really early sellout :D

Thank you I look forward to seeing your shirt tomorrow. I'm tempted to buy haha

toolboxtommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toolboxtommy

awesome design, sold out when i got here tho maybe you should make a line like this, kinda like those demotivators (http://demotivators.com/overconfidence.html)

49erJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 49erJoe

Dinosaurs are so NOT funny. You think they are cute and all, but then the running and the biting starts and let me tell you, IT AIN'T FUNNY!!!!!

Sephlaren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sephlaren
svengoolie wrote:This is... terrible. I haven't seen this bad a shirt here in a long time. It's like he's trying to sell it on the very concept of the "motivational poster" style, but it's not funny. It would be better if he just copied a popular one. That would be bad too, but at least there could be something funny. As it is, I can't imagine there being any audience for it. You think fat people are gonna walk around advertising that they don't work out?

I'm fat. I bought one. It's funny. You're way too serious!

Sephlaren...

dlcarroll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlcarroll

Awsome shirt and of course its sold out ARGGGH!!
And to all of you who dont like it, don't by it.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

congrats on the sell out! as I said before, the only shirt in the fog that I wanted.

that was fun while it lasted!

JanieJones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanieJones

I'm so proud of my fellow Louisvillian!! It sold out too fast for me to buy one, but I'll definitely be getting one during the reckoning! Good job.

Sephlaren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sephlaren
rugrats2001 wrote:You know, if everyone on the west coast didn't have the advantage of a 3-hour time difference, maybe these shirts would stay around long enough for us Eastern Standard Time people to buy them.

Californians can woot the new shirts at 10 PM before they go to bed, but Ohioans have to stay up until 1 AM to do the same.

:-(

Its sunny here too and we don't have blizzards. Of course we're in a drought...

Sephlaren...

matthk12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthk12

nooooooooooooooooo

sold out dammit!

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
kevo66 wrote:wow, dude. time for happy pills. at least you can say you exercised your First Ammendment rights today.

You go Kevo!! What a downer! I thought the shirt is well done and a hoot..definitely what it would take for me to go for a run! :o)

jlw0001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlw0001

ich. like something i would have designed in Jr. high.

kkimonty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkimonty

really wanted one .... anyway i can get one somewhere else?

nrarmen

kkimonty wrote:really wanted one .... anyway i can get one somewhere else?

You can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot

svengoolie wrote:
This is... terrible. I haven't seen this bad a shirt here in a long time. It's like he's trying to sell it on the very concept of the "motivational poster" style, but it's not funny. It would be better if he just copied a popular one. That would be bad too, but at least there could be something funny. As it is, I can't imagine there being any audience for it. You think fat people are gonna walk around advertising that they don't work out?

imdaman99 wrote:Pipe down, fatty :P

svengoolie, I hate to tell you, but if you don't know that us fat folks advertise the fact that we don't work out, ever time we enter a room...it doesn't make a %*@! what we are wearing. I say at least wear a cute shirt that shows you have kind of sense of humor about yourself. Life is too short to be such a freaking drag!

bonniecrnfa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonniecrnfa

Rats! Missed it. Make some more! I want a bunch - one for every lazy I know - myself included. Great shirt!

amebriril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amebriril

You have done to shirt.woot what Al Gore did to the Nobel Prize.

ohioplayer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ohioplayer
amebriril wrote:You have done to shirt.woot what Al Gore did to the Nobel Prize.

Now that's funny!!!!!

kkimonty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkimonty
nrarmen wrote:You can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

thanks!!! btw, congrats. =D

DTMRM

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DTMRM
PJLime wrote:Who choose the fonts? Why two different fonts?

I think it was meant to look like the motivational posters you see at college, like the teamwork one.

john1528

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john1528

Booo! When I saw this shirt on the Derby I wanted it to win so bad! This would be the perfect shirt for those lazy days I just sit around the house, NOT exercising.

danogus01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danogus01

This one is hilarious!

amebriril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amebriril

cancer shirt is cancer?

albie1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albie1977

A stick figure running from a T-rex? Maybe if the stick figure was well-rounded (like me), then I'd buy it.

Congrats on the design, though.

Nemo me impune lacessit

rgreen454ss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rgreen454ss
nrarmen wrote:You can buy the shirt tomorrow for $15 if you still want it. Here is the link: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8168

Looks like I will be one of those suckers buying tomorrow Although I didn't vote for your shirt I was still planning on buying it... Now I just gotta pay more.... Oh well, Congrats!!!

hookemhorns212

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hookemhorns212

why did they stop at 2999?

FaithinJesus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FaithinJesus

I enjoy this one very much. Good job.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Rampant wrote:I cannot believe the overwhelmingly negative responses on page 1 for something that sold out by 2:48 AM CST (earliest I have ever seen something sell out on shirt.woot when paying attention, at least).

It's an overwhelmingly bad shirt.

My guess is the discrepancy comes from most wooters who bought one not remembering how to use a keyboard. Or else having theirs shorted out by their own drool